Poll shows most Thai people admit they don't earn enough to cover expenses

webfact

In my Poll, Thai people don't earn enough to cover the repayments of the loans they have taken.

It's the usual mentality.......live for today forget about tomorrow.

Repossessions have already started.....the loan sharks are in full business.

Give happiness to the people................blink.png

Costa's let's talk about runs on Greek banks before addressing "the usual" mentality shall we ?

True that...

Some time ago we did a time and motion study of our office/secretarial employees, our total staff level was in the thousands around the country. The study showed that the average employee was only 16% efficient, the rest of the time they were doing anything but productive work. We made 600 redundant and no one missed them after a few months but at least the profits went up.

A lot of BS.

Thai people already earn 300 Baht minimum regardless of education background or if they are retarded or not.

Street food are 30 baht per meal, with ice water come free. That that was when oil price was high.

Thai people also get free health care, free train, free bus, free entertainment by the junta, free haircut, free electricity, free water, when free 690 Baht to buy TV.

What else do Thai people possibly want? Thaksin to come back? No way.

A lot of BS.

Thai people already earn 300 Baht minimum regardless of education background or if they are retarded or not.

Street food are 30 baht per meal, with ice water come free. That that was when oil price was high.

Thai people also get free health care, free train, free bus, free entertainment by the junta, free haircut, free electricity, free water, when free 690 Baht to buy TV.

"Thai people also get free health care, free train, free bus, free entertainment by the junta, free haircut, free electricity, free water, when free 690 Baht to buy TV."

A lot of BS. A miniscule minority may qualify for some of that. Free entertainment and haircuts, what?

Edited by Sviss Geez
  • Like 1

This is simply too vague and ambiguous without any demographics mentioned and some details about those demographics. Income brackets would be nice and a bit of description on what their "expenses" are. I suspect we are not describing Depression Era people here, who really know/knew how to squeeze a dollar out of a dime.

Don't need to. Check out the long lines at Aeon branches during paydays. These people are definitely not withdrawing monies...

In my Poll, Thai people don't earn enough to cover the repayments of the loans they have taken.

Given the subject of this thread it's odd that you make an appearance on every thread, usually doing some slagging-off, but you're avoiding the one about the run on the Greek banks.

• Like 1

Some time ago we did a time and motion study of our office/secretarial employees, our total staff level was in the thousands around the country. The study showed that the average employee was only 16% efficient, the rest of the time they were doing anything but productive work. We made 600 redundant and no one missed them after a few months but at least the profits went up.

Based on most management studies, at 16%, they would be among the most efficient people in most large organizations- anywhere in the world...

BTW, did you happen to notice that the office coffee started tasting a little like pee after you laid off all their friends?

Edited by impulse
  • Like 1

Could all the condescending know-it-all members that posted before me, please use your wisdom and give us a viable breakdown of 9000 baht (unskilled labour...zero days off) or 14000 (uni. graduate) over a 30 day period in Bangkok. Please, share with us how you would make it through the month rolleyes.gif

I seem to remember that someone high in the government commented that they should earn more. As bizarre as it gets.

9000 or 14000. Pretty tough to live on that per month if that is all that is coming in for single person.

80% of the countrys G.D.P. Is personel debt. Recipe for disaster!

And this is different to the democratic countries of farangistan ?

No, they need credit cards to buy Made-in-China toilet paper in farangistan because they have no cash.

My point was that the ONLY WAY a person on minimum wage COULD get 9000 THB was by not taking any days off. And Thai Labour Code...HA. My friend used to work for one of the biggest engineering firms in the country: If they worked on Sunday they we're entitled to 1.5 of their salary per hour, BUT when they got paid they only received 0.5 for the hours they did on Sunday. The company's reason was this: The staff had already received 1 per hour since they were employed for the whole month i.e. they got paid for every day. This same company also charged its employees for parking (albeit only 400 THB per month), because when the company grew the existing parking was not sufficient and so they had to hire land next door for parking.

OK, I will accept that clarification. Makes sense to me.

• Like 1

7.8 percent admitted that they spent sparingly and tried to save.

"Admitted", makes them sound guilty of some heinous crime, "What!, you save your money instead of p-ssing it all away, that's scandalous" I would say the authors bias is clear.

• Like 1

Per the OP, 58.4 percent of them admitted that they did not earn enough incomes to cover the expenses whereas 41.6 percent said that their incomes were on par with their expenses.

