Manchester City

mrbojangles

From skysports:-

Pearce confident of investment

Stuart Pearce has confirmed that it is looking increasingly likely that a major investment will be made into Manchester City.

The club's owner John Wardle has been engaged in negotiations with an as yet un-named potential buyer for his stake, which would likely release funds for Pearce to revamp his squad for next season.

Pearce has overseen a mini-renaissance in recent weeks, which has pulled City from the jaws of the drop, but this will not quell his desire to bring fresh faces to Eastlands.

While no announcements are believed to be imminent, Pearce, who has been kept in the loop with regards the negotiations, is confident that there will be some positive news before too long.

"Negotiations are always difficult but it is looking more likely," he said.

"The money men at the club are dealing with it and if something happens, they will be the first to tell me.

"This football club needs some investment, wherever it comes from, to put some more talent alongside the undoubted talent we have in the squad already."

City set for Distin meeting

Manchester City have scheduled another meeting to discuss Sylvain Distin's future, with manager Stuart Pearce underlining that tying the defender to a new deal remains a priority.

The French star has so far refused to put his name to a contract extension at Eastlands and, with his current deal expiring at the end of the season, the issue of his future has become a long-running saga for City.

Distin has called on the club to demonstrate that their ambitions match his own, and Pearce will attempt to do just that when he sits down with the former Paris Saint Germain stopper in the coming days.

"It certainly won't peter out as far as we're concerned. The club, Sylvain and his agent have a meeting in place next week," Pearce told the club's official website.

"We're very pro-active at the moment in respect to all the players we want to re-sign and obviously the ones outside this football club that we'd like to bring in.

"We're hopeful, as I have been all the time.

"I think if you ask me if the boy's heart is in this football club I would say definitely yes. It's a great starting point for any manager and player.

"Priorities are Sylvain Distin, there's no doubt about that, and any other players that are out of contract that we deem need to stay at this club."

City are hopeful of attracting fresh investment in the club and Pearce is also looking to make Emile Mpenza and Michael Ball part of what he hopes will be a bright future at Eastlands.

Both players signed short-term contracts when joining the club in the early part of 2007, but have taken their chance to impress and the manager is now keen to reward the pair with longer deals.

"We're talking to him [Mpenza] and his representatives and talks will continue again tomorrow [Friday] with the chief executive, so that will go ahead," Pearce added.

"I'm speaking to Michael Ball's representative this afternoon [Thursday] and we are hoping that both players will be Manchester City players for the long-term.

"We've got a great product to sell here. I think Manchester City as a football club is that and both players are very happy playing their football here and that will swing it in our favour."

From MCFC website:-

Blues looking to get back to winning ways tomorrow

City go into their third game of the week on Saturday facing a Watford team on the brink of relegation. Stuart Pearce though isn’t expecting an easy ride at Vicarage Road tomorrow afternoon. “They are scrapping away for their lives at the moment, getting to the FA Cup semi is an achievement in itself,” confirmed Pearce.

“The one thing you can say about them is that their spirit won’t die. They’ll go for 90 minutes because they have a strong game plan.

“They make it difficult for all their opponents, and at the end of the match you know, as we did in December, that you’ve been in a game.”

Much has been made of the Hornets physical approach this season, but despite that, manager Aidy Boothroyd has been praised for his never-say-die attitude to their Barclays Premiership campaign.

Of him the Blues boss added: “He looks very comfortable in the job, you look at him and see a long-term manager there.

“He’s innovative, has fresh ideas and is a strong character who wants to do things his own way.

“You never get the feeling that Watford are getting jumpy about moving their manager on, and I think he’ll be there next year and for a long time to come.”

And if City do defeat Watford it will condemn them to Championship football next season, but while understanding, Pearce can’t feel sorry for Saturday’s hosts.

“I’ve been relegated in my time and it’s not a nice process to go through, I understand that, but I can’t feel sorry for somebody else.

“There’s not a manager in my position that would,” he says.

“They may pay lip service to feeling sorry for somebody else, they know it’s all about winning for their own football club.

“I don’t mean that in a selfish manner or a nasty manner, but in a manner that suggests, that’s the beauty of sport.

“The fact that someone else has got relegated means that my team hasn’t.

