Manchester City

mrbojangles

A high point to be going into tomorrow's game. Best of luck! thumbsup.gif

Cheers smokes. I confess to being a nervous wreck at the moment crazy.gif (is that the right emoticon or is it this one) wacko.png

No...this is the one you want...thumbsup.gif

mancini stopped picking him after his ban because he was a liability and because he had tevez back fit.

He was a liability long before the ban, and Mancini said it himself by saying that he didn't trust him... yet he still played him.

i feel sorry for anyone who considers maradona (at least spell it right eh rix?) a 'knob'. the man is and was a genius.

He was a genius on the pitch, he was and still is a complete <deleted> moron (hope i spelt that right) off it. Love to know in what way you still consider him a genius?

There is a point in which one can overlook character flaws and put them aside to just concentrate on the talent they do have. There is also a point in which one can't. A point in which who they are as a person starts dirtying the waters of who they are as a footballer, and affects the admiration we might have. Well for me anyway. Perhaps there are some who could find out their favourite player was a child molester, and not have that fact affect their feelings in any way.

Absolutely Rix. Just because he was a genius doesn't in any way take away the fact that he was/is a total moron.....and that at best.

Quite how anyone, bar perhaps an Argentine can think of him as anything other than a total knob is beyond me. Thats him as a person as i have seen him.

As a player, as i've said before, he's the best i've ever seen and whilst its hard to admit being an Englishman thats just the way it is. I'm still amazed that the "Hand of God' incident is used by some to suggest he was nothing more than a cheat. He was undoubtedly flawed, as genius often is but a genius he was nonetheless.

• Like 1

mancini stopped picking him after his ban because he was a liability and because he had tevez back fit.

He was a liability long before the ban, and Mancini said it himself by saying that he didn't trust him... yet he still played him.

i feel sorry for anyone who considers maradona (at least spell it right eh rix?) a 'knob'. the man is and was a genius.

He was a genius on the pitch, he was and still is a complete <deleted> moron (hope i spelt that right) off it. Love to know in what way you still consider him a genius?

There is a point in which one can overlook character flaws and put them aside to just concentrate on the talent they do have. There is also a point in which one can't. A point in which who they are as a person starts dirtying the waters of who they are as a footballer, and affects the admiration we might have. Well for me anyway. Perhaps there are some who could find out their favourite player was a child molester, and not have that fact affect their feelings in any way.

Absolutely Rix. Just because he was a genius doesn't in any way take away the fact that he was/is a total moron.....and that at best.

Quite how anyone, bar perhaps an Argentine can think of him as anything other than a total knob is beyond me. Thats him as a person as i have seen him.

As a player, as i've said before, he's the best i've ever seen and whilst its hard to admit being an Englishman thats just the way it is. I'm still amazed that the "Hand of God' incident is used by some to suggest he was nothing more than a cheat. He was undoubtedly flawed, as genius often is but a genius he was nonetheless.

Welcome back carmine.

Yep absolutely, not questioning his genius as a player. He had natural talent that you can only be born with. A complete one off. I admire what he did on the pitch, and even the cheating, i can go along with as all players cheat at one time or other. The way however that he has glorified it, the way he has played along with all this hand of god shit, the way he has conducted himself as a human being.. i just think the man is an arrogant <deleted> who has never gotten over himself.

Stevie strikes me as a man who doesn't suffer fools easily, and he is certainly outspoken enough about the idiots we have in the Premiership, especially the English ones. I get that these idiots don't have a tenth of the skill that Maradona did (hope the spelling satisfies you Stevie), but for me, idiots are idiots, and just because they may kick a ball rather well, doesn't give them a special pass to act like morons.

So to repeat, in what way are we still classing Maradona as a genius? It's obviously not for his footballing skills as they are pretty much all gone. It's obviously not for his footballing nous as the way he has managed has been very hit and miss - his man management has been crap, team selection bizarre, tactics random, press dealings idiotic. Is he a whizz in the kitchen perhaps, or does he have some other secret talent i haven't heard about?

Anyway, enough of that.

Best of luck today City. Of course i don't mean that. I do hope though that neither games are decided on any moments of controversy. Let the best team win.

