Pattaya Baht Bus Drivers caught-up in Chinese get-rich-quick scam

webfact

Pattaya Baht Bus Drivers caught-up in Chinese get-rich-quick scam

taxi-3.jpg

PATTAYA: -- A group of 10 Baht Bus Drivers, who operate in the Huay Yai area, appear to have been caught-up in a Chinese get-rich-quick-scam, which has been operating around South-East Asia for some time and now appears to have arrived in Pattaya.

We met the drivers on Wednesday who were all displaying banners on the side of their vehicles in Chinese Language. The banners also feature the face of Mr. Zhang Jian, who is a 24 year old Chinese Businessmen, who has been recently operating in Malaysia where he is currently under investigation by authorities there.

The Baht Bus Drivers were told to hand over 5,000 Baht each to an agent and after one month they could receive 1,000 Baht per month for 8 months, netting them a profit of 3,000 Baht.

In return they would display the banners on the side of their Baht Buses. Other drivers were known to have invested nothing but were promised 300 Baht per month after 1 month. In both case the payments have not been forthcoming.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/152402/pattaya-baht-bus-drivers-caught-up-in-chinese-get-rich-quick-scam/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2014-10-30

Som Nam Na, somehow I don't feel sorry for those drivers, never really liked them, mafia behind

the steering wheel, and if the can fleece you for extra fare, they will, no scoopfuls what so ever..

Well every now and again one returns a wallet full of money to some absent minded passenger!

Some are foul tempered though!

Emster, you got the phrase wrong. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is (too good to be true).

haha... implied isn't true. Other night trying to explain to Thai gf how in English some questions can be answered with yes or no and still be affirmative.... oy vey! "Yes, we have no bananas..."

Som Nam Na, somehow I don't feel sorry for those drivers, never really liked them, mafia behind

the steering wheel, and if the can fleece you for extra fare, they will, no scoopfuls what so ever..

I know nothing of the Baht Bus drives working the "Huay Yai area", nor do I know if they are Mafia Controlled or as bad as the Darker Blue ones plying the Nakula, Jomtien and Pattaya tourist area,I do hope you know...