Pattaya Police Chief begins investigation into Tim 'Sharky' Ward

webfact

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

from his facebook page he is the new police

"Part of my new role as a reformed less aggressive Pattaya citizen will be helping out you guys who find yourselves in trouble while in Pattaya.. If you have any kind of drama while here in Pattaya, contact me here on Facebook.. Or just call into Bobby's Bar and Hotel on Thappraya Road in Jomtien.. Have a beer and say hello.. "

does someone steal your wallet or are u smoking something on the beach and get harassment by the police?have no fear he will get there in no time on a flying beer

Wow what did Niels Colon give him......valium or did someone give him his dummy back!! anyway what a complete turn around of events......hes gone from saying(ranting) what a bunch of corrupt thieving w ankers the BIB are then we see a lovely smiling photo op with the enemy and then only good words about them and believes they are trying there hardest to catch the corrupt cops(there friends) that may have planted drugs or stole his money/gold.... so they only have to say they will look into there colleagues(friends) actions and hes as happy as larry............so really was just a big misunderstanding and the BIB are actually not corrupt or lazy or etc etc as stated by him many times before.......something very strange has happened as a total so called by himself anti establishment rebel has now completely turned around and theres no sign of the gold/money yet unless he has secretly been promised he will get it back if he shuts up now... then i could understand the change but even in that case hes a hypocrite....if thats not the case and hes not been promised or got it back already then i would say hes a total hypocrite and full of shit pretending to be this one man army and hes rolled over and joined the game..............this new job seems to be working with the BIB or the BIBS farang runaround boy Niels Colon,in that case we might see him in one of those nice Volunteer uniforms in walking st soon!.....good luck with the new career.

To be honest, I don't think this guy is really an anti establishment - anti authority - anti anything , as he wants to make people believe. If you watch the video about his "tough" confrontation with Police you will notice a foreigner crew (probably an australian or kiwi media ) filming the whole "show" . This is the only reason why our hero is still alive nor in prison. He's not that ''I don't give a f ### '' guy as he wants we believe..Far from it. He is very smart and careful about what can and cannot do instead. Before starting his battle campaign against thai police/thai governament he took care to warn the media making them come to Pattaya to film his tirade at police station....Very smart act. He knew very well that police would not do anything because of a foreign media cameras. Thai police doesn't need any bad advertising. The guy got 100,000 followers in his facebook page, he has flooded the web with dozens of links about the possibility of being killed by police (" If I end up dead with a bullet in my head , it was not suicide" , etc.etc.) , so put yourself in police shoes ... They get what they want , his money and his silence ...for now. And about our tough guy , I really hope he has finally realized that :

1) There's nothing wrong to admit that he was afraid of being gunned down by police.

2) Anyone ,at any police station of the world would be able to scream and rant having a foreigner camera crew behind his shoulder ready to report what's going on....

3) He's lucky we are now in the "internet age". Living myself in this country for more than 30 years I can easily say that 20 years ago, same thing happened to Tim would have had a different ending...

More than a tough anti-establishment guy I see him like a very skilled journalist/computer expert . He has a future as writer - popularizer....

Yes i guess you are right as the film crew came in especially to film it as they have some website or something and are following his escapades so he had to ham it up a bit.

I think hes just wanting attention again as was a "face" in the Gold Coast and was in the scene but when came to Thailand/Pattaya then was a nobody really........people only got to know about him or talk about him in the first place as he stuck out as wore his massive gold trinkets and walks constantly up and down the beach road....people said he will lose his gold and he said he will not but by hook or by crook(police/burglar) it has gone!!!

In the UK there is a celebrity "Gangster" by the name of Dave Courtney and this Sharky character reminds me of him......a crim and anti establishment but enjoyed being on talk shows and in magazines etc etc and would do something naughty (like punch someone) every so often to keep himself in the spotlight........about 90% of what Courtney says is the truth and the rest is just exaggerated or made up to make him look crazier/tougher than what he actually is or more interesting..i had a mate like that....would get into fights most weekends but would say he took on 4 guys or beat the living daylights out of someone but the truth was actually not quite that but i guess he thought it made him look harder if bigged up the story which he didnt need to do as was a respected toughnut anyway but he lost some respect as got caught out with his lies....i suspect Mr Shark is similar as some of his stories seem to change depending who he telling as on facebook may say one thing then in interview or you tube say another thing and the story changes slightly,its quite easy to catch a liar out that way as they forget parts of the story but internet and media can catch you out quickly now unless you stick to exact story each time!!........this Dave Courtney wrote a book but in it he said he had killed somebody and got away with it..supposedly a hitman who was going to kill him,complete bullshit but must have thought it made him look tougher but he didnt need to say that as book was interesting with all the real stuff but he actually attracted attention of the police with the bullshit then complains police are watching him or raiding his house.

