Koh Tao suspects to be indicted by end of month

Lite Beer

I WISH TV members who post comments like the following:

"These poor burmese guy's are going to be put to death, for something they didn't do."

...would come forward with any evidence they might have to help prove these two lad's innocence. I'm sure their defense team would be happy to hear from you. Otherwise, you're just spreading rumors.....which doesn't help anyone, really.

• Like 2

David may have heard her screaming, or begging them to stop

Or, he may have heard the ruckus and seen from his window

the bottom line is, Hannah's friends know, and they have told British detectives

100% speculation

"These poor burmese guy's are going to be put to death, for something they didn't do."

...would come forward with any evidence they might have to help prove these two lad's innocence. I'm sure their defense team would be happy to hear from you. Otherwise, you're just spreading rumors.....which doesn't help anyone, really.

Pointing in the direction of the real culprits might help!!

And that is what most posters here are trying to do!!

• Like 2

the bottom line is, Hannah's friends know, and they have told British detectives

I hope your right but if they had done why did it take a petition to get the ball moving?

My belief is that the petition accomplished nothing. The parents request for help alone was enough to start the ball rolling.

• Like 1

This has went too far for justice to prevail. Unfortunately the only way to get closure on this would be vengeance and I just feel sorry and angry for the family. Any sane and rational person can see this whole case from start to finish is borderline circus like and there are so many discrepancies and evidence being ignored it is an insult to the watching public and families seeking justice.

For me, I plan to leave Thailand because of this as it has sickened me to the bottom of my stomach. I still cannot understand as to why Mr no9 has not been identified, nor the fact it was a clear drug deal that was going on, as I presume no9 will be a known pusher on the island. Usually the mafia control the drug rings but who am I to speculate right? Not to mention the fact no9 looked and very similar walking style to none other than Mr Milk.

As I said, this has went too far for the truth to be able to come out. I also do not really understand the role of the British and if they will ever come out and make an official statement.

I hope you find happiness wherever you end up.

As for your speculation about drug deals....

Maybe the UK inquest will give a forensic report with toxicology results.

I hope your right but if they had done why did it take a petition to get the ball moving?

My belief is that the petition accomplished nothing. The parents request for help alone was enough to start the ball rolling.

cheesy.gif , gawd...........coffee1.gif

So why don't the UK police fly over here on all UK deaths with question marks.............rolleyes.gif

• Like 2

The RTP are not in control - they are subject to instruction from the top influential Thais who got involved shortly after the case gathered momentum to protect a couple of their drug business friends.

If you read the police pronouncements you can see when the influence started to be exerted because all of a sudden there was an about turn when previous suspects became non-suspects together with a rather poorly planned and enacted attempt at a media cleansing of the once suspects. All of a sudden the AC Bar and evidence implicating the influentials on Koh Tao was minimized and pushed aside.

I think the RTP are much more competent than being given credit for, albeit much less professional and skilled than better equipped and trained western equivalents. They have been instructed and are following those instructions. It has little to do with finding the criminals and all to do with protecting the drug trade that provides a source of funds for very many senior people in Thailand and their political agendas. Rallies in Bangkok cost an awful lot of money!

Spot on!!

For starters I would like an investigation into, how the "kitten-hero" could afford to buy shares for 360 million baht on Oct 28 2014........

On the other hand the General has told us "it is not the right time to dig"...................coffee1.gif

100% speculation

Like all the posts on the topic!! Including yours!!

But many crimes are solved thanks to speculation/ creative thinking by the investigators.

You clearly believe in only hardcore scientific evidence, fair enough, but if the police have a DNA-match, what are they waiting for??

• Like 1

100% speculation

But many crimes are solved thanks to speculation/ creative thinking by the investigators.

You clearly believe in only hardcore scientific evidence, fair enough, but if the police have a DNA-match, what are they waiting for??

The prosecution has asked for more circumstantial evidence.

cheesy.gif , gawd...........coffee1.gif

So why don't the UK police fly over here on all UK deaths with question marks.............rolleyes.gif

There would be no officers left in the UK??whistling.gif

See the re-enactment video for starters... I'm sure the defence team will use this as evidence that the B2 were orchestrated throughout by the RTP (which is illegal, BTW).

100% speculation

Bingo. And yet simply circumstantial evidences are what this case is totally lacking of. Poor and incompetent investigation at least...

• Like 1

Bingo. And yet simply circumstantial evidences are what this case is totally lacking of. Poor and incompetent investigation at least...

Don't worry. A couple of eye-witnesses from one influential family will testify that the B2 were high on drugs, causing a scene, whatever. Worrying, eh? In fact, I'm wondering why it hasn't happened already and the B2 indicted.

100% speculation

A correct performed DNA-test with a match is a slam-dunk for the prosecutor, so no need for circumstantial evidence!

On the other hand, if the DNA-tests can be questioned by the defence lawyers, no amount of circumstantial evidence will get the B2 convicted!!

80% complete?? Yeah sure!!

Stephen, the British press (Mirror or Mail) reported David and Hannah staying at same Sea View Guesthouse/hotel which is how they came to meet in the first place.

