Poll finds people happier under NCPO leadership

Lite Beer

"Nearly 50 percent of the respondents said they felt happier and more secure under the care of the NCPO"

Was this result decided before or after the poll was taken?

​What am I saying?

It's a poll…….they are always predetermined.

Edited by Bluespunk

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nearly 50% 555 which means just over 50% think otherwise !!

28% said the NCPOs performance wasn't disappointing ?

Okay I'm not too bright at maths but doesn't that leave 72% that thinks it Is dissapointing?

The Thais sure do make some convoluted polls !!

"The Thais sure do make some convoluted polls !!"

The Red supporters do make some convoluted assumptions.

That's the same logic all Reds use on this forum. "If you aren't Red, you must be Yellow". Wrong! Just because someone doesn't feel a particular way in a poll doesn't mean they feel the opposite. Typical 'Red' reasoning skills (or lack of). There is no gray area for you guys. You're like Geo. Bush after 911, "You're either with us or against us". Really, there are some people who are genuinely neutral or agnostic.

"Okay I'm not too bright..."

I can't argue with that.

Edited by rametindallas
  • Like 1

You guys are never happy. Lets put it another way, we can either have a civil war or the army can take control and try and keep everyone from fighting each other? Civil liberties are suppressed and its not a democracy, but what is the alternative in the short term?

67 odd million in the country, and they think 1,200 odd people is a representative sample?

When we get to see larger numbers of people polled, know what the questions are and how they are worded, and are assured it's an even sampling over the entire country then I might start to believe these polls.

Until then, every single poll and it's results I've seen here are just a complete and utter waste of time.

I did a quick poll myself (using a representative sample of foreigners here in Thailand, i.e. me) and the conclusion was inescapable ... 100% of me believes that these polls are complete and utter bullshit. The secondary conclusion was that there are approximately 80% of Thai's that DO believe these polls. Very interesting results from a very exhaustive and indepth poll.

I agree with you that how a question is asked has a strong influence on the outcome. Also that the sample needs to represent people from all walks of life and location. But your comment that the sample size is too small is not correct statistically. The sample size of 1252 in a population of 65 million will give you this result of 50% plus or minus 3.6% in 99% of the time if you had polled the entire population.

Yes, you and whybother are correct, I didn't word my post very well.

However, if I'm reading their results correctly they are claiming a margin of error of 1.4% which is not correct given population numbers and numbers polled.

Margin of error http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Margin_of_error

And for those of you who thing the poll is phony for the start

Sampling bias http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sampling_bias

Poll finds people happier under NCPO leadership

I'm not.

I am.

Just stopping the bleeding from the money losing Rice Support Scheme has made me happier. Going after the rich resort owners who illegally built in the national parks, cleaning the vendors off the beaches and footpaths, getting (most of) the mafia out of the motorcycle taxis business, firing political appointees from regulatory boards, ending the failed school tablet program, getting the police to confiscate many, many war weapons, etc. has also made me happier.

One must take this with a pinch of MSG. However who care's what they are happier under. Like pondering do you like full on corruption or a dictatorship.

Thailand isn't really worth bothering about the people are not going to ever come up with a better magic merry go round than the one they have been on for a thousand years who cares.

Edited by smellthecoffee

"Nearly 50 percent of the respondents said they felt happier and more secure under the care of the NCPO"

That is more then 43% that voted for the last government. Big difference is this result does not suit the PTP agenda ergo this majority will be denounced or disrespected.

Thus is the logic of PTP supporters.

Another white lie from our friend djjamie!!

In the last election (1person/1vote)

PTP got 15.744.000 votes= 48.41%

Democrats got 11.433.000 votes= 35.15%

PTP won 265 seats (250 needed for a majority)

And you still want us to believe, that a poll conducted on 1200 persons is more reliable than the votes of 28 Million people??coffee1.gif

Excuse me....Excuse me..... but in your team breakdown of votes above, you neglected to say how many of he votes from each team were sincerely felt votes of thinking individuals and how many of he votes were purchased votes

First of all please provide proof of the reds buying votes!!

Secondly Abhiisit conceded defeat, despite amending the electorol laws in Feb 2011 in a desperate attempt for the Democrats to win an unwinable election.

Thirdly. The EC tried their very best to help their old friends, the Democrats, but even they had to accept, that the result was legally correct.

