Manchester City

mrbojangles

City won't sack Mancini!!

Well there is your answer,unless they are blatantly bullshitting of course :D

Won't be the first time the Chairman has openly shown his backing for the current manager, only to push him off the cliff shortly afterwards. :D

Understatement of the year BJ!! :D :D

The dreaded Chairmans vote of confidence.

Based on what was said.........

With a good pre-season to prepare for next season he (Mancini) is going to do a wonderful job for us next season and for many years.

"I have the highest regard for him as a human being and as a person and believe he is definitely the right manager for this club for many years."

I would say there is a good chance Mancini will be sacked on Monday morning :)

Yep, remember this from awhile back..

Al Mubarak, delegated to invigorate City by the club’s new owners, said: “We are calm and under control and we on the board have the highest regard for Mark. I am personally committed to him as I am committed to the partnership between executive chairman Garry Cook, Mark and myself. This is a winning team that is going through a learning curve right now.

"Thankfully I do not read the newspapers that are saying he is under pressure but I find it incredible. I am told that there are reports that we are associated with two different coaches and that we are about to sign them. It is rubbish."

Al Mubarak underscored his support of Hughes by stating that the club was working to a 10-year plan and that money was being made available for Hughes to spend when the transfer window re-opens in January.

He added: “January is going to be an interesting opportunity for Mark to improve the team. This is an exciting dynasty we are building and we are only in the first two months. I think people will see then that we have good foundations in place in the team, we have a good coach and that we will be upgrading in terms of players. Hopefully the results will come."

this just in..... :)

Tevez tipped to be world's best

City chairman backs star striker to go from strength to strength

By Ben Collins Last updated: 7th May 2010 Subscribe to RSS Feed

Tevez tipped to be world's best

Manchester City chairman Khaldoon al-Mubarak has tipped star striker Carlos Tevez to become the world's best player.

The Argentina international has been a revelation in his first season at Eastlands after making the cross-city switch from Manchester United.

The 26-year-old's 23 league goals weren't quite enough to secure City a first-ever UEFA Champions League place, although they are assured a top-six finish.

Despite being named the Blues' player of the year on Thursday evening, Tevez has been tipped to leave Eastlands in the summer having criticised manager Roberto Mancini's training methods.

Phenomenal

But Khaldoon insists he is going nowhere this summer and expects Tevez to go from strength to strength.

"Carlos Tevez has scored 29 goals and been the heart and soul of this team," he told the club's official website.

"He has been absolutely phenomenal.

"I have no doubt he's going to be the best player in the world - it is just a matter of time."

Tevez will face former club West Ham in City's final game on Sunday before heading to this summer's World Cup with Argentina.

And if there is any friction between Tevez and Mancini then the pair will have to resolve their differences before the new season as Khaldoon insists the Italian will remain in charge.

Stephen Ireland and Shaun Wright-Phillips may have to weigh up their futures, though, as the midfield pair have not been regulars since Mancini succeeded Mark Hughes in December

Any word on how Tevez might celebrate if he scores ?.. :)

He was on the bench Ken and came on after about 70 mins to a very special round of applause. Nice one Hammers fans :D

In all my years of watching football, I have never seen a reception like that for an opposing player. :D

you lot interested in a new captain next season citizens?

You having a spring clean and a clear out, are you stevie :)

not me personally bojangles. though i reckon i'm a better centreback than kolo toure.

£30m plus £8m a season including image rights. watch this space.

You having a spring clean and a clear out, are you stevie :D

not me personally bojangles. though i reckon i'm a better centreback than kolo toure.

I think Torres is worth more than that personally.. :)

You having a spring clean and a clear out, are you stevie :)

I would take Gerard in a heart beat!!

I agree about Toure. I thought at the time it was a great buy... he has been very disappointing. I dont believe Toure and Klingon is the dream team at the back.

I would like them to get Van Buyton back.

• 3 weeks later...

Jerome Boateng has confirmed that he will sign for Manchester City before appearing for Germany in the World Cup this summer.

The highly-rated Hamburg defender has received praise for his level of performances since moving to the club from Hertha Berlin in 2007, becoming the subject of much interest from some of Europe's top clubs.

City appear to have stolen a march on their rivals for the 21-year-old's signature, with manager Roberto Mancini visiting the player in Hamburg and agreeing a £10.46million move to Eastlands.

"I am going to sign on (for City) before leaving for the World Cup and the deal will be completed," Boateng told Bild magazine

"It has been decided that I am moving there."

Boateng was delighted to see the move go through, admitting that Mancini played a big part in his decision to move to England, where he will compete with the likes of Kolo Toure and Joleon Lescott for a starting role in the centre of defence.

