Manchester City

mrbojangles

• 5 weeks later...

Wayne Bridge has signed for Brighton on a season long loan. We really need to be getting shut of these surplus players once and for all. But whilst we are paying big wages I suppose we will have to wait until their contracts expire and also lose out on transfer fees.

Its funny that....this is the only thread its ever mentioned on....why is that do ya reckon?

Don't know. But I've heard the Arab version of Andrex are sponsoring our loo's for 400mil biggrin.png

I think yer just trying to keep the transfer fees down....tight gits...some things will never change! tongue.png

Never mind us, get your wallets out for Ade will ya. Skint southerners !

I thought we were that team. We grow em you buy em.

Mancini chose his words carefully a week ago. 'No I'm not buying vp - he's an arsenal player and I've got to respect that' or some such. One week later vp declares he doesn't want to be an arsenal player. Funny that! Carefully coreographed no doubt.

I will be amazed if they are not already negotiating.You'll probably pay more than anybody else so I'm quite happy if that is the case.

Value for money mate...we know how much a pie is worth....and it aint 200k a week!

What's the value of being in the champs league versus the europa?

I'm having a good day. Go and build a sandcastle or whatever it is you do on weekends. :P

Value for money mate...we know how much a pie is worth....and it aint 200k a week!

What's the value of being in the champs league versus the europa?

I'm having a good day. Go and build a sandcastle or whatever it is you do on weekends. tongue.png

I'm still in Thailand. Flying back tonight.

Its funny that....this is the only thread its ever mentioned on....why is that do ya reckon?

Don't know. But I've heard the Arab version of Andrex are sponsoring our loo's for 400mil biggrin.png

I think yer just trying to keep the transfer fees down....tight gits...some things will never change! tongue.png

I think Adebayor is nearly a done deal but all our contractual negotiations seem to take forever!

I think Adebayor is nearly a done deal but all our contractual negotiations seem to take forever!

There is also talk of Malaga with their Qatari owners jumping in and nabbing him because they want to compete in the Champs League

Mancini for Russia?

Surprised not to see any comment on this here.....

http://www.dailymail...ussia-boss.html

if he went next season would be even more interesting, especially what Balotelli would do.

Because its total nonsense.

Mancini is staying put.... contract will be signed in next few days.

Daily Mail is putting out a right load of <deleted> recently

RVP to United, City buying Nani, Mancini to Russia,Tevez/Balotelli and Dzeko all leaving!!!whistling.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like Adebayor is being a bit of a greedy git. Hope this gets sorted.

Money worries leaves Adebayor's switch to Tottenham from City in doubt

Emmanuel Adebayor's £6million move to Tottenham from Manchester City has stalled because of the striker's wage demands.

Spurs had hoped to have the former Arsenal man ready and training with them this week and were happy to make him the best paid player in the club’s history - earning in the region of £115,000-per-week, inclusive of bonuses and add-ons.

Read more: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz212l0eKxc

Emmanuel Adebayor's £6million move to Tottenham from Manchester City has stalled because of the striker's wage demands.

Spurs had hoped to have the former Arsenal man ready and training with them this week and were happy to make him the best paid player in the club’s history - earning in the region of £115,000-per-week, inclusive of bonuses and add-ons.

Looks like Adebayor is being a bit of a greedy git.

While I can understand where you're coming from I do think Man City have created this situation themselves and must shoulder the blame.

If another company offered you silly money (3-4 times your current salary), on a longish contract, to go and work for them you'd (probably) take it. If then part way through that contract the company said they didn't want you any more and wanted to tear up the contract and tell you to go to another company on a lot less money I don't think you'd be very happy. I'm sure you'd be wanting compensation for the remainder of your contract and you wouldn't be calling yourself a 'greedy git' in doing so.

As well as Adebayor, I'm also sure that if Tevez wasn't on stupid money he'd have been long gone by now.

Man City were quick enough to hand out these very expensive contracts to players they thought would help them compete with the elite. The club are well within their rights to decide certain players are no longer part of their plans but those players are still under the contact that was freely offered to them so shouldn't lose out financially.

If Man City's sugar daddy was happy to offer silly contracts to get the club where they are today the club are now under an obligation to pay out stupid money in compensation to terminate those contracts and change direction. After all, it's just loose change to him anyway.

But if there's some restriction in paying the money up front I'm sure he could get his half brother to pay them, maybe in return for wearing an 'ETHIAD' badge in their lapel smile.png .

• Like 1

While I can understand where you're coming from I do think Man City have created this situation themselves and must shoulder the blame.

I 100% agree that we have created this situation but that is not my point here. Ade clearly wants out and has moaned several times about not getting a chance at City etc, etc. It looked like the deal had been done and we had reduced him from the 25mil we paid, down to 6mil. We have done our bit, now he should do his. After all, 115k per week ain't bad is it? He either wants to play football or he doesn't.

I 100% agree that we have created this situation but that is not my point here. Ade clearly wants out and has moaned several times about not getting a chance at City etc, etc. It looked like the deal had been done and we had reduced him from the 25mil we paid, down to 6mil. We have done our bit, now he should do his. After all, 115k per week ain't bad is it? He either wants to play football or he doesn't.

Not too sure it's down to Ade, more a case of City having the cheek to ask 6m for him 13.gif21.gif

Apparently the fee of 6m isn't the stumbling block, it's his salary.

Which is my point mrboj. Man City gave him a massive salary to sign for them. He still has that contract so if Man City don't want him any more they should buy it off him. While I agree totally £115k per week is a great deal of money it's obviously a lot less than he's getting now. Why should he loose out?

Man City have already played the hard man with Tevez last season (in my opinion the right thing to do at the time) but then towards the end of the season they buckled and caved in to him (in my opinion the wrong thing to do). But Adebayor is a different situation, he's done nothing wrong (except maybe not being a good enough player). All he's doing is honouring his contract.

Of course they could threaten to 'let him rot in the reserves' if he won't leave but I think that could do more harm to Man City than Adebayor in the long term. For a senior player that has proved his ability over the years Adebayor will firstly be extremely well paid for the remainder of his contract and secondly he will always find a 'good pay day' when that contract comes to an end.

But for Man City what sort of message does that send out to other world class players they might want to sign in the future? How many of those players will have second thoughts about signing for a club that tries to bully it's players out of the club when their face no longer fits? Long term that could be a much bigger issue.

That's why I said that in my opinion Man City created the problem themselves so should now admit their mistake and just pay the player in full for any financial losses he might incur by leaving the club and therefore terminating his contract early.

• Like 1