Tim says he now has a job but seems the only way he will get paid is by helping these foreigners who get in trouble and getting paid a percent to help get them out of it,so same as drew noise(noyes) and colon(colov) and it must be very lucrative as hes forgotten all about his gold and money so BIB must have told him he will in short time get more money than they stole by working together and bringing them new customers..ooops i mean poor unfortunate victims of crime that they can help!!...........i think thats quite low really and on same par as being a grass and not something an anti authority/police "rebel" should be proud to tell all his followers.........hes joined the enemy and seems content with that,surely he knows Colon the police volunteer boss is not a popular or respected guy in Pattaya..............the real rebel would tell them to stick it up there jacksy but maybe he likes the idea of wearing a uniform and patrolling the beachfront..it will be getting chilly in the night soon so he might fancy the idea of wearing a shirt(uniform shirt) instead of bare chested.

I dont know Sharkey but i like rebels and upfront straight talkers which he seemed to be at first but with unnecessary stabbings of wimps and suchlike then seems he may be a bit of a bully..no one likes a bully do they? and now joining with the BIB then i think his bad boy reputation is going down and not up and presume all this "media" whoring is for attention but its now starting to make him look a <deleted> as seems you not quite what you profess to be..sorry Mr sharkey but you seemed to have sold out

he also seems to know who some of the posters here are too, and is posting their faces on his facbook page

I don't understand, what is his purpose in doing that ?

Anyone ?

Just wondering why he would be posting pictures on his facebook page of people who post on ThaiVisa ?

Yes I know Dave Curtney , there's also a song about him performed by a punk-hardcore group from California , Rancid.

I agree about the exaggerations of these wannabe gangsters but I don't think we can compare people like David Courtney or Carlton Leach ( Rise of the footsoldier) with the maori robocop Tim "Sharky".

Too easy being a tough guy in Pattaya, where most of the residents are old expats looking for a quite life or tourists looking for sexual adventures. I wonder how many years , months or days our hero would last in a city like London, Liverpool, Birmingham, etc.etc...No surprise he has become an hero for some residents in Pattaya.

I always thought that a true tough guy doesn't need to advertise himself , most of real tough guys I met in Thailand (Pattaya and Bangkok) never exposed themselves in a such stupid way ...Tim's internet pages (facebook , blogs , website , etc...etc...) are full of "how strong am I" , "how tough am I" , "how brave" , etc.etc ...well it could be....but facts seem to say otherwise.

How do you call a man who , despite his big muscles , needs to stab an old'n'fat canadian teacher to win a fight on the beach road ? And then advertising it on a social network like he had defeated a former SAS soldier ?

Sorry for his fans but this story has made it clear once again about the nature of the man...

He knows very well he will never get back his gold or his money,he knows that the ammount stolen was the price he had to pay for his stupid behaviour .... As I said before...Do you like to play the maori-robocop-crazy-gangster game ? No problem, it gonna cost you a milion baht ....What ? You don't want to give us ? No problem, we're gonna take it , in one way or another ...And only then we'll be friends again....

he also seems to know who some of the posters here are too, and is posting their faces on his facbook page

Anyone ?

Just wondering why he would be posting pictures on his facebook page of people who post on ThaiVisa ?

To scare them perhaps !! then they and others wont talk bad about him....seems to have worked as very quiet here now.

Anyone ?

To scare them perhaps !! then they and others wont talk bad about him....seems to have worked as very quiet here now.

That would work as we know how nice and friendly a loan shark can be

Yes I know Dave Curtney , there's also a song about him performed by a punk-hardcore group from California , Rancid.

I agree about the exaggerations of these wannabe gangsters but I don't think we can compare people like David Courtney or Carlton Leach ( Rise of the footsoldier) with the maori robocop Tim "Sharky".

Too easy being a tough guy in Pattaya, where most of the residents are old expats looking for a quite life or tourists looking for sexual adventures. I wonder how many years , months or days our hero would last in a city like London, Liverpool, Birmingham, etc.etc...No surprise he has become an hero for some residents in Pattaya.

I always thought that a true tough guy doesn't need to advertise himself , most of real tough guys I met in Thailand (Pattaya and Bangkok) never exposed themselves in a such stupid way ...Tim's internet pages (facebook , blogs , website , etc...etc...) are full of "how strong am I" , "how tough am I" , "how brave" , etc.etc ...well it could be....but facts seem to say otherwise.

