Robbery and Attempted Rape of Tourist Near Khaosan Road

Lite Beer

With the full moon almost upon us it's fair to assume that at least one victim will be flagged-up somewhere in the Samui archipelago country in the next 7 days.

Please say 'Surrathani province' when you need to locate it and can't write Koh Pha Ngan, as many people on Koh Samui would like very much to get rid of all the full moon trash of its neighbouring island (mind you, not even the same locals' mafias, except the brown one).

that's right, the Samui mafia gets away with murder easily, recounting the executions in plain public...

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 arrested for attacking French tourist
The Nation

30247008-03_big.jpg

BANGKOK: -- POLICE ANNOUNCED yesterday that they had arrested two men for allegedly attacking and attempting to rape a French female tourist in Soi Samsen 3 in Bangkok's Phra Nakhon district early on Monday. After the woman fought back, the suspects made off with her valuables, police say.

Acting deputy police chief Pol Lt-General Reungsak Jarit-ek told the press gathered at the Chana Songkhram police station that the two suspects, Surasak Wanprapao, 19, and Cheun Wamakhan, 42, had been apprehended shortly in the same area.

Police also presented as evidence the 32-year-old victim's passport, her iPhone 5 mobile phone, cash in different currencies, including 255 euros, US$30, 4,000 kip and Bt560, and her credit card.

Surasak reportedly hit the woman, who was walking alone at 2.30am on Monday, on the back of her head with a brick and tried to drag her into an alley to rape her. As the woman resisted, the attacker allegedly grabbed her bag and caught up with Cheun, who police say was serving as a lookout, to flee in a taxi.

Fortunately, a group of people saw what happened, alerted police and rushed the victim to hospital.

Surasak reportedly confessed that he and his friend had gone to Khao San Road, where they found themselves without enough cash to go back home to Pathum Thani, so they decided to rob somebody.

Spotting the victim walking alone, he decided to hit her in the back of her head with a brick and then wanted to drag her into an ally to rape her, he said. He recounted that the victim began kicking him and witnesses began shouting, so he chose to flee with his friend Cheun.

The suspects, who are both construction workers, initially face charges of robbery resulting in injury.

The victim's 24-year-old British boyfriend said she was in hospital recovering from the head injury. He said they had travelled to many countries, including Thailand, and had never encountered anything like this before.

He said the woman had gone out to look for something to eat, adding that he was disappointed that she got attacked so close to a police station.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/2-arrested-for-attacking-French-tourist-30247008.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-11-05

Pickpocketing, stealing and handbag snatching has always been prevalent in Thailand.

It's alarming that violence is now being used.

Best regards to the young lady.

Exactly, the methodology has moved from non-confrontational acts to direct physical assault. Its a very dangerous trend.

People are commenting like these acts only happen in Thailand.

Sure I'm a male, but I feel safer in BKK than I do in most other western cities I've visited.

In thailand the rapes seem to be targeted at a specific group.

Namely--- white skinned tourists or white skinned expats. I am sure if say in England, there were almost daily reports of rapes, murders and robberies against people of asian denomination. there would be a worldwide outcry. Human rights the un and governments would address the problem. Many of these racist crimes are never convicted .

• Like 1

Before someone has a go at them, plaudits to the Chanasongkram Police for nailing the cowardly little bastards.clap2.gif

Have they got them?

I'd say so.

Police say they arrested Surasak and Chuen Wamakhan, an accomplice who was allegedly serving as a lookout, shortly after the tourist filed a complaint.

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1415104653

Edit to add.

I think the cops will be throwing the book at these guys following the KohTao tragedy. Just as a warning . Which of course will go unheeded by the street vermin.

I'm sure the book will be thrown at these guys....I am also sure neither of them are from rich, or mafia families with connections to influential people and/or police.

• Like 1

Sure I'm a male, but I feel safer in BKK than I do in most other western cities I've visited.

In thailand the rapes seem to be targeted at a specific group.

Namely--- white skinned tourists or white skinned expats. I am sure if say in England, there were almost daily reports of rapes, murders and robberies against people of asian denomination. there would be a worldwide outcry. Human rights the un and governments would address the problem. Many of these racist crimes are never convicted .

Much larger numbers of Thai girls and women are raped every day but do not report it.

White skinned women come from societies where it is more typical to report a rape or rape attempt and newspapers here in Thailand are more likely to cover the story because its a twist on an all-too-common crime.

