Study: Germans have skeptical view of Israel

webfact

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

so much that the Congress of my country (do I need to even mention which one it is) is basically strung up by the balls and will cow tow to just about anything Netanyahu asks of them...he says jump they say how high...."Oh yes sir no sir Mr Netanyahu, our citizens are an afterthought, but answering and being of your service is our number one priority" look why not just make Israel the 51st state if they are going to be so damn dependent on us and our (MY) money

Your innuendo suggests... what? The US congress is bought and paid for? Israel is a stooge of the US? Oh, the US is a stooge of Israel? I think you suggest the later.

Perhaps this is true but it is a meaningless observation with context; and the failed narrative that Israel bought and paid for the US House is fallacious. It is simply not supported by the facts (as I see them). What I do see is a core conservative US christian narrative that sees in Israel the possibility of the return of their savior. Yes, they tell themselves the wayward jews are still waiting for the savior the first time, but they are cousins. In this simplistic fashion a core of representatives come from the bible and rust belts to DC reflecting the imperative to nurture Israel as our ally in the region. At this point Jewish lobbyists may excerpt influence, but it is the religious connection that binds the jews to the US.

BTW, in my calculations Israel receives 1% of its GDP from the US, and a majority of that is military aid as part of a treaty US is promised to. Dependent on our money? cheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--ZvISAZ3- alt=cheesy.gif width=32 height=20>

Note: It really is quite amazing that the christians see the jews as wayward and the muslims see the christians as wayward. What a mess- all of 'em.

6 billion dollars a year is quite a handsome sum anyway you cut it

• Like 1

Some 35 percent of Germans equate Israeli policies toward the Palestinians with Nazi policies toward the Jews, an increase from 30 percent in 2007, when the foundation conducted a similar study.

That's totally messed up and totally wrong. Yes, it is their "opinion" but objectively it is still totally wrong. Nazi policy towards Jews was mass extermination in industrialized death camps. Do Germans not learn this in their schools?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is so wrong with it? I remember that last year 2 palestinians killed 3 young Israelis. The israeli Military listen it at the phone and found the bloody car. And after this they reacted like the nazis!!! They killed over 2.000 palestinians!!! Mostly womans and kids? Damaged thousands of houses, companies, some hospitals and Schools.

Yes, they doný do it like the nazis with gas. They use the modern way and sent bombs.

But the result is the same: "If you Kill 1 Israeli, we kill thousands of YOU!!!" Like the Nazis done!!!

Millions of Jews killed by the Nazis, without Jews killing Germans as a trigger. Some of the Jews killed were German themselves.

""If you Kill 1 Israeli, we kill thousands of YOU!!!" Like the Nazis done!"? Are you trying to claim that the Nazis were killing Jews because Jews killed Germans? Like.....the Jews killed 6000 Germans and so 6 million of them were exterminated?

"The result is the same"....how exactly? After all, you're saying Israel uses "modern ways"...And yet the Palestinians claim that they will win through demographics and time. Get your arguments in order....

• Like 2

In 1982 I visited friends of mine in Olmitz in the czech republic, ( we drove a lorry from Germany full of potato for them) My friends Grand Father was there

( a czech Jew ) He said to me,and warned me, The Germans will at some stage have another Fuhrer,mark my words! These words I have never forgotten

and beleive to be 100% true.

Never forget never.

Who are interested who are the real aggressor must look this Video on YouTube.

An honest Israeli Jew tells the Real Truth about Israel - from Miko Peled, Son of General Peled.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etXAm-OylQQ

Miko Peled, apart from being a fine human being a nice guy - also belongs to what could be termed fringe far left.

His opinions are genuine, but to take this them as objective would be mistaken.

Well, as a member of the Zionist fringe you would say that wouldn't you. Your litotes doesn't fool anyone.

I think Miko Peled is a very brave man to speak the truth and he is very well qualified considering his background. One day he will be hailed as a righteous Israeli.

Me? Zionist fringe? Interesting.

Not that I clearly know what that means, but judging from my on record and consistent views regarding Israel's illegal (here it is again) settlement efforts, I'd say I would probably not be well accepted at your fantasy "Zionist Fringe", whatever this may be.

