Yingluck graft probe 'will not be completed' this year

Lite Beer

Yingluck graft probe 'will not be completed' this year
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- The Office of the Attorney-General said yesterday that it would not be able to complete its graft investigation into former prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra by the end of the year.

The office is probing Yingluck's alleged involvement in irregularities and corruption linked to the scrapped rice-pledging scheme.

Litigation Department director-general Surasak Trirattrakul, who is on the 10-member joint Office of the Attorney-General/National Anti-Corruption Commission panel overseeing the case, told a press conference yesterday that there was contradictory information as to whether an alleged government-to-government rice deal took place or never happened.

As a result, more time was needed to conclude the probe.

Surasak said office chief Trakool Winitnaiphak had stressed that the case must be carried out in a straightforward fashion and must be fair to all parties involved in order to protect the nation and the public's interests.

He said the joint panel would consider the shortcomings in the case, with the end of the month the earliest date for their meeting.

Surasak denied the office and the NACC had a different approach towards the case, saying both agencies had tried to collect as much evidence as possible.

He said all the evidence must be collected before the case was forwarded to the court.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Yingluck-graft-probe-will-not-be-completed-this-ye-30249752.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-12-13

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

To be completed ?

When, could it be as the old saying goes

' Today, Tomorrow, Sometime, NEVER '.

Keep an eye on the footwork , Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers would be proud.

• Like 1

Poor old Junta. Getting very scared now. Popularity has dramatically fallen. Yingluck still as popular as ever. Too scared to take on this majestic lady. Trumped up charges have to be dumped. But how to stop her winning the next election? Well played Thaksin! Winner as always.

I think you could be wrong.She no longer has the suppoty of the Rice growers who killed themslve or their families due to her inaction. i think anyone with a brain can see she is totally useless at anything she does.

• Like 1

Well then, no problem having an election and restoring democratic legitimacy to government is there?

?, ? and one more ?

Apart from this being on the "Yingluck graft probe" (or actually on all irregularities with the RPPS which cost the taxpayer 700--/++ billion Baht), we also still have the NRC and CDC committees still busy rather then they having finished. I hope you don't think the NCPO should just force some reforms through and keep the interim constitution.

Poor old Junta. Getting very scared now. Popularity has dramatically fallen. Yingluck still as popular as ever. Too scared to take on this majestic lady. Trumped up charges have to be dumped. But how to stop her winning the next election? Well played Thaksin! Winner as always.

I think you could be wrong.She no longer has the suppoty of the Rice growers who killed themslve or their families due to her inaction. i think anyone with a brain can see she is totally useless at anything she does.

You forgot this one, right?

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/701668-pdrc-leader-suthep-warns-banks-against-rice-loans-to-government/

Her so called inaction was imposed by the powers that be denying the government funds.

As soon as she was removed by an illegal coup funds became available and the rice growers paid. Funny that!

Her so called inaction was imposed by the powers that be denying the government funds.

As soon as she was removed by an illegal coup funds became available and the rice growers paid. Funny that!

Ms. Yingluck went on record mid-2013 that the money necessary for the 'self-financing' RPPS were available. That's why her caretaker cabinet wanted to borrow 130 billion Baht in December 2013 I guess. So it would seem Ms. Yingluck lied.

The biggest lie it would seem was the positioning of the RPPS as 'self-financing' scheme requering only a 500 billion Baht 'revolving funds' to pay out from it, restore from sales. Also given as reason to keep this wonderfull scheme out of the National Budget.

Funny that!

Edited by rubl
  • Like 1

This shows a high level of hypocrisy. Rice farmers have been hostage of the yellows who hoped they would join protests. On the one hand they were blocking any attemps to get a loan to pay farmers, as well as rice auction, and on the others they were complaining that farmers did not get paid.

Just emphasizing:

Protest leader Suthep Thaugsuban last night warned both commercial and state banks against any rice loans to the caretaker government with threat of facing shutdown by protesters.

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/pdrc-leader-warns-banks-rice-loans-government

and this one (it's also in bangkok post): PDRC blocking rice auction

http://www.thailandqa.com/forum/showthread.php?45424-Protesters-stall-rice-auction

And of course the good-heart Suthep only wants to help farmers smile.png

Thailand: Suthep leads a march through Thong Lor for help rice farmer

http://www.demotix.com/news/3893631/thailand-suthep-leads-march-through-thong-lor-help-rice-farmer#media-3893526

"Some of them have killed themselves and some of them are crying in front of the television because they don't have a penny... The government said the rice-purchasing policy was to help farmers but instead the policy became part of the government's corruption machine." - See more at: http://www.straitstimes.com/the-big-story/turmoil-thailand/story/thai-protest-leader-suthep-mocks-governments-fast-collapsing-ri#sthash.gHnHKl0p.dpuf
Edited by candide

My personal projection, I do not forsee any of the Shin family being a part of any Thai government for the next generation, unless you consider their being behind bars as guests of the Thai penal system. They have hit the rails in more ways than one and it has become quite apparent that they and a good part of their empire of misfits are being pursued, caught and put on a stringer for dealing with at cleaning and gutting time, by those who have the best intrest of thailand as their first priority.

Then again I could be right, the Junta no longer has the support of the rubber tappers that killed themselves on the Generals watch - so we are back to status quo which is Thaksin winning everything everytime against everyone.

This shows a high level of hypocrisy. Rice farmers have been hostage of the yellows who hoped they would join protests. On the one hand they were blocking any attemps to get a loan to pay farmers, as well as rice auction, and on the others they were complaining that farmers did not get paid.

Just emphasizing:

Protest leader Suthep Thaugsuban last night warned both commercial and state banks against any rice loans to the caretaker government with threat of facing shutdown by protesters.

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/pdrc-leader-warns-banks-rice-loans-government

and this one (it's also in bangkok post): PDRC blocking rice auction

http://www.thailandqa.com/forum/showthread.php?45424-Protesters-stall-rice-auction

And of course the good-heart Suthep only wants to help farmers smile.png

Thailand: Suthep leads a march through Thong Lor for help rice farmer

http://www.demotix.com/news/3893631/thailand-suthep-leads-march-through-thong-lor-help-rice-farmer#media-3893526

"Some of them have killed themselves and some of them are crying in front of the television because they don't have a penny... The government said the rice-purchasing policy was to help farmers but instead the policy became part of the government's corruption machine." - See more at: http://www.straitstimes.com/the-big-story/turmoil-thailand/story/thai-protest-leader-suthep-mocks-governments-fast-collapsing-ri#sthash.gHnHKl0p.dpuf

In your race to blame everyone but the Yingluck administration there are some things you failed to mention, try reading this :

Take particular notice from the fifth paragraph on and it will explain to you why the caretaker Govt was unable to borrow money to pay the Farmers.

As I an unable to copy and paste from this article you will have to read it yourself....if you really want to know.

That however all came after the Yingluvk Govt failed to make provision for payment for the rice which they knew was pledged to the scheme before they dissolved parliament.

They said they had the money available to pay the farmers , they lied.

They also should have known the legal implications of a caretaker Govt attempting to borrow money.

The shortage of money to run the scheme was nothing new of course back in Feb 2013 the BAAC was short of funds as per :

Thai Rice Subsidy Program Short of Money - NYTimes.com
www.nytimes.com/.../thai-rice-subsidy-program-short-of-money.html
Feb 7, 2013 - BANGKOK — Thailand's generous rice subsidy program has run into ...investigating the transparency of the scheme after it was mentioned in