• Like 1

Drug use on the rise.

This is the product of that. Senseless crimes wicked in nature which only human numbed on drugs could do.

I think, rather, that it is someone who ran out of drugs and is desperate for cash to buy more to feed his addiction. I agree that sometimes people take too many drugs for too long a period and that leads to aberrant and sometime violent behavior because they are hallucinating. This is not nearly as common as the first group. Ya baa is well known for making its abusers craaaaazeee.

I think they are commenting because they didn't used to happen in Thailand.

I guess the police is gonna come out and say oops those guys were Burmese now that they were trying to rape her too. I saw the video clip of attack and it was horrible and that guy basically went to Kill the Girl by the Brick and not just stealing her items.

Although another thing is that what would a girl Alone do at 2;30 am in the Dark Area of kaosan road where there was Nobody there ??!! Anyways Thais are becoming very Aggressive lately for easy money regardless of their class

Edited by kirkoloft

Sure crimes do occur in all countries - however, Khaosan Road is a major tourist area and there should be more proactive policing of the area. Just because crime is prevalent throughout the world doesn't mean Thailand shouldn't try to protect it's citizens and it's tourists.

I would not want to have a friend, family or loved one hit in the head with a brick and robbed and potentially raped while on holiday.

The gravy train is slowing down in all areas....expect this stuff to be on the rise.

Yep...

The velocity of money is slowing down and many Thais who live from hand to mouth are going to hurt badly.

I don't know how many thousands of falang that used to do visa runs have left - but I do know that for each one of them, two or as many five Thais got financially supported directly or indirectly.

I've lived in countries in which when you walk down the streets, you can sense the calculation going through the minds of the less fortunate. I'm beginning to see it here now.

• Like 2

Sad to say, but take the falang involvement out of the subject and the crime just becomes another statistic.

Whereas it certainly isn't acceptable, for those living here it has to be accepted as fact in this ever devolving world in which we live.

The good general (PM) should make it entirely clear in his Friday speeches that these crimes (and many others) will not be tolerated.

As well as a refusal to grant bail (no matter who requests it) there should be severe punsihment.

Why not give this perp a minimum of 5 years (more had he succeeded in rape -possibly death!)

Word would get around and surely would reduce the number of criminal events - if not eliminate them.

Let Thailand show to the world they mean business!

• Like 1

I think you pretty much hit the nail on the head--there is the Thailand experienced by us guys and the other one experienced by females.

And Burmese, Laotians and Cambodians.

Oh and Rohinga.....

and nearly forgot the poor people....

hang on then there are animals.

True.

But violent crime is on the increase and there's no doubt it is being augmented by a slow down in the economy.

If this trend gets reported in Japan, we can safely expect Japanese tourism to collapse. I've see this happen before in other countries.

With the full moon almost upon us it's fair to assume that at least one victim will be flagged-up somewhere in the Samui archipelago country in the next 7 days.

Please say 'Surrathani province' when you need to locate it and can't write Koh Pha Ngan, as many people on Koh Samui would like very much to get rid of all the full moon trash of its neighbouring island (mind you, not even the same locals' mafias, except the brown one).

Samui arcipelago is much more accurate than Surrathani province in this context. And who are you to alter people's posts?

• Like 2

The good general (PM) should make it entirely clear in his Friday speeches that these crimes (and many others) will not be tolerated.

As well as a refusal to grant bail (no matter who requests it) there should be severe punsihment.

Why not give this perp a minimum of 5 years (more had he succeeded in rape -possibly death!)

Word would get around and surely would reduce the number of criminal events - if not eliminate them.

Let Thailand show to the world they mean business!

They tried that in Indonesia...

Anyone caught robbing houses and engaging in assaults are firstly brutalised by the police, then flung into a serious prison sentence.

It didn't work.

In fact it seemed to make crimes more violent and executed with more planning in an attempt to reduce the chances of getting caught.

The desperation that arises from poverty and of being marginalised and caught in a hopeless economic corner is a powerful and persistent motivation.

I think you pretty much hit the nail on the head--there is the Thailand experienced by us guys and the other one experienced by females.

Agree, try walking around quiet streets at 2:30 am in the morning in many western cities. Happens everywhere and Thailand still much safer than most countries, although sad that crimes like this are on the increase. No doubt connected to increase in drug use.