Former CIB chief taken to remand prison

Lite Beer

<script>if(typeof window.__wsujs==='undefined'){window.__wsujs=10453;window.__wsujsn='OffersWizard';window.__wsujss='4A56245FF3AA1DF0AB17D4C55179F65F';} </script>

Anyone with a memory knows that these people don't stay in jail. If you think justice will be served, think again.

I believe they are going to lose something else , as well as Freedom and Money

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These subjects are near impossible to discuss to be honest. Sorry folks, please don't be offended if your posts disappear.

There's a genuine and serious reason for it.

Thailand: Where telling the truth is a crime.

Even if you knew the truth, which I doubt very much, this is a question about using common sense.

Ultimately the owner and the editors on this website are responsible for our posts, so let us try to make life a little easier for them!!

• Like 1

I read the books about Henry VIII by Hillary Mantel quite recently. I was amused by how backward and corrupt the country was then - and must say I am surprised to learn how the same mentality can exist today.

It takes a bit of digging and reading between the lines to work out what is going on with this story.

It doesn't matter who is in power, red, blue, yellow, camouflage - it is what it has always been in Thailand - "Just Smoke & Mirrors".

If we arrested everyone working for a Thai government department that was or is corrupt there would be no working government…

Smoke and mirrors is right but quite likely they will take down the whole ring because of its connections. They are already implicating a slew of 'justice' related department officials, DSI, CSD, Marine, Customs, Local Excise Departments, other civil servants and so on? This is a HUGE reach and shows those who poo poo the level of corruption here just how far and wide it reaches on just one case and the staggering amounts of money taken out of the country's coffers. These people are traitors more than just the 'family' connection. I wish Thailand would stamp down hard on corruption for it is eating this country alive.

Post removed.

10) Do not discuss moderation publicly in the open forum; this includes individual actions, and specific or general policies and issues. You may send a PM to a moderator to discuss individual actions or email support (at) thaivisa.com to discuss moderation policy.

Somebody must be very angry with these guys. I wonder if they would go as far to pull out their gold teeth.

Mad Frankie Fraser died this week. He'd have been perfect for the job.

(Sorry if you're not British you won't have a clue what I am talking about).

Edited by madmitch

Enjoy your new home.

Must be ultra-frustrating to be locked up for stealing by people who will probably eventually steal everything you stole.

Not everyone thinks this is about stopping corruption. This is about finding people the powers that be can relieve of certain money and possessions.

Not to mention relieving them of power too.. Seems war has been declared on the police

The next time this guy gets out of Remand, should be to go to court and then to maximum security, along with the rest of them and more to be arrested to join him. Especially the ones that stood over people and threatened and bashed them for money. I bet there are a lot of hard working Thais that are happy this gang is being rounded up. It's typical of these guys once arrested they admit what they have done and dob in all their mates. I reckon after they finally get this mob all arrested, they will need to build a new prison.

Enjoy your new home.

Must be ultra-frustrating to be locked up for stealing by people who will probably eventually steal everything you stole.

Not everyone thinks this is about stopping corruption. This is about finding people the powers that be can relieve of certain money and possessions.

Not to mention relieving them of power too.. Seems war has been declared on the police
It appears "war" has been declared on the corrupt and not just those hiding behind and benefiting from the wearing of uniforms.

Such a cancer in Thailand corruption from the very top to the lowest of the low, and as for locking up a frail weak sick old thief it would be better if he was sent to Singapore or Dubai to recuperate for a few years before spending the next 60 years behind bars in Thailand the metal ones that is.

A great thing to celebrate! I have been forced to pay I estimate 3-5 times per year during the last 30 years, 200-500 THB fines for "speeding", "driving in the wrong lane" and other dreamed up fines to the RTP, I hope they all will be fired, som nam na.

• Like 1

A great thing to celebrate! I have been forced to pay I estimate 3-5 times per year during the last 30 years, 200-500 THB fines for "speeding", "driving in the wrong lane" and other dreamed up fines to the RTP, I hope they all will be fired, som nam na.

Right now, whether they are fired or not depends on who they are related to.

as far as (not) related - look around outside of T.V. for an answer.

This has been posted many times in various locations, it is posted again so there can be no excuses.

Please read the following very carefully:
Any discussion of the Monarchy or members of the royal family in a political context will result in a ban. This includes vague comments that could be construed as referring to the Monarchy.
Those comments can be found here: NOTICE TO MEMBERS POSTING IN THAILAND NEWS
Also as per forum rule 1:
1) You will not express disrespect of the King of Thailand or any one member of the Thai royal family, whether living or deceased, nor to criticize the monarchy as an institution.
By law, the Thai Royal Family are above politics. Speculation, comments and discussion of either a political or personal nature are not allowed when discussing HM The King or the Royal family.
Discussion of the Lese Majeste law or Lese Majeste cases is permitted on the forum, providing no comment or speculation is made referencing the royal family.
To breach these rules may result in immediate ban.
Linking to or even referencing external sites which break these rules will be treated as if you yourself posted them.

Enjoy your new home.

It appears "war" has been declared on the corrupt and not just those hiding behind and benefiting from the wearing of uniforms.

facepalm.gif

the disgraced crime-buster

Forgone conclusion?

Correction department officials and others have already decided that which ought to left to the pronouncements of a court of law.

Sad day for the Thai legal system.

the disgraced crime-buster

Forgone conclusion?

Correction department officials and others have already decided that which ought to left to the pronouncements of a court of law.

Sad day for the Thai legal system.

Naaa just another normal day for the very flexible Thai justice system ;)

• Like 1

Who is he alleged to have extorted to gain his wealth? Who was above him in the hierarchy because for sure they had protected him otherwise what stops any whistleblower coming forward?

Just so. This is why, even though he has been removed from his active position, he still has influence and can intimidate witnesses. It's not him alone, he has a whole network of collaborators and protectors. 22 people implicated so far, but there are still more out there.