New years eve in nakhon sawan city

martinkb

Sorry you didn't receive any replies from the locals. I did ask some if they would do same in N/S News section to give you some ideas. I think that most are past it now anyway.

May I suggest if your at a loose end there might be something going on at Confuzio bar it's near the lake. Their phone No: is I think 080327933 anyway they have a site just look them up on the internet.

What ever hope you have a good time over the new year.

Hope this helps. Fred, I'm glad to say a non resident.

• Like 1

Fred says you're lonely over here! I live in Nakhon Sawan Province, about 100 kilometers south east. I've lived here for over 16 years and only spent 1 night in the city to attend a friends wedding. I imagine that the bars/restaurants over near the lake, if they are still there, will be swinging but all Thais.

Where I live ther's a big New Years eve party in my village as usual. Twenty five to thirty 8 person tables set up on the basketball court (another story as I've never seen a basket ball since I've lived here). Dinner Thai style properly catered with a 5 to 6 course meal and a bottle of Hong Thong in the middle of each table. After the normal speaches, there's a drawing for prises as all of the tickets are numbered. I could actually win a case of Leo but more likely a case of cheap cooking oil. After the drawing the entertainment starts, you guessed it, Karaoke accompanied by children throwing firecrackers and howling frighten dogs. Oh what fun! The noise goes on well past midnight and is usually terminated when a fight breaks out. I'm long gone and fast asleep by then.

Tickets are only 230 baht each for the whole experience! You're welcome to join just PM me! A true Thai farmer's New Years Eve party!

Happy New Year!

• Like 2

As has been said your best bet is around Sawan Lake/Park, about thirty eating and drinking places in the vicinity. I assume you have a significant other with transport, as there is virtually nothing available at night.

Can not comment as to whether the night is good, bad or indifferent as I have never gone out here on New Years Eve. But I should think it will be OK, enjoy it.