Manchester City

mrbojangles

What i'm interested to know is whether Mancini is calling the shots on the choice of players being bought in.  Theres no doubting the quality but he's the man thats supposed to gel them into a team.  I say this as i remember all to well the ridiculous situation at Tottenham when Damian Commoli was going out on his own and simply handing over players that Martin Jol did,nt even want!  Mindyou, with the quality coming into City, does that matter?!

I just wonder how many more will City buy this summer??? :o

I hear 3 more strikers are on the way. Gonna play 6-4-1 this year. 

Cant do that, its 1 player too many.. :rolleyes:

Forgive james, jack. He is a foreigner you know :D

BTW, I'm in Patters this weekend if you are round and about. Back to Saudi on monday night.

The one is the keeper - sorry to confuse you Citzen.   :lol:

You never count the goalkeeper james, as he is always in that position. i.e. some teams will play 4-4-2 = 10. A lesson learnt every day hey ;)

The one is the keeper - sorry to confuse you Citzen. :lol:

You never count the goalkeeper james, as he is always in that position. i.e. some teams will play 4-4-2 = 10. A lesson learnt every day hey ;)

i include the keeper in this line-up

hart 1

kompany, lescott, koralev, silva 4

tevez, adebayor, bellamy, berry, johnson, jo, santa clause, 6 :D

Bench 22 players

Edited by bkkjames

You can sense the concern in Man Utd fans right now. If you check out their squad it's easy to see why.

Do City fans think Man Utd will get in the top four this year? I think it'll be a very close thing. ;)

You can sense the concern in Man Utd fans right now.  If you check out their squad it's easy to see why.

Do City fans think Man Utd will get in the top four this year?  I think it'll be a very close thing.  ;)

What's the matter, slow day for Arry and the boys?

You can sense the concern in Man Utd fans right now. If you check out their squad it's easy to see why.

Do City fans think Man Utd will get in the top four this year? I think it'll be a very close thing. ;)

What's the matter, slow day for Arry and the boys?

It is actually! But when you think about it, realistically, there are only two CL places up for grabs because Chelski and Money city will qualify, leaving one almighty scrap over the leftovers.

Why would us united fans be concerned,our squad is very capable of a top 4 finish,chelsea have not really strengthened there squad,arsenal could be weaker if they sell faberglas,and city have bought well but will they gel as a team?

As for liverpool they could bee a suprise package now they have a decent manager.

Just like to add city has spent in the last 3 years more than any team bar chelsea have since the premier league was formed in 1992. www.transferleague.com

Just like to add city has spent in the last 3 years more than any team bar chelsea have since the premier league was formed in 1992. www.transferleague.com

Don't you mean the last three weeks?.....anyway I doubt they have finished and the rest of us with the exception of the scousers are still waiting .....impatiently.....:whistling:

Why would us united fans be concerned,our squad is very capable of a top 4 finish,chelsea have not really strengthened there squad,arsenal could be weaker if they sell faberglas,and city have bought well but will they gel as a team?

As for liverpool they could bee a suprise package now they have a decent manager.

I think United are still well and able to ease a top 4 finish. As for Liverpool, even though they have a new manager, I still they are on self destruct.

I was beginning to wonder how big City's squad is, when lo and behold I read this article on "Soccernet" today.

"Manchester City will have to offload around 12 players before the transfer window closes at the end of next month"

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=810175&sec=transfers&cc=4716

I wonder if you could loan a few to Tranmere Rovers please....:rolleyes:

I was beginning to wonder how big City's squad is, when lo and behold I read this article on "Soccernet" today.

"Manchester City will have to offload around 12 players before the transfer window closes at the end of next month"

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=810175&sec=transfers&cc=4716

I wonder if you could loan a few to Tranmere Rovers please....:rolleyes:

Yep, a bit of an headache for Mancinin there ken. Fortunately, that piece also stated:-

"Eight of the 25-man squad must be 'home grown', meaning they played in England or Wales for three seasons before their 21st birthday. City have no problem fulfilling that requirement."

I think United are still well and able to ease a top 4 finish. As for Liverpool, even though they have a new manager, I still they are on self destruct.

Thanks Mr BJ, those that are writing off United at this point really have little idea. City may well push, but I'm still not sold on the abilities of your manager. This will be the season that counts for him, no silverware and he's gone.

I suspect the top four will comprise of Man Utd, Chelsea, Man City and Arsenal. Sorry, I can't bring myself to mention Spuds.

I have just been reading an article on Citys squad, and its depth. It really is frightening!!! Exciting if you are a blue!!

Basically, as of right now, City could play 2 full teams... as below..

First team

GIVEN

RICHARDS TOURE LESCOTT KOLAROV

SILVA DE JONG TOURE A JOHNSON

TEVEZ ADEBAYOR

Reserve Team

HART

ZABALETA BOATENG KOMPANY BRIDGE

VEIRA WRIGHT-PHILLIPS BARRY

ROBHINHO SANTA CRUZ BELLAMY

Players who cannot make either team

IRELAND

JO

ONUOHA

GARRIDO

(personally, I think it will be a great mistake if either Onuoha or Ireland are allowed to leave)

The article fails to mention the youngsters WEISS/ LOGAN OR BOYATA, OR the forgotten man M JOHNSON!!!!