How do you call a man who , despite his big muscles , needs to stab an old'n'fat canadian teacher to win a fight on the beach road ? And then advertising it on a social network like he had defeated a former SAS soldier ?

Sorry for his fans but this story has made it clear once again about the nature of the man...

He knows very well he will never get back his gold or his money,he knows that the ammount stolen was the price he had to pay for his stupid behaviour .... As I said before...Do you like to play the maori-robocop-crazy-gangster game ? No problem, it gonna cost you a milion baht ....What ? You don't want to give us ? No problem, we're gonna take it , in one way or another ...And only then we'll be friends again....

Theres no doubting Sharky is a character and a tough cookie..he was a face in the Gold Coast and ran a successful loan sharking business which i expect he had to be quite ruthless at times so was probably well respected by many there but i think coming to Thailand then probably felt like a small fish in a big pond instead of his big fish in small pond status in the Gold Coast ..... no one gave him respect here and there lies his problem........so all this internet <deleted> and media interviews is to big himself back up into being a local celebrity(face)......i actually also prefer the real tough guys who dont bully and show off and talk about themselves,thats real character i think but some guys thrive on attention and feeling they tougher than others and Tim happens to be one...........in london,manchester,liverpool etc then i guess he wouldnt act like he is here but he knows Thailand is more lenient....for that silly knife attack on the teacher who just made some snide comments then he would get a few years for that in most other countries so he likes the fact he can pay the police and that they are corrupt but doesnt like it when they steal his money or set him up ......you cant have it both ways !

At first i thought fair play to him for not taking it lying down but then the total rollover and deciding if you cant beat them so join them is really going to make him lose a lot of respect from his friends/fans/followers and rightly so......Police now have him on side to help fleece other Foreigners,they happy sure......being there lacky even if paid well is not a job for an anti authority tough guy looking for more respect,i dont think hes thought it through properly and Colon has persuaded him as he is a crim now thriving on his own connection status,probably made it sound glamorous but Colon is not a respected hardman in anyway,hes a lacky . Next step is FPV..but it would be funny to see sharky in a Volunteers uniform,Oz authority would be amazed at amazing Thailand then!

Theres no doubting Sharky is a character and a tough cookie..he was a face in the Gold Coast and ran a successful loan sharking business which i expect he had to be quite ruthless at times so was probably well respected by many there but i think coming to Thailand then probably felt like a small fish in a big pond instead of his big fish in small pond status in the Gold Coast ..... no one gave him respect here and there lies his problem........so all this internet <deleted> and media interviews is to big himself back up into being a local celebrity(face)......i actually also prefer the real tough guys who dont bully and show off and talk about themselves,thats real character i think but some guys thrive on attention and feeling they tougher than others and Tim happens to be one...........in london,manchester,liverpool etc then i guess he wouldnt act like he is here but he knows Thailand is more lenient....for that silly knife attack on the teacher who just made some snide comments then he would get a few years for that in most other countries so he likes the fact he can pay the police and that they are corrupt but doesnt like it when they steal his money or set him up ......you cant have it both ways !

At first i thought fair play to him for not taking it lying down but then the total rollover and deciding if you cant beat them so join them is really going to make him lose a lot of respect from his friends/fans/followers and rightly so......Police now have him on side to help fleece other Foreigners,they happy sure......being there lacky even if paid well is not a job for an anti authority tough guy looking for more respect,i dont think hes thought it through properly and Colon has persuaded him as he is a crim now thriving on his own connection status,probably made it sound glamorous but Colon is not a respected hardman in anyway,hes a lacky . Next step is FPV..but it would be funny to see sharky in a Volunteers uniform,Oz authority would be amazed at amazing Thailand then!

Totally agree.... He can't complain about Police's curruption now when few years ago he himself corrupted them .

He cowardly stabbed a man , runned away , he paid police to avoid jail and anything was fine...Now Police no good.

I bet soon we'll see the new Pro-Police campaign on the net by Mr. Tim Sharky , new pictures of him smiling with thai police authority....Who knows if he realized that he had an extortion by Police.....

Are you sure he was arrested? Regardless, he reported he was taken away for 2 hours then told there was a misunderstanding and released. Despite them initially claiming drugs were found in the apartment.

Yes initially arrested and detained for 2 hours because of drugs, it turned into "misunderstanding" when he started to Demamd drug tests and finger prints of the pipe

This is his statement!!! In the CCTV it looks more they take him with for write a Report about the burglary!!! thumbsup.gif

A ARREST Looks very different for me!!!

On CCTV I saw also Sharky take a small bag with. Why him don't put his Gold & Money inside this before... MEEENNN MAK!!!!

