What exercise did you do today?

eeeya

Im a little annoyed at those who recommend Sport. All my friends who thought i was quite mad playing Action Man when younger and did nothing but watch are now quite healthy.I now face a constant miserable battle not to get fat.

The two have nothing to do with eachother.. you might still be used to eating the same amount as when you exercised a lot. Just a question of some research and lifestyle changes. Though if you think you can drink loads of alcohol and still not get fat.. too bad wont work for most of us.

Never forget we all got different body types.. i need to do a lot to keep slim others don't has nothing to do with sports at an early age but all with bodytype.

True, but i built up muscles , to keep them trim gets more of a chore then pleasure now im old.And ive worn some joints that moderation would have stopped.Look at Jeff Capes today.!! .sad.png

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im a little annoyed at those who recommend Sport. All my friends who thought i was quite mad playing Action Man when younger and did nothing but watch are now quite healthy.I now face a constant miserable battle not to get fat.

The two have nothing to do with eachother.. you might still be used to eating the same amount as when you exercised a lot. Just a question of some research and lifestyle changes. Though if you think you can drink loads of alcohol and still not get fat.. too bad wont work for most of us.

Never forget we all got different body types.. i need to do a lot to keep slim others don't has nothing to do with sports at an early age but all with bodytype.

True, but i built up muscles , to keep them trim gets more of a chore then pleasure now im old.And ive worn some joints that moderation would have stopped.Look at Jeff Capes today.!! .sad.png

Then loose the muscle.. but slowly but that does mean eating less. I got plenty of muscles myself and only one minor injury. Sometimes my right shoulder gets inflamed a bit after certain weight exercises and sometimes not. Real strange but that is how it is. But keeping trim is far more an eating (and drinking) thing as anything else.

My day is not done yet.

I will lift weights from 4 pm to 5:15.

I will then drive the short distance to my jogging area. I used to ride my bike to this particular area, but the traffic is kind of dangerous.

I jog 2.4 km and I time myself to make sure I do it in less than 14 minutes.

I then walk about 5 minutes.

Next, I sprint 300 m and time myself to make sure I do it in less than 60 seconds.

Afterwards, I jog 5 km in about 30 minutes.

Finished.

Everyday except Sundays and Wednesdays.

I'm 40 yrs old, 185 cm and 81 kg and I do not consider myself a fit person. I'm your average tall skinny guy on the street. My conditioning used to be much much better. I drink.

Had sex with the missus this morning, then both of us had breakfast, a wash up afterwards

then we rode 40K's of single track on our MTB's and now....my fingers are exercising posting

this dribble.....just FYI of course since the OP asked...same same....different day...

Edited by sunshine51

I love walking but now I can't do it so much as the bone in my heel has become very sore (one person said it could be that I have developed a "fallen arch" so I went to the sports department in a big store and bought a proper metal hula-hoop with sponge covering and intermittent notches. I try to get in 3 fifteen minute stints daily. Great, can do it while watching the TV.

Did three one and a half km runs with my three dogs individually which takes about 30+ minutes and then 40 minutes anarobic exercise. I do this for three/four days then one day of rest and repeat all over again. Despite accelerating towards 70 years of age next month, feel really great. Sad thing is, if I can't do the exercise for any reason for a couple of days, I feel really sh..y.

• Like 1

I walked to the market and back, mixed mortar and laid 40 breeze blocks. I washed my tools, and am now getting drunk. The concept of 'exercise' never entered into my way of life, I just work when I can. Picture from yesterday.

but he is talking about today... not yesterday. getting drunk is only exercise for your wrist and throat

I walked to the market and back, mixed mortar and laid 40 breeze blocks. I washed my tools, and am now getting drunk. The concept of 'exercise' never entered into my way of life, I just work when I can. Picture from yesterday.

but he is talking about today... not yesterday. getting drunk is only exercise for your wrist and throat

yes, yes, the foto was from the then yesterday but I did the same thing every day up to today come to that. I earned good money as a landscape gardener. I did a lot of stuff that the client could very well have done himself and watched them drive off to the expensive fitness club. I never did get over my contempt for people that wouldn't do common labour in their own gardens 'what would the neighbours think?' and then spend even more money performing really stupid repetitive tasks on a tread mill or something. They were often contemptuous of me also, of course, and I made sure they paid for that. For 3 years I worked as a life saver at the local pool in the evenings and saw these guys coming in (swimming IS the best exercise going). I once got 'who do you think you are?' (a university graduate, actually), so I had the pleasure of throwing him out. Sorry, I'm ranting.

