Manchester City

mrbojangles

Tevez out for saturday and there is talk he has played his last game for city any truth in this?

Probably out for the match nev but don't know about it being his last game. The rumour mill is always rife. Never got to see last nights match as I was on a plane but Mancini is obviously to blame for messing with the team who buried Sunderland last week. When I get to watch the replay I'll have a better view point.

On second thoughts, do I really need to put myself through it :D

Classy thread this....no jumping up and down from the Citeh fans....no demanding the sacking of the manager etc.....

This is how fans well used to disappointment get along with it.

Or maybe they're still in shock....:D

I think you may be right. I've watched various city teams play every week since the season started and all I can say it's the biggest waste of money! I mean how many rubbish centre forwards does a team need? The team just does not seem coordinated IMO and if it weren't for a few players Ya Ya Toure, Tevez maybe Silva and Hart, they would be languishing in mid table or below. If the owners have got money to burn, I suggest they get rid of clueless Mancini ASAP and try to find a manager that knows how to put a team of 11 coordinated players together, otherwise they will just keep on buying overpriced flat footed players like Dzecko.

Edited by Tecumseh

Welcome mate and well said......you could end up like Chelsea?

What do you mean end up like chelsea they are at where chelsea are right now but skippped winning three premier league titles in the process :lol:

Welcome mate and well said......you could end up like Chelsea?

Thanks for the welcome MrRed, but I'm not a City supporter, just happen to watch everything going on TrueVisions.

I don't think City are up to scratch considering the money they have spent. I don't think the manager has a clue what his best team really is and I'd cut my losses and put petulant baby Balotelli on the first plane back to Italy with Mancini.

If ever a team needed a clear out despite players only having low mileage there, it's City.

Edited by Tecumseh

:P Well said that man^

More money than sense!

I have my doubt that Tevez will stay and if he does it will just be for money because he's not happy there. Without him I can't see that they have a forward line worth mentioning. Silva has silky smooth skills but doesn't seem to really take a game by the scruff f the neck. Balotelli, well the least said about that ignoramous the better. Dzecko is flat footed, why on earth did they pay that price for him and I wonder if anyone actually saw him play first. I feel a bit sorry for Johnson who has talent, but I feel that he's over trying because he's not really a regular and consequently a lot of shots are going off target and a lot of shots should have been passes to a colleague. Milner can be a good strong player, but I feel he needs to find his best position and let him stay there. It really is a mish mash of a forward line with Tevez darting across and back bumping into the clueless Dzecko on the way and Balotelli looks as if he's constantly sucking lemons and about to cry.

No as I said before Mancini has to go and someone with guts has to come in and clear out all this overpriced dead wood and start afresh with an idea in mind....Mourinho? He would do a good job, but I feel he has his sights set on Man U, though there's really no need for Alex to retire, that team runs itself most of the time.

Tevez out for saturday and there is talk he has played his last game for city any truth in this?

Probably out for the match nev but don't know about it being his last game. The rumour mill is always rife. Never got to see last nights match as I was on a plane but Mancini is obviously to blame for messing with the team who buried Sunderland last week. When I get to watch the replay I'll have a better view point.

He dropped Silva, simples..

He dropped Silva, simples..

He's not happy there. sad.gif

The nail in the coffin

Carlos Tevez could be part of a transfer merry-go-round if Inter Milan get their way and sign the Manchester City star.

Tevez, who is out of action for the next few weeks with a hamstring strain, is wanted by Inter, who would be prepared to pull out of the bidding for Udinese's Alexiz Sanchez if they sign the Argentine.

Italian newspaper Corriere dello Sport reports that if City accept Inter's offer of £25m for Tevez, they will bow out of the race to sign Sanchez and pave the way for City to make a move for Sanchez.

Roberto Mancini has reportedly long been an admirer of the 22-year-old and with Inter stepping down their bid to sign him in a 'gentlemen's agreement', City would be firm favourites to acquire Sanchez's signature.

Tevez's possible arrival at the San Siro could also see his international team mate Diego Milito leave Italy, with Real Madrid keen on the striker.

Edited by Tecumseh

The nail in the coffin

I read the rest but after reading that, i didn't necessarily believe a word of it..

In my rather irrelevent opinion, City should go & get Mouriinho in the Summer, thats's the Man that will get them to where they seemingly want to be & i personally don't think Mancini can or will..

