Where To Buy In Chiang Mai

MinutePigglet

Arrived in chaing mai this morning after spending 10 days in KohChang thanks for all the interesting info people

Be interested to know the address of the Irish pub.

map.gif

O'Malley's Irish Pub

Anusarn Market

149/14-15 Chang Klan Road, A. Munag

Chiang Mai 50100

Telephone: 053-271-921

leprechaun.gif

Thanks.

Staying in the RYDGES if anyone wants to PM me

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That road there at the bottom is not Maneenopparat road but Sridonchai Road. :o

Maneenopparat road is the one that goes from the North-Western city corner (Central, Hua Rin corner) straight East along the moat past Com Plaza, Chang Phuak Gate, Wat Paa Pao temple to end up at Sri Phoom corner. :D

Cheers,

Chanchao, for all your topographical issues. :D

Arrived in chaing mai this morning after spending 10 days in KohChang thanks for all the interesting info people

Not sure if you were asking for the original Irish Pub - now properly called (U.N.) Irish Pub - or the newer O'Malley's.

If the older one, it's on the N side of Ratwithi Rd, about 250m west of the moat, in the middle of the old city quadrangle.

Not sure if you were asking for the original Irish Pub - now properly called (U.N.) Irish Pub - or the newer O'Malley's.

If the older one, it's on the N side of Ratwithi Rd, about 250m west of the moat, in the middle of the old city quadrangle.

Been to O"Mallys enough said.

• 2 weeks later...

For most things for electrical consruction, light fixtures, wire, breakers, switches, recepticles etc.

Out ChiangMai gate, take the half-right about two or three blocks on your right.

For foreign "canned goods" like peanut butter, mustard etc; and fresh baked goods.

Down ChiandMoi to the intersection with the goofy street with "right hand rule" traffic; turn left and it's few doors down on your left. Very clean and homey.

For almost any tool, pump, piping, valves etc.

Montri Machine on the SE corner of the MaeRim road and the super hiway.

For labware, beakers, graduates etc.

Suthep road West from the klong about 1 km on the left.

WHERE CAN I FIND?

A decent, knowledgable, half-fluent software repairman for a 9-month old Hewlett Packard that does lots of bad weird things? The two guys 've used aren't good enough, and I refuse to pack this one up and take to the shop for warranty work even if we could find the original invoice. I can't even save the 220-page novel that's on my hard drive, have never backed up either hard drive; it shuts off before it warms up; it's too slow even when it isn't connected to the modem; too many of my programs have the instructions in Thai, I can't get high speed service, etc.

Thanks. As you can see, I don't know how to post in colors in this forum. :o

Edited by PeaceBlondie

For what my opinion might be worth the Irish Pub was always overated and O'Malleys (in Anusarn Market) would leave and would have left it for dead at any time whoever had it (Irish Pub) The ambience is better and the food is consistently better. Emphasising the word consistently I believe is important as many places are good one day and pure <deleted> the next.

Another thing to take into account is the cleanliness of their ablution facilities. Mango Tree was hard to beat in that department, as was Fred's on Loi Kroh, and O'Malleys is another that is always clean. Take a look at the WC in back of Daddy's and you probably wouldn't eat another meal there.

For what my opinion might be worth the Irish Pub was always overated and O'Malleys (in Anusarn Market) would leave and would have left it for dead at any time whoever had it (Irish Pub) The ambience is better and the food is consistently better. Emphasising the word consistently I believe is important as many places are good one day and pure <deleted> the next.

Another thing to take into account is the cleanliness of their ablution facilities. Mango Tree was hard to beat in that department, as was Fred's on Loi Kroh, and O'Malleys is another that is always clean. Take a look at the WC in back of Daddy's and you probably wouldn't eat another meal there.

I agree with you about the Irish Pub now... Just not the same as when Rosemary was running the show with Daeng (his sister owns La Villa Pizza with her Italian husband) When Rosemary left to return home to Ireland with the kids, Daeng was left to run things, but he told me he just didn't have the heart for it, and wanted to sell out. He had some problems later with his Kiwi partner and left for the hills... In the last couple of years, I've been in 3 or 4 times, but the food was very disappointing. I think the upstairs bar does pretty well, but that's not my scene...