Anonymous texts threaten dads who lost sons in skydiving accident in Thailand

webfact

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

And who owns the phone that sent the messages???

They can't know. In Thailand you don't need to give your name
when you buy a phone or a SIM card. Very easy.

True. But an investigator could track outgoing calls from the same sim card/number....unless it was discarded after the message was sent. Then some followup calls to the same numbers could narrow down who sent the threat. Possibly.

True...

Not only that, if someone purchased a sim card just for that purpose and discarded it, I assume the phones unique IMEI number would have been logged, find out which other sim cards used the same phone.

OK if they are not registered, so next time the phones used put a tap on it soon find out who is behind it.

Twenty minutes ago my missus sent her friend an SMS from her desktop computer, through a dynamic IP address using Wi-Fi and not the mobile networks.

She has the option of using proxy as well if she wanted to stay a bit hidden.

Times are changing, but this has been possible for years....................wink.png

No, but can they trace back to the cell tower that picked up the transmission and triangulate with adjacent towers to pinpoint a finite area where the SMS originated to see if it came from a property owned by a potential defendant, and also obtain a list of all mobile phones at that same finite area at that same time and match the list with a database of phones of officers that may be defendants in the law suit? Having an anonymous sim/phone doesn't mean they would not carry their phone of record and the cell tower logs should document that. If it were texted from a public location, examining phone of record data to place a certain officer at that location and reviewing CCTV footage and interviewing witnesses just might solve this. Then they could round up some Burmese youth and cart him off.

Seems the good General was retired at just the right time. For somebody other than him.

That said, it isn't just a case of faulty equipment, but a systematic failure of para ops. In particularly the training side of things. These two lads should have been trained backwards and forwards in malfuction drills. Yet neither seemed to possess the skills to save themselves from spudding in. I mean from the vision I seen of the incident, neither one even attempted a malfuction drill.

Therefore it is not just some engineer asleep at the wheel. But infact the training manual is obviously flawed and that happens way up the chain. Some big boppers must be sweating bricks about it.

It wouldn't surprise me if the training manual was in English and they never got around to translating it.

The military has some US equipment that's 20+ years old & they still have ancient, English, paper (it went digital around 1997) technical and maintenance manuals for the stuff that's been gathering dust since the equipment was delivered.

I've seen them.

These were Police Cadets. If the military has equipment gathering dust I shudder to think what the RTP has.

a few of us TV members have in the past ridiculed the RTP for having parachute wings on their uniforms for no good reason... now it seems they might have earned them in a way they never knew..or really understood .

• Like 1

Why are Police cadets jumping out of the planes?

So they can wear Para wings and get around like a bigger shot than BIB without wings.

Why dont they just buy the wings like 90+% of the security cuards?

I think you just don't understand that still honest, brave and proud ppl exist in this world.

Who are proud to receiving this wings legally, in top in some armies in this world, if you getting these wings and keeping them, then you getting a monthly benefit in your pocket. RIP guys from a BIA.

If anything happens to these fathers you already got thousands of pissed off ex military war veterans living in Thailand ticked off over this Koh Tao debackle you might end up having one go postal on the RTP. So I would tread lightly now.

This was the case in which someone bought/ordered/received substandard equipment and the difference in $$$ between it and the real thing was pocketed. Follow the money trail for justice for these boys and their grieving dads. F'ing disgrace that these men are harassed in this way. Root out these evil brastards, lock 'em up and throw away the key.

But it never happens, T.I.T.

Sorry, I'm a n00b... what's T.I.T.?

post-212536-0-99679100-1413854505_thumb.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

So they can wear Para wings and get around like a bigger shot than BIB without wings.

Hahaha. Right. Those guards crack me up. Probably never seen the inside of an aircraft most of them. Let alone exited one in flight. lol.

Iv'e seen lots of school teachers/directors with para wings on their "militaristic" uniforms, all for face presumably, no wonder Thai kids are so badly educated with clowns like these teaching them. Pathetic.....

I think you just don't understand that still honest, brave and proud ppl exist in this world.

Who are proud to receiving this wings legally, in top in some armies in this world, if you getting these wings and keeping them, then you getting a monthly benefit in your pocket. RIP guys from a BIA.

I do understand it,but where I come from cops don't jump from planes.

This was the case in which someone bought/ordered/received substandard equipment and the difference in $$$ between it and the real thing was pocketed. Follow the money trail for justice for these boys and their grieving dads. F'ing disgrace that these men are harassed in this way. Root out these evil brastards, lock 'em up and throw away the key.

Indeed. And those involved in all this, including the manufacturer of the shoddy cheap "alternative" product.But, as the report now says, the case has apparently "stalled". Is is a euphemism for the usual brown envelopes passing?

Nothing changes in Thailand.

Indeed. And those involved in all this, including the manufacturer of the shoddy cheap "alternative" product.But, as the report now says, the case has apparently "stalled". Is is a euphemism for the usual brown envelopes passing?

Nothing changes in Thailand.

and files being lost / misplaced/ or under due consideration, which translates to " forget it, no problems expected or found"

True. But an investigator could track outgoing calls from the same sim card/number....unless it was discarded after the message was sent. Then some followup calls to the same numbers could narrow down who sent the threat. Possibly.

True...

Not only that, if someone purchased a sim card just for that purpose and discarded it, I assume the phones unique IMEI number would have been logged, find out which other sim cards used the same phone.

OK if they are not registered, so next time the phones used put a tap on it soon find out who is behind it.

Sooooo many cheap throwaway or stolen phones...