Thai Police Clearance Certificate

Hello,

I'm an Australian citizen who has been living legally in Thailand for 10 years and require a Thai Police Clearance Certificate for an overseas Visa Application.

I have seached for as much info as possible and know I need to get it from:

Police Clearance Service Centre

Commander Special Branch

Royal Thai Police Headquarters

Rama I Road, Patumwan

Bangkok 10330, Thailand

Telephone: +66 (02) 205-2168

Fax: +66 (02) 205-2169

E-mail: [email protected]

However their website is currently not working. Does anyone have any recent experience of getting a Police Clearance Certificate this Centre in Bangkok? Processing times, difficulties?

Many thanks in advance.

There have been a number of threads on this subject, this is one of the more recent ones thai-police-clearance-check

Yes, thanks - I had found this, but I found that a lot of this information applied to Thai citizens. I was hoping I might find someone who is a foreigner and had successfully and recently received a Thai Police Clearance Certificate.

It was straightforward when I did it. You turn up, with your passport, fill in the forms, wait to be fingerprinted and then go. Come back in about 5-10 days to collect the certificate.

Thanks for your reply. Sounds promising. :-)

I took some forms in for an overseas member last year, a couple of weeks turnaround, the assembled crowd I would say half Asian and half Westerners, on the days I went anyway.

How were the fingerprints done?

Same as with DNA testing...

Few baht in with the app and you get a clean set of prints.. :)

How were the fingerprints done?

They got them done overseas and sent them with the forms.

Thanks.

Okay, my wife is in NST and has no other reason to go to BKK. She'll go for her interview late January or early February, so needs to get going on the clearance.

Is there any way she can do this through the mail? Or possibly through an attorney, or family member?

The service I read about in another recent thread, that offers to submit the application and mail the clearance, for a 4800 baht fee, says this must be possible, but for 4800, she might as well fly and have a sushi dinner.

• 3 months later...

I'm Aussie too and have lived in Pattaya on and off for eight years on a retirement visa

. I'm applying for a residency visa in Eastern Europe, and need police clearance certificate for that.

Could any one confirm if I should be able to get all done at the Specified Police office in Bangkok?-- fingerprints and all