That is a seriously stacked squad (with Balotelli and others to follow!!!!!) Forgetting about blue tinted specs, it will be a major surprise if City do not win something this year and for sure qualify for Europe.

I have just been reading an article on Citys squad, and its depth. It really is frightening!!! Exciting if you are a blue!!

First team

GIVEN

TEVEZ ADEBAYOR

Reserve Team

HART

IRELAND

JO

ONUOHA

GARRIDO

(personally, I think it will be a great mistake if either Onuoha or Ireland are allowed to leave)

The article fails to mention the youngsters WEISS/ LOGAN OR BOYATA, OR the forgotten man M JOHNSON!!!!

That is a seriously stacked squad (with Balotelli and others to follow!!!!!) Forgetting about blue tinted specs, it will be a major surprise if City do not win something this year and for sure qualify for Europe.

I'm sure with that squad you have to win something, but either way i'll give Mancini about fifteen games. How will he control that lot of ego's when he can't even control Belamey.

First team

GIVEN

TEVEZ ADEBAYOR

Reserve Team

HART

IRELAND

JO

ONUOHA

GARRIDO

I'm sure with that squad you have to win something, but either way i'll give Mancini about fifteen games. How will he control that lot of ego's when he can't even control Belamey.

I like Bellamy, as a player, but who can control him??? Well maybe the late Bobby Robson, and even he said Bellamy could start an argument in an empty room!! :D

For sure Jack - no excuses this year. (didn't we say the same thing last year?)  :lol:

No I didnt say the same thing last year, nor did MRBJ, or any other Blue on here!! :rolleyes:

Nor did Mark Hughes or any of the City staff!!.

Top 6 finish was the agenda at the beginning of the season, then the goal posts were moved on Hughes, but even then nobody was talking about winning anything last season ( except maybe the Toronto Star or the Quebec Chronicle, but as the Canadians dont know jack sh!t about football, I wouldnt worry)

For sure Jack - no excuses this year. (didn't we say the same thing last year?) :lol:

No I didnt say the same thing last year, nor did MRBJ, or any other Blue on here!! :rolleyes:

Top 6 finish was the agenda at the beginning of the season, then the goal posts were moved on Hughes, but even then nobody was talking about winning anything last season ( except maybe the Toronto Star or the Quebec Chronicle, but as the Canadians dont know jack sh!t about football, I wouldnt worry)

That's right JD, I can remember someone spouting off about being ahead of some Canadian in the football competition and it wasn't Mr. BJ. Apparently if I know shit, you know Jack. Don't be bitter now. :lol:

Edited by bkkjames

For sure Jack - no excuses this year. (didn't we say the same thing last year?)   :lol:

That's right JD, I can remember someone spouting off about being ahead of some Canadian in the football competition and it wasn't Mr. BJ. Apparently if I know shit, you know Jack. Don't be bitter now.   :lol:

The only thing about that competition I can remember is some Canadian welching and wimping out of a bet :whistling:

Even a blind squirrel will find the odd nut, so see how you do this year, hoser!!

For sure Jack - no excuses this year. (didn't we say the same thing last year?)   :lol:

That's right JD, I can remember someone spouting off about being ahead of some Canadian in the football competition and it wasn't Mr. BJ. Apparently if I know shit, you know Jack. Don't be bitter now.   :lol:

The only thing about that competition I can remember is some Canadian welching and wimping out of a bet :whistling:

Even a blind squirrel will find the odd nut, so see how you do this year, hoser!!

Well if I beat you again this year we won't think it's a coincidence will we  :lol:

City encouraging mass exodus of playing staff

By Harry Harris, Football Correspondent

July 31, 2010

Comment

Email

Print

Manchester City are trying to offload close to 30 players, ranging from internationals to juniors, according to some of the world's leading football agents.

GettyImages

Roque Santa Cruz is one of a number of fringe players linked with a move away from Eastlands

Roberto Mancini's squad is bulging at the seams and with the announcement of his 25-man squad on the horizon, the Italian boss is determined to trim the playing personnel.

A Soccernet source revealed: "From first team squad players, through to the juniors and the kids, the club have so many players on their books, it is incredible.

"The club are devoting a lot of their time contacting clubs to place players on loan for a year, or to sell them."

But many of City players are in no rush to leave Eastlands, having landed lucrative deals since the club's Abu Dhabi owners first took control.

Another leading global agent told Soccernet: "The big earners are not willing to go. It is tough to get them out of the club.

"Its a case of having to pay them off, offer them hugs sums, millions, just to leave. Or they are going to be forced to subsidise the wages of players they sell.

"There is no doubt that City are going to lose a lot of money, on a lot of players. If it carries on like this, then in four or five years, Manchester City would have blown £1 billion on players."

City, though, show no signs of halting their spending spree. It seems that while they continue talks on recruiting a big name striker, they have caused a bottleneck in the transfer market.