They have the $ to do so & Mourinho will get an unlimited War Chest to work with & show the World that he really is the best Young Manager in the World, & his Ego would like that too..

I think you may be right. I've watched various city teams play every week since the season started and all I can say it's the biggest waste of money!

Not if your a City fan and you've seen your team progress up the league year on year since we got some money. Albeit I agree we have paid over the top for many players and some haven't delivered (tell me a team who hasn't bought a bad player)I would still prefer our owner having cash to splash and see us perform as we are, than going back to the City I was brought up with on the never ending roller coaster.

You also have to remember that we are still a newly formed team and you will see us improve. I also still hold out hope that some of the players i.e Dzecko, will get better. I think even the reds will concur that they had just about had enough of Berbatov, when all of a sudden he clicked.

I'll get round to some of your other points later, when I have some time.

I think you may be right. I've watched various city teams play every week since the season started and all I can say it's the biggest waste of money!

Not if your a City fan and you've seen your team progress up the league year on year since we got some money. Albeit I agree we have paid over the top for many players and some haven't delivered (tell me a team who hasn't bought a bad player)I would still prefer our owner having cash to splash and see us perform as we are, than going back to the City I was brought up with on the never ending roller coaster.

You also have to remember that we are still a newly formed team and you will see us improve. I also still hold out hope that some of the players i.e Dzecko, will get better. I think even the reds will concur that they had just about had enough of Berbatov, when all of a sudden he clicked.

As much as i'd like to agree with you BJ, the Dzeko >> Berbatov comparison is a Million Miles off but i understand it was just an example you were using..

You will only improve if you have the right Manager too Mate, something that many people including myself & maybe even you, are unsure that you have at the moment ..

Time will tell, MASSIVE final 6 League Games for City which will undoubtedly shape your future..

You also have to remember that we are still a newly formed team and you will see us improve.

Sorry My B. You are not a team, but I do understand it's nice for City supporters to see them up there,

The forward line has been put together without much rhyme or reason.

Adabayor, Santa Cruz, Dzecko, Balotelli cost around a 100,million. Which one of them is/was any good?

Please tell me who will score the goals when Tevez goes, (which is on the cards)? Without him what is City's real league position, because to be honest they are no more than average..

Edited by Tecumseh

In my rather irrelevent opinion, City should go & get Mouriinho in the Summer, thats's the Man that will get them to where they seemingly want to be & i personally don't think Mancini can or will..

They have the $ to do so & Mourinho will get an unlimited War Chest to work with & show the World that he really is the best Young Manager in the World, & his Ego would like that too..

If Mourinho goes to City I guarantee a clear out.

He'd have to be able to walk on water to make something out of the current forward line.

Can anyone disagree that Dzecko and Balotelli are a waste of money?

I wouldnt bother, mate. He is obviously a wind up merchant. B)

Anyone who judges how good a centre forward is, after half a dozen games, is obviously clueless or baiting!!

Classy thread this....no jumping up and down from the Citeh fans....no demanding the sacking of the manager etc.....

This is how fans well used to disappointment get along with it.

Or maybe they're still in shock....:D

I think disappointed sums it up.

Personally, I like Mancini and think he has done a good job. But he is only human and mistakes he will make.

I honestly think City are a completely different team without De Jong, but I guess there was one eye on the semi- final.

I dont like seeing Milner and Barry in the same team, I am not a particular fan of either.

As for Balotelli, gifted player that he is, he is no doubt a head case and not someone you want on your side when you are chasing a game. I think Mancini made a mistake buying Balotelli.... he is not a City type player... quite simply he is an annoying prick, but there you go!!

You also have to remember that we are still a newly formed team and you will see us improve.

Sorry My B. You are not a team, but I do understand it's nice for City supporters to see them up there,

The forward line has been put together without much rhyme or reason.

Adabayor, Santa Cruz, Dzecko, Balotelli cost around a 100,million. Which one of them is/was any good?

Please tell me who will score the goals when Tevez goes, (which is on the cards)? Without him what is City's real league position, because to be honest they are no more than average..

This may be considered by some bitter blues as a wind-up?^

But in the cold light of day most blues agree that when Tevez goes Mancini will go too....Tecumseh has some very valid points about there toothless attack.

