Sale price of 2014 Z1000 green black and silver

Badrabbit

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I did some long trips on a Speed Triple (like London to Rome and back) with tank bag and side bags. Had some great times. I had an aftermarket screen which I have to say was ugly as f*#k but also made a big difference to comfort.

Touring's fantastic when you're not trying to meet any time deadline and the sun is shining. It can be miserable as hell - not matter what you're riding - when it's pissing with rain and you *have* to cover some miles, come what may.

Keep the Z, get some bags, do some trips in the impending good weather and then take stock.

• Like 1

I did some long trips on a Speed Triple (like London to Rome and back) with tank bag and side bags. Had some great times. I had an aftermarket screen which I have to say was ugly as f*#k but also made a big difference to comfort.

Touring's fantastic when you're not trying to meet any time deadline and the sun is shining. It can be miserable as hell - not matter what you're riding - when it's pissing with rain and you *have* to cover some miles, come what may.

Keep the Z, get some bags, do some trips in the impending good weather and then take stock.

Yes the sun and the road is calling!

If your not prepared to lose money you have a very low chance to sell it. I sold my 2013 z1k for 420k and it took almost 6 weeks. Paid 590k and had some extras which cost about 30k. Reason i sold it too heavy for me and not enough wind protection.

btw there were a few [2013s] that sold just below 400k

• Like 1

If your not prepared to lose money you have a very low chance to sell it. I sold my 2013 z1k for 420k and it took almost 6 weeks. Paid 590k and had some extras which cost about 30k. Reason i sold it too heavy for me and not enough wind protection.

Then I won't be selling it, I'm not desperate to sell, if people don't think a saving of 100k that's over 2000 English pounds, it's a bargain and there loss, I love the bike, it's awesome, I have just got the urge for moving around, not sure about doing it on the Zed!! Edited by Badrabbit
  • Like 1

Then I won't be selling it, I'm not desperate to sell, if people don't think a saving of 100k that's over 2000 English pounds, it's a bargain and there loss, I love the bike, it's awesome, I have just got the urge for moving around, not sure about doing it on the Zed!!

I wasnt desperate either but when I want to move on then i do. The price will of course keep declining for at least 5 years. You might be better keeping it for around town and just buy your second touring bike. I have 3 bikes and other modes of transportation so im covered.

Then I won't be selling it, I'm not desperate to sell, if people don't think a saving of 100k that's over 2000 English pounds, it's a bargain and there loss, I love the bike, it's awesome, I have just got the urge for moving around, not sure about doing it on the Zed!!
I wasnt desperate either but when I want to move on then i do. The price will of course keep declining for at least 5 years. You might be better keeping it for around town and just buy your second touring bike. I have 3 bikes and other modes of transportation so im covered.

I'm sure someone will see the huge saving on such a great bike, it will stay advertised but I'm quite happy to keep it!

if people don't think a saving of 100k that's over 2000 English pounds, it's a bargain and their loss,

It is not that...it is the market is what the market is.

Does not matter what one paid matters only what others are selling for.

It is no loss for them as they know today they are available at X price.

As Yankee pointed out

It is good if your happy to keep it as the first loss (the one that paid new) is always the greatest

especially in cost per kilometer when selling soon after buying.

If you wait 4-5 years you will still lose a lot but at least you have had those years of enjoyment

& that is worth something.

Edited by mania
  • Like 1

if people don't think a saving of 100k that's over 2000 English pounds, it's a bargain and their loss,

It is not that...it is the market is what the market is.

Does not matter what one paid matters only what others are selling for.

It is no loss for them as they know today they are available at X price.

As Yankee pointed out

It is good if your happy to keep it as the first loss (the one that paid new) is always the greatest

especially in cost per kilometer when selling soon after buying.

If you wait 4-5 years you will still lose a lot but at least you have had those years of enjoyment

& that is worth something.

Yes I agree with this!

I too think the panniers look better than the top box. And badrabbit is right, he can drop a big bag on top which will partially rest on the panniers.

