Manchester City

mrbojangles

Souness is spot on here and I have no idea what Hughes is on with his excuses.

Good riddance to bad rubbish. Fine him a month's wages and use the money to refund supporters who have bought Tevez kit.

What Hughes is on is poorly diguising the fact that he resents Mancini taking his job. i can see no other reason why such a good professional in his day would come out with such rubbish. trying to make a defense of the indefensable.

Souness is spot on. Yorke sounds out of his depth talking about shin pad let alone the Tevez situation.

Edited by carmine

What Hughes is on is poorly diguising the fact that he resents Mancini taking his job. i can see no other reason why such a good professional in his day would come out with such rubbish. trying to make a defense of the indefensable.

I don't think it's so much to do with resentment of Mancini, more like to do with it being his signing and so to say, "yes, the man is an idiot", is to say "yes, i signed an idiot".

Souness is spot on here and I have no idea what Hughes is on with his excuses.

Good riddance to bad rubbish. Fine him a month's wages and use the money to refund supporters who have bought Tevez kit.

Souness is spot on. Yorke sounds out of his depth talking about shin pad let alone the Tevez situation.

:lol:

Nonetheless Tevez truly is a godawful individual who must surely have made himself unsaleable outside South America.

Nah i think plenty of European clubs will still have him, under the mistaken belief, just like City were when they took him on, that the problem wasn't so much with the player but more to do with the previous club.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-15093522

Didn't take long, did it?

Although these cheeky buggers think they want him, but if it is not too much trouble, want City to continue paying his wages. I could go with an Irish joke here but for the sake of PC'ness and the Irish members of the forum, will hold my tongue.

i reckon his next club will be in south america. and it'll be on loan.

Quite possibly but it does rather mean that Tevez has won. We all know he wants to play for say Boca Juniors but the club doesnt have the money for his transfer fee (or likely his wages) so what would suit him better than a loan deal.

Actually I have been wondering why people are so pissed off at Tevez. Afterall it isnt as though he just shot the job creation scheme boy. And to be honest we could have a lot of fun calling it 'the inevitable result of a bottomless pit of money coming into contact with a set of braindead football mercenaries'. But what pisses everyone off, is that Tevez's attitude doesnt just take the piss out of his club, it takes the piss out of the entire game. And this is not a one off, he has been pissing us off repeatedly.

Unfortunately for City, Tevez is both an asset in terms of his transfer fee and a liability in terms of his contract. As such any action that City take against him will almost certainly be mutually destructive from a financial point of view. What we, as neutrals hope, is that City will sacrifice their own best interests to an extent, in the best interests of the game. They can at least afford it.

10) "Mario had promised me next go on his iPad"

9) "When Mancini said 'come on" I thought he was just doing an impression of Liam Gallagher"

8) "I didn't want to be the ugliest player on a pitch containing Franck Ribery" 7) "I was shellshocked at learning that a third restaurant has opened in Manchester"

6) "I didn't want the club to have to pay me my appearance fee because I already earn too much money"

5) "I broke my toe in training six weeks ago but kept it a secret. Here, I'll take my boot off so you can look"

4) "I was unfit... I blame Manchester United's medical staff"

3) "He knows what my neck's like but not once has Mancini offered me a lend of his scarf"

2) "I'd just received a pep-up injection from our new club doctor, Conrad Murray, when I felt all sleepy"

1) "The bench was closer to my kids"

Well Yes.... but the reality is that he feels there was a 'misunderstanding' about what his manager asked him to do.

I mean if you sit at a bus stop, you are presumably there waiting for a bus. And if you are on the subs bench you are there waiting to come one. If for instance you didnt feel 'up to playing mentally or physically' what are you doing on the subs bench in the first place. And what did he think that Mancini asked him to do - skin a rabbit.

All I can say is that as a football manager with some experience - if in PES 2012 I brought on a substitution and the computer simply said 'No', I would be fuc_king furious.

Well Yes.... but the reality is that he feels there was a 'misunderstanding' about what his manager asked him to do.

I mean if you sit at a bus stop, you are presumably there waiting for a bus. And if you are on the subs bench you are there waiting to come one. If for instance you didnt feel 'up to playing mentally or physically' what are you doing on the subs bench in the first place. And what did he think that Mancini asked him to do - skin a rabbit.

All I can say is that as a football manager with some experience - if in PES 2012 I brought on a substitution and the computer simply said 'No', I would be fuc_king furious.

The misunderstanding <deleted> is simply what he would have been advised to say by his management team who fear if it can be proved that he did refuse to play, this could affect payouts and such, in the case of him leaving the club. It's also an attempt to keep the fans on side with him.

10) "Mario had promised me next go on his iPad"

9) "When Mancini said 'come on" I thought he was just doing an impression of Liam Gallagher"

8) "I didn't want to be the ugliest player on a pitch containing Franck Ribery" 7) "I was shellshocked at learning that a third restaurant has opened in Manchester"

6) "I didn't want the club to have to pay me my appearance fee because I already earn too much money"

5) "I broke my toe in training six weeks ago but kept it a secret. Here, I'll take my boot off so you can look"

4) "I was unfit... I blame Manchester United's medical staff"

3) "He knows what my neck's like but not once has Mancini offered me a lend of his scarf"

2) "I'd just received a pep-up injection from our new club doctor, Conrad Murray, when I felt all sleepy"

1) "The bench was closer to my kids"

cheesy.gif

Number 1 and 3 were great.

