PM Prayut worried about underground anti-government movements

webfact

Chothee he wasn't elected!!

He wanted the job and his submission to run as PM went unoposed by his fellow NCPO/NLA coup appointed panel.

If he was that popular call an election right now before 2014 is out and let's see if he wins by a landslide of 93% and more, my money is not on that happening or his popularity being as high that here will be NO election in 2015 either till to constitution is re written to favour him.

I can't believe you're still getting sucked in by the troll.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you view is from a farang view. Can tell not many thai are happy

Udon -news at nine.

Issan people have changed their attitude or are in the process of . Here in Udon Thani a yesterday stronghold is now longer as was. persons are now on the positive way of thinking -not the bogged down PTP thinking.

It is going to take a long time but inroads are being made. If for some reason people can think it can be done overnight are living in cuckoo land.

So far our nine o'clock military journal, more "news" tomorrow.

Just living in Issan and mingling with the Thai local people. No one is interested any more with the PTP thinking and only want to move forward.

Thai Issan people are not even interested in the anti army propaganda given out in volumes by the clan on TVF.

Get out you guys -get on the streets- ask around about what is happening locally. The mood is not the doom and gloom portrayed by the minority on TVF.

Udon -news at nine.

Issan people have changed their attitude or are in the process of . Here in Udon Thani a yesterday stronghold is now longer as was. persons are now on the positive way of thinking -not the bogged down PTP thinking.

It is going to take a long time but inroads are being made. If for some reason people can think it can be done overnight are living in cuckoo land.

I don't say it's not possibly to change people way of thinking, but if you sit down with Thais and ask them what they thinking about the current situation, many says Mai dii (not good)

I has being asking about this because, I like to hear it from the local people, not farangs and not news. Many is telling me, they can't do anything now, because they are scared of the marital laws. They also says the are not going to make a fight, but waiting for election or the martial law is over. I even know a guy there has deserted from the military and very scared to come back and they only way to escape is going to become a monk. The problem for him right now, is the military when you join it, losing all normal Id paper, but the temple can help him.

I understand the general is worried and I hope like you he will change there view

Your area is different to mine, Thai local people are NOT afraid, No red shirt threat to their openness. What local people cannot do now ????

No local people understand and even know what Marshal Law is let alone it is in operation.

What a lot of rubbish-with respect about an army defector-going to the temple. Of course some isolated incidents will arise, and fears will always affect some.

If ever I get there is a bad feeling in general, and it will affect me here, I will honestly be someone that will reconsider my attitude.

But the few on TVF will never make me think different---only Thai local people will do that. I do NOT feel uncomfortable at all at this moment in time.

Ginjag you are naive if you think post counts shows a lack of understanding of the ongoing political situation.

you once had only 6 posts your self now stop acting like your some kind of authority on the subject, you of all people have seen zero democracy in 30 years and several coups on nothing's changed.

The Junta and the PM are NOT as popular as you might think, it reeks of desperation and an excuse to keep the uneducated ill informed in check my maintaining martial law.

He can crack on as far as I'm concerned but when the tourist numbers keep dropping stop looking elsewhere for excuses and he should have been well aware he wouldn't be as popular as his spin doctors make him out be

But hey his Junat got you free dental work so what a massive boost to all the unemployed Thais who just want a job that pays the minimum wage. But your free dental treatment make the coup all worthwhile eh??

If he is not popular, why is he elected un-opposed? Why the poll said 93% of the people like him. Why his aids said that leaders all over the world make appointment to greet him (also said that the protest in Milan were fake and Photoshop).

Please remember that this is democratic kingdom of Thailand, not some <deleted> up country Iraq or North Korea.

facepalm.gif facepalm.giffacepalm.gifTROLL.

Edited by iReason

Udon -news at nine.