There is NO report of burglary.

When someone is detained against their will for 2 hours it becomes and arrest.

He was detained because they supposedly found drug taking pipe in his bedroom, which never made the evidence, coincidentally there is no report of such pipe or him being detained or questioned.

It has become a "misunderstanding"

Then again, as Sharky says, where is the search warrant which allowed them to search his apartment?

He invited them in to investigate a burglary, remember?

who does this fish think he is? how do u advert that your a hooker protector for hire then try to get work as a sex tourist roid head who wants to now help ''farangs'',

Red snapper u just got taken for mucho money, we need your help? u need other then your own help sharky. only in Thailand I say do hmans let them selves get this stupid, perhaps will see some great red snapper action sooner then later, my guess is dear mr sharks now has a bib atm on his head, only a matter of time before act two starts.

who does this fish think he is? how do u advert that your a hooker protector for hire then try to get work as a sex tourist roid head who wants to now help ''farangs'',

Red snapper u just got taken for mucho money, we need your help? u need other then your own help sharky. only in Thailand I say do hmans let them selves get this stupid, perhaps will see some great red snapper action sooner then later, my guess is dear mr sharks now has a bib atm on his head, only a matter of time before act two starts.

I really hope he will find another place to stay as soon as he can, Cambodia,Vietnam or Laos (not South America, he wouldn't last long there ) ,really hope for him...Despite the "happy ending" he remains an easy target for Police . At the end he's just a "never grow up child" with big inferiority complex , not a real criminal or gangster. I would not be surprised to find out that he is half impotent or has some other sexual issues,(small penis, very premature ejaculation,etc.etc.) that's the reason why he floods the network with photos of cheap prostitutes who seem to love him madly.....

If he had not stabbed that old canadian teacher, I would feel sympathy for him....

I think this gets to the crux of it. That photo op was Pattaya's BiB giving Sharky a face-saving exit, and he took it. Now he'll never get his gold or money back because of their "investigation". Incredible story.

My thoughts exactly. He may even bat for the other side, with the pictures being a beard. Can anyone confirm that he has did anything more with those women than just pose for pictures?

I really hope he will find another place to stay as soon as he can, Cambodia,Vietnam or Laos (not South America, he wouldn't last long there ) ,really hope for him...Despite the "happy ending" he remains an easy target for Police . At the end he's just a "never grow up child" with big inferiority complex , not a real criminal or gangster. I would not be surprised to find out that he is half impotent or has some other sexual issues,(small penis, very premature ejaculation,etc.etc.) that's the reason why he floods the network with photos of cheap prostitutes who seem to love him madly.....

If he had not stabbed that old canadian teacher, I would feel sympathy for him....

My thoughts exactly. He may even bat for the other side, with the pictures being a beard. Can anyone confirm that he has did anything more with those women than just pose for pictures?

yes he had tea and cookies with them

I suggest you seek help before its too late

Just another example (slygeeza) of how much Sharky's not getting deported must seriously eat up the usual haters. It's a joy to see all that hatred and insinuation well up to the surface.

Yes agree.....its very strange how he thinks people will go to him to help them when he cant even get his own gold/money back........if people see a pic of him with police handing his gold/money back then he might have a few takers.........i cant see that ever happening unless he goes and buys some more gold himself and then asks for a photo op with a couple of coppers holding the gold then he can say online that he got it back then he looks like the winner otherwise im afraid the "one man army" lost this battle bigtime and has now joined the enemy...........i dont know how he can spin that to make him look good...his criminal mates in Oz must be wondering &lt;deleted&gt; he is doing,his gold/money is stolen,smiling pics with cops and now going to work with the BIB....maybe hes a changed man overnight or i think he knows he cant beat them so going to join them,anyway whatever money he had(exaggerated by him i would guess) does not last forever and he spending and not earning it seems so i think he really needs some dough can be the only reason to work with them........ but how the friends/followers can still respect him now i dont know..he built his whole persona on being anti authority so in the end is it all fake? Cops 2 sharkey 0

Just another example (slygeeza) of how much Sharky's not getting deported must seriously eat up the usual haters. It's a joy to see all that hatred and insinuation well up to the surface.

Daffy i think slygeeza was suggesting somchaismith get help before its too late and not Sharkey as somchai has gone off on a gay tangent...so relax just a bit ......many people would love to see the shark beat the police but already looks like its all over,just a little misunderstanding amongst criminals..they have all made up and sharkey can stay(if he keeps his mouth shut about them which as he now joined them then he will)

This guy's been kicking around Pattaya for years, anyone know what he does for cash?

Work permit? Real job? He seems to just go to the beach and walk around all day with no shirt on.