• Like 2

Well I am impressed!!! Surprised as well?

I used to be overweight but since retiring I have have got my weight to 72 Kgs, (Now age 64) I ride a Trek Mountain bike every day, but on average only about 5-10 kms.

Sometimes, about once week,I ride Pattaya to Bang Saray, about 21 Kms, each way.

I eat carefully and sometimes drink a little too much, but as i said I am surprised because:

1/. I do not see many foreigners etc riding bikes on the road, or come to that walking real distance (Especially on these side walks!)

2/. I do not see crowds of keep fit types in the Gyms.

3/. Why are so any people well overweight and gasping for air, if they are exercising?

Don't get me wrong, its everyone's choice, I was just so surprised to hear of all these distances people ride!

Edited by Pdavies99
  • Like 2

today I took a walk 6 kms, by the beach and I came by road.
This allowed me to hop between jellyfish and count the cars and pick flowers along the road.
I regularly of walking and swimming.hit-the-fan.gifcowboy.gif

I did two short sessions of non stop skipping, went to the park and did 20 mins work on the machines.

I look at manual labor as something which breaks your body down rather than builds it up. Just because something makes you tired doesn’t mean it qualifies as healthy exercise.

I am one of those guys who spent hours in the health club everyday playing squash, lifting weights, stretching, sauna, Jacuzzi and regular massages. Never cared for manual labor, however. Even athletes who are very fit need to train in order to maintain a healthy well balanced physique. Lifting a few beers just isn’t the same thing. My years in the health club have left me a very healthy and happy 60 year old.
I was getting ready to go for a ride today when a neighbor’s dog decided it was a good idea to give birth at our house instead of its own. This is the second time this has happened and with two different dogs. Fortunately this time the owner eventually came to collect the puppies. All our dogs have been fixed so the puppies are definitely not ours.
With an extra day off, perhaps I will opt for a different longer route tomorrow, depending on how I feel of course.
Edited by villagefarang

I look at manual labor as something which breaks your body down rather than builds it up. Just because something makes you tired doesn’t mean it qualifies as healthy exercise.

I am one of those guys who spent hours in the health club everyday playing squash, lifting weights, stretching, sauna, Jacuzzi and regular massages. Never cared for manual labor, however. Even athletes who are very fit need to train in order to maintain a healthy well balanced physique. Lifting a few beers just isn’t the same thing. My years in the health club have left me a very healthy and happy 60 year old.
I was getting ready to go for a ride today when a neighbor’s dog decided it was a good idea to give birth at our house instead of its own. This is the second time this has happened and with two different dogs. Fortunately this time the own eventually came to collect the puppies. All our dogs have been fixed so the puppies are definitely not ours.
With an extra day off, perhaps I will opt for a different longer route tomorrow, depending on how I feel of course.

congratulations to Dad. You must be exhausted. clap2.gifburp.gif

I was getting ready to go for a ride today when a neighbor’s dog decided it was a good idea to give birth at our house instead of its own. This is the second time this has happened and with two different dogs. Fortunately this time the own eventually came to collect the puppies. All our dogs have been fixed so the puppies are definitely not ours.

Having never been a Dad is something else which has contributed to me being healthy and happy at 60.biggrin.png

• Like 2

Every day at about 4.30 pm the dog comes and pull me up from the chair and then we go walking mostly me, the dog runs around. I do sprint several times to get the hearth beat up. Since we exercise around a lake the dog, a Golden Retriever, comes with a stick she want me to throw into the water, so she also swims a lot and I get execise for the arms. We do this about 1-1,5 hours almost every day. I am 68.

When we come home it is good with a cold beer and some nuts.

• Like 1

Having never been a Dad is something else which has contributed to me being healthy and happy at 60.biggrin.png

It's never too late, that it is today, with multiple births. How are you going to call: OBAMA, Holland, MERKEL, Bashar el-Assad,facepalm.gifthumbsup.gifw00t.gif