Manchester City

mrbojangles

Just some quick facts about his career which are pretty impressive to be honest.

His club career has taken him from Bosnia to the Czech Republic and Germany, scoring 123 goals in 236 games along the way.

With Wolfsburg he scored 26 goals, plus 10 assists, in 32 matches as they won their first Bundesliga title in 2008-09. He was Germany's top scorer last term with 22 and has hit 17 goals in 31 international for Bosnia-Herzegovina.

BJ, how do you think he will fit in with your defensive formation, perhaps play him as another holding midfield player :(:D

Edited by alfieconn

Just some quick facts about his career which are pretty impressive to be honest.

His club career has taken him from Bosnia to the Czech Republic and Germany, scoring 123 goals in 236 games along the way.

With Wolfsburg he scored 26 goals, plus 10 assists, in 32 matches as they won their first Bundesliga title in 2008-09. He was Germany's top scorer last term with 22 and has hit 17 goals in 31 international for Bosnia-Herzegovina.

BJ, how do you think he will fit in with your defensive formation, perhaps play him as another holding midfield player :(:D

Fekk off alfie :lol:

On a serious note BJ,i can't see where you are going to play him ;) Mancini doesn't like playing with 2 up front, perhaps Tevez playing in a deeper role, but that would mean leaving out perhaps Yaya Toure and Balotelli further down the pecking order

oh well good luck.

Can anyone remember a club that had so many surplus to requirements forwards available for sale in any given transfer window? Anyone want a collection of forwards - original cost close to £100 million - job lot for next to nothing if you can take them off City's hands.

On a serious note BJ,i can't see where you are going to play him ;) Mancini doesn't like playing with 2 up front, perhaps Tevez playing in a deeper role, but that would mean leaving out perhaps Yaya Toure and Balotelli further down the pecking order

oh well good luck.

Balottelli's knee is fcuked again, out for at least a Month & if he needs another Opertaion which is likely, then he's out for 3 Months or so..

Balottelli's knee is fcuked again, out for at least a Month & if he needs another Opertaion which is likely, then he's out for 3 Months or so..

Thats done them a favour as they won't have to put up with his moaning about not being in the team, well until he gets fit again :o:D

Edited by alfieconn

At 200 grand a week or so....:o

Incidentally read today the arabs have broken the billion pound mark this week. Food for thought on this crazy game......!

Really that much just shows a billion does not buy much nowadays :D

At 200 grand a week or so....:o

Incidentally read today the arabs have broken the billion pound mark this week. Food for thought on this crazy game......!

Really that much just shows a billion does not buy much nowadays :D

Bet the new LP owners thought they got a bargain at 450 million.

oh well good luck.

As Singher said Alfie. Balotelli's knee is knackered again and has been almost all of the season. That has meant we have had little choice to play 2 up front for the majority of the time and have had to give Jo a chance.

Here are our current strikers:-

Emmanuel Adebayor hopefully soon to be gone

Edin Dzeko

Roque Santa Cruz hopefully soon to be gone

Jo Useless

Carlos Tevez

Alex Nimely not experienced and not listed in the 25

Mario Balotelli injured

James Poole not experienced U21

John Guidetti not experienced U21

Taking into account the above before Dzeko's arrival, you can see why we haven't had much choice to play 2 up front. I think that's why Mancini was so desperate to land a quality striker and he will whenever possible, play 2 up front. Just my opinion of course.

Have you got a link? Some of these figures are pie in the sky. Does it say this money has been spent on players If so, it's <deleted>.

Have you got a link? Some of these figures are pie in the sky. Does it say this money has been spent on players If so, it's <deleted>.

Must be on the city project not just on players alone.

Must be on the city project not just on players alone.

I found this online to answer the question as factually as possible..

====

Has he? Sorry Dunno, but the next time i take what Sky Sports News say as correct is the day i paint my bottom purple and dance naked through the streets of Aberdeen

The correct situation is thus, by 2014 Sheikh Mansour WILL have spent over a billion pounds on MCFC as that is when the players wages offered will have been paid. If they sell any players that have been bought then obviously it won't be. In truth he's spent around £720m so far.

But the man earns £500m profit, he's already gotten the money back he's put into the club. Owning City is pocket money to him and i'm pleased to say the £1Bn redevelopment scheme is underway and taking place on the old Aniline grounds in East Manchester. So it'll actualy be £2Bn either way.

People are looking at the purchase of City in an Abramovich or United fan view. The fact is Shiekh Mansour hasn't bought the club to make money OR to win trophies but to prove to the rest of the world of the efficiency of Middle East Investors.

It isn't like with United where Money In + Trophies won = worthy investments. Shiekh Mansour has taken a club that finished Mid-table to title challengers within 2 years. Just 2. The meedja, pundits and rival fans said that City wouldn't be able to challenge for at least SEVEN years. Let's not forget as well that £150m and one year's development was WASTED by Mark Hughes.