When Modric refused to even travel with us to Old Trafford i was in favour of having him castrated. Most teams however know that ultimately they have to put themselves in a position to get as much for their asset as possible.

However, City are not like any other and i really hope they make an example of him. The almost total power these players ae now wielding is turning the game into a bit of a farce.

When Modric refused to even travel with us to Old Trafford i was in favour of having him castrated.

I'm not surprised, and it is without doubt, terrible behaviour, but at least the manager knows where he stands before kick off and can plan accordingly. Taking a place on the subs bench under the pretence of being ready to play, to then refuse, takes us to another level of "screw this club".

The misunderstanding <deleted> is simply what he would have been advised to say by his management team who fear if it can be proved that he did refuse to play, this could affect payouts and such, in the case of him leaving the club. It's also an attempt to keep the fans on side with him.

yeah, as pointed out on english radio it wasn't even his statement since he can't speak english.

yeah, as pointed out on english radio it wasn't even his statement since he can't speak english.

And really, why would Mancini make this up? For what? Just makes no sense whatsoever.

5/6 years living in England and cannot speak English sums up his mercenary ideals exactly,get rid of him and show the world that this behavior will not be tolerated.

Sadly and i think it is worth pointing out there are other unsavory factors involved with procuring massive money deals for others like him to and once these "agents" get there claws in then they really are a piece of meat for the business.

v

Kia Joorabchian

And really, why would Mancini make this up? For what? Just makes no sense whatsoever.

i actually thought mancini's immediate reaction was pretty restrained to be honest. if interviewed straight after the match i reckon i'd have have called tevez assorted things like selfish , a disgrace and a coward.

so on top of being an arrogant shithouse tevez is effectively now also calling his manager a liar. classy.

Good point. And more importantly what did he say after the match. He is first asked by Sky Sports 'Mancini says you refused to play what is the truth?' he replies 'I wasnt feeling mentally prepared and I let him know'. He is then asked to comment on the fact that Mancini said he would never play for the club again because he refused to play and Tevez says 'I was the highest scorer in the Championship, I shouldnt be treated like this.'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBsq21-ZCEA

Investigation over and done with. You cant rewrite history.

5/6 years living in England and cannot speak English sums up his mercenary ideals exactly,get rid of him and show the world that this behavior will not be tolerated.

Sadly and i think it is worth pointing out there are other unsavory factors involved with procuring massive money deals for others like him to and once these "agents" get there claws in then they really are a piece of meat for the business.

v

Kia Joorabchian

Actually if you think that 'Hughes' comments kind of missed the plot you will not be surprised to know that Kia Joorabchian is also his 'manager' as well as Tevez. He was also the guy who introduced Thaksin to Man City and was involved with Cook's appointment (before they fell out) and Mansour's acquisition. And far from simply being an agent of Tevez he also owned a large slug of him.

You lot are amazing. Not for one minute am I condoning what Tevez did and I hope City can get rid but the way you are slagging him off is a bit OTT IMO. Not a single mention about Titus Bramble. Is what he did worse than Tevez? Me thinks so. Is Tevez the first player to have refused to play? Have other players walked from clubs and had a cob on, loads of em have. So none of you can think for one minute that this is a first.

You lot are amazing. Not for one minute am I condoning what Tevez did and I hope City can get rid but the way you are slagging him off is a bit OTT IMO. Not a single mention about Titus Bramble. Is what he did worse than Tevez? Me thinks so. Is Tevez the first player to have refused to play? Have other players walked from clubs and had a cob on, loads of em have. So none of you can think for one minute, that this is a first.

He deserves every bit of slagging off he gets end of story,why the story(allegations)on Bramble has made headlines(not more so than Tevez) it just goes to show that your direction towards another matter to try and deflect away from a bad situation is embarrassing for the club fans and all involved.

Who else in such a high profile game has refused to play? this has been on the cards for a while(over 4 months)he wants to leave.... slags off the city then is stripped of the captaincy and dropped to the bench all that money and no class!

Shame really because when he plays he is 150% that must be down to his personal frustrations.

laugh.giflaugh.gifwink.gif

You lot are amazing. Not for one minute am I condoning what Tevez did and I hope City can get rid but the way you are slagging him off is a bit OTT IMO. Not a single mention about Titus Bramble. Is what he did worse than Tevez? Me thinks so. Is Tevez the first player to have refused to play? Have other players walked from clubs and had a cob on, loads of em have. So none of you can think for one minute, that this is a first.

Like most people on this forum Mr Bo, your detailed knowledge of the game far outweighs mine, but please tell me of others who have refused to move from the subs bench.

And I don't think any of this is over the top, because the background to it all is his weekly pay packet.