Manchester City

mrbojangles

You lot are amazing. Not for one minute am I condoning what Tevez did and I hope City can get rid but the way you are slagging him off is a bit OTT IMO. Not a single mention about Titus Bramble. Is what he did worse than Tevez? Me thinks so. Is Tevez the first player to have refused to play? Have other players walked from clubs and had a cob on, loads of em have. So none of you can think for one minute, that this is a first.

Like most people on this forum Mr Bo, your detailed knowledge of the game far outweighs mine, but please tell me of others who have refused to move from the subs bench.

Even worse. A certain Newton Heath player (can't remember who) refused to play extra time in a cup match, thus giving the tie to the opposition. This led to Newton Heath not playing in the FA Cup for 10 or so years, albeit through self exile I think. :D

As for Tevez, of course it was bad but don't kid me that Modric's actions aren't as bad. He wouldn't even go to the ground but that's all right innit, we can overlook that. Fekk em both and if Tevez should be booted out (which i think he should BTW), why shouldn't Modric?

And let's not forget Mr Roy Keane who let his country down.

Sorry Boj but I just can't raise any interest in NH or any of their offshoots.

Of course you have a point about Modric, but you are going to have to accept that everyone but you sees the Tevez bit as something else again.

Thanks for raising Roy Keane, I thought I was the only one who remembered. Though I seem to be the only one disgusted by his racist diatribe against McCarthy.

You lot are amazing. Not for one minute am I condoning what Tevez did and I hope City can get rid but the way you are slagging him off is a bit OTT IMO. Not a single mention about Titus Bramble. Is what he did worse than Tevez? Me thinks so. Is Tevez the first player to have refused to play? Have other players walked from clubs and had a cob on, loads of em have. So none of you can think for one minute that this is a first.

No one has mentioned Titus Bramble because its in a totally different context. He's on a sexual assault charge, his second i believe. This is a totally different issue to discussing the working ethics of Mr Tevez and it would be ridiculous to discuss them in the same context.

What is in the same context is Modric who looks like he'll be richly rewarded for his disgraceful behaviour. Ultimately, so will Tevez. Its one big win win for the modern day crop of no loyalty, kiss the badge mercenaries. It really doesn't help when the likes of Mark Hughes comes onto tv defending him. Mindyou, in managerial terms Hughes is a knob anyway.

You lot are amazing. Not for one minute am I condoning what Tevez did and I hope City can get rid but the way you are slagging him off is a bit OTT IMO. Not a single mention about Titus Bramble. Is what he did worse than Tevez? Me thinks so. Is Tevez the first player to have refused to play? Have other players walked from clubs and had a cob on, loads of em have. So none of you can think for one minute that this is a first.

Part of the problem is that it is Tevez who is a repeat offender in terms of showing disloyalty to his club and disrespect for the sport in general. His saving grace in the past was that he 'always wanted to play' and always 'gave 100% on the pitch'. That certainly doesnt seem to be the case now. I understand that City fans are far more tolerant of this sort of behavior - afterall, when a bottomless pit of money meets a bunch of brain dead football mercenaries, it is to be expected to an extent. :rolleyes:

You could always resolve the problem by replacing the manager with one that didnt insist on telling the players what to do the whole time. :whistling:

Disgraceful lack of judgement.

Talking about Mr Bo's defence of Tevez of course :rolleyes:

Disgraceful lack of reading ability.

Talking about SantiSuk's inability to understand even the shortest of sentences. :rolleyes:

Where have I even mentioned anything about defending Tevez? The little git should be booted out.

My point was about the Spuds lot slamming Tevez (rightly so) but believing Modric's behaviour was totally different and perfectly acceptable.

Apologies Santi but I had to use words of more than four letters, I tried to keep them to a minimum though. :D

Disgraceful lack of judgement.

Talking about Mr Bo's defence of Tevez of course :rolleyes:

Disgraceful lack of reading ability.

Talking about SantiSuk's inability to understand even the shortest of sentences. :rolleyes:

Where have I even mentioned anything about defending Tevez? The little git should be booted out.

My point was about the Spuds lot slamming Tevez (rightly so) but believing Modric's behaviour was totally different and perfectly acceptable.

Apologies Santi but I had to use words of more than four letters, I tried to keep them to a minimum though. :D

How is that Mr B? If you read my posts you will be aware that i voted for the castration of Modric. If you feel by that i'm defending i'd sure hate to be your enemy man. :whistling:

Of course you have a point about Modric, but you are going to have to accept that everyone but you sees the Tevez bit as something else again.

Everyone? You mean a few (somewhat bias) Thaivisa posters. As you can imagine, my mates and I (City and non-city fans) have discussed this topic at length and the majority (not everyone ;) ) believe that Modric's behaviour was just as bad. There is no element of doubt about his attitude, he didn't even turn up.

Not that I give two hoots because I want Tevez gone but he is trying to defend himself by claiming he thought he was told to warm up, when he was already warmed up. What was Modric's reason for not turning up? Something along the lines of "my mind wasn't in the right place" type of bullsh1t, was it?

Everyone? You mean a few (somewhat bias) Thaivisa posters. As you can imagine, my mates and I (City and non-city fans) have discussed this topic at length and the majority (not everyone ;) ) believe that Modric's behaviour was just as bad. There is no element of doubt about his attitude, he didn't even turn up.

Not that I give two hoots because I want Tevez gone but he is trying to defend himself by claiming he thought he was told to warm up, when he was already warmed up. What was Modric's reason for not turning up? Something along the lines of "my mind wasn't in the right place" type of bullsh1t, was it?