Utd fans will claim that investing all that money when the club hasn't won 'nuffin' is a waste of money. Well it would be, to a Utd fan. But to City fans we've seen the club take huge strides and for the second successive season City are challenging for a Champions League place, missing out by just one place and a few points last season, something again pundits, the meedja and rivals stated wouldn't happen for at least 5 years, but the club did it in ONE (having got rid of the waster Hughes, that is. How is HE doing at Fulham?).

So where winning trophies is the ultimate goal for the club and the desire of the Fans and the owners to some extent, the owners themselves view their investment as already worthwhile due to the amount of media exposure, discussion and performances have backed up their claim that Investment from Abu Dhabi IS beneficial. Anything after that is simply the icing on the cake.

Truth is the Owners want City to be the best on the planet and won't settle for second best. They outlined how much money they would need to invest into the club to transform these fortunes and they say they are well within their estimate. "Waste" comes from throwing too much without acheiving the goals you planned, so far that hasn't happened. What you won't have seen in the meedja is how City have made high profile contracts with major marketing companies and sponsorship deals worth hundreds of millions.

Because a "good news" City story isn't of any interest to the naysayers.

==========

Heres a breakdown that looks pretty near the mark too, & surprise suprise it rorginates form a Man United Site but it's still pretty much bang on..

http://www.klikfc.co...manchester-city

Edited by MSingh

Read it in one of the London papers....Standard or Metro.....anyway it was overall investment not just players.

Can't find a link though.

Up until the last couple of days my view of your manager was that he was an effeminate loking Italien, all scarfed up mincing up and down the touch line with little or no understanding of how to play attractive football.

Well, after his comments of Tottenham being half the side without Gareth, i'm starting to feel he's a bit of a helmet.

Would welcome comments from City supporters in particular BJ and Singher. :D

Up until the last couple of days my view of your manager was that he was an effeminate loking Italien, all scarfed up mincing up and down the touch line with little or no understanding of how to play attractive football.

Well, after his comments of Tottenham being half the side without Gareth, i'm starting to feel he's a bit of a helmet.

Well if you are half the club without Bale, what does that make City without Tevez?

Well if you are half the club without Bale, what does that make City without Tevez?

Easy.....George Graham's arse.....:D

I would have said three quarters personally so i disagree with Mancini on this..

Carmine, is it true that the Welsh are not allowing Bale for the Olympic Team because they are worried that the tests they do in teh Olmypic, which are a lot more stringent than the Prem, will finally show that Bale isn't in fact Human ??

A kind of Caster Semenya scenario, but x 100 ??

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/8211319.stm

I would have said three quarters personally so i disagree with Mancini on this..

Carmine, is it true that the Welsh are not allowing Bale for the Olympic Team because they are worried that the tests they do in teh Olmypic, which are a lot more stringent than the Prem, will finally show that Bale isn't in fact Human ??

A kind of Caster Semenya scenario, but x 100 ??

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/8211319.stm

I believe so singher and naturally Gareth is distraught.

Bit hypocritical of the Welsh don't you think :lol:

City without Tevez would indeed be worse off but we must remember that when he hasn't featured this year, we have won most if not all of the games.

You do go on and on about attractive football and I confess to have no idea of what you perceive to be attractive football, especially if you think the Spurms produce it. Yes, in some games we have been defensive but the passing and stroking of the ball with quick one two's has been pretty attractive to me. So, each to their own I suppose.

As for Gareth Bale. He's a top act. How much you would miss him if he went in terms of percentages, I don't know.

You do go on and on about attractive football and I confess to have no idea of what you perceive to be attractive football, especially if you think the Spurms produce it. Yes, in some games we have been defensive but the passing and stroking of the ball with quick one two's has been pretty attractive to me. So, each to their own I suppose.

As for Gareth Bale. He's a top act. How much you would miss him if he went in terms of percentages, I don't know.

If we lost Gareth AND van Der Vaart AND Modric i'd be very concerned i admit.

A slight slip up on my part using the word attractive...i meant attacking. Theres nothing wrong with your passing either.

To be honest Singhers, I'm pretty much happy with the squad we have and we now need to let them have time to work and gel together as a team. There are several we need to offload before buying any more and there are a few who my jury is still out on (Kolarov being one). But overall I think we have a good squad to chose from and they just need time to settle.

To be honest Singhers, I'm pretty much happy with the squad we have and we now need to let them have time to work and gel together as a team. There are several we need to offload before buying any more and there are a few who my jury is still out on (Kolarov being one). But overall I think we have a good squad to chose from and they just need time to settle.

Have Barry out on Loan soemwhere for this Year, had Van Bommel in for 6 Months on mega wages = CL Qualification for sure & a serious go at that Title..