Manchester City

mrbojangles

I reckon the EPL is in classic asset bubble (top of) territory. That point on the curve where assets don't sell but sellers are still convinced that prices are going to go up. Another year and it will start to unwind.

I agree. What makes me think it is at the peak of the bubble now is that transfer fees are highest with highest wages. In other words Tevez is 50m plus 280k a week wages or Torres is 50m plus 180k a week wages. What is going to happen is suddenly noone is really going to want to pay those wages. And then Tevez or whoever really isnt worth anything in a transfer. Or if Torres had another terrible year who is going to want to pay him 180k a week and so what is he worth in a transfer. I also thought Ashley Young was taking the piss a bit with his 130k wages at Man Utd.

I reckon the EPL is in classic asset bubble (top of) territory. That point on the curve where assets don't sell but sellers are still convinced that prices are going to go up. Another year and it will start to unwind.

I agree. What makes me think it is at the peak of the bubble now is that transfer fees are highest with highest wages. In other words Tevez is 50m plus 280k a week wages or Torres is 50m plus 180k a week wages. What is going to happen is suddenly noone is really going to want to pay those wages. And then Tevez or whoever really isnt worth anything in a transfer. Or if Torres had another terrible year who is going to want to pay him 180k a week and so what is he worth in a transfer. I also thought Ashley Young was taking the piss a bit with his 130k wages at Man Utd.

Pooooh... we knew this a long time ago....just ask Jenas about it...ermm.gifunsure.gif

And there was me thinking we have been quiet in the transfer front and just waiting to pounce. But I've just been looking on the City web site and was amazed to see an article that states we have "supposedly" been linked with the following targets:-

Goalkeepers: Sergio Romero (AZ Alkmaar)

Defence: Gary Cahill (Bolton), Leighton Baines (Everton), Serge Aurier (Lens), Gael Clichy (Arsenal), Jan Vertonghen (Ajax), Raphael Varane (Lens), Gareth Bale (Tottenham), Cristian Zapata (Udinese), Karim Rekik (Feyenoord), Stefan Savic (FK Partizan), Aly Cissokho (Lyon).

Midfield: Cesc Fabregas (Arsenal), Luka Modric (Tottenham), Wesley Sneijder (Inter), Juan Mata (Valencia), Jack Rodwell (Everton), Samir Nasri (Arsenal), Alessio Cerci (Fiorentina), Eden Hazard (Lille), Marko Marin (Werder Bremen).

Strikers: Alexis Sanchez (Udinese), Sergio Aguero (Atletico Madrid), Romelu Lukaku (Anderlecht), Javier Pastore (Palermo), Gonzalo Higuain (Read Madrid), Ezequiel Lavezzi (Napoli), Cristiano Ronaldo (Real Madrid), Gervinho (Lille), Edinson Cavani (Napoli), David Villa (Barcelona), Didier Drogba (Chelsea), M'Baye Niang (Caen), Hulk (Porto), Jeffren Suarez (Barcelona).

The press are truly amazing during the transfer market and if you name enough players in rumours, at least one is bound to be right and then they'll state "you heard it here first" :blink:

Sanchez is your man.

I hope your right, any team would love to have him. But Udinese seem to be playing games and trying to get various teams in a bidding war.

Surely that would suit City would'nt it? Afterall, cash is no object.... i thought City were going to land Sergio Aguero but that seems to have gone rather quiet.

There has been a story floating around for well over a year that Sheik Mansour wants to expand City's stadium from its current 45,000 to 80,000. This doesnt effect FFP as stadium expansion expenses are excluded. Of course Man City who had a measily 16.8m gate receipts last year can hardly fill their current stadium.

The concept is that tickets would be offered for as low as 10 quid which would be a bit of a shocker for ManU and their 50 quid tickets. The idea id that they would capture the marginal supporter and young kids coming into football. I actually think it is a very fine idea indeed as match day ticket prices are ridiculous. Of course it would be good PR for the Sheik and the club.

It might be a bit of a shocker for ManU with many attendees not going to the game unless there was a decent reduction in their tickets. Even if it reduced Man U tickets from 50 to 40 quid it would cost ManU 20m which would help City's competitive position. My hope is that match day tickets in general come down to 25 quid so that the people who live in theese God foresaken places can regularly go to a match.

Anyone heard any news about this?

citizens, why are you lot in for clichy? kolarov really not all that or are you just buying up players to prevent your rivals from strengthening? you still own wayne bridge too don't you? and lescott's probably still one of the best leftbacks in the division.

citizens, why are you lot in for clichy? kolarov really not all that or are you just buying up players to prevent your rivals from strengthening? you still own wayne bridge too don't you? and lescott's probably still one of the best leftbacks in the division.