The Grey Wolf`s scenario works still with David and Hannah going back to their hotel, alone, separately

Something as reported could have started at guest house and then moved to beach for sick staging and partial clean-up?.

• Like 1

A correct performed DNA-test with a match is a slam-dunk for the prosecutor, so no need for circumstantial evidence!

On the other hand, if the DNA-tests can be questioned by the defence lawyers, no amount of circumstantial evidence will get the B2 convicted!!

80% complete?? Yeah sure!!

I beg to differ: DNA without circumstantial evidences is not enough for charge with murder.

I guess the RTP does not have enough proofs to incriminate the 2B with murder. Until now. Despite they declared so many times investigation was complete and perfect.

Edited by newcomer71

Stephen, the British press (Mirror or Mail) reported David and Hannah staying at same Sea View Guesthouse/hotel which is how they came to meet in the first place.

The Grey Wolf`s scenario works still with David and Hannah going back to their hotel, alone, separately

Something as reported could have started at guest house and then moved to beach for sick staging and partial clean-up?.

Okay, accepted. Which begs the question if both were attacked at the GH by 4 perps wouldn't there have been a lot of evidence in the room? A lot of noise?On the assumption that the initial RTP investigation was on the right track, wouldn't they have visited the GH to examine the rooms? To question the staff? Other guests? And reported by them, as was their want. Or has this been buried by them and the staff at the GH?

So, why I can imagine such a scenario we don't have anything to substantiate the OP's post, nor do we have anything but hearsay, and no-one stepping forward to corroborate the story.

What could be interesting is if the Brits visited the GH on their visit, which would be a natural thing to do, and found anything that could explain how the victims ended up on the beach. The postmortem carried out at BKK would have revealed many aspects that have not been released to the media, but certainly reviewed by the Brit forensic guy.

Edited by stephen terry
  • Like 1

The Police General Hospital autopsy report has been posted online but I will not post it here as it is in Thai only. If interested, you should be able to find it easily.

The report that has been posted without the preamble is only one page of well spaced type for both victims and seems rather cursory in nature, compared to autopsy reports on victims of violent crime where the circumstances of death are far from clear in the US or other Western countries. Perhaps it is only a summary but it seems entirely consistent with what was described as the autopsy findings on Thai TV by the police pathologist in charge.

The report says that both Hannah and David died from violent blows to the head with a blunt instrument that caused wounding consistent with the hoe that was found nearby.

DNA traces of a Mr C were found on Hannah's nipples and semen with DNA from a Mr B and Mr C were found internally.

No sign of sexual assault on David.

No signs of toxic substances or poisoned food in either victim.

Nothing is mentioned about the multiple incision or chop wounds on David's head or upper torso or the obvious difference in the wounds to each victim that the pathologist ascribed to the same blunt instrument as murder weapon.

Edited by Dogmatix
  • Like 2

The Police General Hospital autopsy report has been posted online but I will not post it here as it is in Thai only. If interested, you should be able to find it easily.

The report that has been posted without the preamble is only one page of well spaced type for both victims and seems rather cursory in nature, compared to autopsy reports on victims of violent crime where the circumstances of death are far from clear in the US or other Western countries. Perhaps it is only a summary but it seems entirely consistent with what was described as the autopsy findings on Thai TV by the police pathologist in charge.

The report says that both Hannah and David died from violent blows to the head with a blunt instrument that caused wounding consistent with the hoe that was found nearby.

DNA traces of a Mr C were found on Hannah's nipples and semen with DNA from a Mr B and Mr C were found internally.

Nothing is mentioned about the multiple incision or chop wounds on David's head or upper torso or the obvious difference in the wounds to each victim that the pathologist ascribed to the same blunt instrument as murder weapon.

This report is absolutely ridiculous. David his wounds were NOT caused by the hoe, how can somebody write that down? Believing this, is the sames as believing pink elephants just landed in UFO,

Okay, accepted. Which begs the question if both were attacked at the GH by 4 perps wouldn't there have been a lot of evidence in the room? A lot of noise?On the assumption that the initial RTP investigation was on the right track, wouldn't they have visited the GH to examine the rooms? To question the staff? Other guests? And reported by them, as was their want. Or has this been buried by them and the staff at the GH?

So, why I can imagine such a scenario we don't have anything to substantiate the OP's post, nor do we have anything but hearsay, and no-one stepping forward to corroborate the story.

What could be interesting is if the Brits visited the GH on their visit, which would be a natural thing to do, and found anything that could explain how the victims ended up on the beach. The postmortem carried out at BKK would have revealed many aspects that have not been released to the media, but certainly reviewed by the Brit forensic guy.

Agreed completely but I also think the Gray Wulf scenario is very plausible and very near the truth, the key is probably in this sentence:

"They were assaulted in the hostel I.e David was rendered unconscious ( this has also been told to Army by very scared staff)"

Unfortunately, nobody will speak up, of course not, it will get you killed! But it should be no surprise the KT community (not only Burmese) all seem to know who were the real culprits, yes it is hearsay & speculation.