Inter Milan have made their move for Javier Mascherano, but Liverpool have slapped a £25 million price tag on his head, forcing the Nerazzurri to wait until they finalise a deal with City for Mario Balotelli before swooping for the Argentina World Cup captain.

Although it has been suggested that the Balotelli deal is a sure thing, Mancini has hedged his bets by keeping tabs on Edin Dzeko of Wolfsburg.

Hallo Manchester City fans,

not much good news for you either (see Chelsea thread)!

German Borussia Dortmund - Manchester City 3 : 1

Paraguay striker Lucas Barrios put Dortmund ahead with a ninth-minute penalty only for Jo, who spent time on loan at Everton and Galatasaray last season, to level two minutes later.

Joe Hart ensured City went into half-time on level terms by diving to his right to keep out a casual Barrios penalty. But the Germans restored their lead five minutes after the break through Shinji Kagawa and Robert Lewandowski wrapped up the win in the 81st minute.

Also: Good job done Dortmund!

MAN CITY NEWS

Robinho pleads with City for Santos stay

By Soccernet staff

August 6, 2010

Comment

Email

Print

Brazilian star Robinho will plead with Manchester City to allow him to return to Santos when he arrives back at the club following the end of his six-month loan spell.

GettyImages

Robinho was granted a move to Santos on loan, but now must return.

• Forum: Will Robinho stay at City?

• Hubbard: Robinho to lead exodus?

Robinho, currently the Premier League's most expensive acquisition at £32.4 million, impressed at the Brazilian club after falling out of favour at Eastlands. However, City have order his return in a bid to sort out his future and the forward has made it quite clear where he wants to play.

"I'm going to ask Manchester City to let me stay at Santos," Robinho told Globo TV. "This club has only brought me joy so far. I won two Brazilian championships [in 2002 and 2004] here before and now we've won the Copa do Brasil.

"I have to talk to Manchester City about what will happen with me in the future. I have a contract with them and that has to be respected. My heart is with Santos, but if Manchester City don't want me to stay here, I have to respect that."

Despite the fact that City have rejected bids upwards of £15 million for Robinho and have no desire to see him go out on loan while paying his £160,000-a-week wages, Santos president Luis Alvaro de Oliveira Ribeiro remains hopeful that the forward will return to the club.

"The club [City] have told us they don't want to loan him out again but Robinho will go back and talk to their board," he said. "No one plays where one doesn't want to and I still believe we can persuade Manchester City to loan him for a little longer.

"We agreed a free loan at the start of the year and we want the same conditions now, whereby we pay his wages. That would be good for Brazilian football, for Robinho and for Manchester City themselves because it would keep the value of the player.

"I will fight for Robinho just as the players fought on the pitch [to win the Brazilian Cup], up to the limit of our possibilities."

From skysports:-

City star wants Silva lining

New boy aiming for silverware at City

New signing David Silva has praised Manchester City's swift move to bring him to the City of Manchester Stadium.

Wantaway Valencia midfielder Silva was keen to secure his future before the World Cup, and City obliged, paying Los Che £25 million to secure his services in the build-up to the showpiece in South Africa.

This meant the 24-year-old was able to concentrate on Spain's triumphant campaign and the World Cup winner is thankful City snapped him up early.

"I wanted my future sorted out before the World Cup and Manchester City showed serious intent," he said.

"They made it very clear they wanted me and were happy to stick their necks out. I wanted to pay that back."

After two trophy-free seasons at Valencia, Silva is relishing the opportunity to be in contention for silverware at City.

He added: "I have come here to win titles and important trophies. This club is going to places I want to visit.

"I can't wait to play alongside Carlos Tevez, Emmanuel Adebayor, Nigel de Jong and Yaya Toure, and that's to name just four."

Aiming for silva wear? One might have thought he would have picked a club that has actually done so in the last 34 year or stayed at his current club ;)

Let's see how he does in mid jan when its pissing down, 5 degrees and palacious or similiar tackling him from behind.

So Onouha has gone to Sunderland on loan, with a permanent deal likely at the end of the season. Looks like Ireland is going to Villa and Bellamy is surplus to requirements.

In all 3 cases I believe City are making a huge mistake, particularly with Onouha. Personally I think he is better than Richards and Zabaleta and Kompany.

Ireland is still young, and was our best player the year before last.... you dont suddenly become a bad player.

Bellamy had a great season last year, and his raw enthusiasm is contagious.

I realise with this 25 man maximum squad that players have to go...... I would rather the likes of Vierra (sh!te), Zabaleta, Barry (overrated) Lescott ( mistake), Santa Cruz (overpriced invalid),Robhinho (greedy tw@t) to name just 6 that should be got rid of before our youngsters.

There is talk of SWP, Weiss both leaving. I do not believe this is the way forward. I am excited with what we have brought in, but there is a lot of dead wood that should be cut away before letting our good young players leave.

I concur with almost of your post jack. I do think Zabaleta and Kompany are better than Onouha though......at the moment. Onouha will be a fantastic player in the not too distant future.

SWP, I'm not sure. I like the lad but he's turning into one trick donkey. Letting Weiss go is a huge mistake though.

As you say, I too am excited and can't wait for the season to begin.