Anyone know of a beer bar for sale in Patts?

Gordy Gambino

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I believe they are all for sale for the right price

Not seen a beer bar for sale in the last 4/5 years
To profitable to sell if you are an owner(goldmine)

So all of them are for sale and none of them are for sale. Thanks for clarifying that. From here on in i'll just ask a ting tong from Issan get more sense from her than you 2 pelicans.

Everyone is saying dont do it, and yet there are plenty of beer bars in walking street. Add to that its nearly impossbile to find a vacant place to rent in walking street. Beer bars do make decent money, but there are none for sale in a good location like walking street. Open any type of shop there, you'll make money. I know a Turkish guy running a shisha place in walking street, he just bought a 900k usd house in Istanbul

Edited by Lukecan
  • Like 1

If you have money to waste in a bar , Pattaya is the right place. Never a dull moment. And you can stay here on a business visa, as long as you wish, or until your bank account is empty.

• Like 1

So all of them are for sale and none of them are for sale.

It's a valid comment that applies to condos as well as bars. Many of both will be for sale if a pigeon with a fat wallet comes along.

For bars, just go along any road in town and you are more or less guaranteed to see "for sale" or "for rent" signs in abundance on every type of shop or bar. I cant remember a time in the last 35 years when this wasn't the case.

• Like 1

I've never seen the word pelican used as an insult before. There is a new; well re-built; bar complex on Pattaya/Naklua road before you get to the Windmill Hotel. There are plenty of vacant bars there; presumably for sale. I'm sure that taking a stroll or a drive around the numerous beerbar bar areas would turn up plenty of other options. Perhaps the OP is hoping a current bar owner looking to sell will see his message on here.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I believe they are all for sale for the right price

Not seen a beer bar for sale in the last 4/5 years

To profitable to sell if you are an owner(goldmine)

So all of them are for sale and none of them are for sale. Thanks for clarifying that. From here on in i'll just ask a ting tong from Issan get more sense from her than you 2 pelicans.

What the 2 posters try to tell is that most of the bars are up for sale for the right price, but maybe just a handful will be advertising their sales-intentions in order not to cause unrest among customers, staff and competition.

You could orientate yourself by browsing through "businesses for sale" on the Sunbelt Asia website.

It always amazes me on threads like this where you always get the 'experts' chipping up with the second hand Stickman/Trink 'wisdom' without never having done the job themselves.

I've known my share of bar owners in my years here and not all of them lost their little all. In fact I'd say a fair % of those I've known did (or still do) make a few tidy doubloons out of it.

I'd say there isn't any 'magic formula' to success apart from a few common elements such as;

'learn as much as you can about the trade'

'get a 'good' woman by your side''

''be prepared to put in the hours - punters can sniff a bar a mile off where the gaffer has 'given up the ghost' and has left the place to become a plaything for his missus and her pals, and tend to avoid them like the plague, that 'abandoned feeling' isn't conducive to a good drink ''

''a sh*t load of good luck''

'Get a new place, make your own 'footprint in the sand' instead of inheriting someone else's' bad rep or bad name''

Good luck. It is indeed a tough caper, however with the right amount of effort and luck there's no reason why you can't do OK out of it.