Phuket 'investors' lose B7m in face cream scam

webfact

Phuket 'investors' lose B7m in face cream scam
Nattha Thepbamrung

1418297737_1-org.jpg
Chonticha Jampa-Ngern (right) with a fellow victim holding a tube of 'VIP cream'.

PHUKET: -- A group of fraud victims gathered at Phuket police station today (December 11) claiming they have lost between them some B7 million.

“We were invited to join the business by a woman who was our friend and colleague [in an office in Samkong],” said Chonticha Jampa-Ngern, 32, spokesperson of the group. She named the scam artist as Netwimon, also known as Kwan, 31.

“She invited one of us in April this year to invest money to buy a face cream called VIP. She told everyone that she had already had loads of orders but lacked the funds to buy the product, so she needed people to invest.

“As we understood it, this meant we did not have to sell the product ourselves; all we had to do was invest with her.”

Ms Chonticha said Ms Netwimon explained that a tube of the cream cost B1,400 and they would get back B1,650. They could invest as much as they wanted, Netwimon added.

“At the beginning there was only VIP cream and we got paid on time. Some months later, she told everyone that we had to increase our investment because she did not have enough money to buy all the cream she needed to meet demand.

“She also introduced a new product, a diet pill, and asked for more investment from us.

“We believed her because she showed us the products and she had always paid on time, so most of us increased our investment. Some of us even borrowed money to invest with her.

“But then she disappeared.”

Ms Chonticha said that Netwimon always contacted them using the Line smartphone app or through the Facebook page she used to sell product, but she abruptly stopped replying to any messages sent to her.

“There are around 20 people who will fight to get our money back and there are others who so far have not joined us.

“Some of the investors are people from our workplace and the others are all freinds or contacts of ours.

“Everyone joined initially because we trusted her. I want to warn everyone before joining a business like this to beware of fraud, even if the one who is inviting you is your friend,” she added.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-investors-lose-b7m-in-face-cream-scam-50069.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2014-12-12

For every 1400 Baht invested they get a return of their capital plus 250 baht. Not bad really and sounds too good to be true.

The scammer probably ran it like a ponzi scheme first time round before executing the final part of the scam by disappearing.

Keep running the ponzi part until the amount involved gets worthwhile.

Love it.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Why do I not feel sorry for these girls alt=whistling.gif>

Because they dont deserve sympathy thats why ! These women, all want to get rich without the effort of hard work. Its just greed, nothing else.

• Like 2

A couple of years ago one of my wife's "friends" wanted her to join/invest in this "terrific" business opportunity. Only 10,000 baht. I told my wife to have the woman come to our house and explain everything. I had my wife and son both translating everything she said. When she was done, I told her we would think about it. As soon as she left, I told my wife: "Hell no! Don't even think about it!" 3-4 months later, the "friend" flew the coup to places unknown with few million baht, and everyone lost their asses.

Edited by Just1Voice

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Don't know why women buy these products anyway. I tell my girlfriend I give her face cream, free. alt=laugh.png>

Do you need extra supplies, I'm sure some members here would gladly help.