I actually missed rott's post. The irony of all this is that Modric's behaviour was even worse. Atleast Tevez turned up. Modric basically said <deleted> you lot, i'm staying at home!!!!!

I actually missed rott's post. The irony of all this is that Modric's behaviour was even worse. Atleast Tevez turned up. Modric basically said <deleted> you lot, i'm staying at home!!!!!

There you go Rott. A level headed Spurs viewpoint. Maybe you need to ammend "everyone" to "some". :D

There you go Rott. A level headed Spurs viewpoint. Maybe you need to ammend "everyone" to "some". :D

There's always f...ing one isn't there.

OK, well seeing as you are an ex Wallie Breck Road man, if you can amend ammend to amend, I will consider amending everyone to everyone I know of except 2 argumentative gits on here.

:(

Edited by rott

OK, well seeing as you are an ex Wallie Breck Road man, if you can amend ammend to amend, I will consider amending everyone to everyone I know of except 2 argumentative gits on here.

:D

Correcting facts is allowed on here. However, correcting speeling isn't :D

Actually, I bought a new laptop and the <deleted> keys are broke, I'm sure. I'll be typing a sentence and then the cursor will disappear onto a different line. I wonder if there is a sensitivity setting on it?

Actually, I bought a new laptop and the <deleted> keys are broke, I'm sure. I'll be typing a sentence and then the cursor will disappear onto a different line. I wonder if there is a sensitivity setting on it?

Try typing in arabic ;)

Try typing in arabic ;)

شكرا

Personally I think that the whole of football should make a stance against tevez and let the fuc_ker rot and never be able 2 kic a football professionally again. But football being what it is, no sense of morality what so ever, they will be cueing up to sign him as allternatspice down at the Hammers has already shown, and 2 rub it in they will be looking to get a relative bargain. I was listening to talk sport yesterday and they had clarke carlisle head of the pfa on and his take on it was he was really hoping it was all a misunderstanding, yeah right, but what happens if man city chiefs investigate and come down on that side ? where does that leave Mancini? reckon he will swallow his pride and take a big step backwards and agree or will his position be untenable ?

To lighten the tone a bit and almost totally off topic one of my colleagues at work has received a couple of poison pen letters.....so the management have decided to interview each of the staff next week for 20 mins each. I am in a small group of people who don't have to attend. Bit worrying that....does it mean they don't value my opinion? or am I simply too well adjusted to reasonably be considered a suspect? biggrin.gif

Meanwhile I had the colleague in question moaning about him not being afforded the same two week holiday as Mr Tevez.....perfectly understandable given the sunny weather here at the moment! laugh.gif

Here's one for you.

Scholes sympathy for Tevez plight

Former Manchester United midfielder Paul Scholes expressed sympathy for Carlos Tevez on Friday following the striker's suspension for allegedly refusing to come off the bench against Bayern Munich.

The unsettled Manchester City star has faced a wave of condemnation across English football following his apparent snub to manager Roberto Mancini during the second half of the club's Champions League match in Munich on Tuesday.

However Scholes, a former team-mate of Tevez's at United, expressed support for the Argentinian and compared the case to an incident in 2001 when he refused to play for United in a League Cup game.

"I know Carlos quite well. He's a player who wants to be playing," Scholes told BBC Radio 5 live. "When he's a sub, it will be killing him.

"It's totally up to the manager but Carlos wouldn't have been thinking that. He'll be thinking, 'The manager is against me, why is he not bringing me on? I'm City's best player and he's not playing me'.

"I'm not saying he (Tevez) is right - it's totally up to the manager."

Scholes recalled how he refused to play in a League Cup game in 2001 after being dropped for a previous game against Liverpool.

The former England international was subsequently fined a week's wages by Sir Alex Ferguson.

"You think you should be playing and my head was all over the place. I thought he (Ferguson) was messing me about, wrongly really. It's up to him what he does with his team," he said.

"I realise it was stupid. I let the manager down and it was something I regretted. It's probably similar to Carlos Tevez's state of mind if it is true he refused to come on."

get rid of him and show the world that this behavior will not be tolerated.

I'm off to work now but when I get back I expect to see some lame excuse as to why Scholes behaviour was different !! ;)

Scholes was not sat on the bench,Scholes has said he was very wrong and apologised to the manager he expected the sack!

How many clubs did Scholes play for? now now keep digging :lol:

I'm off to work now but when I get back I expect to see some lame excuse as to why Scholes behaviour was different !! ;)

Scholes was not sat on the bench,Scholes has said he was very wrong and apologised to the manager he expected the sack!

You can't hide the sneaking feeling that Mancini is a crap manager. SAF would not have stood for it and Scholes fering the sack says it all....Tevez will be sitting at home grinning his way through this charade.

A quick response but even more lame than I expected. You really need to come up with something better.

There is absolutely no difference whether on the bench or not. he refused to play for you. But you can keep on worshipping Scholes if you like. Personally, i don't give a hoot if Tevez apologises to Mancini and says he was very, very, very wrong. I want him out.

Now, I really have to go to work.

A quick response but even more lame than I expected. You really need to come up with something better.

There is absolutely no difference whether on the bench or not. he refused to play for you. But you can keep on worshipping Scholes if you like. Personally, i don't give a hoot if Tevez apologises to Mancini and says he was very, very, very wrong. I want him out.

Now, I really have to go to work.

You don't have to go to work though do you Mr B Just tell your boss your heads not right today so you are not working and if he doesn't like it he can stick it. Stay on the forum for the day.

In a few days you will probably be rewarded by being offered a new longterm contract with another company anyway and probably with more money. ;)

What planet is football on these days!!!