Miko Peled is indeed a good and brave man, all the more so for publicly holding unpopular politically fringe opinions. Perhaps it would do to point out that terming something fringe does not necessarily mean one is diametrically opposed to said views, the all or nothing tunnel vision is boring. As for his views being "the truth" - this is in as much as political opinion is true. How is Peled "very well qualified considering his background" is anybody's guess - there are ex-special forces and sons of generals on most sides of the Israeli political spectrum. Israel's Prime Minister is ex-special forces, does this suggest that his is "very well qualified considering his background" as well? As far as I am concerned, Miko Peled could be hailed as a righteous Israeli right now, but he's still in the fringe politics zone.

And one last pearl, in another post you erroneously stated that "the fact that 36 of the 37 signatories to the Israeli Declaration of Independence were illegal Jewish immigrants mainly from Eastern Europe speaks volumes" (http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/795049-study-germans-have-skeptical-view-of-israel/?p=8995267) - would that include Miko Peled's grandfather?

"His grandfather, Dr. Avraham Katsnelson was a Zionist leader and signer on the Israeli Declaration of Independence."

http://mikopeled.com/

If you believe that Jews anywhere in the world have an automatic right [some religious nut jobs say god given right] to live in Israel simply because they have a Jewish grandmother or have converted to Judaism, while Palestinians who were actually born there do not, then you are a Zionist.

Ex IDF Special Forces Miko Peled is indeed qualified to tell the truth about the suffering to the Palestinians caused by Israel’s establishment through the mass immigration and aggression of Zionists..he, his father, and his grandfather have been part of that Zionist military machine that caused the problem. He has now turned to making peace with his neighbors, something PM Netanyahu has never dreamt of doing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miko_Peled

Nothing erroneous about my statement at all... 36 out of 37 of Israel’s founders were illegal immigrants born outside Palestine and indeed it is a pearl that speaks volumes. Here’s the list along with their birthplaces:

Eliyahu Berligne (Belarus), Eliyahu Dobkin (Belarus), Eliezer Kaplan (Belarus), Avraham Katznelson (Belarus), Moshe Kolodny (Belarus), David Remez (Belarus), Haim-Moshe Shapira (Belarus), Zerach Warhaftig (Belarus), Aharon Zisling (Belarus), Meir David Loewenstein (Denmark), Fritz Bernstein (Germany), Wolf Gold (Germany), Felix Rosenblueth (Germany), David-Zvi Pinkas (Hungary), Herzl Vardi (Lithuania), Meir Vilner (Lithuania), Yehuda Leib Fishman (Moldova), Meir Grabovsky (Moldova), Avraham Granovsky (Moldova), David Ben-Gurion (Poland), Mordechai Bentov (Poland), Yitzhak Gruenbaum (Poland), Yitzhak-Meir Levin (Poland), Zvi Luria (Poland), Nahum Nir (Poland), Zvi Segal (Poland), Bechor-Shalom Sheetrit (Tiberias), Daniel Auster (Ukraine), Yitzhak Ben-Zvi (Ukraine), Rachel Cohen-Kagan (Ukraine), Kalman Kahana (Ukraine), Golda Meyerson (Ukraine), Berl Repetur (Ukraine), Ben-Zion Sternberg (Ukraine), Moshe Shertok (Ukraine), Saadia Kobashi (Yemen), Mordechai Shatner (Latvia)

• Like 1

If you believe that Jews anywhere in the world have an automatic right [some religious nut jobs say god given right] to live in Israel simply because they have a Jewish grandmother or have converted to Judaism, while Palestinians who were actually born there do not, then you are a Zionist.

Stop the foolishness. Israel is a sovereign country and it is up to them who they allow to become citizens - not those of your ilk. It is not up to you or the radical Muslims whose violent behavior and terrorist attacks you constantly make excuses and justifications for.

• Like 1

What Israelis and Jews need is Memory! Never forget!

Yes, NEVER FORGET!

Well, Jingthing, thanks for this one.

Love Ben Kingsley. Great actor.

But even he, speaking on the topic very sore for Jews, cannot avoid being Politically Correct.

True, the Europeans didn't grieve the murdered Jews.

Many of those piss weak representatives of European Culture are regretting that Hitler didn't finish the job.

The truth of the matter is: - Why blame only Hitler? Why blame only Nazis? Why blame only Germans?

