TAT to promote 'martial law tourism'

webfact

this is a ridiculous statement

Martial law is used in situations where the people in control are not in control.....Hense it is NOT safe. (travel insurance is void in places where there is martial law)

Nothing surprises me in Thailand anymore

AND WOULD YOU PLEASE STOP IT WITH YOUR PRECIOUS TOURISM COMMENTS.......NOBODY GIVES A HOOT!!!!

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Words fail me.....

Do they ever ask (foreign) experts in travel, marketing, sales (and in this case - insurance) how this might be perceived by foreigners? Ever?

Nothing says "honey, pack up the kids ... let's get going" like Martial Law.

NOT.

post-145190-0-20350100-1413192067_thumb.

The logic on this forum amazes me.

The sad story of the Koh Tao murders are remembered as if martial law is a complete failure.

I say how many terrorist attacks have there been in the capital of Thailand since martial law? None. Martial law was implemented because General Prayuth was sick of seeing innocent blood spilt by the red terrorists. It was not implemented in late May because of tourists getting murdered or raped. Was it? It was to stop the senseless killings by red shirts. It worked and my golly gee it worked well. 10/10 for the Good General on that one. Complete success.

But lets pretend ( a bit of red shirt "make believe" if you will) martial law was implemented to protect tourists. Below is a list of a few crimes committed under a democratically elected government like;

Two female tourists die mysteriously at same Koh Phi Phi resort

Fishermen find body of murdered British tourist

Pirates attack, kills British yachtie near Koh Dong

Thai man arrested, charged with murdering tourists

Two female tourists shot dead on Thailand resort beach

Murder in Thailand: another tourist shot dead

Paradise lost: Another tourist raped at Thailand resort island

Increasing violence against tourists threatens Thailand's tourism industry

A Swiss woman was found dead on a beach in Krabi where she may have been strangled and robbed. Edith Jungen, believed to be in her 30s, was found in shallow water on Noppharat Beach in Tambon Ao Nang in Krabi's Muang district.

German woman was killed during a full moon party on a beach in southern Thailand.

Two young female tourists were murdered on the beach in Pattaya.

Two Thai men were convicted of raping and killing 21-year-old British tourist Katherine Horton on Koh Samui.

The next day a Swedish woman who was visiting Thailand with her husband and children, was also raped on Koh Samui.

So through deductive reasoning tourists are safer under martial law according to the frequency of murders and rapes (or the lack there of) since they have implemented it when comparing it to a democratically elected government.

That is PTP logic right there.

I for one feel a lot safer walking the streets of Bangkok knowing I can walk freely anywhere and not be a casualty of a red terrorist attack.

Under martial law and under a democratically elected government the crimes against tourists go unabated. That won't change.

Are you the Junta's official TV voice?

"Thawatchai said that martial law is beneficial to tourism, because it ensures that foreign tourists can be safe 24 hours a day...." Did the poster forget to read the post before he posted his dribble? TV, if you want to look stupid here's the best place to do it.

• Like 1

"The TAT is preparing a campaign called '24 Hours Enjoy Thailand' to attract foreign tourists to visit Thailand under martial law," TAT Governor Thawatchai Arunyik told Thai Rath newspaper on Friday.

cheesy.gif cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Okay, please stop with all these announcements, I can't breathe.

• Like 1

The sad story of the Koh Tao murders are remembered as if martial law is a complete failure.

I say how many terrorist attacks have there been in the capital of Thailand since martial law? None. Martial law was implemented because General Prayuth was sick of seeing innocent blood spilt by the red terrorists. It was not implemented in late May because of tourists getting murdered or raped. Was it? It was to stop the senseless killings by red shirts. It worked and my golly gee it worked well. 10/10 for the Good General on that one. Complete success.

But lets pretend ( a bit of red shirt "make believe" if you will) martial law was implemented to protect tourists. Below is a list of a few crimes committed under a democratically elected government like;

A Swiss woman was found dead on a beach in Krabi where she may have been strangled and robbed. Edith Jungen, believed to be in her 30s, was found in shallow water on Noppharat Beach in Tambon Ao Nang in Krabi's Muang district.

German woman was killed during a full moon party on a beach in southern Thailand.

Two Thai men were convicted of raping and killing 21-year-old British tourist Katherine Horton on Koh Samui.

The next day a Swedish woman who was visiting Thailand with her husband and children, was also raped on Koh Samui.

So through deductive reasoning tourists are safer under martial law according to the frequency of murders and rapes (or the lack there of) since they have implemented it when comparing it to a democratically elected government.

I for one feel a lot safer walking the streets of Bangkok knowing I can walk freely anywhere and not be a casualty of a red terrorist attack.

Under martial law and under a democratically elected government the crimes against tourists go unabated. That won't change.

Are you still wearing your yellow shirt disguise?

TAT: the hub of weekly silly announcements... clap2.gif

They started early this week, must have been a productive week-end at brainstorming meeting

Question of the day:

How many functioning brains does it take to make a brainstorming session? Is there a Standard?

Your defence of all things 'general' is admirable but you like him will soon discovered, a little like an anti-personnel mine, The moment you take your foot off it...it goes bang and you cant escape the blast. Not sure if you are chief sponsor of 'Junta Hour' or 'Anybody not in support of the Junta is a Terrorist Hour'

• Like 1

Are you the Junta's official TV voice?

"Thawatchai said that martial law is beneficial to tourism, because it ensures that foreign tourists can be safe 24 hours a day...." Did the poster forget to read the post before he posted his dribble? TV, if you want to look stupid here's the best place to do it.

Please stop me if the following is incorrect. There is effectively a news blackout with army spies at all media outlets sensoring broadcasts and prints so it only fair to assume that nothing gets quoted by government offices without the NCPOs consent. Thanks Gen goes with your public support, reward and promotion of Koh Tao police officers for a cover up which has brought international condemnation down on Thailand. Some men should only dress in Khaki

Thai Authorities To Promote 'Martial Law Tourism'

By Khaosod English

14131794521413179560l.jpg

"Thawatchai said that martial law is beneficial to tourism, because it ensures that foreign tourists can be safe 24 hours a day...."

....Haemmmm.... Koh Tao rape and murder victims didn't seem to have 'enjoyed' the martial law. Did they ?!?

She looks scared shi...less!!

"Thawatchai said that martial law is beneficial to tourism, because it ensures that foreign tourists can be safe 24 hours a day."

sick.gif .

If I remember correctly the brutal murder of the two young Brits on Koh Tao took place under martial law??coffee1.gif

Amazing sophistry - well done!

Have you thought of applying for a job with TAT?

Some posts have been removed, please pay heed to the following pinned announcement.

NCPO: All suspects in lese majeste cases, national security cases, violators of NCPO orders will face court martial

Due to the fluid situation in Thailand and the pressure being placed on the media, Thaivisa will temporarily impose strict limitations on any comments that can be construed as being negative about the imposition of Martial Law or the Coup. Posters will also not be permitted to make references to the royal family.

It is the hope of Thaivisa that this will be a temporary situation. Thaivisa will continue to monitor the situation and it is our wish that in a short while we will be able to less strict in the policy concerning posting. Posts contravening the policy will be removed without notice.

Please exercise extreme care in your posts. The same rules applies to Facebook, Twitter and other social media. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.

Thaivisa Forum guidelines/rules: http://www.thaivisa....tion=boardrules

Thaivisa Forum Admin