US man offers to swap house for new iPhone

webfact

US man offers to swap house for new iPhone

DETROIT: -- A homeowner in the US city of Detroit wants to trade his property for a new iPhone after he failed to find a buyer for his rundown house currently listed for $US3000 ($A3245), a local TV station reports.

The three-bedroom, one-and-a-half-bathroom colonial house in Detroit's east side had been originally listed for $US5000.

The house is a victim of the economic dive taken by Detroit, once the thriving heart of the global car industry and now home to an estimated 78,000 abandoned buildings.

It wasn't long before the house owner decided to simply settle for the latest Apple gadget.

"It's a real listing," real estate agent Larry Else told local channel Fox 2 on Tuesday.

"My client, he is from overseas, and he told me he would be willing to trade the property for an iPhone 6 ... It sounds to me like he wants the premium version, but I'm sure he's willing to negotiate."

In fact, the owner would be up for trading the house even for a 32-gigabyte iPad.

Full story: http://www.theage.com.au/world/us-man-offers-to-swap-house-for-new-iphone-20141008-113bir.html

theage.jpg
-- The Age 2014-10-08

Must have voted for Obama and if Obama had a son, he would look just like this fella!

Actually, he probably voted for John Kerry back in 2004 but Bush won. And, we're still living with how that debacle turned out, including this guy.