“It means that I’ve finished further up the league and that’s the nature of the game we’re in – the winning business.”

Goodluck today, mrB

They'll be though to beat today I think, well, if there not there going down!

Cheers mark :D

I must admit though, i don't like these type of games (except if it was against Utd of course) :o . If we win they go down, can't help feeling sorry for them but it's a ruthless sport.

From skysports

City draw sends Hornets down Sorry Watford

Watford's one-year stay in the Premiership came to an end on Saturday as a 1-1 draw with Manchester City condemned them to a swift return to the Championship.

Tamas Priskin gave The Hornets hope when replying to Darius Vassell's fortuitous opener, but a win was the required result to delay the inevitable demotion and Adrian Boothroyd's side could not find a winner against an under-par City side.

The most exciting event of a poor first half was the appearance of Oasis frontman Noel Gallagher to watch his beloved City, and after the break Watford saw their faint hopes of Premiership survival finally slide away when Vassell capitalised on a shocking error from Ben Foster to edge City in front.

However, Boothroyd will not look back in anger after a season in which his side battled bravely despite limited resources and a lack of real quality.

Indeed, they showed admirable fight again at Vicarage Road, and Priskin's goal after 75 minutes gave them a glimmer of hope that was quickly extinguished when the final whistle blew.

Gavin Mahon and Marlon King both headed wide in the opening ten minutes for The Hornets, but it was a deceptively interesting beginning with the game rapidly regressing into a morass of mediocrity.

Watford were almost gifted an opener on 22 minutes when City keeper Andreas Isaksson spilled a cross from Marlon King - making his first start since October - but Nedum Onuoha was on hand to clear with Mahon lurking.

The paucity of quality on display was neatly summed up when the normally incisive Joey Barton sliced a shot for a throw-in, before both sides were forced to make changes due to injuries - with Ishmael Miller replacing DaMarcus Beasley for City and Steve Kabba coming on for Watford's Damien Francis.

City's most potent danger was Vassell, and the striker produced a neat turn and shot before Hornets forward Hameur Bouazza dragged the quality of the game back down again with a horrendous effort from a free-kick.

It was no coincidence that the two teams in action were the league's two lowest scorers, and a truly dismal first half came to a close without another sniff of goalmouth action.

Encouragingly, City showed more endeavour after the break and Sun Jihai twisted Chris Powell inside out before his cross-cum-shot soared wide after 51 minutes.

Just two minutes later City took the lead, but it was thanks to a quite disastrous error from Watford keeper Foster which delighted the travelling fans as they had revelled in targeting the England man due to his Manchester United connections throughout the game.

Foster was unsure how to deal with Lloyd Doyley's backpass and his tentative attempted pass to Powell only fell at the feet of Vassell, but the City striker showed no mercy as he dispatched a neat curling shot around the beleaguered keeper.

Boothroyd's men had a rare chance to threaten when Dietmar Hamann was booked for a foul on Al Bangura, but Bouazza's resulting free-kick was just too high for Clarke Carlisle to get a telling connection.

On 65 minutes, Kabba suffered the indignity of being removed after being an substitute himself in the first half, with Tamas Priskin brought on to bolster Watford's subdued attack.

The Hungarian striker duly made a quick impact as, just ten minutes after coming on, he latched onto a nice pass from Douglas Rinaldi and fired a crisp shot across goal and past Isaksson.

A victory could have kept Watford hanging on by a mathematical thread, and King almost delayed their pain when he directed a header just wide of the far post after substitute Danny Shittu hooked the ball back across goal with just minutes to go.

However, Watford were left deflated when referee Rob Styles called time on their top flight adventure.

Sinclair hopes for City deal

Trevor Sinclair would understand if he is shown the door by Manchester City in the summer.

The veteran midfielder's contract expires at the end of the season and he has yet to be offered an extension to his four-year stint with the club.

He has made 16 Premiership appearances for City this season and is waiting for an indication of his future from manager Stuart Pearce.

Sinclair, who has hinted at playing in Major League Soccer, is keen to stay at The City of Manchester Stadium.

But the former England international would also accept the situation, if he was told he is not part of Pearce's plans next term.

"I definitely want to stay, but if they feel I've done enough to earn a contract, I won't think they are out of order," Sinclair told the Daily Star Sunday.