As if the other nations didn't join in these atrocities. They did... and quite enthusiastically.

And not only French, Austrians. Latvians, Ukrainians, Hungarians, Croats and so on - the nations occupied by Germans, but Swedes, Norwegians, British and even Americans!

I do not wish to point at the facts supporting what I say.

Because I know I am being politically very incorrect. And not even apologising for it. Because it is true.

And because nobody wants to hear it! Nobody wants to listen! Nobody likes the truth!

Antisemitism or Jew hating permeates almost every nation.

IMHO this is because:

- the world was hurting Jews for Millennia. And our psycho hates those we hurt;

- the world owes Jews for their sufferings and for their contribution to the world. And our psycho does not like our creditors;

- the world is piss-weak in front of Islam except for the uncompromising Jews. And the people of the world are ashamed. Another reason to hate the Jews;

- many people of the world think Jews to be smarter than they are. Another reason to hate Jews;

- most people of the world see Jews as different (different God, language, appearance, customs etc.). Another reason to hate Jews;

- in every single country and in the whole world Jews are a minority. Another reason to hate them, use them as scapegoats and blame them for anything.

I like the Jews. I am fascinated by their history. I like their humor directed at anything but firstly at themselves. I admire their defiance in the face of overwhelming hostile majority.

I do not share their Religion. I am not a Religious type. But I appreciate the fact that they keep it to themselves. They do not force it on the world like you know who. Yes, I mean Muslims.

And I do not feel they are smarter than I am.

There are people I hate.

Among them there are some Jews.

But I cannot imagine hating a Jew because he is a Jew!

Many hot headed Jews haters here on TV.

I wonder if the Jews have collectively pissed in their beer?

Or spat in their tea?

Or maybe furnicated with their mom?

Unlikely... but maybe, just maybe these people are afraid of being dumber?...

Have a nice day all of you guys. tongue.png

• Like 2

Miko Peled, apart from being a fine human being a nice guy - also belongs to what could be termed fringe far left.

His opinions are genuine, but to take this them as objective would be mistaken.

Well, as a member of the Zionist fringe you would say that wouldn't you. Your litotes doesn't fool anyone.

I think Miko Peled is a very brave man to speak the truth and he is very well qualified considering his background. One day he will be hailed as a righteous Israeli.

Me? Zionist fringe? Interesting.

Not that I clearly know what that means, but judging from my on record and consistent views regarding Israel's illegal (here it is again) settlement efforts, I'd say I would probably not be well accepted at your fantasy "Zionist Fringe", whatever this may be.

Miko Peled is indeed a good and brave man, all the more so for publicly holding unpopular politically fringe opinions. Perhaps it would do to point out that terming something fringe does not necessarily mean one is diametrically opposed to said views, the all or nothing tunnel vision is boring. As for his views being "the truth" - this is in as much as political opinion is true. How is Peled "very well qualified considering his background" is anybody's guess - there are ex-special forces and sons of generals on most sides of the Israeli political spectrum. Israel's Prime Minister is ex-special forces, does this suggest that his is "very well qualified considering his background" as well? As far as I am concerned, Miko Peled could be hailed as a righteous Israeli right now, but he's still in the fringe politics zone.

And one last pearl, in another post you erroneously stated that "the fact that 36 of the 37 signatories to the Israeli Declaration of Independence were illegal Jewish immigrants mainly from Eastern Europe speaks volumes" (http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/795049-study-germans-have-skeptical-view-of-israel/?p=8995267) - would that include Miko Peled's grandfather?

"His grandfather, Dr. Avraham Katsnelson was a Zionist leader and signer on the Israeli Declaration of Independence."

http://mikopeled.com/

Ex IDF Special Forces Miko Peled is indeed qualified to tell the truth about the suffering to the Palestinians caused by Israel’s establishment through the mass immigration and aggression of Zionists..he, his father, and his grandfather have been part of that Zionist military machine that caused the problem. He has now turned to making peace with his neighbors, something PM Netanyahu has never dreamt of doing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miko_Peled

Nothing erroneous about my statement at all... 36 out of 37 of Israel’s founders were illegal immigrants born outside Palestine and indeed it is a pearl that speaks volumes. Here’s the list along with their birthplaces:

