French man found hanged in Koh Tao with his hands tied behind his back – foul play suspected

Lite Beer

I am not surprised that the news about the tied hands took a while to come out. It clearly makes it more likely to be foul play and that doesn't sit well with the current official policy that Thailand is safe for visitors.

What does surprise me is that the BIB didn't just untie his hands when they found him. I'm not sure whether to give them credit for being honest, or deride them for being stupid in messing up a cover up.

• Like 2

I would guess people who are murdered then staged to look like suicide happens more times here than we'd like to think. RIP.

Why would they leave the hand tied....dead giveaway....

Sending a message. 'We are still here'.

[stupid complacent tourists will just keep on coming anyway.]

STOP! with the Burmese jokes for God's sake.......any Idea how stupid you come across as being?

It may seem unlikely that his hands would be tied if it was a suicide but it really isn't that strange or uncommon

The idea is to tie their own hands and it only needs to be loosely because the rope used is behind their back

They stick there head through the noose jump and the rope, even if it's only dangling behind their back, prevents them from reaching the rope above.

Sad that someone would resort to this at such a young age

RIP

Yes of course, and there's another kind of suicide... 2 or 3 bullets in the head...

Let the investigation take it's course. Thailand is not rife with serial killers or gangsters, most of them come here on the plane.

Thailand is rife with at least mobsters, gangsters and scammers... serial killers are an American thing.

Most coming in on the planes are tourists.

They also found two wounds on his arm on elbows. The wound is 5cm and 3cm in length respectively.

Sounds suspiciously similar to the short knife stab woulds in the other recently well publicized case, doesn't it?

• Like 2

I would guess people who are murdered then staged to look like suicide happens more times here than we'd like to think. RIP.

If it was staged to look like a suicide you would think that the murderer would have at least untied his hands before leaving

Very very true. Wish the Thai government would just grab them as they enter. In the long run they would make more money on bounties then allowing them in and running amok.

Let the investigation take it's course. Thailand is not rife with serial killers or gangsters, most of them come here on the plane.

When I read thbis "KOH TAO: -- At around 3pm in the 1st of January 2015 police and rescue teams were called to a bungalow on Koh Tao where the body of a 29 year old French murder suicide Koh Tao man was found hanging from the ceiling of his rented bungalow."

It seems pretty clear to me. The poor chap murdered himself and then committed suicide out of remorse.

Clear as mud.

Not to make light of another tragic murder on Death Island.

RIP young man...

• Like 2

It can't be the two Burmese who our Dear Leader says killed the two Brits because that police investigation was "perfect" and "complete". Those two 'killers' have an alibi even the BIB can't alter.. How long will it take for the BIB to locate two new Burmese?