"If that's what the manager feels, I would respect that and move on.

"I still enjoy playing football and I don't want to give up because I feel I have more football inside me."

Pearce unhappy with draw

Manchester City boss Stuart Peace was disappointed his side could not take all three points against Watford.

City were forced to settle for a point from their trip to Vicarage Road after Tamas Priskin cancelled out Darius Vassell's opener.

The draw saw Watford suffer relegation, but Pearce was unhappy his side could not see the game off after going in front.

"The game had an end-of-season feel to it, and both sides lacked a bit of energy," noted Pearce.

"But once we had got our noses in front, I could not see them scoring, so I am disappointed we did not hang on for a win.

"This is my second full season as a manager, and it has been a fantastic learning curve for me. We know where we need to strengthen, and I hope we will do that in the summer.

"I am probably a bit disappointed that we will not finish higher in the league, but we need to add more goals to the team."

Stuart Pearce has confirmed that it is looking increasingly likely that a major investment will be made into Manchester City.

"This football club needs some investment, wherever it comes from, to put some more talent alongside the undoubted talent we have in the squad already."

Oh dear oh dear. Poor old Pearcy cant stop putting his foot in his mouth can he. 2 gags for the price of one above.

1. Confident of investment? Its Thaksin Shinawat for gawds sake. Thats like employing Herod as a babysitter............

2. What .... money from any old crook will do will it? Nowt like selling your soul is there. Mind you, it didnt stop chelski i suppose.

Apparantly, from Yahoo sports, Thaksin has put 92 million baht (about 14 million quid) on the table to buy city. I think it's fairly over priced considering the return you arent likely to get from it.

My own feeling is that Thaksin thinks that this manchester club is in fact united. It's unlikely that he has actually heard of city to be fair. He doesnt live in Manchester for starters.

Oh dear oh dear. Poor old Pearcy cant stop putting his foot in his mouth can he. 2 gags for the price of one above.

1. Confident of investment? Its Thaksin Shinawat for gawds sake. Thats like employing Herod as a babysitter............

2. What .... money from any old crook will do will it? Nowt like selling your soul is there. Mind you, it didnt stop chelski i suppose.

Apparantly, from Yahoo sports, Thaksin has put 92 million baht (about 14 million quid) on the table to buy city. I think it's fairly over priced considering the return you arent likely to get from it.

My own feeling is that Thaksin thinks that this manchester club is in fact united. It's unlikely that he has actually heard of city to be fair. He doesnt live in Manchester for starters.

Thaxsin thinking superficially doesnt suprise me at all. Fulham and Liverpool both rejected his advances , getting rejected twice must mean something. Is he serious or is this just another back door way of reminding thailand that he is still anout and rich ???. Really hope the good half of Mancheter resist.

Ray Ranson in for Citeh now!

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/...p;TEAMHD=soccer

Manchester City have received a ฃ90million takeover bid from a British-based consortium headed by former player Ray Ranson.

Ranson, who previously failed in an attempt to buy Aston Villa, lodged his offer with the Eastlands outfit last night and is currently awaiting a response.

Although Stock Market rules prevent Ranson discussing his bid, it is thought any deal would result in a ฃ20million transfer windfall for manager Stuart Pearce.

City chairman John Wardle has been in discussions with various parties over the sale of his 29% stake in the club, owned jointly with business partner David Makin, although so far there has been no sign of a deal being concluded.

An unnamed American consortium currently seem best placed to complete a buyout of Wardle's shares, but former Thai Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra was also linked with a possible bid yesterday.

However, the Ranson offer is the first concrete proposal to be put before Wardle and it is likely a board meeting will be convened at some point within the next 24 hours to discuss a formal response.

It has previously been suggested the City hierarchy would not be interested in doing business with Ranson because they did not want the club saddled with further debt.

However, Ranson is thought to have the funds in place to pay off the ฃ25million owed to Wardle and Makin and also has plans in place to eventually wipe away ฃ40million owed to other creditors.

The bid is well-timed given it arrived 48 hours after midfielder Joey Barton launched a fierce attack on the way City were being run "from top to bottom" and called for the fires to be re-started at the club.

A proposed ฃ20million transfer nest-egg should certainly be enough to stave off the threat of relegation, which hung around so long after the New Year, and push City forward to the level Barton demands.

