New condo development in Pratumnak Soi 5

Theo007

If anyone living in the Pratumnak area is interested in attempting to stop a huge condominium from being constructed then please PM me. As yet the project has not received EIA approval ao we should obtain as many signatures as possible on a petition to oppose the project.

Many thanks!

There's a chap in the UK called Canute who might be interested in joining your group.

Personally I think you are wasting your time. Thais dont seem to have much notion of zoning and it is a reasonable assumption that the whole of Pratumnak will eventually be dotted with high-rises, with the possible exception of the immediate vicinity of the Royal residence.

The same applies to Jomtien.

Good luck to you anyway.

The probable reality is a L A R G E sum of slush fund will be slipped to the relevant big-knob and Bobs-Your-Uncle, planning will be granted.

Remember, "Greed-Rules".

Consideration will not be given to the local residents, nor to increased traffic congestion.

• Like 2

The probable reality is a L A R G E sum of slush fund will be slipped to the relevant big-knob and Bobs-Your-Uncle, planning will be granted.

Why should they need to pay anything? The EIA requirement is about water supplies and drains and traffic and flooding and infrastructure and things like that. As far as I know it doesnt have anything to do with spoiling the neighbours' view or tranquillity. That would be a zoning issue, and they don't really do zoning here.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Why should they need to pay anything? The EIA requirement is about water supplies and drains and traffic and flooding and infrastructure and things like that. As far as I know it doesnt have anything to do with spoiling the neighbours' view or tranquillity. That would be a zoning issue, and they don't really do zoning here.

Because there are new developments in Pratumnak area already constructed, with the above, a possible addition.

All the Pratumnak Sois feed off the main Soi.

As experienced last Thursday, Gridlock.

So a consideration to traffic, drainage and water supply is very relevant.

With a "bung" it would point the final decision in a certain positive direction for the developer.

The best example of fighting a loosing battle I can think of here is View Talay 7 built on land previously owned by Jomtien Complex, I remember a Guy called Richard Haynes who fought tooth and nail to appose it.

I am sure the case can be found in the archives of TV.

It must be heartbreaking to have your view destroyed like this.

I think the point is to ensure when you buy that there are no empty plots between you and your view. That's what I took into consideration.

I could lose my view (or part of it) if several low-rise buildings were demolished and built on but they are individually owned and it would not be easy to arrange the purchase of all them. Also the access road is not wide enough to allow a high-rise to be built under current EIA rules.

The one reassuring thing about views is that so few buyers here seem to care about them. There are units in my building with no view at all that sold for nearly the same price as my unit, and I've seen units in other buildings that sell for a lot more with no good view. So losing the view may not make a significant difference to the value of the unit, even though to me it would be worthless without the view and I would not want to live there.