Eliyahu Berligne (Belarus), Eliyahu Dobkin (Belarus), Eliezer Kaplan (Belarus), Avraham Katznelson (Belarus), Moshe Kolodny (Belarus), David Remez (Belarus), Haim-Moshe Shapira (Belarus), Zerach Warhaftig (Belarus), Aharon Zisling (Belarus), Meir David Loewenstein (Denmark), Fritz Bernstein (Germany), Wolf Gold (Germany), Felix Rosenblueth (Germany), David-Zvi Pinkas (Hungary), Herzl Vardi (Lithuania), Meir Vilner (Lithuania), Yehuda Leib Fishman (Moldova), Meir Grabovsky (Moldova), Avraham Granovsky (Moldova), David Ben-Gurion (Poland), Mordechai Bentov (Poland), Yitzhak Gruenbaum (Poland), Yitzhak-Meir Levin (Poland), Zvi Luria (Poland), Nahum Nir (Poland), Zvi Segal (Poland), Bechor-Shalom Sheetrit (Tiberias), Daniel Auster (Ukraine), Yitzhak Ben-Zvi (Ukraine), Rachel Cohen-Kagan (Ukraine), Kalman Kahana (Ukraine), Golda Meyerson (Ukraine), Berl Repetur (Ukraine), Ben-Zion Sternberg (Ukraine), Moshe Shertok (Ukraine), Saadia Kobashi (Yemen), Mordechai Shatner (Latvia)

Except for the Yemeni, a bunch of Caucasians.....ironically much closer genetically to Aryans than to Semites.

• Like 1

Stop the foolishness. Israel is a sovereign country and it is up to them who they allow to become citizens - not those of your ilk. It is not up to you or the radical Muslims whose violent behavior and terrorist attacks you constantly make excuses and justifications for.

Sovereign country or not, Israel clearly employs a racist/religionist supremacist criterion for citizenship. Whereas Israeli Arabs are not even allowed to marry Palestinians from the West Bank even after security vetting. Gotta maintain racial superiority eh.

Perhaps that’s why modern Germans find fault with Israel. They experienced enough of that sort of attitude in their own history.

• Like 2

Sovereign country or not, Israel clearly employs a racist/religionist supremacist criterion for citizenship.

Israel is a Jewish state and can grant citizenship to who they like and while the Arab League supports the right of any Arab to become citizens of any Arab country, they have a single exception: Palestinians. Why do you completely ignore this hypocrisy?

The marriage restriction in Israel is not limited to Israeli Arabs. It applies to Jews as well and exemptions can be granted for Palestinian men over the age of 35, or women over 25. As one judge said: "Human rights are not a prescription for national suicide. As long as the Palestinians embrace terrorism, Israel has the right to protect themselves from it.

Edited by Ulysses G.
  • Like 2

As usual, you ignore Arab policies and zero in on the Jewish state for hateful rants. Palestinians are not allowed to become citizens of Arab countries. Palestinians face severe travel restrictions in the Arab world. They do not receive passports and their travel documents are only accepted by a few countries. Palestinians cannot vote or run for office in national elections. Children born to Palestinians do not get citizenship Arab countries either, which violates Article 7 of the Convention on the Rights of the Child. What utter hypocrisy ignoring Arab restrictions on other Arabs.

That's because Palestinians already have a home to go to...it's called Palestine...currently occupied by Zionists.

• Like 2

<snip>

Except for the Yemeni, a bunch of Caucasians.....ironically much closer genetically to Aryans than to Semites.

If you're going to engage in racial claptrap, at least get it right. There's another example even on that list. Happy hunting.

6,000,000 lives taken for no reason whatsoever! And you are talking about "pulling the holocaust card for sympathy".

I perceive disdain and scepticism in your wording.

If I were a victim or a relative of a victim - I would demand more than sympathy!

And I deny Germany the right to have sceptical view of Israel! They can only feel guilt!

Thanks for providing such a clear example of why sympathy is evaporating. Modern Germans have nothing to do with what happened and should put an end to the 'extortion racket' that the Holocaust Industry has become. Der Spiegel mentions this... http://www.spiegel.de/international/world/new-wave-of-shoah-claims-holocaust-groups-demand-more-compensation-from-germany-a-515984.html

'...there is another group of plaintiffs who are eyed with suspicion, even by Israeli critics of past compensation programs. These are the children of Holocaust survivors, the so-called second generation. Psychologists assume that some of them -- estimates put the proportion at between 5 and 10 percent -- have literally inherited the trauma of their parents. A class action suit has been filed against Germany on behalf of these second-generation survivors -- something that the author Teitelbaum calls a "scandal" that trivializes the suffering of actual survivors.'

and the all-time classic... "just give us the money."

