Just got kicked out of thai with valid visa

They don't make up their own rules however every Country reserves the right to allow entry.

A valid visa is not automatic right of entry. Even if they don't like your aftershave they can refuse you entry.

Are you saying that all the IO's all over Thailand go by the same rules? I can see a lot of TV members having a good laugh at this.

Every Country's immigration policy has the same rule. If they don't like you, you're not coming in. Visa or no visa.

I see your point, but we are talking about 'rules' here, not just one rule.

The rules for obtaining a visa and extension of stay are all the same. The conditions required to grant an extension of stay may be enforced more strictly by some officers because they may be suspicious. Such as sham marriages etc. every Country is the same.

If someone doesn't like you they aren't going to help you. How many clowns do Immigration have too deal with on a daily basis? Clowns shouting about their rights etc.

• Like 1

• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two double entry tourist visas, 4000 baht, 4 extensions 7600 baht for a total of 11,600 for 360 days versus the cost of enrollment in a school, plus ED visa and cost of extensions.

Hi Wayned,

Sorry but it's not correct : What about the travel & hotel expenses to apply to your visa and the visa runs ? If you go to Cambodia or Laos...is the visa free to enter these countries ? More or less the cost is the same...

Also with an ED Visa, you can open a bank account (more easily), get a driving licence and I heard you can also do some part time jobs (not sure about that).

Have a nice day

Edited by Chapi Chapo

Very interesting thread. Makes me wonder which group of expats will be next to face stringent crackdowns. Retirement maybe? All those alcoholic wrecks living on pensions in Pattaya and elsewhere, it wouldn't surprise me at all if the financial requirements are raised significantly in the near future.

I read on another thread one American claiming one immigration officer didn't accept a simple statement from the US embassy about having adequate income but was asking for proof.

The op complained he couldn't prove the required income. He insisted a simple statement without proof had always been accepted before.

He was asking for help on how to stay in Thailand.

The government is targeting abuse in many areas.

Those of us here on correct visas will benefit.

People on "correct" visas will benefit? Really? How, pray tell?

Especially when immigration does not accept what the rules say they must accept. For many years I used the affidavit of income without any problem. It was legal. Why is that abuse?

Legal if the sworn affidavit is true.

Rumors that many people swear false statements about income.

Technically borrowing money to meet the 800,000 isn't illegal but against the intent. This may also change.

They are tightening rules to enforce the intended use of the visa.

Whether or not I agree with it, right or wrong, I can understand that they can refuse you entry into Thailand. However, since you are not "officially" in Thailand you should be able to choose your alternate destination, not return to your home country.

IMHO I suspect that the only reason that they have not cracked down on multiple back to back tourist visas is the negative impact that it would have on the tourism industry. They are forcing those that are long term residents, possibly working illegally, to go the tourist visa route to stay here! I often wonder why people would go the ED visa route and enroll in an expensive school only stay here when double entry TVs are available in neighboring countries without paying enrollment fees and triples in most home countries.

Two double entry tourist visas, 4000 baht, 4 extensions 7600 baht for a total of 11,600 for 360 days versus the cost of enrollment in a school, plus ED visa and cost of extensions.

I was told in Penang just yesterday that ONLY three Tourist Visas are allowed in one year.

Very interesting thread. Makes me wonder which group of expats will be next to face stringent crackdowns. Retirement maybe? All those alcoholic wrecks living on pensions in Pattaya and elsewhere, it wouldn't surprise me at all if the financial requirements are raised significantly in the near future.

What about 2M baht for an alcoholic wreck visa?

There already is - the 3M฿ Investor visa w00t.gif

Wrong !!! Its now 10 Million THB.

Johnny why don't you call Walen and get him to sort it out. If he can he'll be a hero.

Maybe he'll give a prorated refund?

cheesy.gif

Okay, maybe not.

I think refunds are the last thing on Mac's mind at the moment. He's waiting for that knock on the door.

He may not like the OP publicly staring the Op enrolled at the school purely for the visa, didn't attend classes, on visa for 7 months, 2 extension.

The school owes nothing if the student pays and doesn't attend.

Immigration may be concerned how non attending students are getting extension.

Yeah, it's called fraud.

Assuming the IO decides to crackdown on extension of stay based on retirement. How would they determine that the individual is not actually retired but working in Thailand? Pot belly not big enough? Too fit? Too sober? Unable to fall asleep sitting on a bar stool?

I have travelled in and out of Thailand at least 3 times since I got my extension renewed. No troubles each time. Maybe because it was a genuine extension issued at Jomtien immigration.

• Like 1

The OP must have been turned back at Suvarnabhumi unless AF have flights direct to CDG out of any other airports.

I wonder how much of his prior history of marriage, car and bank account ownership he shared with the IO? If his previous Non-O with (possible) extensions for marriage were in the same passport then it isn't a stretch to consider that a subsequent 8 months of ED visa with self-admitted non attendance is;

1 ) An easy option for someone wanting to stay longer in Thailand.

2 ) Clear visa fraud.

The difference between the two instances above is 1 ) is the overly simplistic way the OP (and probably hundreds of other ED abusers) see it, whereas 2 ) is the practical reality of his chosen easy option.

He will get a new passport but before rushing to get a TR visa and coming back here to work see the temples, he could mull over the benefits of the Thai Elite membership.

OMG! Did I just suggest a perfectly legal long-term stay in Thailand option out loud???

