PM Prayut worried about underground anti-government movements

webfact

PM worried about underground anti-government movements
By Digital Content

14138796905534-640x390x1.jpg

BANGKOK, Oct 21 -- Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha admits he is concerned about underground anti-government movements.

However, he said he's happy with people's support for his government and that other countries are satisfied with order in Thailand.

Gen Prayut said after today's cabinet meeting that his government is prepared to cope with underground movements and that the public is backing his government for its strong determination to solve national problems.

"There are reports on underground movements against the government. I am committed to do good things and create understanding with people and am determined to solve problems," he said.

He shrugged off the report that former prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra may meet her brother, former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra, during her trip to Japan.

Gen Prayut said that Ms Yingluck had complied with regulations by seeking advance permission from the National Council for Peace and Order for her trip. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2014-10-21

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only underground movements P.M. Prayuth should be concerned about are the M.R.T. movements, and they seem to be doing quite well, thank you very much.

With a full scale military behind him all else should pale into insignificance.

Pretty hard to be a above ground anti government movement as it's illegal under this appointed PM

Raises an interesting question??

Who is illegal? The selfappointed government or their democratic minded opponents??coffee1.gif

The judge would decide, the Amy appointed judge at the court martial, I'm sure it would be a fair trial lol

He shrugged off the report that former prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra may meet her brother, former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra, during her trip to Japan.

to be honest, even if destroying the Thaksin network is part of the plan, I seriously do not see Thaksin and Yingluck as his biggest worry.

• Like 1

The first problem he should be solving is a date for the next democratic election.

That's what the rest of the world is asking him to do.

NO you are wanting the rest of the world to do something for YOU and your clan. Must be frustrating.

• Like 1

"Anti-government movements"? Surely, in politics, this is normally referred to as "opposition" and implies balance?

Boots on the other foot now isn't it ??? PTP would not let opposition have a say, meetings cut short---overnight amnesty---etc. We remember.

Mega warnings were rebuffed regarding the rice scandal, Opposition is far different from 'Anti government movements"

Opposition is normally verbal, up front.

Anti government movements are under cover--back stabbing-sinister etc.

It's the ghosts and the ghoolies. Black magic is against him.

I never saw such an immature, self-appointed leader of a country, never mind ex-army leader. I guess that's why Thailand keeps away from worldwide politics - too shit scared of getting involved in a war - because nobody knows left from right or how to light a fart.

His coup intentions were good, but now he's become demented and it's all gone to his head. <deleted? knows what's next. Maybe he'll introduce Baywatch, with loads of red bikinis, to Kho Tao beaches, so to bring back tourist numbers?

The guy's becoming an obvious and idiotic plonker. He lost all and any respect for me in how he dealt with Hannah's and David's deaths. Since then, he simpy becomes more of a moron on a daily basis.

• Like 1

Ginjag you are naive if you think post counts shows a lack of understanding of the ongoing political situation.

you once had only 6 posts your self now stop acting like your some kind of authority on the subject, you of all people have seen zero democracy in 30 years and several coups on nothing's changed.

The Junta and the PM are NOT as popular as you might think, it reeks of desperation and an excuse to keep the uneducated ill informed in check my maintaining martial law.

He can crack on as far as I'm concerned but when the tourist numbers keep dropping stop looking elsewhere for excuses and he should have been well aware he wouldn't be as popular as his spin doctors make him out be

But hey his Junat got you free dental work so what a massive boost to all the unemployed Thais who just want a job that pays the minimum wage. But your free dental treatment make the coup all worthwhile eh??

If he is not popular, why is he elected un-opposed? Why the poll said 93% of the people like him. Why his aids said that leaders all over the world make appointment to greet him (also said that the protest in Milan were fake and Photoshop).

Please remember that this is democratic kingdom of Thailand, not some &lt;deleted&gt; up country Iraq or North Korea.