Good luck to Citeh today......thumbsup.gif

It's yours to lose.

Its by no means a given. QPR will be very tough to break down and Utd will probably win easily because all the pressures on City. A very interesting nights football ahead but unless they are three nil up at halftime i doubt very much MrB and JD will be enjoying it very much!

Good luck to Citeh today......thumbsup.gif

It's yours to lose.

Its by no means a given. QPR will be very tough to break down and Utd will probably win easily because all the pressures on City. A very interesting nights football ahead but unless they are three nil up at halftime i doubt very much MrB and JD will be enjoying it very much!

Don't fuc_k it up city, would be nice not to hear any <deleted> coming from the YOO thread for about 3 weeks except excuses of course 42.gif

Yeah Congrats City glad you stuffed United

But it confirms one thing and that is the PREMIER is no longer about just football, the Premiership is decided by the team that has the most money behind them and that SUCKS

DK

Congratulations.

I wanted Man U to win it only to put more distance over Liverpool, but they really didn't deserve to win it by default, and City did deserve it, as they fought hard to get that result.

Incredible how all the European leagues were well won, but ours went down to injury time in the last game of the season.

One of the best nights of footy I can remember in Thailand (as a neutral).

But it confirms one thing and that is the PREMIER is no longer about just football, the Premiership is decided by the team that has the most money behind them and that SUCKS

DK

It has been like that for 20years since the formation of the greed is good league. After that it was never a level playing pitch. I thought City were dreadful today but they caught a couple of breaks in injury time to win it.

Remember all these well wishers from other teams, they don't give a shit about City winning, they are only happy because United didn't. Any other team that showed the grit and determination that United did, fighting against the colossal financial might of a team like City that has spent crazy, would have garnered a lot more support from these people, but because it is United, it's a different story. I get that. Success breeds contempt and bitterness from those on the outside. So with that said, i hope these people go on cheering your victories against us...

Before i start sounding bitter myself, congrats to City. The best team by the tiniest of margins. Enjoy the moment... see you next year.

and it wouldnt surprise me if City, being typically City, make us sweat more than we need to!!

Ain't that the truth. But it's part and parcel of being a city fan eh jack.

We both knew something like that would happen!!!

It really is typically City.

But they managed to surpass themselves tonight, bettering the drama vs Gillingham.

Emotional night tonight!! Very Happybiggrin.png

Remember all these well wishers from other teams, they don't give a shit about City winning, they are only happy because United didn't. Any other team that showed the grit and determination that United did, fighting against the colossal financial might of a team like City that has spent crazy, would have garnered a lot more support from these people, but because it is United, it's a different story. I get that. Success breeds contempt and bitterness from those on the outside. So with that said, i hope these people go on cheering your victories against us...

Before i start sounding bitter myself, congrats to City. The best team by the tiniest of margins. Enjoy the moment... see you next year.

Yep. The main reason I liked seeing City win is because it stopped Man U winning. It was even better that it happened so late.

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

Congratulations on buying the title.

I look forward to seeing drug cheats win in the Olympics this year, its pretty much the same thing

My sport is no longer a sport thanks to Man City and Chelsea, lets hope Platini deals with you mid sized teams!

<deleted> real football fans want a team who uses money it earns to win, the sky breed and woolyback scousers don't count!

PS Fair play to Barton for flooring that Tevez if anyone deserves an elbow to the face its that little <deleted> (Im sure Man City fans will agree)

So you are suggesting that elbowing one player, scraping his boots down another, pretending to throw the head at Kompany ( maybe wrong player ) is acceptable sporting behaviour, when more importantly your team, your fans and your employers are fighting for survival?

Fair play to you, sport and intelligience is alive and well in football.

• Like 2

WHAT A GAME !!!!

Never before have I witnessed such an enthralling game that had EVERYTHING with SO MUCH AT STAKE.

I salute City, never stopped trying , QPR were resolute throughout, they had a game plan and stuck to it, I thought they would get hammered.

So the title goes to City, deservedly so .....CONGRATULATIONS.

DK

it's been that way for 20 years. it's nothing new.

well done city, best team over the season won the title.

wonder how those city fans who left the etihad at 2-1 down feel today? still at least they beat the traffic eh?