I don't say it's not possibly to change people way of thinking, but if you sit down with Thais and ask them what they thinking about the current situation, many says Mai dii (not good)

I has being asking about this because, I like to hear it from the local people, not farangs and not news. Many is telling me, they can't do anything now, because they are scared of the marital laws. They also says the are not going to make a fight, but waiting for election or the martial law is over. I even know a guy there has deserted from the military and very scared to come back and they only way to escape is going to become a monk. The problem for him right now, is the military when you join it, losing all normal Id paper, but the temple can help him.

I understand the general is worried and I hope like you he will change there view

Your area is different to mine, Thai local people are NOT afraid, No red shirt threat to their openness. What local people cannot do now ????

No local people understand and even know what Marshal Law is let alone it is in operation.

What a lot of rubbish-with respect about an army defector-going to the temple. Of course some isolated incidents will arise, and fears will always affect some.

If ever I get there is a bad feeling in general, and it will affect me here, I will honestly be someone that will reconsider my attitude.

But the few on TVF will never make me think different---only Thai local people will do that. I do NOT feel uncomfortable at all at this moment in time.

I don't want to change you view. It up to you what you believe in and like you I only listen to local people, because like you say, TV members has sometimes a negative view of thailand ;)

About the guy deserted from the military, it true, because one of my family members. Do you know better?

• Like 1

Interesting, at a number of old Red Shills are out in force today, joined by a few new ones.

Is the timing a coincidence?

What a nice simple world you must live in. People opposing unelected militairy rule are automatically labelled "red shills".

Which begs the question what we should call people openly supporting this undemocratic governement backed by force. should we call them just undemocratic, or are other words more justified ?

• Like 1

One post has been removed. Please remember the rules whilst martial law remains in force . . .

Thailand remain under Martial Law and the rules related to Social Media and posting on Thaivisa will follow the guidelines set forth by the Thai government and the military. Here are some things that you should consider when posting:

All suspects in lese majeste cases, national security cases, violators of NCPO orders will face court martial.

Any discussion of the Monarchy or members of the royal family in a political context will result in a ban. This includes vague comments that could be construed as referring to the Monarchy.

Please use discretion in your references to the government. Phrases which can be considered as anti-coup will be removed. Referring to Thailand or the government as a dictatorship, military dictatorship or other such terms will be removed.

Any posts which can be construed as rumor mongering are not allowed.

Posters violating these rules, and the forum rules will receive a warning, a possible suspension of posting privileges or a ban from the site.

Please check the entire list of forum rules: http://www.thaivisa....tion=boardrules

I think you view is from a farang view. Can tell not many thai are happy

Udon -news at nine.

So far our nine o'clock military journal, more "news" tomorrow.

Just living in Issan and mingling with the Thai local people. No one is interested any more with the PTP thinking and only want to move forward.

Thai Issan people are not even interested in the anti army propaganda given out in volumes by the clan on TVF.

Get out you guys -get on the streets- ask around about what is happening locally. The mood is not the doom and gloom portrayed by the minority on TVF.

Then what is Prayut so worried about ?

It can't be about TV posters.

• Like 1

The first problem he should be solving is a date for the next democratic election.

That's what the rest of the world is asking him to do.

Including the Japanese.Not entirely clear to the nation at large since PM Abe's sharply worded demand for a return to democracy and early elections was deleted from the Thai report on the Milan meeting claiming all was sweetness and light. The criticism is however clearly there in the Japanese statement.

Evidently the only possible explanation is that the excision was an entirely understandable administrative error on the Thai side.This is the explanation that I prefer since otherwise it could only be the handiwork of retards peddling lies that a ten year old could see through.

• Like 1

Pretty hard to be a above ground anti government movement as it's illegal under this appointed PM

Raises an interesting question??

Who is illegal? The selfappointed government or their democratic minded opponents??coffee1.gif

The judge would decide, the Amy appointed judge at the court martial, I'm sure it would be a fair trial lol

Martial court is under jurisdiction of the Judge Advocate General department.

Udon -news at nine.

I don't want to change you view. It up to you what you believe in and like you I only listen to local people, because like you say, TV members has sometimes a negative view of thailand wink.png

About the guy deserted from the military, it true, because one of my family members. Do you know better?