Apparently he claims to charge bar girls 500 baht a week and in return he offers them protection from there punters, basically a PIMP, not my words but his.

Apparently he takes care of 350 girls so thats 175000 baht a week tax free. No wonder the police are pissed at him, hes treading on there toes.

Go to you tube and type in Tim Ward and then watch his video named pimp, its all there.

So, no work permit, no visible [legal] means of support.

Ship his pathetic, ugly, troglodyte, steroid-filled ass back to Oz. {Hey Tim, if you're reading here, bet you had to look up "troglodyte", didn't ya?}

He's admitting on Youtube he's breaking the law, I hope the creep gets deported.

LOL....you best hope. He may soon show up on your doorstep, after that blasting.

@daffyduck

Do you take the time to "think critically" before posting dribble above like this? He brought the dislike on himself after the knifing incident! Those of us who live in Thailand believe once someone shows violent behavior they are more than likely to do it again. Most people do not want individuals in the expat community who behave like this, something that should be easily understood.

I guess you envy him because he is able to have sex with prostitutes so you can see the photos of them on his facebook? When you visit Thailand you will learn that anyone can do this with as little as 500 baht. It is not a difficult feat worthy of admiration but as easy as buying water in 7-11.

As far as the deportation process, I would not be gloating that it won't still happen as the legal wheels in thailand turn slowly. I would not be surprised if some people have sent some of the photos he has posted and pimp confessions to the Bangkok immigration, dsi or MICT.

It's funny how being critical of haters immediately gets turned into "you must envy him for sleeping with prostitutes" or similar extremist ridiculousness.

It's quite simple - I like the guy because he is one of the colorful characters that gives Pattaya color and personality, and because he usually doesn't take any crap from anyone, and last but not least, because he managed to overcome this current situation, much to the chagrin of those who wish him Ill.

Fact is, those posters on several fora who were practically dancing on his grave and gloating over his pending misfortune are now forced to clench their fists, grit their teeth, and compose ever more ridiculous allegations and insinuation - showing pure schadenfreude over such miscalculation does not mean I envy him.... but if it makes it easier for you to process your narrative, by all means, please maintain that view, for your own sake.

Daffy i think slygeeza was suggesting somchaismith get help before its too late and not Sharkey as somchai has gone off on a gay tangent...so relax just a bit ......many people would love to see the shark beat the police but already looks like its all over,just a little misunderstanding amongst criminals..they have all made up and sharkey can stay(if he keeps his mouth shut about them which as he now joined them then he will)

My mistake if I got the attribution and quote messed up - it appeared from the way it was shown in my forum reader that slygeeza was the one with the gay tangent, and somchaismith was responding to him. If it is the other way around, apologies all around, and switch the names ;-)

I agree that Tim Sharky, the maori robocop from New Zeland , is another folk from the big Pattaya Muppets show ...Just like a man I saw many times driving a bike full of gadgets with a TV on his back, or that paceful golden guy dressed with sparkling jacket riding his bicycle (don't see him anymore), or another one going around with a nurse leggings and a neck chain full of baby's dummies....That's Pattaya. All these people got obvious problems , but since they do not hurt others they can play or dress or say whatever they want.....Enjoy the show .wai2.gif

my rants on this situation involve no hate, the dude to me seems like a cool guy void the stabbing, I mean lets face facts there is a thing called roid rage, and on his youtube videos he says he takes a special pill just so his balls keep making testosterone as balls become lazy when u the additional testosterone he takes,, he seems knowledgeable to all but the fact of were he is currently.

perhaps he's making the best of the free thai slong that's up his sharker (sharky shitter) , as even the thais say '' in the end thai people gonna win'' so if you brag about money making illegally or seem to be getting away with something in the long run your gonna have to pay in the land of smiles, if I had the money, and I had the money coming in this guy claims he does, and the bib took my money and were gonna let me continue to stay in the country and carry on id smile too, its only money after all, so maybe that's his outlook which aint bad.

Its always hard to tell whats going on via thai on farang isssues but the winner is obvious and Thailand already has a tourist police, only thing sharky has in common with them in my eyes is they both wear the same clothes every day. whistling.gif

red snapper red snapper.

• 1 year later...

Confrontation

direct questions

accusations made in public and backed up by firm evidence.

These are all things the RTP are unused to dealing with. Mr Sharky is doing a useful job in exposing the weaknesses of this organisation and gets my support (although no way in person, I am not that brave) for what it is worth.

The more people shining lights in dark places the better, whatever their character, lifestyle or motivation. You need to see the cockroaches to deal with them.

• 3 months later...

Archived