Sale price of 2014 Z1000 green black and silver

Badrabbit

Im surprised a mod moderator hasnt locked this for sale thread and told the op to use the classifieds-help-wanted-and-personal-ads section. 872 views is way more hits then he would get in the classifieds so all is good.

My intention wasn't too post a for sale thread as such, I wanted too know people's opinion of what the bike was worth as I had no idea, maybe the mods recognized this! 872 views is that correct? Edited by Badrabbit

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just out of curiosity, where are you going?

Thailand is not that big, if you starts in say BKK you can be in Changmai same day or Phuket if you goes south.

An acttrative price for a buyer can normally be had when the seller is desparate to get rid of his bike, needing money, leaving Thailand or whatever.

Well you don't sound desparate so enjoy your trip on the Zed and keep the rubber side down.

It will be a trip up to Prachup Kiri khan, then maybe Surat Thani! I'm not desperate to sell just concerned about practicality of a sport bike on a long trip!

First you want to go touring and now you talk about a two hour ride.

Keep the bike.

Just out of curiosity, where are you going?

Thailand is not that big, if you starts in say BKK you can be in Changmai same day or Phuket if you goes south.

An acttrative price for a buyer can normally be had when the seller is desparate to get rid of his bike, needing money, leaving Thailand or whatever.

Well you don't sound desparate so enjoy your trip on the Zed and keep the rubber side down.

It will be a trip up to Prachup Kiri khan, then maybe Surat Thani! I'm not desperate to sell just concerned about practicality of a sport bike on a long trip!

First you want to go touring and now you talk about a two hour ride.

Keep the bike.

Give me a chance to get used too it mate, start out with small rides then progress onto longer drives!! Prachup Kiri Khan is not a 2 hour drive unless you are in a jet fighter! Edited by Badrabbit
  • Like 1

just keep it and get blaze panniers and a wind screen for cheap. i see no reason to change it with a tourer - and i believe you followed that route before:) -

you will not be travelling around the globe.

This thread has spurred me into getting panniers instead of using a small addidas bag .

attachicon.gifblaze-panniers-kawasaki-z1000-2014-rails.jpgattachicon.gifblaze-panniers-kawasaki-z1000-2014.jpg

Just a couple of notes about soft panniers. I see that you posted pictures of ones with a brace...that's the best way to go! If you are a bit OCD about things aligning, don't be surprised if you spend an inordinate amount of time adjusting them so they line up just so. Few of them are water resistant; even though you could get the spray for the ones that aren't you are still looking at water egress at the zippers. A lot of times the adjustment straps will be flapping in the wind unless you have enough slack to wrap them around themselves. If the setup you purchase has a quick release system, that's a point of failure to worry about and something that hangs off your bike at night when you take the bags inside. If you run the straps over the seat as shown, you make an uncomfortable perch for a pillion rider. Ran under the seat you have to be able to reach the seat release and take it off every time you want to take the bags off.

The good thing is that they are deformable; meaning if you accidentally sideswipe another vehicle they don't break. They are also lighter so that less weight throwing off the feeling of your bike. Also they are cheaper.

I only point this out because I had purchased a set of Nelson Riggs semi-soft bags and discovered it on my own. Wish I would have had someone point this out to me before dropping the money. I personally think that getting the Givi hard panniers is a better option.

The Blaze panniers are 14l, expandable to 21l.. So you have effectively 42l worth of space. Should be enough for a month of touring.

They look great on the Z1k too

That road from Prachuap to Surat is a shocker smile.png

You don't go with a Thai woman?

Mine had filled up both the 33L side panniers, 52L top box and a backpack. She was casting eyes on my tank bag also...but that is where I draw the line! It's bad enough I have to perch the backpack on top of it and restrict access to it.

Will order the Blaze panniers next week .

My mate in bkk popped in yesterday and noticed loads packed up ready for delivery .

Let us know when you have the panniers and what you think of them, I still haven't made my mind up about them, tried the backpack, didn't like wearing it at all, wanting to go away soon now the weather seems to be settling down.

Hello,

For the type of riding you describe, I highly recommend the Honda NC700X.

A friend of with lots of experience my says its the best bike he ever owned.

Cheers mate, yes I have a friend who has the new NC750 and he raves about it, it's true I would like to change to a more dedicated bike for long distances but to be honest I love the Z1000 so much I would struggle to actually part with it so soon unless someone pays my asking price, if not sold the bike will be kept for maybe 6/8 months, then hopefully sold, at some point luxuries like the Zed will have to go to make way for medical and accident insurance as I am not far away from the ripe old age of 60, had a great life driving some amazing bikes and cars, it's not a problem, I love driving all bikes whatever the size of engine.

Here is the perfect bike for you.

Honda 700X DCT with all the travel kit.

http://bangkok.craigslist.co.th/mcy/4784472610.html

attachicon.gif700x.jpg

You could pick this up and say, a Forza for in town for the price of the Kawasaki 1000, no?

Are you familiar with the Forza 300?

Cheers mate your post and suggestions are appreciated, after much thought and after talking to the gf and friends I have decided that the Zed will be the last big bike I will own in Thailand, more important things other than owning an expensive luxury have surfaced, I am saving for the first medical and accident insurance premium which will be taken out shortly before my 60th birthday which is in March 2016, the insurance is not cheap, the Zed will now be kept for the next 6 months so I can use it and enjoy it, and wow what a bike, the best bike I have ever owned, I have a Honda click as well which will eventually be changed for maybe the PCX150, with a top box I can certainly travel long distances, I love all bikes whatever the engine size so looking forward to the future, I have been here 6 years with no insurance other than accident insurance with no problems, I always intended to have insurance after my 60th, peace of mind and having the backup of medical cover is far more important to me than owning this luxury, love it and will love driving it for the next 6 months. Edited by Badrabbit

Those panniers are not 9900 baht but 12900 due to panda not updating their website .

Kawasaki Pattaya are trying to organise stocking them.

Watch this space .

TIT ; (

Typical Thailand, I won't get them but good luck with them if you decide on the purchase!