I went on a dive trip once on my cruiser with side bags, I dropped my huge bag with my dive gear on the back and off I went.

Was the best weekend ever, got my riding and my diving fixes together in a few days!

i really cannot imagine though that many bags and panniers and stuff on the back of a naked with a tiny pillion seat!

also cannot imagine carrying diving equipment on a z1000 too!

If a bag on top of panniers than a tail bag is also a good solution IMO, check it out:

Sw Motech Speedpack Tail bag, 90 liters, plenty of room.

http://shop.sw-motech.com/cgi-bin/cosmoshop/lshop.cgi?action=showdetail&wkid=141697219229315&ls=en&nc=1416972215-29446&rubnum=products.1252674507.hecktaschen&artnum=BC.HTA.00.301.10000&id=1&gesamt_zeilen=Tshowrub--products.1252674507.hecktaschen&typid=160477562

sw-motech-speedpack-evo-hatso-taska-rend

speedpack-wide.jpg

givi has one as well:

givi-xs305-tail-bag-fitted.jpg

• Like 2

That looks like a nice set & will double as a nice backrest.....needed for touring.

Bad they also make kits to extend your forks higher . I have a 2' rake & was able to lower my bars to give a more upright position which you may want or not pending how you want to relax. I also bought an awesome Gel pack from the states that really doubles your amount of time without suffering on your ass on longer trips.

2 more must have items to die for in touring & city are a cruise control(I bought the Cadillac of Cadillac cruise control from Throttlemeister in the states & it has been worth every dollar of it. I use the cruise even in the city to take some of the hard snap back the throttle has. & the other is a rubber cushion grips that absorb the bounce in the road surface. If you can't find some of the items here you need PM me & I will send you a list of U.S sources that will send out here to deck your bike out. Now your on the fun part. Setting your bike up is great cause you get to design the way you want to ride.

That looks like a nice set & will double as a nice backrest.....needed for touring.

Bad they also make kits to extend your forks higher . I have a 2' rake & was able to lower my bars to give a more upright position which you may want or not pending how you want to relax. I also bought an awesome Gel pack from the states that really doubles your amount of time without suffering on your ass on longer trips.

2 more must have items to die for in touring & city are a cruise control(I bought the Cadillac of Cadillac cruise control from Throttlemeister in the states & it has been worth every dollar of it. I use the cruise even in the city to take some of the hard snap back the throttle has. & the other is a rubber cushion grips that absorb the bounce in the road surface. If you can't find some of the items here you need PM me & I will send you a list of U.S sources that will send out here to deck your bike out. Now your on the fun part. Setting your bike up is great cause you get to design the way you want to ride.

Cheers beardog, I don't want to spend anymore money on the bike as it was bought with the intention of keeping it a maximum 6 months, I can't think of anything bad to say about the bike apart from the Rock hard suspension but it's okay as I only drive it short distances, the bike is advertised, if there are no takers now then it will be advertised again at 6 months, I hope to go away on it as soon as the weather settles down, I wish I had the money to keep this and buy another bike just for touring but alas I'm not wealthy!! Edited by Badrabbit

Thanks to everyone that has posted replies, love the bike, love driving it! It's awesome but I have decided that I do want to downgrade to a smaller engine size bike and a more suitable bike for touring, the bike will be kept for a maximum 6 months unless someone buys it before then, It's advertised for a great price, I have seen one advertised for 570k so I am sure 525k ono will be very attractive to someone, when I bought the bike the criteria was that I would be able to buy a new bike from the sale of the Zed hopefully this will be the case, I have heard that the second hand market is bad but if you are looking at buying a new Z1000 it will cost you 599k plus 24k insurance, mine also has 20k extras, if that is not a bargain I don't know what is, anyway cheers again for all the Input from other posters, safe riding too all!!

Thanks to everyone that has posted replies, love the bike, love driving it! It's awesome but I have decided that I do want to downgrade to a smaller engine size bike and a more suitable bike for touring, the bike will be kept for a maximum 6 months unless someone buys it before then, It's advertised for a great price, I have seen one advertised for 570k so I am sure 525k ono will be very attractive to someone, when I bought the bike the criteria was that I would be able to buy a new bike from the sale of the Zed hopefully this will be the case, I have heard that the second hand market is bad but if you are looking at buying a new Z1000 it will cost you 599k plus 24k insurance, mine also has 20k extras, if that is not a bargain I don't know what is, anyway cheers again for all the Input from other posters, safe riding too all!!

advertised ≠ sold.

"I am sure 525k ono will be very attractive to someone"cheesy.gif

Usually figure ~ 20% depreciation on day one of purchase, for any vehicle, so 480,000baht once the greenbook is in your name.

Hard to accept, but true.

That is why 1.5 year old ones go for 400k.

That is why I buy 2nd hand.

Edited by papa al

You keep telling everyone its a "great price" and "a bargain" which is a good sales pitch! A bargain is a 2013 special edition which sell second hand between high 300s and low 400s. Which in 2015 should be the price of a 2014. GLTS

Sadly as stated before the market decides & it has decided recently

with all the new models available that Used prices shall be cut drastically.

As for mods....they are a wash. These days any mods you do you have to assume is a wash/zero return

The only option to this is sell the mods separately & sell the bike stock.

Even then the mods must be priced at 50% of new to sell.

Lastly another big problem here is the majority of Thai's who buy bikes that sell for above 200k use financing

provided by the dealers. I can honestly say I do not know 1 Thai who cashed out a bike (especially used )

that costs over 200k

As such a person selling a newer used bike for cash is looking at a tiny buyers pool

You will notice when the Thai's sell a slightly used bike it is almost always a small down back to the buyer

then take over existing payments.

Thai's buy these even though many times the price is not great. But it is do-able for them as it

is a small cash outlay + payments

Anyway good luck to you & you never know....but the reality most have seen here is a large loss

on any sales of fairly new used bikes.

Sadly as stated before the market decides & it has decided recently

with all the new models available that Used prices shall be cut drastically.

As for mods....they are a wash. These days any mods you do you have to assume is a wash/zero return

The only option to this is sell the mods separately & sell the bike stock.

Even then the mods must be priced at 50% of new to sell.

Lastly another big problem here is the majority of Thai's who buy bikes that sell for above 200k use financing

provided by the dealers. I can honestly say I do not know 1 Thai who cashed out a bike (especially used )

that costs over 200k

As such a person selling a newer used bike for cash is looking at a tiny buyers pool

You will notice when the Thai's sell a slightly used bike it is almost always a small down back to the buyer

then take over existing payments.

Thai's buy these even though many times the price is not great. But it is do-able for them as it

is a small cash outlay + payments

Anyway good luck to you & you never know....but the reality most have seen here is a large loss

on any sales of fairly new used bikes.

Cheers for that! Edited by Badrabbit

Buying a new expensive bike with the goal of selling it 6 month down the road is the most expensive way of ownership you can choose.

A used 2-4 year old bike is better to buy if you intend to sell it quikly again but as mania correctly pointed out, not many Thais have that kind of money in the bank for that and new bikes are launched all the time now at much lower prices than we ever seen before in Thailand which help pushing the used bike prices down.

If not keep it for 4-5 years minimum as with cars/trucks and you get the most out of it.

Buying a new expensive bike with the goal of selling it 6 month down the road is the most expensive way of ownership you can choose.

A used 2-4 year old bike is better to buy if you intend to sell it quikly again but as mania correctly pointed out, not many Thais have that kind of money in the bank for that and new bikes are launched all the time now at much lower prices than we ever seen before in Thailand which help pushing the used bike prices down.

If not keep it for 4-5 years minimum as with cars/trucks and you get the most out of it.

Yes the bike will be kept if no buyer at my price, never had a problem selling bikes before and at a decent price until now!

As for Thai's not having money, I have had a few Thai's turn up to buy with wads of money!!

Edited by Badrabbit

I have never looked at what the market says when buying something, I Buy at what I consider to be a fair price and usually it is a bargain, people look at markets because they are not interested in buying anything at a fair price all they want is to acquire it as cheap as possible(which is not wrong, if I was a person looking for a bike such as mine, I would bite his hand off at seeing a price close to 100k off new price, this is me, obviously others are not in the same mind! no problem it's a great bike, fantastic to drive and gets a lot off attention, I'll be away on a long trip soon!

You only need 90K and a guarantor to ride a brand-new Z1000 out of the dealership- obviously it doesn't make the best financial sense in the face of being able to buy a barely used one for a good discount, but that's what a lot of people would choose (mostly through necessity).

Personally, I'd come up with 600K for a new one before buying a used one for 525K (even if it had a few mods) for a variety of reasons- the price would have to be more attractive for me to consider it.

• Like 2

You only need 90K and a guarantor to ride a brand-new Z1000 out of the dealership- obviously it doesn't make the best financial sense in the face of being able to buy a barely used one for a good discount, but that's what a lot of people would choose (mostly through necessity).

Personally, I'd come up with 600K for a new one before buying a used one for 525K (even if it had a few mods) for a variety of reasons- the price would have to be more attractive for me to consider it.

What's considered attractive?

I kind of agree with both of you, if I was on a market for such a bike, I would have really considered it, but since you said ONO, I would probably pay something closer to 500K. Of course if you want to get a 500K, you should ask more to start with. All this is considering I've been following your facbook posts even before you got your bike, so it is safe to say that the bike is in a perfect condition. I wouldn't trust buying an expensive bike with mods from a Thai.

What RSD said is also true, I don't know how much the attractive price is, that will probably vary from one person to another. That's why I've decided to go with a brand new bike too. I can save a few hundred thousand baht buying a few years old bike, but all of them I've seen are full of mods I don't care for or don't want, they don't add value to the bike, that's how I see it. I decided since I'm buying this expensive bike, may as well pay a little more and get a brand new and not worry about any possible / hidden issues.

I kind of agree with both of you, if I was on a market for such a bike, I would have really considered it, but since you said ONO, I would probably pay something closer to 500K. Of course if you want to get a 500K, you should ask more to start with. All this is considering I've been following your facbook posts even before you got your bike, so it is safe to say that the bike is in a perfect condition. I wouldn't trust buying an expensive bike with mods from a Thai.

What RSD said is also true, I don't know how much the attractive price is, that will probably vary from one person to another. That's why I've decided to go with a brand new bike too. I can save a few hundred thousand baht buying a few years old bike, but all of them I've seen are full of mods I don't care for or don't want, they don't add value to the bike, that's how I see it. I decided since I'm buying this expensive bike, may as well pay a little more and get a brand new and not worry about any possible / hidden issues.

Cheers, yes everything I own and have owned is and has been immaculate, I have sold many cars and bikes here with no problem mainly because I always sell at an attractive price plus everything is in pristine condition, this bike is no different, everyone I have sold to has been very very pleased and gone away very happy!!

I can understand people wanting to get something as cheap as possible, they won't get it from me, a fair price is a fair price whatever the so called market says!!

Edited by Badrabbit

i really dont mind paying 20 percent less for a low km new model bike.

but if it is not less than 20 percent. i consider buying a new one.

moreover, you get a free 1st class insurance if you buy a 3-4 months old bike which is also around 15 k thb.

if there are some good mods on the bike, such as sliders, a good exhaust, rearsets, they are always plus for me.

Last Dec. I bought an immaculate (11 months old; 1600km.) farang owned bike at 40% less than the original buyer paid.

Two months ago I bought an immaculate (4.5 months old; 550km.) cy for 43% less than the recalled to Europe buyer paid new.

People tour on bicycles. I have.

People tour Thailand, Cambodia, etc., on 125-150 cc bikes. I do.

I smile when people whine that their liter bike is inadequate.

You can spend thousands on schmancy boxes and bags, but

papa al can attest that a duffel & 2 bungees works spiff.