So all in all I think we can call it a fair election!!

How Thai tycoon Thaksin bought his way to power

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-KEwNQMQrw

All political parties do it. Thaksin was better at it.

67 odd million in the country, and they think 1,200 odd people is a representative sample?

When we get to see larger numbers of people polled, know what the questions are and how they are worded, and are assured it's an even sampling over the entire country then I might start to believe these polls.

Until then, every single poll and it's results I've seen here are just a complete and utter waste of time.

I did a quick poll myself (using a representative sample of foreigners here in Thailand, i.e. me) and the conclusion was inescapable ... 100% of me believes that these polls are complete and utter bullshit. The secondary conclusion was that there are approximately 80% of Thai's that DO believe these polls. Very interesting results from a very exhaustive and indepth poll.

According to some, 5 students protesting in Khon Kaen represents the majority.

According to some "All the people I know don't like the Junta" represents the majority.

Yet when there is a poll that has proven for over 100 years to be a gauge of what the majority want it is dismissed.

PTP logic right there folks.

"Yet when there is a poll that has proven for over 100 years to be a gauge of what the majority want it is dismissed."

I'm intrigued, what is this 100 year poll you are referring to?

And you still want us to believe, that a poll conducted on 1200 persons is more reliable than the votes of 28 Million people??coffee1.gif

Excuse me....Excuse me..... but in your team breakdown of votes above, you neglected to say how many of he votes from each team were sincerely felt votes of thinking individuals and how many of he votes were purchased votes

Secondly Abhiisit conceded defeat, despite amending the electorol laws in Feb 2011 in a desperate attempt for the Democrats to win an unwinable election.

Thirdly. The EC tried their very best to help their old friends, the Democrats, but even they had to accept, that the result was legally correct.

A youtube video about Thaksin,by something called Journeyman Pictures. Is that the only evidence you can find? Nothing by a news organization?

According to some, 5 students protesting in Khon Kaen represents the majority.

According to some "All the people I know don't like the Junta" represents the majority.

Yet when there is a poll that has proven for over 100 years to be a gauge of what the majority want it is dismissed.

PTP logic right there folks.

In your crusade against anything red, you clearly have never considered, that there probably are quite a few yellows, who would rather see an elected government than a "D"addy-ship??

I can imagine quite a few business-owners, who are not to happy with the current situation!!

And I will explain to you once more, this time very s l o w l y: Being anti-coup doesn't automatically make you red!!coffee1.gif

• Like 2

A youtube video about Thaksin,by something called Journeyman Pictures. Is that the only evidence you can find? Nothing by a news organization?

A request was made to provide proof of the reds buying votes. I did that.

Nothing by a news organization?

If I found a video produced by a news organization, your response would have been, "Nothing by and independent organization?"

BTW, if you pay attention at the beginning of the video it shows that it was broadcast on ABC Australia December 2010. ABC Australia vetted the video and found it credible so, the question to you is, Is ABC Australia a news organization?

Typical response from those who don't like the message; shoot the messenger.

Do you think we just fell off the cabbage truck? Vote buying in Thailand is well documented as being pervasive and systematic. Violence has also been used to keep opposition vote canvassers from buying votes in Red areas. Why would Thaksin decline to buy votes when his opposition is buying votes.

Edited by rametindallas

If I found a video produced by a news organization, your response would have been, "Nothing by and independent organization?"

BTW, if you pay attention at the beginning of the video it shows that it was broadcast on ABC Australia December 2010. ABC Australia vetted the video and found it credible so, the question to you is, Is ABC Australia a news organization?

Do you think we just fell off the cabbage truck? Vote buying in Thailand is well documented as being pervasive and systematic. Violence has also been used to keep opposition vote canvassers from buying votes in Red areas. Why would Thaksin decline to buy votes when his opposition is buying votes.

I didn't watch the video, I saw it was made by an organization I've never heard of, saw it was 20 or 30 minutes long, and decided I had better things to do. I prefer print media, and if you find a print media source that says there has been vote buying I'll accept it. If you find a print media source that says there has been vote buying on a scale to affect the outcome of national elections I'll be much surprised, and will have to compare their claims to those those of the Asian Network of Free Elections that declared the 2011 election legitimate http://www.voanews.com/content/asian-observer-group-commends-thai-election-cites-minor-flaws--125003034/141777.html.

