Manchester City

mrbojangles

Fully agree jack. At work. we have only just been discussing the exact same, especially about De Jong. As for Hargreaves, I think he just needs more action. Difficult to be out for so long and just come straight back into it. The trouble is, nearly every game is important and you can't afford to give someone a game just to get him match fit (unless your beating someone 6-1 that is) :D

Yes I agree that Hargreaves probably represents a typical dichotomy that all club have. It was the same with Liverpool and David Ngog. He was rubbish but full of potential. All you have to do is play him while he is rubbish enough. Actually the situation with Hargreaves is probably simpler on the basis that if you play him 'enough' he will almost certainly be injured.

Abrak, you really are showing that you know nothing about football!! Have you ever seen Hargreaves play??

He was a phenomenal talent.... one of the best midfielders around.

You are comparing him with Ngog???? :blink:

Keep to your stats!! Thankfully you dont look after my hedge fund, as I would probably be skint by now, and you would blame it on some incalculable coefficient deficiency!!

Abrak, you really are showing that you know nothing about football!! Have you ever seen Hargreaves play??

Keep to your stats!! Thankfully you dont look after my hedge fund, as I would probably be skint by now, and you would blame it on some incalculable coefficient deficiency!!

No really all you are showing is that you know nothing about statistics.

Statistically Hargreaves doesnt actually play football so he is useless. And you are stating that he is 'one of the best midfielders around' based on 5 League appearances over the last 4 seasons which is pretty heroic in any sense whatsoever. So you are entitled to your own football knowledge of the world but you should realize that in any true sense Hargreaves 'is a figment of peoples footballing imagination'. He could be bloody Ronaldo for all I care but as he doesnt play football he isnt much use.

And people keep on telling me I know nothing about football when I have already agreed with them and never claimed otherwise. I just wonder if the people who obviously 'know' about football, 'know' about anything at all.

No really all you are showing is that you know nothing about statistics.

Statistically Hargreaves doesnt actually play football so he is useless. And you are stating that he is 'one of the best midfielders around' based on 5 League appearances over the last 4 seasons which is pretty heroic in any sense whatsoever. So you are entitled to your own football knowledge of the world but you should realize that in any true sense Hargreaves 'is a figment of peoples footballing imagination'. He could be bloody Ronaldo for all I care but as he doesnt play football he isnt much use.

And people keep on telling me I know nothing about football when I have already agreed with them and never claimed otherwise. I just wonder if the people who obviously 'know' about football, 'know' about anything at all.

Abrak!! Read my post again!! I am not saying Hargreaves is one of the best midfielders around!!! I said he WAS a phenomenal talent, one of the best midfielders around!!Referring to early 2000's. He has won Champions league medals with both United and Bayern. You dont do that by being a shit player!! Personally I dont think he will get back to the level he used to be at. But the point you are missing is that he used to be good... very very good!! And you comparing him with Ngog is ridiculous :blink:

Abrak!! Read my post again!! I am not saying Hargreaves is one of the best midfielders around!!! I said he WAS a phenomenal talent, one of the best midfielders around!!Referring to early 2000's. He has won Champions league medals with both United and Bayern. You dont do that by being a shit player!! Personally I dont think he will get back to the level he used to be at. But the point you are missing is that he used to be good... very very good!! And you comparing him with Ngog is ridiculous :blink:

Cool Jack... so what you really want to say is that you have built an enormous hole in which you wish to fall into. However you will continue to dig deeper so that you can fall further.

Edited by Abrak

Cool Jack... so what you really want to say is that you have built an enormous hole in which you wish to fall into. However you will continue to dig deeper so that you can fall further.

I have absolutely no idea what you are going on about!! Unless English is not your first language, and I have lost something in translation?? :blink:

i'll take what's going. and two legs between us should be two humdinging games.

yaya toure might miss both legs due to the african cup of nations. who else you lose? his brother obviously but he barely plays does he. . .is that it?

and two legs between us should be two humdinging games.

Should be. But I suppose it will be down to what the managers decide to field.

yaya toure might miss both legs due to the african cup of nations. who else you lose? his brother obviously but he barely plays does he. . .is that it?

And Adebay.......oh wait a minute :D

Looks like you'll be without a key player also.

Not a good draw in the Carling Cup. I think most would have preferred a City v Liverpool final.

On balance it's a good draw for Manyoo, Arsenal, Chelsea (and Newcastle?).

A total of 5 diversionary encounters where Liverpool and/or Man City will field reasonably strong sides (at the least), rather than four B teamer picnics plus two diversionary encounters.

Man City's B team would wipe the floor with the Anfield B team (and everyone else's B team come to that), so it's a fairly clear decision for our Ken.

Edit; sorry Spuds - good draw for you as well

Edited by SantiSuk

Not a good draw in the Carling Cup. I think most would have preferred a City v Liverpool final.

On balance it's a good draw for Manyoo, Arsenal, Chelsea (and Newcastle?).

A total of 5 diversionary encounters where Liverpool and/or Man City will field reasonably strong sides (at the least), rather than four B teamer picnics plus two diversionary encounters.

Man City's B team would wipe the floor with the Anfield B team (and everyone else's B team come to that), so it's a fairly clear decision for our Ken.

Edit; sorry Spuds - good draw for you as well

Yes very happy with that draw. And yes mrboj we are aware of Adebabiggrin.gif.....that's why Levy has a new striker being flown in to sign while the lump of coal is as warm as the whisky being poured down his throat. Honestly mate its true....I read it somewhere....

I think it is a great draw it gives a chance for the lesser clubs to reach the final... of course also the bitters and bindippers will now have two games smile.gif but then again could you imagine if we would of beaten palace? laugh.gif i am sure you would not of been happy!

but then again could you imagine if we would of beaten palace? laugh.gif i am sure you would not of been happy!

Nah, we'd have beaten you in the semi like last year :D

All I was saying was a Liverpool V City final would have been a better spectacle than City or Liverpool V Cardiff or Crystal Palace.

Yea, I expect stevie on here any moment about "how do they aways doi it"

Anyways, bring it on-hope it's a great match!

Seriously though jimbo, you must be gutted at the draw, although this does mean that Red Nose can focus more onto holding second place in the league. :D

Would you Adam and Eve it. City V Man United in the FA Cup :o

biggrin.gif Mr Red is inconsolable....!

What a tie. What a fillip for the FA. What a deal for the big sponsors. What a fix!!

ohmy.gif Surely not!

What's a "fillip" :blink: Is it cockney rhyming slang? Maybe a Spuds, Chelsea, Arsenal or Man U fan can help me out :D

Personally I have never heard of the word!! So I did a search...

fillip [ˈfɪlɪp]

n

1. something that adds stimulation or enjoyment

2. the action of holding a finger towards the palm with the thumb and suddenly releasing it outwards to produce a snapping sound

3. a quick blow or tap made by a finger snapped in this way

vb

1. (tr) to stimulate or excite

2. (tr) to strike or project sharply with a fillip

3. (intr) to make a fillip

[C15 philippe, of imitative origin]

Not the sort of thing one hears in the White Lion or Cask and Feather!! :lol: :lol: :lol: