Chiang Rai authorities getting ready for influx of tourists to Phu Chi Fah

webfact

Chiang Rai authorities getting ready for influx of tourists to Phu Chi Fah

CHIANG RAI, 14 November 2014 (NNT) - Locals in Thoeng District of Chiang Rai province are coming up with plans to accommodate tourists who want to travel to the Phu Chi Fah mountain this upcoming December.

Workers from an engineering department of the Tab Tao Subdistrict Administration Organization in Toeng District are quickly cutting the grass and removing the weeds covering the roadside of Highway 1155 in a bid to clean up the landscape.

Highway 1155 traverses across the Pracha Pakdi Village and eventually merges with Road 1093, the 10-kilometer route leading to Phu Chi Fah, a major tourist attraction in the province.

Temperatures atop Phu Chi Fah have dropped to as low as 10 degrees Celsius, drawing thousands of tourists to the area to witness the ‘sea of fog’, wild flowers, and ethnic tribes living atop the mountain. Around 300,000 tourists, both Thai and Foreigners, are expected to visit the province in December, prompting authorities to provide tents and camp sites as well as clearing up the parking lot areas before they arrive.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-11-14 footer_n.gif

Thais flock to the North every year to enjoy the cold weather. If you don't believe me just try booking a hotel or campsite.

Granted it may not be wild backcountry camping but it is still camping.

Lan%2BHin%2BTaek%2B%2B005.jpg

(Full disclosure: this is Phu Hin Rong Kla not Phu Chi Fah but it is representative of campsites in National Parks.)

Edited by villagefarang

All they need now is a balcony at the end for the visitors from Phuket and Pattayatongue.png

Phu Chi Fah is just one of the many splendors of Chiang Rai province. Our weather and natural beauty brings visitors from far and wide, with many of them returning year after year. I always look forward to this joyous time of year.

Family%2520Day%2520%2520008.jpg

This is very much worth going to and seeing at least one time if you are in the area. The last time I went on the way back there was a Thai guy aged about 40 who lived 5 kilos away who had never gone. What a shame to be so close to something so wonderful and never see it. I have been around the world and seen a lot of stuff but this is with no doubt in my top 10 of the coolest natural things I have seen.

The road between Thoeng and Chiang Khong is not finished yet but it is coming along nicely, even if a bit slowly. Much of it is divided highway and I saw them paving new sections just the other day. Some of the side roads, like the one which passes our house, are in need of resurfacing but development always takes precedent over repair.

• Like 1

beautiful circuit to travel

puchifà doi patang chiang khong chiang seng.

if continue from phucifà for 30 40 km

have this nice area phu sang national park

where also the accomodation guest house hotel

are much more beautiful and new than puchifà

and the jungle and the view are fantastic

https://www.google.it/search?q=phu+sang+national+park&biw=2553&bih=1255&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=15lpVJ2dOoHVOt2SgYgI&sqi=2&ved=0CDYQsAQ

the waterfall is close to the street just 50 mt walking

and the area is good for picnic with food available there

september many thai people with dress was swimming there in this river and waterfall

in winter sure not

puchifà doi patang until 8 years ago was not paved

nice the view from puchifà but the area don't have tree

and the small town still don't offer too much food or samething to do

to make me think will be nice to sleep there

different the are of phu sang get more interesting about the accommodation for the night

Edited by siriweith