By the way, questioning the source is not the same as shooting the messenger. And violence used to disrupt elections is not unique to the red side of the political divide. In fact, I'm pretty sure the thugs who succeeded in using violence and intimidation to invalidate the February 2014 election were not red shirts. You're not picking sides in this divide, are you?

I didn't watch the video, I saw it was made by an organization I've never heard of, saw it was 20 or 30 minutes long, and decided I had better things to do. I prefer print media, and if you find a print media source that says there has been vote buying I'll accept it. If you find a print media source that says there has been vote buying on a scale to affect the outcome of national elections I'll be much surprised, and will have to compare their claims to those those of the Asian Network of Free Elections that declared the 2011 election legitimate http://www.voanews.com/content/asian-observer-group-commends-thai-election-cites-minor-flaws--125003034/141777.html.

By the way, questioning the source is not the same as shooting the messenger. And violence used to disrupt elections is not unique to the red side of the political divide. In fact, I'm pretty sure the thugs who succeeded in using violence and intimidation to invalidate the February 2014 election were not red shirts. You're not picking sides in this divide, are you?

And violence used to disrupt elections is not unique to the red side of the political divide

No? It seems that every news account has been about violence by the Reds.

In fact, I'm pretty sure the thugs who succeeded in using violence and intimidation to invalidate the February 2014 election were not red shirt

The elections was invalidated by the Constitutional Court. Are the members of the CC, thugs? Of course, you Reds equate the courts with the Yellows unless the courts agree with you. Either you are ignorant of the circumstances of the invalidated elections or you are propagandizing.

You're not picking sides in this divide, are you?

I'm on any side that is against the kleptocracy of Thaksin and his many puppet governments. No happiness on my part watching Thaksin and his cronies rape the people of Thailand. Too much was never enough for Thaksin.

As for you not watching the video, you sure were quick to condemn it. It's really funny watching you try to defend the indefensible. LoL

And violence used to disrupt elections is not unique to the red side of the political divide

No? It seems that every news account has been about violence by the Reds.

In fact, I'm pretty sure the thugs who succeeded in using violence and intimidation to invalidate the February 2014 election were not red shirt

The elections was invalidated by the Constitutional Court. Are the members of the CC, thugs? Of course, you Reds equate the courts with the Yellows unless the courts agree with you. Either you are ignorant of the circumstances of the invalidated elections or you are propagandizing.

You're not picking sides in this divide, are you?

I'm on any side that is against the kleptocracy of Thaksin and his many puppet governments. No happiness on my part watching Thaksin and his cronies rape the people of Thailand. Too much was never enough for Thaksin.

As for you not watching the video, you sure were quick to condemn it. It's really funny watching you try to defend the indefensible. LoL

Ok, you're ignoring the fact that it was Suthep's minions that used violence and intimidation to disrupt the February 2014 election, leading to the Constitutional Court declaring the election invalid. You are also ignoring the fact that the violence and intimidation were reported in the news. Are you aware that you are wearing blinders, or are you ignoring that fact as well?

I'm on the side of democracy and elections, and against juntas. I'm also not a Red, I've repeatedly explained on other threads that the July elections, which would have taken place when the PTP was at a low point in popularity, would have shown a significant erosion in support for the PTP and the Shinawatras. It's quite possible they would have not been the party to gather the most votes, thus depriving them of power democratically. However this was not suitable for the military, Democrats, and quite a lot of posters on this forum. It seems a lot of people claim to support democracy, just not now.

Finally, I didn't condemn the video, I questioned its source. I also challenge you to show where I "try to defend the indefensible." If you had sound arguments on your side you wouldn't have to twist or invent facts.

Edited by heybruce
  • Like 2

Right. So almost half of the people are happy. Maybe they are. However, there is just a teensy-weensy problem with any of these polls. First of all, it is dangerous to speak negatively about this current government. Remember the warnings about negative postings on social media etc? Arrests for three fingered salutes or putting tape on your own mouth. Even reading Orwell's books or eating a sandwich in public can land you in bother. Dissent will not be tolerated. It's a fact at the moment.

So, when groups aligned to the current regime conduct 'polls', I think most people realise who's making the polls and are perhaps, oh...I dunno...afraid of telling the truth? Despite this, over half may not be happy with them. Which speaks volumes.

There is only one true poll. It's called a free election. Instead of releasing patronising (I think it's too late to try North Korean tactics on the Thai electorate..sorry) everyone with these rigged polls, stand for election if you're so convinced that everyone loves you. The reason they never will is obvious. They don't need to, but it would be more pleasant an experience for them if you liked them. Hence, nonsense like this every few days.

• Like 1

That is more then 43% that voted for the last government. Big difference is this result does not suit the PTP agenda ergo this majority will be denounced or disrespected.

Thus is the logic of PTP supporters.

Of course, a very large number of that 48.41% who voted for the government should never have had the vote, they were reds, uneducated, violent, couldn't recite the "principles of democracy" on demand - we all know the contempt which djamie holds for anyone, Falang of Thai, who doesn't subscribe to his version of democracy.

No doubt all those 1200 who were polled are amongst those who deserve the vote.

Any way, I don't think you could say he was lying, he doesn't seem to believe in all this election and voting malarky

Edited by JAG
  • Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Just a thought but what if a poll came up with some really negative figures would the company concerned risk publication or maybe just ' tweak ' them ?

They wouldn't be published

Long way to go to match the Kims.

jbGeome.png

maybe closer than you think. Kim has 100% and dear leader around 94% just a few more to round up and ship off the attitude adjustment laboratory and everything will be on par.

Yet another poll offering " proof " of popular support - leading to intense discussion of the polling techniques employed

on TV. For all those who find this poll a legitimate reflection of public opinion, suggest they tell us why Thailand should not

employ the internationally accepted method of determining what the people want - namely, the system created by the ancient Greeks called " democratic elections"? To paraphrase Sir Winston Churchill, democracy is hardly perfect, but nothing else has worked! :)

A poll is an internationally accepted method of determining what people want. But that question wasn't asked in this poll.

Its a total waste of Time debating with fools who think the landslide wins were rigged-

The truth is the Reds won one after the other and won well -

As they would in future were voting ever allowed.

The "reds" didn't win the 2007 election. They needed to put a coalition together to form government.

Okay I'm not too bright at maths but doesn't that leave 72% that thinks it Is dissapointing?

That's the same logic all Reds use on this forum. "If you aren't Red, you must be Yellow". Wrong! Just because someone doesn't feel a particular way in a poll doesn't mean they feel the opposite. Typical 'Red' reasoning skills (or lack of). There is no gray area for you guys. You're like Geo. Bush after 911, "You're either with us or against us". Really, there are some people who are genuinely neutral or agnostic.

I can't argue with that.

Yes indeed but you are making an assumption that I'm a red supporter I don't care for either side to be honest and I don't really care for military rule where so many recent statements from Prayut and the Junta just keep defying logic!!

Now back to my maths less than 50% is an important figure watch it in the coming months

As for the 28% of the poll happy of course it's been spun out due to the other answers available

It's all leading questions designed to achieve the same results.

It's like asking a man in death row

Your choice of death?

A= lethal injection

B= electric chair

C= hung by the neck

The choices are moot as the end result isn't going to change the execution.

It's like a telephone survey at the end of a transaction you have to have a proper scale to judge not something that has already been decided due to the type of questions asked ?

I can't argue with that.

Yes indeed but you are making an assumption that I'm a red supporter I don't care for either side to be honest and I don't really care for military rule where so many recent statements from Prayut and the Junta just keep defying logic!!

Now back to my maths less than 50% is an important figure watch it in the coming months

As for the 28% of the poll happy of course it's been spun out due to the other answers available

It's all leading questions designed to achieve the same results.

It's like asking a man in death row

Your choice of death?

A= lethal injection

B= electric chair

C= hung by the neck

The choices are moot as the end result isn't going to change the execution.

It's like a telephone survey at the end of a transaction you have to have a proper scale to judge not something that has already been decided due to the type of questions asked ?

I think you fail to understand why these polls are published. They are designed to give the anti-Junta citizens the sense that they are in a small minority and they should just give up and go with the flow. These polls are pure propaganda designed to keep the public quiet and acquiescent. The particular questions, how they are phrased, etc. are immaterial to the outcome of the polls. There's a certain level of inevitability built into the poll results so, since you are in the minority and you have absolutely no chance to effect your own outcome, then just give up and give in.

p.s. it is a great distraction to argue the merits of polling, how questions are phrased, etc. It keeps many from seeing the bigger picture.

• Like 1