Rubber V Palm

Oziex1

Hi All

My girlfriend is considering removing all immature 1 year old rubber trees and replacing with Palm, she has 22 rai.

At present she has a total of 300 palm recently planted , she has planted cassava with the palm.

Your advice is appreciated.

i would be interested in buying rubber trees if uprooted condition is good

pm me if required

Thank for your prompt reply.

Your suggesting rubber trees are of value, if so then I should advise her to leave them in the ground.

pm me if required

Your suggesting rubber trees are of value, if so then I should advise her to leave them in the ground.

at the moment many farmers are wishing they had not gone with a government advisory a few years back

resulting in a rubber glut/mountain and the price rock bottom in answer i see very little value in your wife's trees productive or otherwise i would not be offering big baht i would suggest that if you have enough land you keep them growing as for palm another crop that will maybe hit the deck unless bio fuel takes off maybe try peanuts

• Like 1

pm me if required

at the moment many farmers are wishing they had not gone with a government advisory a few years back

resulting in a rubber glut/mountain and the price rock bottom in answer i see very little value in your wife's trees productive or otherwise i would not be offering big baht i would suggest that if you have enough land you keep them growing as for palm another crop that will maybe hit the deck unless bio fuel takes off maybe try peanuts

Thanks Gerry 123

I will scour the pages here and see what is worthwhile to grow all I see around these parts is Rubber, Casava, Rice and Sugar.

pm me if required

It's not a Thai action that has caused the glut. It's even being grown in place of cocoa in Ghana.

pm me if required

It's not a Thai action that has caused the glut. It's even being grown in place of cocoa in Ghana.

sorry dont get what you are saying please be more specific

As Far as i know....China is planting thousands of acres of rubber trees per year.....They intend to supply themselves within a few years, and wont need outside product as much....if at all. That may crash the price even further. Malayasia and Indonesia have the market cornered in Palm Oil already....

Think about Hardwood trees (termite resistant) thats where the money will be made in years to come....

If I was younger thats where i would invest.....

I googled this. With a fall in crude oil prices, synthetic rubber will become more attractive. http://www.business-standard.com/article/markets/fall-in-crude-price-favours-rise-in-synthetic-rubber-consumption-114101300527_1.html

I do know that oil palms require a lot of work and knowledge and that it takes at least three years of hard work before a crop is harvested. You need water also.

I googled this. With a fall in crude oil prices, synthetic rubber will become more attractive. http://www.business-standard.com/article/markets/fall-in-crude-price-favours-rise-in-synthetic-rubber-consumption-114101300527_1.html

I do know that oil palms require a lot of work and knowledge and that it takes at least three years of hard work before a crop is harvested. You need water also.

Someome posted in the rubber tree thread. Synthetic rubber is made with natural gas.

Someome posted in the rubber tree thread. Synthetic rubber is made with natural gas.

Balderdash. Coal, oil, other hydrocarbons are the basic source of synthetic rubber. Natural gas is used after the refining process.

http://www.ehow.com/how-does_5206099_manufacturing-process-rubber.html

• Like 1

Balderdash. Coal, oil, other hydrocarbons are the basic source of synthetic rubber. Natural gas is used after the refining process.

http://www.ehow.com/how-does_5206099_manufacturing-process-rubber.html

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/467163-rubber-trees/page-110#entry8446304