We're in for Clichy cos as you know, he's class stevie.

Kolorov - ok but too greedy and try's shooting ALL the time from impossible distances when there are players available who have a better chance of making something from the ball.

Lescott - Improved towards the end of the season but still too inconsistent for my liking.

Bridge - get him off the wage bill, no further comment.

Hello!....HELLO!......the transfer window is open you know.

What's going on??

The transfer window is not something that we at Tottenham like to get involved in smokie :(

Given some of the stories yesterday I hope we don't....some mexican striker I've never heard of and Forlan......and the unspeakable horror of the ex wet spam captain.

I''ll be on anti depressants if it goes on much longr like this....

Hello!....HELLO!......the transfer window is open you know.

What's going on??

The transfer window is not something that we at Tottenham like to get involved in smokie :(

Given some of the stories yesterday I hope we don't....some mexican striker I've never heard of and Forlan......and the unspeakable horror of the ex wet spam captain.

I''ll be on anti depressants if it goes on much longr like this....

Scrotum faces grand plans to take us forward. Anyone on a free and 30 plus year old at a cut price. Lets hope the British legal system will do the job for us this month.

Kolorov - ok but too greedy and try's shooting ALL the time from impossible distances when there are players available who have a better chance of making something from the ball.

Lescott - Improved towards the end of the season but still too inconsistent for my liking.

Bridge - get him off the wage bill, no further comment.

I agree on all the above points.

Clichy defends far better than Kolarov.

Interesting that Ronaldo thought about going to City this week,after the Rooney fiasco and signing Tevez obviously the red rags are becoming your feeder club.

Still waiting for the big money signing,who will get Nasri?

Sanchez is still waiting for your arabs 50 million whistling.gif

BREAKING NEWS

Manchester City have just bought everyone.

:coffee1:

We have to conform to the new fair play rules carmine, so I don't think it will be like that this summer.

BREAKING NEWS

Man City build new 150000 seat stadium over summer.

(and fill it with cardboard cut out fans)

biggrin.gif

I agree that he looks good going forward. Positionally a bit naive in defence and I think that he has been part of Arsenal's failure at the rear and that he is the person Arsene is referring to when he said that he had been analysing what is going wrong at the back and there will need to be changes over Summer. We had poor to average panic merchants like Squillaci and Koscielny or the promising but equally naive Djourou as central defenders last season, which would not have helped his development. Given that we now have Vermaelen back and will presumably be buying another solid central defender I'm surprised Wenger does not hang on to Clichy for another year to see whether he can prosper in a stronger unit.

I am a big fan of Kompany as you know (#1 player in the EPL last season IMO). With your already strong back line up I suspect he might learn quickly and prove to be a great buy.

I agree that he looks good going forward. Positionally a bit naive in defence and I think that he has been part of Arsenal's failure at the rear and that he is the person Arsene is referring to when he said that he had been analysing what is going wrong at the back and there will need to be changes over Summer. We had poor to average panic merchants like Squillaci and Koscielny or the promising but equally naive Djourou as central defenders last season, which would not have helped his development. Given that we now have Vermaelen back and will presumably be buying another solid central defender I'm surprised Wenger does not hang on to Clichy for another year to see whether he can prosper in a stronger unit.

I am a big fan of Kompany as you know (#1 player in the EPL last season IMO). With your already strong back line up I suspect he might learn quickly and prove to be a great buy.

Good summary there Santi. I think Mancini has seen our Achilles heel at the back and is confident Clichy can fit in with the other guys. Was Clichy there when Kolo Toure was at Arsenal? Can't remember.

Good summary there Santi. I think Mancini has seen our Achilles heel at the back and is confident Clichy can fit in with the other guys. Was Clichy there when Kolo Toure was at Arsenal? Can't remember.

Can we have Kolarov?....hope you're not still slulking now...biggrin.gif

Gail has signed and Savic is next thats your defence bolstered up whistling.gif

Yes - just looked for him on the Arsenal website to confirm my understanding of how long he was coterminous with Kolo Toure and found him deleted already!

Mr Bo - they were together at the club from about 2004 to 2009, Can't remember when Gail started regularly but and I'm pretty sure that he was regular first team in 2006/7 and 2007/8 (Kolo certainly was). Kolo got injured/lost form in 2009 then fell out with Gallas then went North.

I guess they'll be playing together again come September, provided that Kolo can keep his nose clean :rolleyes:

Typical of Wenger/Arsenal that the fee is 'undisclosed'.