"He (Mancini) came with two representatives to Hamburg and we chatted for one or two hours," said Boateng.

"He convinced me to make the transfer. He believes that I will definitely need a few months to get settled in once in England, but that he sees so much potential in me that he will improve me.

Not afraid

"Even if many people say that I am going to struggle to make the breakthrough, I am confident that I will.

"I am not afraid of anybody."

Boateng also hit out at how his family was being hounded by the German press after half-brother Kevin-Prince's challenge on Michael Ballack in the FA Cup final ruled the Chelsea midfielder out of the World Cup.

Germany captain Ballack was considered the talisman of the squad and key to his country's chances of winning the tournament, but Kevin-Prince, who could face off against Jerome in the final group game after switching allegiances to Ghana through a parental connection, has come under severe scrutiny.

"It disturbs me the way our family name is being dragged around in public and my family is not being left in peace," he added.

"It is not on that my big brother George suddenly has cameras on his doorstep and he is being forced to stay indoors.

"They said I have just got to live with that, being a Boateng.

"This has overstepped the mark. It has been ridiculous."

to balance out the euphoria on this thread.. :)

Inter star Maicon: I want to join Jose Mourinho at Real Madrid, not play for Manchester City

Inter full-back Maicon is sure that he does not want to leave Serie A for Manchester City.

The Brazilian international has been the subject of speculation regarding his future in recent days, with new Real Madrid coach Jose Mourinho said to have made him one of his prime transfer targets this summer.

And it is to the Bernabeu that the player, currently with the Brazil squad preparing for the World Cup, wants to go.

"What I want is to play in Madrid and for me it would be an honour to be there and a great opportunity in my career," he told AS.

"With Manchester City I have nothing, I assure you.

"I'll say very clearly to avoid misunderstanding: I want to play in Madrid, I do not want to go to Manchester City.

"In addition, I repeat that I have nothing with the English club."

The appeal of working with Mourinho is clear, with Maicon believing that the Portuguese is "one of the best coaches whom I have come across in my life," and adding that it would be "really nice" to work with him again.

However, the full-back insisted that he was not discussing his future with Real's Brazilian playmaker Kaka whilst the two are away on World Cup duty.

"I have a great relationship with Kaka, but the truth is that I have said nothing to him about Madrid," he added.

"Here we are concerned only with the Selecao and I'll have time to talk to him about other topics."

Jerome Boateng has confirmed that he will sign for Manchester City before appearing for Germany in the World Cup this summer.

I am delighted to see that my post of April 14th has been verified.

Good luck to Manchester City and Jerome.

Yaya Toure's agent claims his client will be playing in England next season, with a deal already agreed.

The Barcelona midfielder's representative has refused to state with which club an agreement has been struck, but the Ivorian has been strongly linked with Manchester City of late.

The Blues, who already boast Toure's brother Kolo on their books, are believed to be leading the race for his signature, keen to add some much-needed steel in the centre of the park.

The Barca ace has, however, attracted interest from Manchester United and Arsenal in the past, so it is far from certain that he will be turning out at Eastlands next season.

"If everything goes well, Yaya will go to England," Toure's agent, Dimitri Seluk, told Ona FM.

"But we can't talk about definite clubs. We already have a closed deal, and all will be resolved before the World Cup."

Toure joined Barca from Monaco in 2007 and quickly became an integral part of their side, patrolling the area in front of the back four.

Price tag

He has landed six major trophies during his time at Camp Nou, but has fallen down the pecking order over recent seasons.

Some reports have suggested that he could be used as a makeweight in Barca's protracted efforts to lure Arsenal skipper Cesc Fabregas back to Catalunya.

That may provide his best route out of the Primera Liga giants, as an asking price of around €36million (£30m) could scare off some potential suitors.

Seluk added: "It seems to me too much money. His club have shown they want him to leave, it's not normal that they're asking for this amount.

"If (Barca president Joan Laporta) likes Toure so much, he could have explained why he didn't play so much.

"This year we haven't spoken to him even one time, and if he leaves it's because that was lacking."

• 2 weeks later...

Not the best of opening fixtures, Away to Tottenham and then Home to Liverpool. I'd sooner have had Chelsea's and Man Untd's openers, who both play new promoted teams. Not that I am suggesting it's rigged, of course :)

Not so sure about that BJ, the newly promoted clubs can be a right old banana skin.....better to lose to us instead!

Not the best of opening fixtures, Away to Tottenham and then Home to Liverpool. I'd sooner have had Chelsea's and Man Untd's openers, who both play new promoted teams. Not that I am suggesting it's rigged, of course :)

Not so sure about that BJ, the newly promoted clubs can be a right old banana skin.....better to lose to us instead!