Ranson's name was heavily associated with the financial catastrophe at Leeds, with fans claiming it was the former England Under-21 defender's complicated buy-and-lease-back plans which led to the downfall of the Elland Road outfit.

He has vigorously defended himself against those charges though and, at a time when so many Barclays Premiership clubs have fallen into foreign hands, will no doubt be eager to stress the Britishness of his bid.

Reading between the lines of this and other news articles on the same story, if Ray Ranson's consortium takes control of the club, I can see them going for a new continental style team coach, with Ranson and friends having more control over the day to day running of the club. Stuart Pearce's days could be numbered.

I'll ignore what marq says above. It isn't worth my time with a response.

Personally, it's about time someone realised the potential that there is at City. Any investment is good in my view (even if from Thaksin). How can we be expected to compete with the top four, when we never have the money to lure that class of player.

Former Blue makes bid for City

Manchester City have received a bid of £90million from a British consortium headed by former player Ray Ranson.

Speculation has been fervent of late with regards a takeover at Eastlands, with City chairman John Wardle having spoken to several parties, as he continues his search for significant investment in the club.

In a carefully worded statement to the Stock Exchange, City have confirmed they are in talks with potential buyers which 'may or may not lead to a bid' for the club.

Former Thai Prime Minster Thaksin Shinawatra, who attempted but failed to buy a stake in Liverpool in 2004, has strongly been linked with making an offer but it would appear Ranson has laid down the early marker in lodging an opening bid.

Ranson tried to buy Aston Villa prior to Randy Lerner securing control at Villa Park and has while he has always been linked with making a move for City, it is only now that he has made his interest official.

The offer is believed to cover the club's shares, the repayment of loans in the region of £24million to major shareholders Wardle and David Makin and debt to other parties.

It has also been speculated that Ranson would be ready to hand manager Stuart Pearce a £20million transfer kitty were he to assume control.

An American consortium is also weighing up whether to launch a takeover of their own, according to reports.

It is expected that Ranson will make a statement to the Stock Exchange on Tuesday to clarify his position.

Personally, it's about time someone realised the potential that there is at City. Any investment is good in my view (even if from Thaksin). How can we be expected to compete with the top four, when we never have the money to lure that class of player.

It's not that easy MrB. A huge injection of cash CAN work for fashionable clubs like Chelski. And that was a HUGE injection of cash. City arent likely to get that kinda money. And, i really am trying to be objective here, City just dont seem to have that fashionable panache. Remember Jack Walker and Blackburn Rovers? At least he was a local lad. Ok, so a huge injection of cash and they won the league. But they just didnt have that extra bit of "something" to keep the snowball rolling.

Sorry Mr B, but city are more like Blackburn than Chelsea in my view.

Decades of mediocre results have led to stagnation and little presense on the european or world stages.

Taking someone like Thaksins money could be disasterous for City. The Ranson offer would be the better one. I have a feeling that Thaksins money will come under investigation and there could be all sorts of problems.

Also, dont get so excited. The report says the buyout could net the manager a 20 million windfall.

Big deal ! Thats hardly going to buy you a team to set the league on fire is it.

Edited by markg

It's not that easy MrB. A huge injection of cash CAN work for fashionable clubs like Chelski.

Err, i don't recall Chelski being any more fashionable than anybody else let alone City - not a Chelski supporter are you? I know a bit about chelski as i have a buddy here and have spent hours over the past decade discussiong with him our two clubs - they weren't much better than us until the past decade, more of a cup team, even in the 2nd tier not that long ago!

City just dont seem to have that fashionable panache. Remember Jack Walker and Blackburn Rovers? At least he was a local lad. Ok, so a huge injection of cash and they won the league. But they just didnt have that extra bit of "something" to keep the snowball rolling.

Decades of mediocre results have led to stagnation and little presense on the european or world stages.

Come on credentials on the table, who do you support, where you from? From the Sarf i suspect if you seriously think City and Blackburn are comparable. I do agree with your last sentence though; three decades to be precise.

1. Taking someone like Thaksins money could be disasterous for City.

2. The Ranson offer would be the better one.

3. I have a feeling that Thaksins money will come under investigation and there could be all sorts of problems.

Please give us your reasons to 1- 3, i'm interested.

