Thai Irrigation Dept. assures there is enough water for consumption

webfact

Royal Irrigation Dept. assures there is enough water for consumption

BANGKOK, 18 November 2014 (NNT) – The Royal Irrigation Department has said there is enough water for consumption and the ecosystem at present, after it has stopped supplying water to farmlands.

Farmers have been advised not to grow off-season rice despite the recent rains. The rain is expected to stop completely by the end of this year, and farmers would be at risk of an impending drought crisis, if they were to grow their crops.

The department is only supplying water from several major dams for domestic consumption, waterworks, and to keep the ecosystem intact. Farmers have been advised to only grow crops that need less water, as the amount of water released daily from all the four major dams combined is around only 16 million cubic meters.

Under the drought prevention scheme, rice paddies located within the vicinity of the irrigation systems in the North, Northeast, and Central regions will not receive a sufficient amount of water for farming.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-11-18 footer_n.gif

Royal Irrigation Dept. assures there is enough water for consumption.

I'll drink to that!

You better store some also.

Whenever I hear a government department assuring me for something, I'm always very weary of what they say.

Get ready for water cuts.

If anyone in Thailand says there's enough water, start stocking up your 5 litre bottles from Tesco now ...

Our condo has its own well so I do not have to follow the Pied Piper of promises of course the day will come when I flush the toilet and it will not make that whooshing sound as it disappears. If its yellow let it mellow if its brown flush it down. We will soon return to the hunter gatherer stage and life will do a complete circle jerk.