:D

Not the best of opening fixtures, Away to Tottenham and then Home to Liverpool. I'd sooner have had Chelsea's and Man Untd's openers, who both play new promoted teams. Not that I am suggesting it's rigged, of course  :)

The season hasn't started yet and already City Folk are making excuses  :D

Not the best of opening fixtures, Away to Tottenham and then Home to Liverpool. I'd sooner have had Chelsea's and Man Untd's openers, who both play new promoted teams. Not that I am suggesting it's rigged, of course  :)

The season hasn't started yet and already City Folk are making excuses  :D

No excuses being made by me james. Tell me you are not happy with your opener against Newcastle, at home.

The season hasn't started yet and already City Folk are making excuses   :D

No excuses being made by me james. Tell me you are not happy with your opener against Newcastle, at home.

hmm not really, last time (if my memory serves me correct) we opened against them or played them very early in the season we drew.

Iv'e always thought it's better to play the top teams in the first 6 games as they generally don't come out of the blocks flying rather than any promoted teams who are more likely to come out flying, just my opinion for what it's worth.

Iv'e always thought it's better to play the top teams in the first 6 games as they generally don't come out of the blocks flying rather than any promoted teams who are more likely to come out flying, just my opinion for what it's worth.

Your opinion is alway worth it's worth, Alfie :D

So it's you who is making excuses james :D

Looks like you Citeh fans might be having a laugh at our expense soon. Reports ciculating that Toure is on his way to sunny Manchester and Barca are now looking at Palcios:(.

It's fair to say the drive to Neu Camp is significantly pleasanter than the commute down Seven Sisters Road.

Looks like you Citeh fans might be having a laugh at our expense soon. Reports ciculating that Toure is on his way to sunny Manchester and Barca are now looking at Palcios:(.

It's fair to say the drive to Neu Camp is significantly pleasanter than the commute down Seven Sisters Road.

Yep. And rumours are rife with David Silva :D

Silva and Toure are quality buys. With the squad that Mancini will likely have at his disposal failur to gain silverware next season and CL isn't an option really is it?

Silva and Toure are quality buys. With the squad that Mancini will likely have at his disposal failur to gain silverware next season and CL isn't an option really is it?

Absolutely. Mancini's neck is definately on the line now.

Don't listen to this nonsense....there's a great kebab shop on the Seven Sisters.... :whistling:

I used to like City but now.....well let's wait and see....

Nice :D

From skysports:-

City clinch Silva deal

Valencia winger to join on five-year deal

Roberto Mancini has been busy trying to strengthen his squad since City's disappointing end to last season when they agonisingly missed out on UEFA Champions League qualification.

Silva was identified as somebody who could help the club challenge for future honours, although Chelsea were also linked with a move for the winger.

City have now won the chase for his signature and finalised the details of his contract.

The Spain international will complete his medical and officially become a City player once his involvement at the World Cup is over.

The 24-year-old has been linked with a move away from Valencia for some time as the financially-troubled Spanish club look to raise funds, and he is delighted to be on his way to Eastlands.

"Firstly I would like to thank Valencia as a club and all of their loyal fans, and my team-mates there and staff," Silva told City's official website.

"I have enjoyed six years at Valencia, they discovered me as a footballer and they will always be a special club for me.

"The time is right for me to seek a new challenge, and I am thrilled about playing in England with Manchester City.

"I believe the Premier League is one of the best competitions in the world and I want to bring success to City and win trophies for them.

"There has been a lot of speculation about me in the British and Spanish media, and I need to fully concentrate on playing for Spain in the World Cup.

"That is why my advisors have been dealing with City for me so that I can have my attentions only on South Africa and playing well for my national team."

Mancini also expressed his satisfaction at clinching the deal and backed Silva to make an impact in the Premier League.

He said: "I think that David Silva is one of the best midfielders in Europe, and I hope he will be a very important player for Manchester City.

"I am so pleased he is coming to us, I think he can make a big, big impact for Manchester City.

"In signing David, we are showing the world that we are bringing the best players here and that we hope to compete to win the Premier League.

"When players see what is happening at Manchester City and the ambition they are attracted to what we are building and want to be a part of it.

"I hope he does very well for Spain in the World Cup and then joins us for our pre-season, ready to compete in the Premier League.

"I am very excited about seeing him playing for Manchester City."

Yaya Toure is also expected to sign for Manchester City from Barcelona, with the midfielder's agent declaring this week that a deal was close.

Edited by mrbojangles