Three troops killed, five other injured in Pattani following dispute while drinking

webfact

Three troops killed, five other injured in Pattani following dispute while drinking

PATTANI: -- An Army private opened fire at more senior officers following a dispute while drinking in Pattani's Nong Chick district Wednesday night, killing three and injuring four others.

The troop then turned the gun on himself but he was injured, raising the number of injured in the incident to five.

The shooting happened at 7 pm. The five injured troops were rushed to the Pattani Hospital.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Three-troops-killed-five-other-injured-in-Pattani--30247108.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-11-06

"An Army private opened fire at more senior officers following a dispute while drinking in Pattani's Nong Chick district Wednesday night, killing three and injuring four others."

Why can't they just be satisfied with shooting off their mouths? If professionally "trained" soldiers and law enforcement officers can't refrain from drinking and be expected to act responsibly with firearms, why should they be made available to the general public? In a previous post on another topic someone suggested that civilians should be armed and allowed to kill soi dogs in order to solve the overpopulation problem. Just imagine what would result in that scenario.w00t.gifw00t.gifw00t.gif

Edited by jaltsc

Third world stuff. Is it simply a traditional Thai bar shot out? A frag the officer event? Or a blue on blue incident? Interesting to know the background of the shooter. How is an organisation that can't quell a 10 year insurgency in a small specific area meant to bring "HAPPINESS" and cough, Reconciliantion to the entire nation? Tards.

Southern Unrest: 'Drunk' Private Kills 3 Soldiers
By Khaosod English

14152554151415255512l.jpg
Soldiers guard a school in Narathiwat province on 6 Nov 2014.

PATTANI — Three soldiers were killed and two others seriously injured in the tumultuous southern province of Pattani after a private opened fire during a heated argument this morning, officials said.

Prior to the shootings, the soldiers were drinking alcohol in a boy scout camp in Bo Thong district, which also serves as a barrack for troops stationed in the province, police officers at Nong Chik Police Station told reporters.

The soldiers were members of a task force stationed in Pattani to combat Islamist separatist groups that have been mounting attacks against security forces in the region.

After an argument between the men escalated, the private fetched his automatic rifle and opened fire on the group, killing two, police say.

The private, who has not been identified by name, reportedly tried to commit suicide afterwards but survived. He has been sent to a hospital along with the two other soldiers who were wounded in the shooting.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1415255415

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2014-11-06

"An Army private opened fire at more senior officers following a dispute while drinking in Pattani's Nong Chick district Wednesday night, killing three and injuring four others."

Why can't they just be satisfied with shooting off their mouths? If professionally "trained" soldiers and law enforcement officers can't refrain from drinking and be expected to act responsibly with firearms, why should they be made available to the general public? In a previous post on another topic someone suggested that civilians should be armed and allowed to kill soi dogs in order to solve the overpopulation problem. Just imagine what would result in that scenario.w00t.gifw00t.gifw00t.gif

I sometimes wonder if keyboard warriors have any concept of the psychological pressure on soldiers and law enforcement officers involved with counter-insurgency operations. Seeing the results of bombs and random shootings, knowing you might be the next maimed or killed, is highly stressful. Allowing access to alcohol in a safe environment is an important part of stress relief to prevent these men from mental breakdown. Denying such stress relief would only lead to events like this being more common.

• Like 1

I sometimes wonder if keyboard warriors have any concept of the psychological pressure on soldiers and law enforcement officers involved with counter-insurgency operations. Seeing the results of bombs and random shootings, knowing you might be the next maimed or killed, is highly stressful. Allowing access to alcohol in a safe environment is an important part of stress relief to prevent these men from mental breakdown. Denying such stress relief would only lead to events like this being more common.

Complete and utter <deleted> !!! that's why the US military has general order number 1 = no alcohol on deployments or operations.

Brit mil used to allow 2 cans of beer back in the days too.

Sorry Halloween but that's what leave periods are for, de stressing etc.

if there's a psychological issue, then he should have sought out medical help.

This reeks of the same scenario as Danny Fitzimmons in Iraq, I've spent the best part of my life dealing with COIN and never drank whilst on duty when carrying a weapon!

Carrying a weapon deployed= no alcohol consumed, he could have waited till he got time off to go on the piss!!

As for the stress etc, you and I know zero about the deployments this shooter was on, whether he was a Pogue/remf we don't know, we don't know if he was a Ranger volunteer, so we don't know what stresses situations he was exposed to, but alcohol and weapons with live rounds are never a good combination!!

• Like 2

With 2,700 more Civil Volunteers being armed with handguns, one can only imagine this will happen more regularly.

You fail to mention that most of those guns are being given to Muslim villagers. I cannot begin to fathom the sense in that.

What a load of codswollop! Alcohol does not relieve stress it enhances the negative emotions.

OMG! Do you think alcohol and guns are not a dangerous mix? As a westerner I have done my time in the armed services and we were not allowed guns in a "safe" environment for drinking!

I would not be happy with having this lot fight on my side. w00t.gif

One of the problems with Thai and their mai pan rai culture is that they can not vent their anger. This builds inside until even the smallest of events makes them snap. Then it all comes out at once usually resulting in deaths or serious injuries.

Responsibility, consequences and face come to mind too...

I understand full well the psychological effects soldiers are under when involved in counter-insurgency and anti-terrorist operations. But your comment is laughable in my opinion. "Allowing access to alcohol in a safe environment is an important part of stress relief to prevent these men from mental breakdown. Denying such stress relief would only lead to events like this being more common." Who on earth told you alcohol is good for stress relief? Alcohol is a mood enhancer and if pity are stressed it will only magnify that stress, Allowing alcohol in a safe environment? Define a safe environment. You would have thought that having a drink with officers in a scout accommodation with no drunken outsiders would be a safe environment, wouldn't you? But as it has just been shown, it clearly isn't is it? You have to be the only person in the World that would thin that stressed soldiers + alcohol + live ammunition is a good idea for stress relief. I wonder about keyboard warriors like you who are totally clueless.

Are you nuts or something! You wonder about keyboard warriors having any idea of the concept of psychological pressure? You're a keyboard warrior who definitely has no idea about this, aren't you. Since when has alcohol been the drug of choice for stress relief? Except for pissheads making excuses that it helps that is. Alcohol is a mood enhancer which means if the person is stressed it will magnify the stress, not relieve it as is patently clear from this incident. Safe environment? They could not have been in a safer environment could they? No outsiders, no drunken outsiders just a handful of soldiers and police and this happened. Stress+booze+live ammunition is not a good thing and I'm keen to know how anybody could think it could possibly be so? Can you point us toward any doctors papers that recommends this? Keyboard psychiatrist with out a clue is what you are my friend