I am fairly fluent in Thai and I know only too well that when Thais speak politics amongst themselves IS NOT what they tell or show to Farangs. To Farangs, Thais will never acknowledge wrongdoing or that there is anything wrong with the country. They are fiercely nationalistic.

Thais are not evil. They are unruly like children and self absorbed in Thainess and cannot perceive anything of a negative nature in their country.

• Like 1

But but but he's so popular with 93% of the nation what's to be scared of??

Such high percentage includes also millions of Red shirts. Unless... TAT did the survey...

The news that he was not welcomed in milan was FAKED.

In fact, The Italian absolutely love him.

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1413526784

I assume you couldn't find the sarcasm emotion.

This is not the first time Thailand's military has attemtped to "save face" with claims that appear incongruous with reality. For instance, in May the army explained that a non-military provocateur "hijacked" an army loudspeaker during an anti-coup protest in Bangkok to deliver a fiery rant against foreign correspondents covering the demonstration. The junta has also attempted to deny that the 22 May takeover was in fact a coup d'etat.

Note: colors and underlining are not added by me but are from the original article.

However, he said he's happy with people's support for his government and that other countries are satisfied with order in Thailand.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Regardless that most other countries representatives refused to talk with him.......

What country /countries 'S reps refused to talk to him? I look forward to reading your source.

The first problem he should be solving is a date for the next democratic election.

The NEXT democratic election? Are you implying that the last few were democratic? OMG!!

The 2011 election was monitored and declared legitimate http://www.voanews.com/content/asian-observer-group-commends-thai-election-cites-minor-flaws--125003034/141777.html. Do you not consider that democratic?

• Like 2

Such high percentage includes also millions of Red shirts. Unless... TAT did the survey...

Your reply is a non sequitur.

Please, read carefully my post and you will see that I never mentioned anything about Milan. You are the one who introduced the distraction of Milan. Also know as sophistry. Look it up. to

Udon -news at nine.

I don't want to change you view. It up to you what you believe in and like you I only listen to local people, because like you say, TV members has sometimes a negative view of thailand wink.png

I am fairly fluent in Thai and I know only too well that when Thais speak politics amongst themselves IS NOT what they tell or show to Farangs. To Farangs, Thais will never acknowledge wrongdoing or that there is anything wrong with the country. They are fiercely nationalistic.

Thais are not evil. They are unruly like children and self absorbed in Thainess and cannot perceive anything of a negative nature in their country.

LOL

First claim that Thais will speak about politics in front of a self professed fluent farang. Then go on to insult them as a people.

I assume you couldn't find the sarcasm emotion.

This is not the first time Thailand's military has attemtped to "save face" with claims that appear incongruous with reality. For instance, in May the army explained that a non-military provocateur "hijacked" an army loudspeaker during an anti-coup protest in Bangkok to deliver a fiery rant against foreign correspondents covering the demonstration. The junta has also attempted to deny that the 22 May takeover was in fact a coup d'etat.

Note: colors and underlining are not added by me but are from the original article.

Maybe you did not grasp mine. Why would I imply that even Reds are happy with him with 93% approval?

What do you think my post was an assertion, irony or sarcasm?

Including the Japanese.Not entirely clear to the nation at large since PM Abe's sharply worded demand for a return to democracy and early elections was deleted from the Thai report on the Milan meeting claiming all was sweetness and light. The criticism is however clearly there in the Japanese statement.

Evidently the only possible explanation is that the excision was an entirely understandable administrative error on the Thai side.This is the explanation that I prefer since otherwise it could only be the handiwork of retards peddling lies that a ten year old could see through.

To the list of pro-government fabrications you can add the endorsement of the British ambassador of the investigation into the Koh Tao murders. Please people, don't be informed solely by TV forum and its by-now-clearly-questionable sources.

• Like 1

Pretty hard to be a above ground anti government movement as it's illegal under this appointed PM

Raises an interesting question??