58.4 + 41.6 = 100%

So not even one or the 1,143 persons polled earned more than their expenses? Another useless poll.

Per the OP, 58.4 percent of them admitted that they did not earn enough incomes to cover the expenses whereas 41.6 percent said that their incomes were on par with their expenses.

58.4 + 41.6 = 100%

So not even one or the 1,143 persons polled earned more than their expenses? Another useless poll.

Exactly!

so when they say

7.8 percent admitted that they spent sparingly and tried to save.

Do they actually mean that

7.8 percent admitted that they spent sparingly and tried to save but failed.

Otherwise the total comes to 107.8%

• Like 1

I really cannot understand the discrimination and the derogatory comments people make against Thai's.Some of these can only come from imbeciles or /and vile weasels

I can understand it, the people making these comments are/were failures in their own countries and due to a favourable exchange rate was washed up on Thailand shores and take great pleasure in belittling the natives as it makes them feel superior and better about the shitty little existence they are currently living in Naskon Nowhere

• Like 1

Costa's let's talk about runs on Greek banks before addressing "the usual" mentality shall we ?

Spain is next. Toss out the carpetbaggers.

they need American laws......I bought a 2.3 million dollar house with no money down and no job!!! My mortgage broker said, "no docs? no problem!!" The bank was shocked I could not pay when the balloon payment was due!! LOL.......By then, I was making 11 dollars an hour and owned 45,000.......subprime crisis, anyone?

i think most Americans cannot pay their expenses either......and when Thailand is at least 1/2 as expensive it becomes attractive. But when the jobs pay 1/4th as much, they learn that might not make the best sense......and then the cycle continues...

hold on, just got my 235th credit card in the mail........no, those days are over.......

89% of household debt to GDP is ratification of this fact.

There will also probably be an equal amount of household debt owed to the other unofficial " banking sectors " within Thailand, that are not controlled, nor publish there holdings on debt.

A lot of BS.

There are people still earning less than 300bht/day. And those free stuff you mentioned is in which area? BKK? CM?

I dont see all these stuff in central Thailand village area.

• Like 1

Could all the condescending know-it-all members that posted before me, please use your wisdom and give us a viable breakdown of 9000 baht (unskilled labour...zero days off) or 14000 (uni. graduate) over a 30 day period in Bangkok. Please, share with us how you would make it through the month rolleyes.gif

Yeah right, under which stone do you live mate?

In BKK the uni-grade employee's get like 60-90k a month plus bonus. Yes they have to work for that and can't do nothing all day long.

Really. I must tell my 22 year old niece about that then. She is on 13,000 baht a month and living at her Granddads house. She doesn't smoke, drinks only a little and has bought a second hand car 50/50 with her boyfriend.

How many uni grade people do you PERSONALLY know on that salary?

In BKK the uni-grade employee's get like 60-90k a month plus bonus. Yes they have to work for that and can't do nothing all day long.

Quoted were the minimum wages for graduates and unskilled. A graduate programmer gets 15,000, a starting out nurse gets 22,000, a starting out doctor gets 35,000, a senior manager in the financial sector gets 45,000 after many years of experience. Name one graduate job that pays as much as 60k in Bangkok let alone 90K, and if you can't then just get back under your rock and keep quiet.

• Like 2

I wonder how much of those expenses are really necessary? If the respondent bought an Iphone instead of an I-Mobile, he/she could be living beyond his/her capability. I am sure there are many more persons who are frugal and are able to make ends meet. The problem is there are also a lot of people who have to keep up the pretense that they are well-off. Pity really.

• Like 1

Quoted were the minimum wages for graduates and unskilled. A graduate programmer gets 15,000, a starting out nurse gets 22,000, a starting out doctor gets 35,000, a senior manager in the financial sector gets 45,000 after many years of experience. Name one graduate job that pays as much as 60k in Bangkok let alone 90K, and if you can't then just get back under your rock and keep quiet.

For the most part the poster who stated these numbers was talking through his bottom,

but there are Thai graduates I work with whose salaries range of between 120k/m and 150k/m and the top earners around 200k/m

So yes there are people who get paid more than 90k/m, but this doesn't change the fact the poster was writing rubbish in general terms, the numbers you quote are closer to the norm

Edited by Soutpeel