Personally if the American's (if they exist), Thaksin's (if it's true) and Ranson's bids (the only official one) were all exactly equal i would go for local lad, ex-City player of 200 games in two periods, who obviously knows something about the game, and the game's finances. "Forward with Ranny" i think the chant is.

Also, dont get so excited. The report says the buyout could net the manager a 20 million windfall.

Big deal ! Thats hardly going to buy you a team to set the league on fire is it.

Think the point is that based on Revenue we are in the World's top 20 clubs (17th i think) for the past seasons, but until we can reduce / eliminate the debt we are always going to struggle to move forward on the pitch - we all know that you need to invest in top players to become a top club (thank god for Jim Cassells Academy supply line). If 20M is used wisely - and lets gets this on the table, we are not that many players short of a decent team - we could become something, but these past years we've been lucky if we are treading water.

One final point - what do you really know about City (if you are a City supporter, which i doubt, my apologises)?

It's not that easy MrB. A huge injection of cash CAN work for fashionable clubs like Chelski.

Err, i don't recall Chelski being any more fashionable than anybody else let alone City - not a Chelski supporter are you? I know a bit about chelski as i have a buddy here and have spent hours over the past decade discussiong with him our two clubs - they weren't much better than us until the past decade, more of a cup team, even in the 2nd tier not that long ago!

City just dont seem to have that fashionable panache. Remember Jack Walker and Blackburn Rovers? At least he was a local lad. Ok, so a huge injection of cash and they won the league. But they just didnt have that extra bit of "something" to keep the snowball rolling.

Come on credentials on the table, who do you support, where you from? From the Sarf i suspect if you seriously think City and Blackburn are comparable. I do agree with your last sentence though; three decades to be precise.

yes how dare you compare city too blackburn BLACKBURN HAVE WON A TROPHY IN THE LAST 30YEARS!!!! how dare you.

[

Chelsea is a more fashionable address. It's more fashionable to be associated with Chelsea. I dunno - they just seem to have more pizazz than city. Its that almost unquantifiable thing that they seem to have that city havent got. I feel sorry for any club that cant compete on a level playing field because guys like Roman come along. I'm lucky, i have supported my local club since i was a lad, and even though we got relegated to the second division, i still supported them. I am a Manchester United fan.

1. Taking someone like Thaksins money could be disasterous for City.

2. The Ranson offer would be the better one.

3. I have a feeling that Thaksins money will come under investigation and there could be all sorts of problems.

Please give us your reasons to 1- 3, i'm interested.

Personally if the American's (if they exist), Thaksin's (if it's true) and Ranson's bids (the only official one) were all exactly equal i would go for local lad, ex-City player of 200 games in two periods, who obviously knows something about the game, and the game's finances. "Forward with Ranny" i think the chant is.

Think the point is that based on Revenue we are in the World's top 20 clubs (17th i think) for the past seasons, but until we can reduce / eliminate the debt we are always going to struggle to move forward on the pitch - we all know that you need to invest in top players to become a top club (thank god for Jim Cassells Academy supply line). If 20M is used wisely - and lets gets this on the table, we are not that many players short of a decent team - we could become something, but these past years we've been lucky if we are treading water.

One final point - what do you really know about City (if you are a City supporter, which i doubt, my apologises)?

You're right. I'm not a city supporter. I was born in Manchester and grew up in Sale (about 8 miles from Bredbury). Lived in Sale for 19 years then moved to Prestwich. I used to cycle to Old Trafford to watch the games as a kid.(in the 70's) Most of my friends, as is often the case in south manchester, were city fans. In the 70's there was not much difference between United and city.

My reasons about Thaksins money being not good for city.

1. Is the guy interested in mcfc or is he more interested in making money for himself? First fulham, then the scousers and now city. Clearly not got the best of intentions for your club in his heart has he. He just wants a club, ANY club, so he can wash his dirty stolen money and make a bit more for himself. The man is a crook and a scoundrel. I dont like business men getting involved in footie clubs for business reasons. I fought against the Glasers coming to United for that reason and if i were you i would fight against Thaksin coming to city.

2. Ranson is a footballing man first and foremost and not just a business man trying to make money. I know the Franny Lee thing is similar though, but.................i still think Ranson is the better guy.

3. Where did Thaksin get his money from? What if the Thai government put pressure on the UK? Or even worse, find him guilty as a thief in his absense and freeze his assets? Or something similar along those lines. It could make some sort of problem for city.

Ay, did you hear that alan ball died? What do you make of his performance with city? I swear down, some of my mates who are city fans, (Crumpsall lads) would have actually killed Ball if they had known where he lived.

Good luck to city if they think taking Thaksins money will help them to the promised land. I personally dont think it will.

I do agree with your last sentence though; three decades to be precise.

Oh dont be so harsh on yourselves. Didnt you win the first division Championship. Championees Championees oh ay oh ay oh ay.

ha ha ha ha!

Edited by markg

Markq, now you've let us know who you support, well, i'm not surprised by your comments. Are you scared that if we get some money we might be a threat to you.

You reds (apart from a few on here) really get up my nose. In the past you've had more money than any other club in the world, for years you where No1 richest. But now you see other club's possibly getting some cash, you all cry "foul, you can't do that and buy the title".

No other supporter's b1tched and moaned about how much you had, always buying the most expensive player's, paying highest salaries etc. But now you see money going into other club's and causing a threat, you whinge and moan about it. It's because of guys like you why i want Milan to beat you next week but hopefully Chelsea or Liverpool win the final. :o

Nev, yes Blackburn have won a trophy in the last 30 years. How did they do that? With Walkers millions. So maybe with a cash injection into us, we might win something also.

Investment would be good for the club Mr. B... and good luck too. Without it the big four could never maintain their status.. the more teams that get that opportunity the better for the Premiership.. Red may not agree but in my opinion had we still been a PLC.. then the chances of Ronaldo being sold this summer would have been odds on..

Investment would be good for the club Mr. B... and good luck too. Without it the big four could never maintain their status.. the more teams that get that opportunity the better for the Premiership.. Red may not agree but in my opinion had we still been a PLC.. then the chances of Ronaldo being sold this summer would have been odds on..

Cheers Mucky :o I concur 100%

Also, the better the opposition in the Prem, the better the teams are gonna perform in Europe. Look at Celtic and Rangers in Scotland. They play inferior teams week in, week out, win all the time and then go into Europe and get nowhere.

You reds (apart from a few on here) really get up my nose. In the past you've had more money than any other club in the world, for years you where No1 richest. But now you see other club's possibly getting some cash, you all cry "foul, you can't do that and buy the title".

Sorry, could you remind me which individual arrived at Old Trafford and injected a huge amount of cash? Remind me again where United were in the 70's (Second division) and 80's (doing not a lot really).

United are one of the few clubs who have NOT had someone come along and inject a huge amount of cash.

No other supporter's b1tched and moaned about how much you had, always buying the most expensive player's, paying highest salaries etc.

Are you out of your mind? United have never paid the highest salaries or gotten into disgusting auctions for the best players. That's Chelskis area. Remember the players that won the treble in '99. Most were either cheap signings or had come up through the ranks. You can hardly knock a team for that.

Furthermore, as i said before, i was AGAINST anyone coming in and trying to buy united as a business. Thats why i joined IMUSA. So i'm not against other clubs getting a cash injection, I'm against ALL clubs getting a cash injection. I just dont think its fair.

Your petty jelousy is just that. It's also interesting to note that i get slammed for supporting my LOCAL football team. I was BORN in Manchester and brought up in Sale, which as you know is part of TRAFFORD. You on the other hand live in the borough of Stockport, and en-route to Maine Road would have virtually had to pass both your LOCAL ground (Stockport County in case you didnt know) and Old Trafford - which is the borough next to Stockport.

I wonder why you chose to support a team within the city of Manchester instead of your local team or the next nearest team to your house?

But now you see money going into other club's and causing a threat, you whinge and moan about it. It's because of guys like you why i want Milan to beat you next week but hopefully Chelsea or Liverpool win the final. :o

Nev, yes Blackburn have won a trophy in the last 30 years. How did they do that? With Walkers millions. So maybe with a cash injection into us, we might win something also.

As i said before, i was AGAINST anyone coming in and trying to buy united as a business. Thats why i joined IMUSA. So i'm not against other clubs getting a cash injection, I'm against ALL clubs getting a cash injection. I just dont think its fair. Its not fair to the clubs that try to run a decent youth academy, its not fair to the clubs that are trying to make ends meet and to become succesful by PLAYING FOOTBALL. That was how clubs used to become successful and it's how United became successful.

You on the other hand live in the borough of Stockport, and en-route to Maine Road would have virtually had to pass both your LOCAL ground (Stockport County in case you didnt know) and Old Trafford - which is the borough next to Stockport.

Youv'e got the wrong guy mate. I have never lived in the borough of stockport.

We have a difference of opinion then. I thought you had been No1 richest club in the world for years. Meaning you could pay more for signings and salaries. Jeez you spent more on Rio Ferdinand fee and salary (to name one) than we had spent on a team. I know other clubs have spent alot too but we have never had that kind of dosh, so as far as i'm concerned, i welcome it.

• Like 1

Chelsea is a more fashionable address. [i][/i]Think you should have left it there.

My reasons about Thaksins money being not good for city.

1. Is the guy interested in mcfc or is he more interested in making money for himself? First fulham, then the scousers and now city. Clearly not got the best of intentions for your club in his heart has he. He just wants a club, ANY club

Name me anybody who has bought a club in recent times who isn't in it for the money and or the glamour.

2. Ranson is a footballing man first and foremost and not just a business man trying to make money.

[i][/i]Think you need to read up a bit more on Ray Ranson. He was afootballer. He is a businessman. And just like Thaksin we are his 3rd attempt at buying a club. Increased tv money out to do with it!

3. Where did Thaksin get his money from? What if the Thai government put pressure on the UK? Or even worse, find him guilty as a thief in his absense and freeze his assets? Or something similar along those lines. It could make some sort of problem for city.

Think you'll find that Roman has the same accusations against him which rarely surface now he's served his apprenticeship. But no, i wouldn't want thaksin either.

Ay, did you hear that alan ball died? What do you make of his performance with city? I swear down, some of my mates who are city fans, (Crumpsall lads) would have actually killed Ball if they had known where he lived.

Sad to hear he died. Brilliant player in his Arsenal days, untouchable on his day with his one touch football. For City, bobbins!

Edited by Bredbury Blue

You reds (apart from a few on here) really get up my nose.

Well said Blue!

Sorry, could you remind me which individual arrived at Old Trafford and injected a huge amount of cash? Remind me again where United were in the 70's (Second division) and 80's (doing not a lot really). United are one of the few clubs who have NOT had someone come along and inject a huge amount of cash.

Think its fair to say that you've been the media darlings since the advent of tv football in the 50's. That, plus the sympathy worldwide from munich brought in increased support and interest hence money. You had a talented manager who brought glory (and therefore more money) but struggled for success when he retired for 20 years was it (does that sound a bit like a club that play in Blue - so why can't we have another golden period). A coincidence that your lot came succesful again only when the TV money increased with the Premierships arrival - which your lot and the other top teams forced on everybody else for your greed. So maybe you are right that not an individual, but circumstances, yes!

Are you out of your mind? United have never paid the highest salaries or gotten into disgusting auctions for the best players.

Can i just say that you seem to have a short memory or you can't see past the recent chelski days if you believe that.

Your petty jelousy is just that.

I smiled when i read that, you are just soooo far off the mark. I really don't think any football fan is jealous of another.

You on the other hand live in the borough of Stockport, and en-route to Maine Road would have virtually had to pass both your LOCAL ground (Stockport County in case you didnt know) and Old Trafford

Er, not quite unless i went on a wild detour. And yes Stockport county are my LOCAL team that i used to go watch friday nights before going to the pub - i also used to go and watch City Res, Bolton, Rochdale, etc when we were away from home and i didn't want to go.

I wonder why you chose to support a team within the city of Manchester instead of your local team or the next nearest team to your house?

My granddad supported City back in the Hyde Rd days, hence my dad (75 yrs young) supports them, hence my brothers and i, hence our kids, hence...My mum's family are Reds but they are catholics from a catholic part of the city, bless em.

Since the introduction of club only forums on here, it's been pretty pleasant banter with fellow club supporters. I just don't get why someone who doesn't support a team would want to go on that website with the intention of TRYING to wind them up. As i've said before, must be very lonely on the ManUre forum! And he says we are jealous of them, doh!

Since the introduction of club only forums on here, it's been pretty pleasant banter with fellow club supporters. I just don't get why someone who doesn't support a team would want to go on that website with the intention of TRYING to wind them up. As i've said before, must be very lonely on the ManUre forum! And he says we are jealous of them, doh!

Well said Bred. In approx 800 posts in here and in United's thread, there hasn't really been any unpleasantness, just good banter with Red, Nev, Mucky and the rest of the crew.

Markg, let's keep it that way eh :o

• Like 1

Today from skysports:-

Ranson revises City offer

Ray Ranson has confirmed he has submitted a revised bid to buy Manchester City, as he attempts to ease the club's concerns over the offer.

The Eastlands outfit stated earlier this week that Ranson made two bids over a month ago, although they had concerns regarding the viability of the proposals.

City stated Ranson's original offer 'contained a number of material conditions that the board do not believe can be fulfilled'.

Ranson has now revised his offer and hopes to enter formal negotiations with the club's board with a view to moving his bid forward.

"Further to the announcement made by Ray Ranson on 24 April 2007 and to the announcement made by Manchester City plc on 25 April 2007, Ray Ranson can confirm that he has submitted a revised proposal to the board of the club with a view to making a possible offer for the club," read a statement.

"Ray believes that this revised proposal (which Ray has been ready to submit for a number of days subject to the completion of an initial review of certain due diligence information) addresses the club's stated concerns about conditionality.

"Ray would very much like to enter formal discussions with the board of the club to progress his proposal."

This is what he was saying yesterday:-

Ranson: I'll take City into Europe

Ray Ranson admits he is keen to conclude a takeover of Manchester City 'as soon as possible', adding that his ambition is to establish the club as regulars in European competition.

Ranson confirmed on Tuesday that he has made a bid for the club he once played for, but City have so far been cautious over the proposal made by their former defender.

A previous statement has confirmed that Ranson is currently pondering whether to make a fresh proposal, and the man who is competing with rival suitors from Thailand and America insists he is in a 'unique position' to transform the club into European challengers.

"What I want to do is build on the club's success since those days when it was yo-yoing between divisions," Ranson told the Manchester Evening News.

"City is now an established Premiership side but has to be seen to be going forward. It is our ambition to be in Europe on a regular basis - a club the size of City should be in Europe. :o

"City has huge potential on and off the pitch. I believe I am in a unique position to drive that forward having played the game at the top level and then never left it.

"My business is football. The timing of any takeover has to be right. We are keen to conclude a deal as soon as possible."

Reports have suggested that as a result of any possible £90million takeover, Ranson could release up to £20million for investment in the playing squad.

The City suitor has sought to underline that he will release substantial transfer funds, but that investment in the club's academy would also be a key policy if he took control at Eastlands.

"There will be team-building funds available," Ranson added. "There will be investment throughout the club both in the wonderful academy and the first team.

"I am a product of the City youth system myself having first signed as a 14-year-old. Bringing through youth team players and connecting with young fans is a subject close to my heart."

• Like 1

Pearce: Bad timing for Barton

Stuart Pearce admits Joey Barton's recent comments were ill-timed, but plans to take no action against the Manchester City midfielder.

Speaking after last weekend's 1-1 draw at Watford, Barton criticised the club's transfer policy and also claimed fans had not been given value for money this season.

Pearce understands the England cap's frustration and feels his outburst was a sign of the player's desire to achieve success with City.

But, while confirming there will be no punishment meted out, the City boss acknowledged Barton's comments came at the wrong time.

"I had a chat with Joe on Tuesday," said Pearce on Sky Sports News. "Basically, it's his drive to push this club forward.

"I think, in some ways, getting to know Joe a bit better as I have done, he's got a real passion for this football club and he wants to win something here.

"Part of it was the frustration about the way he played at Watford and the timing of it, but the fact is he's desperate to succeed at this football club.

"Some of them were slightly ill-timed, if you like, and I think the timing of it, coming straight after a match with the adrenalin still pumping through at the time, was not helpful to us.

"We had a chat about that and I think he understands that, like I understand one or two of his points.

"He's got his own mind and I don't take action against people who have got their own mind and have got their own views. I certainly wouldn't do that."

• Like 1