The financial misuse of this event is bad enough but the political misuse is legion. This, from Haaretz, talks about Netenyahu but the same principle applies to others... http://www.haaretz.com/blogs/strenger-than-fiction/netanyahu-must-stop-misusing-the-holocaust-1.409191

'...stop using it as a trump card to score political points. Doing so cheapens the Holocaust; it clouds the mind, and it distorts historical and political judgment.'

Some forum members may wish to take note.

Reading the whole article (the quote in the post is actually on page 2) a more balanced view emerges. The issue described in the quote is not central to the article as a whole, but comes to illustrate an extreme example. Much of the rest touches on the issues concerning post-war restitution - and there could be cases made for either side in these negotiations not being upfront. For example -

Officials at Berlin's government ministries have varying opinions on just how far this responsibility goes. Diplomats in the Foreign Ministry are fundamentally willing to talk, partly because they are only too aware of the methods the Adenauer administration used to reduce compensation payments. Under its policy, compensation was only paid to those who had been imprisoned for at least six months in a concentration camp or one year in the ghetto. Untold numbers of Nazi victims were excluded because they were not part of the "German linguistic and cultural sphere."

That there are some looking to make money off the Holocaust is not debated. The suggested implication that all complaints raised are just about greed, is. Seeing as this article is from 2007 - care to inform us how things actually panned out? Or just another hit and run thing?

As for political misuse of the Holocaust - yes. This is indeed demeaning, dishonest and often a "cry wolf" behavior which could, in my opinion, have negative consequences. Once again, this needs to be qualified, as not every instance of bringing up the Holocaust in political context is considered misuse. I would further agree that Netanyahu is definitely over-doing it, by any standards.

It would also be worthwhile to point out that both articles incorporate critical Jewish views.

• Like 1

Sovereign country or not, Israel clearly employs a racist/religionist supremacist criterion for citizenship.

Israel is a Jewish state and can grant citizenship to who they like and while the Arab League supports the right of any Arab to become citizens of any Arab country, they have a single exception: Palestinians. Why do you say nothing about this hypocrisy?

The marriage restriction in Israel is not limited to Israeli Arabs. It applies to Jews as well and exemptions can be granted for Palestinian men over the age of 35, or women over 25. As one judge said: "Human rights are not a prescription for national suicide. As long as the Palestinians embrace terrorism, Israel has the right to protect themselves from it.

So even more racial stereotyping... the Jewish Israeli judge and you claim ALL Palestinians are terrorists.

Didn’t the Nazis profile ALL Jews in the same way as “enemies of the state”

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Themes_in_Nazi_propaganda#Jews

...I am astounded at the irony in your statement. And you wonder why modern Germans have little respect for Israel and its apologists.

I didn't know about the Arab prohibition against Palestinians.......is it perhaps in place because Palestinians as a group are actually the closest thing to a true Semite that exists in the world?

Those poor downtrodden people! Hated and discriminated against by Israel, discriminated against by the whole of right wing America, and also discriminated against by Arabs. So sad.

The Germans are in a bind, haunted by their past they look for Nazis, but they are looking in the wrong place, well most of them are.

http://www.breitbart.com/national-security/2015/01/24/german-anti-islamisation-marches-what-the-mainstream-media-doesnt-want-you-to-know/

This is why they vilify the anti-Islamisation marches by falsely alluding to memories of Nazism, what a sad inversion of the truth. Israel is fighting against the new Nazis, as Europe will be soon. The media know this but spin lies for reasons I can only speculate on.

• Like 2

<snip>

If you're going to engage in racial claptrap, at least get it right. There's another example even on that list. Happy hunting.

In your two sentences you contradict yourself. The first sentence implies I'm wrong about the races, the second confirms that I'm right.

However, the above could be misplaced criticism if by claptrap you meant to convey that race has nothing to do with the subject at hand.

Race has everything to do with the Zionist justification of it's "project".