Stop & Go tire repair kit

Polanskiman

Hello,

As the title states, I am trying to find the Stop & Go tire repair kit. I have found 2 suppliers: Touratech Thailand which can only deliver in 3 weeks time and some guy who claims to be the sole distributor in Thailand but who cares little in answering my emails and messages.

I need the kit urgently as I am going out for a trip this Thursday. Would anyone here happen to have a kit in stock?

I am located in Bangkok.

Thanks.

9ZqVBpD.jpg

If no joy, check out a Honda or Yamaha as they usually have these plug kits -- albeit to repair tubeless tyres onsite -- and may sell.

Thanks. Bigwing is Honda. Checking them out right now.

Yes honda Bigwing. Pradit Manutham road.

If no joy, check out a Honda or Yamaha as they usually have these plug kits -- albeit to repair tubeless tyres onsite -- and may sell.

Thanks. Bigwing is Honda. Checking them out right now.

Yes honda Bigwing. Pradit Manutham road.

I called. They don't have it, so they say.

strange. just seen it a couple of weeks ago.

also seen it at many shops but dont remember which one.

what about these from panda rider? scroll down a bit.

http://www.pandarider.com/Panda/Product_Slime.htm

Might be that I talked to a person who was unwilling to check things out.

Those repair kits from panda rider is what I am actually trying to avoid. Those can be found virtually anywhere but I don't trust them. The Stop and Go mushroom plug actually do the job from the inside of the tire which provides a better "repair".

Edited by Polanskiman

Can you recall what other shops you saw the kit in?

Bigwing seems totally oblivious of the existence of such kit.

I am really not sure for touratech one.

But normal ones does the job good enough as well. Normally a plus for me is just for reaching a tire shop ti get it vulcanized/patched from inside.

Dont trust plugs for long term.

Can you recall what other shops you saw the kit in?

Bigwing seems totally oblivious of the existence of such kit.

I am really not sure for touratech one.

But normal ones does the job good enough as well. Normally a plus for me is just for reaching a tire shop ti get it vulcanized/patched from inside.

Dont trust plugs for long term.

Not sure of what, regarding Touratech? They do sell the kit I am looking for but it takes 3 weeks to deliver as they do not have the kit in stock.

I don't trust up country shops to repair my tires. They care little for safety and they do not always have the appropriate tools to do the job "properly" and "cleanly" without scratching everything. I've never used those plugs from Stop & Go but to what I have heard they seems to be the best compromise between a proper repair at a proper garage and the usual sticky bars that we all know. Although not recommended, people have plugged their tires with those Stop & Go plugs and rode for hundreds, if not thousands of kilometres without a hitch.

With the sticky bars or the liquid products (slime and such) you pour into the tires, you usually need to go asap to the repair shop as most of the time leakage will occur.

Edited by Polanskiman

Make one yourself......

1off 5mm drill araldited into a handle.

1off 8mm diameter piece of round section rubber sharpened to a pencil point

1off Tube of superglue

1off sharp knife.

200baht, unless you already have a knife.

Edited by AllanB
  • Like 1

I swear by Stop & Go. Used the mushroom plugs on a Pilot Power and other tires in the Middle East. Excellent kits, totally reliable when fitted as per the instructions, I imported mine, as I gave up trying to source in Thailand.

Sent from my SM-T211 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Make a ghetto kit: car tire plug kit and a bicycle C02 kit.

1000x1000.jpg

these plug strings should be considered a temporary get home solution

7-of-the-Best-CO2-inflators.jpg

last year i run a bike for 1,500 miles on these sticky strips no problems whatsoever
I agree, these kits at just as viable, as it's all in the preparation process. I like Stop & Go mushrooms as they give more of an internal purchase area for the sealing medium and by design use the tire pressure to assist in the bonding process.

Sent from my SM-T211 using Tapatalk

Edited by Garry

In any case it's too late for me as I am now leaving in 1 hour for my ride. I guess I'll now have to pray for the tire not to get punctured ;-)

If you ride only in Thailand and have tubeless tires, there is a tire repair shop or at least a motorcycle shop that can put a sticky plug for temporary basis at every 10 km.

Happy and safe rides!

• Like 1

I found one of those cheap stumpy bicycle pumps from BigC or similar is good enough to inflate my CRF tyres. Takes a few minutes but is lighter than electric or gas, won't let you down and you can use it again and again and....

Useful for adjusting tyre pressures for different road surfaces.

In any case it's too late for me as I am now leaving in 1 hour for my ride. I guess I'll now have to pray for the tire not to get punctured ;-)

If you ride only in Thailand and have tubeless tires, there is a tire repair shop or at least a motorcycle shop that can put a sticky plug for temporary basis at every 10 km.

Happy and safe rides!

Back from my trip. Some pics for the pleasure:

post-149340-141432212442_thumb.jpg

post-149340-14143222068657_thumb.jpg

post-149340-14143222900173_thumb.jpg

post-149340-14143223499447_thumb.jpg

post-149340-1414322472621_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Pekky Pro Street in CNX sells bottles of a Slime-like tire sealer. Green color too. Name escapes me. Memory serves 900 baht. One half bottle per front or rear tire on a HD

My buddy uses this in his road king and has found that it works good at sealing nails, etc.

He had me bring down some for his wife's Honda Civic.

Does not harden - had it in for going on 3 years now.

Pekky Pro Street in CNX sells bottles of a Slime-like tire sealer. Green color too. Name escapes me. Memory serves 900 baht. One half bottle per front or rear tire on a HD

My buddy uses this in his road king and has found that it works good at sealing nails, etc.

He had me bring down some for his wife's Honda Civic.

Does not harden - had it in for going on 3 years now.

Thanks but I'm not looking for slime-like products. In fact I already have a similar product called Terras-S Motokit.

I am seeking the Stop and Go mushroom plugs. Also those slime-like products are meant for urgent and temporary repairs. If you so happen to have a pressure sensor in your tire (more likely in a car tire) it is not recommended to keep the product over a few days as it might damage the sensor.

Anyhow I know where to find the Stop & Go now. It will just take a few weeks to arrive.

Edited by Polanskiman

The PTY kit I proposed earlier works fine, my friend made repairs to nearly all of his car tyres over the years and they were all 100%, super-glue is used for making O rings so is a perfect solution for tyres and the tapered plug is pushed in with every wheel rotation. I kept a kit with me when I got two consecutive punctures on the same road, however, I never had another puncture so never got to use it.

There are kits available on the market that work in exactly the same way, but cost 10 times as much for a fancy name and which include an instruction sheet...... Available in Thailand too, if you are in a hurry.

• Like 1

The PTY kit I proposed earlier works fine, my friend made repairs to nearly all of his car tyres over the years and they were all 100%, super-glue is used for making O rings so is a perfect solution for tyres and the tapered plug is pushed in with every wheel rotation. I kept a kit with me when I got two consecutive punctures on the same road, however, I never had another puncture so never got to use it.

There are kits available on the market that work in exactly the same way, but cost 10 times as much for a fancy name and which include an instruction sheet...... Available in Thailand too, if you are in a hurry.

Nice, McGyver style I see, looks good and I am pretty sure it works ok. However properly repairing a tire involves plugging the puncture from the inside. This is valid for both cars and motorcycles tubeless tires. With this you can be certain the puncture won't reopen.

In any case, this was not the purpose of the OP although I appreciate the sharing. Might even try your home made kit one day see how that goes. Anyway, I was specifically looking for the Stop and Go kit which mimics an internal repair even though it's not perfect.

In any case, thanks :)