Edited by SantiSuk

A big loss to City is it not Mr Bo??? ;)

"I hope that most of the City fans will understand that I have given them my all on the pitch and that my dedication to the city cause has been 100% on the pitch."

Carlos Tevez Quotes of the week

But Tevez, who has scored 53 goals in 86 appearances for City, has seemingly left no room for manoeuvre by expanding on his thoughts.

He wishes the club well and has enjoyed being part of their success, but does not feel he can carry on with his family circumstances the way they are.

"It is with great regret that I have to inform Manchester City of my wish to leave the club," he said in a statement.

"I would like to state that I have great respect for the club, its supporters and the owner, Sheikh Mansour, who has been nothing other than respectful to me.

Challenging

"I hope that the people understand the difficult circumstances I have been living under the past 12 months, in regards to my family.

"Living without my children in Manchester has been incredibly challenging for me.

"Everything I do, I do for my daughters, Katie and Florencia. I need to be closer to them and to spend more time with them.

"I need them to be happy because my life is about them now. I need to be in a place where they can adapt.

"Being captain of Manchester City, qualifying for the Champions League, winning the FA Cup and finishing as top-scorer last season has made me very proud.

"I hope that most of the City fans will understand that I have given them my all on the pitch and that my dedication to the City cause has been 100% on the pitch.

"I hope I have done my bit to help City continue their progress towards their ambition to be champions of England and to advance in the Champions League.

"I have no doubt that the players and management of City will achieve great success in the future."

Manchester City have yet to respond to the statement and attempts to speak with Tevez will be complicated due to his present commitment to Argentina at the Copa America.

I hope all you Cidy fans understand him. :D

"I hope that most of the City fans will understand that I have given them my all on the pitch and that my dedication to the city cause has been 100% on the pitch."

Carlos Tevez Quotes of the week

But Tevez, who has scored 53 goals in 86 appearances for City, has seemingly left no room for manoeuvre by expanding on his thoughts.

He wishes the club well and has enjoyed being part of their success, but does not feel he can carry on with his family circumstances the way they are.

"It is with great regret that I have to inform Manchester City of my wish to leave the club," he said in a statement.

"I would like to state that I have great respect for the club, its supporters and the owner, Sheikh Mansour, who has been nothing other than respectful to me.

Challenging

"I hope that the people understand the difficult circumstances I have been living under the past 12 months, in regards to my family.

"Living without my children in Manchester has been incredibly challenging for me.

"Everything I do, I do for my daughters, Katie and Florencia. I need to be closer to them and to spend more time with them.

"I need them to be happy because my life is about them now. I need to be in a place where they can adapt.

"Being captain of Manchester City, qualifying for the Champions League, winning the FA Cup and finishing as top-scorer last season has made me very proud.

"I hope that most of the City fans will understand that I have given them my all on the pitch and that my dedication to the City cause has been 100% on the pitch.

"I hope I have done my bit to help City continue their progress towards their ambition to be champions of England and to advance in the Champions League.

"I have no doubt that the players and management of City will achieve great success in the future."

Manchester City have yet to respond to the statement and attempts to speak with Tevez will be complicated due to his present commitment to Argentina at the Copa America.

I hope all you Cidy fans understand him. :D

I understand him.

He hates Manchester (who can blame him) and has decided to move on.

He always tried his hardest, but City are not a 1 man team, they played without him many times last season and did well enough. As long as it doesnt mean Jo playing up front :o , I am sure they will be able to find 1 or 2 decent strikers out there

I understand him.

He hates Manchester (who can blame him) and has decided to move on.

He always tried his hardest, but City are not a 1 man team, they played without him many times last season and did well enough. As long as it doesnt mean Jo playing up front :o , I am sure they will be able to find 1 or 2 decent strikers out there

What jack said.

He's been brilliant for us but everyone has to move on at some point. No animosity from me and I wish him luck.

I don't know how the contract issue will work though. Afterall, he is still on a contract with us and we would want money for him but who will pay that and his wages?

Gail has signed and Savic is next thats your defence bolstered up whistling.gif

Yes - just looked for him on the Arsenal website to confirm my understanding of how long he was coterminous with Kolo Toure and found him deleted already!

Mr Bo - they were together at the club from about 2004 to 2009, Can't remember when Gail started regularly but and I'm pretty sure that he was regular first team in 2006/7 and 2007/8 (Kolo certainly was). Kolo got injured/lost form in 2009 then fell out with Gallas then went North.

I guess they'll be playing together again come September, provided that Kolo can keep his nose clean :rolleyes:

Typical of Wenger/Arsenal that the fee is 'undisclosed'.

Cheers for that Santi :jap: