Korean man dies after falling from Bangkok condo

webfact

Korean man dies after falling from Bangkok condo
By Coconuts Bangkok

udomsuk_0.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Police say they don’t know what led a South Korean man to fall from the 20th floor of a Bangkok condo Friday.

The man, whose name was withheld, was found dead after falling 20 stories and striking a car parked in front of the condominium near BTS Udomsuk in the capital's Bang Na district.

Police talked to his roommate, who reportedly said they pair were visiting the kingdom as tourists for one month.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co//2014/11/24/korean-man-dies-after-falling-bangkok-condo

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2014-11-24

• Like 1

They need to hand out parachutes at the reception in these places. Or no balconies / opening windows like Las Vegas.

Ha ha ha.

Good morning sir. Your room is on the 20th floor here is your key and your chute however if you upgrade to the penthouse on the 21st floor that chute will come with a reserve chute just in case.

:D

• Like 1

There should be a media rule that every balcony fall be reported with the height of the railing on said balcony.

I think the mystery would be solved pretty quickly.

The railing on my own apartment balcony is too low. It's dangerous to anyone accustomed to a nanny state balcony with proper height requirements.

Add a little holiday alcohol, a little horsing around and some holiday behavior...

That's the second one in a month at that condo building as well- got a friend who lives there, he said after the last one the monks came round, blessed and cleansed the place. Guess it didn't work.

Cheaper than extending the height of the railings, I guess.

• Like 1

They need to hand out parachutes at the reception in these places. Or no balconies / opening windows like Las Vegas.

Ha ha ha.

Good morning sir. Your room is on the 20th floor here is your key and your chute however if you upgrade to the penthouse on the 21st floor that chute will come with a reserve chute just in case.

biggrin.png

Then again - would you ever trust a parachute folded in by a random Somchai crazy.gif.pagespeed.ce.dzDUUqYcHZ.gif

• Like 2

Is it Thailand that makes one feel hopeless or are these people feeling hopeless and then go to Thailand

I suspect foul play in many of these deaths.

I am so depressed I will buy an air ticket, fly to Thailand and jump off a building or balcony.

Thats got to be bull dung.

Not gonna happen.

Drugs and or criminals involved!

It seems murder has been old news, enjoy your holiday in LOS.

The curiosity is that for the vast majority of tourists Koh Tao is safe, at least by the perilous standards of Thailand.

In the last 12 months 362 Britons died in Thailand, more than did so in France, which attracts nearly 20 times more British tourists. This is partly down to Thailand’s younger tourist demographic but also the country’s treacherous roads.

• Like 1

I live in that condo,the Police ARE treating it as a possible murder.

The previous death was a poor 15 year girl,who landed very close to my window. Most or all? condos there don't have a balcony and the window openings are quite high.

This is the 3rd such incident in this block,we're moving out on Sunday.

R.I.P to them all

I live in that condo,the Police ARE treating it as a possible murder.

The previous death was a poor 15 year girl,who landed very close to my window. Most or all? condos there don't have a balcony and the window openings are quite high.

This is the 3rd such incident in this block,we're moving out on Sunday.

R.I.P to them all

sometimes, peoplel are just plain stupid also

the rails in many of the Thai hotels and condo's are hopelessly too low to protect anyone but a child

apparently, the adults are supposed to know better

post-214613-0-09830900-1416860472_thumb.