Temperatures in North, Isaan to drop 3-5 degrees this weekend

webfact

Temperatures in North, Northeast to drop 3-5 degrees this weekend

2014-12-16_TopChart_07-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Northern provinces will experience another wave of cold spell that will see temperatures dropping 3-5 degrees Celsius end of this week while southern provinces will face more rains and high waves in the sea.

The Meteorological Department said the temperature in upper Thailand will drop by another 3-5 degrees Celsius due to influence from a high pressure system that continues to prevail over the region.

This will resulted in temperatures in the North and the Northeast to fall below an average 15 degrees Celsius throughout the week.

Frost could be expected in some mountainous areas in the North, it said.

For the southern region, it said heavy to heaviest rains could be expected from Nakhon Si Thammarat province down.

This was caused by the intensified northeasterly monsoon now covering the Gulf of Thailand and the South.

People in the area are urged to take caution against torrential rain and the accumulated rainwater.

In the Gulf of Thailand waves of 2-4 metres high are expected from Prachuap Khiri Khan down to the southern coast.

Small boats are advised to stay ashore.

Earlier on Sunday, strong wind and waves caused a boat to capsize about three nautical miles off Trang province while it was heading to the shore after hearing of storm warning while in the sea.

The boat was taking local tourists to fish in the sea.

But all six people on the boat were plugged from the high sea by another fishing boat which was near the scene.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/temperatures-north-northeast-drop-3-5-degrees-weekend

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-12-16

I'm also in Chiang Rai, nearly the northernmost Thai town. It's chilly, but I haven't had to fire up my heater. Yes, I built a propane fired heater, made from a galvy barrel stood on end, with vent pipe (I used to be a chimney sweep). I'll try it out tonight. If you don't see any posts from me in the next few days, I may have afixiated myself, ha ha.

Also, I've got some cacti in my garden, some are 3 meters high, which are from the Andes (they're the type which have white hairs), so they love this weather, and it's their summer/growing season.

"I've got some cacti in my garden, some are 3 meters high, which are from the Andes"

I know the species. World's fastest growing cactus, right?

I've seen cactus with snow on them before, so no worries, mate.

I think it's funny that Thais and Chinese (see the movie 'Lost in Bangkok') consider the cactus "lucky", 555.

Cactus are 100% American. No such thing as a cactus in Asia before 1492...

• Like 1

Well said. This plus the overall world temperature has been increasing every year for the past 20 years. 2014 is going to be hotter than 2013 which was warmer than 2012, etc. Global Warming is undeniably occurring, even the "nay sayers" can't deny the science of proof.

"I've got some cacti in my garden, some are 3 meters high, which are from the Andes"

I think it's funny that Thais and Chinese (see the movie 'Lost in Bangkok') consider the cactus "lucky", 555.

Is that a photo of Pancho Villa? some foods common in Thailand which few Thais would know came from the Americas:

squash

potatoes

chili peppers

corn

papaya (Thai word for it sounds a lot like a bad word in Spanish; 'maricon')

chocolate

vanilla

avocado

Is that a photo of Pancho Villa? some foods common in Thailand which few Thais would know came from the Americas:

squash

potatoes

chili peppers

corn

papaya (Thai word for it sounds a lot like a bad word in Spanish; 'maricon')

chocolate

vanilla

avocado

Don't forget every kind of beans, except soy and fava...

Well said. This plus the overall world temperature has been increasing every year for the past 20 years. 2014 is going to be hotter than 2013 which was warmer than 2012, etc. Global Warming is undeniably occurring, even the "nay sayers" can't deny the science of proof.

Nope, there has been no increase in global temp in the last 18 years.