Who is illegal? The selfappointed government or their democratic minded opponents??coffee1.gif

'...democratic minded opponents': who, where, tell us, please, this would be a scoop, truly (no abuse of the name) democratic minded people at work in Thailand and organising themselves, wow! Maybe even to create an alternative political party, credible in N-NE, Central and South, with a clear program, with honesty and ethics all over? What a dream it would be! But as no money is to be made out of such a movement, would it even be able to break its eggshell...?

That funeral ceremony didn't look like 'underground' at all to me! It was obviously very 'political', but what's going to be done about it? Yeah, right, I guessed so... This whole charade starts to look more and more to me same-same as the story of the ill-fated RTA blimp, very big, very expensive, a lot of 'air' inside, can't fly, and won't achieve the missions it was bought in for... I hope to be wrong, I'm just a Pharang, but even I am, bit by bit, day after day, losing faith in this, until now disappointing, experience: results, gentlemen, on the field, not in the headquarters' club!

However, he said he's happy with people's support for his government and that other countries are satisfied with order in Thailand.

Regardless that most other countries representatives refused to talk with him.......

How do you know this - were you there? Did you see them refuse?

The NEXT democratic election? Are you implying that the last few were democratic? OMG!!

The 2011 election was monitored and declared legitimate http://www.voanews.com/content/asian-observer-group-commends-thai-election-cites-minor-flaws--125003034/141777.html. Do you not consider that democratic?

Yet I know all the villages my relatives live in were given money to vote PTP. The headman had to deliver the whole village vote, 100%, before anybody got paid and he got his bonus on top. Add to that peer pressure the threats of ostracizing, intimidation and violence for any who did not vote for the democracy loving Shin political vehicle.

Very democratic. Almost as good as a Zimbabwe election.

PTP win an election with a large minority, which translates into a large parliamentary majority, then cheat and break parliamentary procedures when if they had half a brain they didn't need to with the numbers they had. Stupid arrogance or what?

There is nothing remotely like accountable transparent sustainable democracy in Thailand.

• Like 1

Try excercising a bit of common sense.

• Like 2

Try excercising a bit of common sense.

Try giving an intelligent answer for once - go on treat yourself.

He has no more idea of what really went on there than you, or I do. But like you often do, many simply try to post their own ideas as fact without any substance.

• Like 2

Yet I know all the villages my relatives live in were given money to vote PTP. The headman had to deliver the whole village vote, 100%, before anybody got paid and he got his bonus on top. Add to that peer pressure the threats of ostracizing, intimidation and violence for any who did not vote for the democracy loving Shin political vehicle.

Very democratic. Almost as good as a Zimbabwe election.

PTP win an election with a large minority, which translates into a large parliamentary majority, then cheat and break parliamentary procedures when if they had half a brain they didn't need to with the numbers they had. Stupid arrogance or what?

There is nothing remotely like accountable transparent sustainable democracy in Thailand.

"Yet I know all the villages my relatives live in were given money to vote PTP."

How do you know this? Did you report it to anyone in authority?

Forgive me if I have greater faith in an international election monitoring organization than hearsay claims.

The large minority translating into a large parliamentary majority was dictated by a constitution and laws established by the military and Abhisit, you can't blame that on the PTP. As far as parliamentary procedures, a new constitution means working without established precedents (you can't really count precedents established under a different constitution), and people were trying to get things done in spite of obstructions presented by the unelected half of the Senate. I'm sure they broke many rules in the process, but that should have been handled by courts and elections, not a coup.

All this is getting off-topic. The OP is about a superstitious, unelected PM (one who gives names to his lucky rings and keeps martial law in place long after all resistance has been quashed) being worried about underground opposition. I'm worried also, but not about underground opposition.

• Like 1

I understand that the translator missed out a chunk of Abe's statement. Apparently he was preoccupied eating a sandwich!

This isn't just another Thai official making a claim on behalf of other countries, this is the PM so it must be true. giggle.gif

• Like 1