I wouldnt bother, mate. He is obviously a wind up merchant. B)

Anyone who judges how good a centre forward is, after half a dozen games, is obviously clueless or baiting!!

Absolutely not!

Please don't think because I have a newbie tag I'm here to wind people up - I'm merely passing what is MHO, which may or may not go along with other's ways of thinking.

In fact I very much would like City to do well - they have always held a special place for me since I was young and saw the brave Bert Trautmann play on with a broken neck in the cup final. Plus and a BIG plus, when we had a subbuteo league in my school days, Manchester City were my team.....so there! wink.gif

You know my thoughts on Dzecko and Balotelli. I have not yet seen ANYTHING from Dzecko that would suggest to me that he will ever become a class act and as for Balotelli, well I think his performances and actions speak for themselves - I don't think anyone who has watched him regularly needs winding up about that.

I'll say it again, if Tevez goes where will the goals come from and Mancini is incapable of putting a coordinated team together.

Perhaps you might like to say where you think the goals are going to come from....perhaps they could bring Sturridge back

Edited by Tecumseh

You will only improve if you have the right Manager too Mate, something that many people including myself & maybe even you, are unsure that you have at the moment ..

Time will tell, MASSIVE final 6 League Games for City which will undoubtedly shape your future..

The jury is still out for me on Mancini. Like jackndanny, I like the guy but I think he's too naive on team selection sometimes. The thing is. Do we have the patience of the owners to give him time? Personally, I'd love to have Mourinho.

Dead right about the next six games. Not only will they shape our future but Mancini's future too.

I honestly think City are a completely different team without De Jong, but I guess there was one eye on the semi- final.

I dont like seeing Milner and Barry in the same team, I am not a particular fan of either.

As for Balotelli, gifted player that he is, he is no doubt a head case and not someone you want on your side when you are chasing a game. I think Mancini made a mistake buying Balotelli.... he is not a City type player... quite simply he is an annoying prick, but there you go!!

Agree 100% jack

The jury is still out for me on Mancini. Like jackndanny, I like the guy but I think he's too naive on team selection sometimes. The thing is. Do we have the patience of the owners to give him time? Personally, I'd love to have Mourinho.

Dead right about the next six games. Not only will they shape our future but Mancini's future too.

The situation of where Mourinho might pitch up is an interesting one and i agree with you about Mancini. In many respects i'd have thought Jose more likely to go to City what with the budget to create his own side, he being the focal figure, the new Messiah type stuff to pander his ego, and not having to face the prospect of living up to red nose as he would have at Utd. He could'nt stand the prospect of being told he won the title with another guys team. ;)

Problem at the moment is, he'd never, imho, join a club that was cnot in the CL and you'll have to be in it to get him. Its all about him you know. :D

Problem at the moment is, he'd never, imho, join a club that was cnot in the CL and you'll have to be in it to get him. Its all about him you know. :D

:lol: I know. that's what I love about him. He's a character but he also knows his job and how to massage the ego's of big name players.

Big name players at City now you are having a laugh :D

I think you all misunderstand Mourinho,there is a lot more to him than that ego...as you will se when he joins United.

Oops I meant to say buy Daniel Sturridge back.

Now you are trying to wind us up. He's an arrogant git who thinks he's better than he is. Never in a million years would City have him back.

Of course that's a wind up and it illustrates the difference between a wind up and a genuine opinion, which my other posts were for better or worse.

Big name players at City now you are having a laugh :D

Wright-Phillips has got to be up there with being one of the biggest. It goes all up the side, round the top and down the other side.

I think you all misunderstand Mourinho,there is a lot more to him than that ego...as you will se when he joins United.

Who are you? His PA or something. The way you talk, it's as if he's giving you a call every night!!

Now you are trying to wind us up. He's an arrogant git who thinks he's better than he is. Never in a million years would City have him back.

I don't know how goood he thinks he is then, but he is very good & even was at your Gaff..

I don't know how goood he thinks he is then, but he is very good & even was at your Gaff..

No he wasn't Singhers. He had some potential, mainly brought on as a sub and started a few games but wasn't proven and yet demanded stupid wages. Chelsea bought him but used him very little and then loaned him out to Bolton. Like I said, he has the potential but hasn't delivered anything yet and still thinks he's better than he is.