This report is absolutely ridiculous. David his wounds were NOT caused by the hoe, how can somebody write that down? Believing this, is the sames as believing pink elephants just landed in UFO,

not trying to be funny, and not an RTP apologist, but are you qualified pathologist to make such a statement ?, did you physically examine the bodies yourself ?....as always comments like this are giving the RTP glee club ammunition to start posting their normal drivel

it would be best just to say, one assumes the British coroner will have a translated copy of this report,and he/she will agree or disagree with the findings of this report at the inquest.

by saying the wounds are consistent with what was reported or they are not consistent and if they are not, then the RTP will have some explaining to do

• Like 2

Agreed! However also IMHO the Gray Wulf scenario is probably very close to what happened......Yes, I know, it is all speculation & hearsay.....still the key probably lies in this sentence:

They were assaulted in the hostel I.e David was rendered unconscious ( this has also been told to Army by very scared staff)

Of course they will not speak up, it will get you killed. This crime will not be solved, it will always remain speculation & hearsay. I am afraid the B2 will get killed soon by suicide!

I saw an interview with the mother of this boy who died on koh tao, she said she was told he had fallen from his hillside villa down the rocks and drowned in the sea, when she went to identify the body she said there wasn't a mark on his face which she found very strange as he had fallen down the rocks.

The British pathologist reported that it was conceivable that Nick Pearson had been attacked before drowning. They probably can't go too far in openly disagreeing with Thai police, since they only get the bodies some time later and after having been interfered with and cleaned up again by Thai police.

It does sound very much as if Nick was severely battered about the head either in his room or on the beach before being thrown in the sea and left to drown. Katherine Horton was also brutally murdered this way after being raped in Koh Samui and some still doubt they convicted the right men in that case.

This is clearly a tried and tested way for local thugs in the Samui islands to murder people with a good chance that their deaths will be classified by slip shod police pathologists as pure drownings following a cursory autopsy. Perhaps David and Hannah were actually first battered somewhere else and dragged to the beach for accidental drownings that went wrong when perhaps David came round and fought them, prompting the thugs to hold him down while one of them inflicted multiple stab ones to quiet him down. Or perhaps David heard Hannah's screams on the beach and came to her assistance. The spot where the bodies were found is easily within ear shot of the Ocean View Bungalows where they were staying. If they were battered there, some one would have heard the screams. The Ocean View Bungalow rooms on Booking.com seem to be only fan rooms for backpackers. So the screams would not have been drowned by the aircon.

Whatever you make of this, there seems to be a high degree of probability that there are murderers at large in Koh Tao who are very confident that they can get away with battering people that plss them off and leaving them unconscious in the sea to drown without any fear of arrest and prosecution. You never know how you might suddenly anger them or how spaced out they might on drugs or alcohol. Drugs are ubitous in Koh Tao and the business is controlled by the plain clothed and uniformed mafias. People are killed in Thailand for stepping on some one's toe. Best to take your holidays somewhere else.

Edited by Dogmatix
  • Like 2

Looks like Koh Tao is suffering again. A Swiss snorkeler has been missing now for over 24 hours off Sairee beach. Search currently in progress. No link as its from the PhutetWan

No disrespect for the Swiss guy, but the island and its powerful mafia should suffer in eternity!!

Not being or meaning to be frivolous.

But I am very surprised that ''suicide'' ( a pronouncement so beloved by the Thai police farce force) hasn't as yet been mentioned in connection with the victims deaths in this horrendous murder case.

Not being or meaning to be frivolous.

But I am very surprised that ''suicide'' ( a pronouncement so beloved by the Thai police farce force) hasn't as yet been mentioned in connection with the victims deaths in this horrendous murder case.

Maybe the RTP on Koh Tao never received that memo from BKK headquarters..

• Like 1

not trying to be funny, and not an RTP apologist, but are you qualified pathologist to make such a statement ?, did you physically examine the bodies yourself ?....as always comments like this are giving the RTP glee club ammunition to start posting their normal drivel

it would be best just to say, one assumes the British coroner will have a translated copy of this report,and he/she will agree or disagree with the findings of this report at the inquest.

by saying the wounds are consistent with what was reported or they are not consistent and if they are not, then the RTP will have some explaining to do

The RTP reported that David's DNA was not on the hoe. They believed there was another blunt instrument used in the attack. A baseball bat? Then the story changed from the 24th September, and by the time of the re-enactment only the hoe was used.

Agreed! However also IMHO the Gray Wulf scenario is probably very close to what happened......Yes, I know, it is all speculation & hearsay.....still the key probably lies in this sentence:

They were assaulted in the hostel I.e David was rendered unconscious ( this has also been told to Army by very scared staff)

Of course they will not speak up, it will get you killed. This crime will not be solved, it will always remain speculation & hearsay. I am afraid the B2 will get killed soon by suicide!

The only known facts are that the victims were found dead on the beach. Until someone comes forward to say what happened elsewhere, the B2 will remain in prison.

Really ? And can you give me any good explanation why the killer would return to the island now ? Especially when B2 has denied they had anything to do with it?

Here's the reason: Ko Tao is now known as being safe for rapists and murderers, if you're well-connected. Does that answer your question?

That is just a BS excuse. Especially now , any suspects returning will be investigated, and not by the local police .

• Like 1