Edited by NanLaew

Wrong !!! Its now 10 Million THB.

Oh - is that one revoked too? facepalm.gif Well, at least the TE card is still available, if you're willing to front some bucks biggrin.png

Can see this happening in the future as even the Retirement visa gets abused as i have met people working on a retirement visa's without a work permit and people who have paid companies to sort out their retirement as they didnt have the correct amount coming into their account each month or the correct lump sum.

Just stands to reason it seem to be the only visa they haven't yet cracked down on and believe will be next. That will be a fun day on this forum when that happens.

I'm on one myself and I believe we'll see big changes coming in next year. Of course Thailand authorities are well aware some farang on retirement extensions are working without WPs. Also they are well aware of the "alcoholic wrecks" that sit around drinking piss all day; and they want them gone. Retirement extensions will be next, no doubt about it.

I read on another thread one American claiming one immigration officer didn't accept a simple statement from the US embassy about having adequate income but was asking for proof.

The op complained he couldn't prove the required income. He insisted a simple statement without proof had always been accepted before.

He was asking for help on how to stay in Thailand.

The government is targeting abuse in many areas.

Those of us here on correct visas will benefit.

People on "correct" visas will benefit? Really? How, pray tell?

Especially when immigration does not accept what the rules say they must accept. For many years I used the affidavit of income without any problem. It was legal. Why is that abuse?

Legal if the sworn affidavit is true.

Rumors that many people swear false statements about income.

Technically borrowing money to meet the 800,000 isn't illegal but against the intent. This may also change.

They are tightening rules to enforce the intended use of the visa.

You did not answer how you think this crackdown will benefit you. That's okay.

Here's what I think ( and I could be wrong):

After a few years of this "crackdown," with all the fake students, runners, and schemers gone and given up trying to get in, (not to mention the ongoing drop in "real" tourists) the head cheese of Thailand's immigration is going to notice that revenue has dropped by 50%.

Now, who do you think is going to be asked to make up for that drop?

Yep, people on "correct" visas.

And no, I'm not endorsing abusers, I just know how gooberments work.

• Like 1

Johnny why don't you call Walen and get him to sort it out. If he can he'll be a hero.

Why should he call Walen? He wrote he is studying at waleen and later repeated Waleen.

Google Waleen School Thailand only Walen comes up. Maybe the OP never ever went to the school just did the forms online or whatever he is French too so maybe a spelling mistake.

Mac is online and available for discussion.

Your post is correct ATP, but you are getting away from what I am talking about.

IO's all over Thailand do make up their own rules, some will do this, and some won't ie, if you are on retirement extensions, you can make your ninety day reports by post.

ChaingMai IO, stopped this and said 90 day reports must be made in person, (I am not sure if that is still the case). One chap was making his report, and was told he had to go and get a blood test done at a cost to him of 700Baht. All I am saying is, IO's should all have the same rules, as made by the Thai government, no complaint about that, but individual IO's should stick to them, no matter what mood they are in.

We have had a good debate, but it seems we must agree to disagree and leave it at that.

Why should he call Walen? He wrote he is studying at waleen and later repeated Waleen.

Google Waleen School Thailand only Walen comes up. Maybe the OP never ever went to the school just did the forms online or whatever he is French too so maybe a spelling mistake.

Mac is online and available for discussion.

ATF why don't you think the OP won't tell us, all his fans, what airport?

Edited by thailiketoo

Your post is correct ATP, but you are getting away from what I am talking about.

IO's all over Thailand do make up their own rules, some will do this, and some won't ie, if you are on retirement extensions, you can make your ninety day reports by post.

ChaingMai IO, stopped this and said 90 day reports must be made in person, (I am not sure if that is still the case). One chap was making his report, and was told he had to go and get a blood test done at a cost to him of 700Baht. All I am saying is, IO's should all have the same rules, as made by the Thai government, no complaint about that, but individual IO's should stick to them, no matter what mood they are in.

We have had a good debate, but it seems we must agree to disagree and leave it at that.

Did you actually believe that anyone was really told they had to do the 90 day report in person or get a blood test?

I completely understand you and for that reason I have always used a professional to handle my visa obligations.

• Like 1

ATF why don't you think the OP will tell us, all his fans, what airport?

Absolutely no idea.

Since he has been asked a number of times and no response I would assume he is a troll making up the story. It would be too easy to check if we knew the airport.

It could be a troll post but at least it served a purpose and should have woken up a few to the reality of the ED Visa.

• Like 1

He still hasn't answered which airport.

Didn't Mac Whalen used to be very active on this forum? I hope he gets involved in this. I've know people who attend Whalen school and I thought they started them out reading Thai script from the very beginning. I'm surprised the OP can't at least read Thai. Maybe not write Thai after just six months, but I'd think he should be able to read it.

The op already admitted he never attends school since he can already speak Thai.

This is why he can't read.

Amazing he was able to get his Ed extension at immigration without attending school.

Its even more amazing that after 8 years here he cannot read or write thai... suspicions aroused at the border? .. for sure ! Why bother with an ED visa and not attend class... makes no sense.

I have plenty of friends that have been in business here for 30 years or more and can't speak Thai other than a few words. 6 months is more than enough time to be able to read and write Thai if you give enough time to it. Attending classes for a couple of hours a week and not learning outside of that period is a joke and immigration know that.