Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Well it seems as much as Levy wants to go and buy Suarez, H is not too sure about him so no transfer as of yet, still it's nice to see a manager not spending his club's money willy nilly and we have to respect our man for this :(.

PS.Harry's probaly waiting for another Van der vart to come along

If he's waiting for anothe rVDV, why don't he trust Levy's judgement on Suarez then ??

" I didn't push him ( Levy ) to be honest, I don't want to push him ( Levy ) to buy anybody, I didn't want to spend his ( Levy's ) money." close quotes & that was after a Phonecall from Levy telling Redknapp that he could possibly sign VDV.

Nice to see a Manager not spending Club money yeah, cos if Redknapp had his way, you wouldn't fcukign have VDV..:rolleyes:

Edit : & before i get accused of making it up, here's good old H admitting it..Nice to see you Spuds bang on the money where your Manager & Club are concerened, as usual...:D

http://www.we-are-fo...ttenhams-season

113.gif Yes iv'e caught a scammer, thought i would do using that bait, the bait being Harry of course 113.gif

And the best bit about it is that i'm not going to even reply to singhers ramblings :D

Bullsh*t, Fishing my arse...

Bit of a yawn. Times have changed when Man U play an entire second half for a draw. Dean is a plonker.

Not a bad assessment although we should have scored in the first half.....second half yeah I admit to falling asleep as well....and when SAF indicated to play more compact the game was over really.

Fair point for us though is decent enough no complaints. :)

, so any word on this MASSIVE sigmature striker?????

ya couldve done with the likes of suarez or benzema against 1 of your top "4" rivals . shall we call them. ,

2bob deluded no marks :D

One point imola. Not to worry. Eventually Daniel Levy will get tired of hearing how good Crutchie is and go out and buy a new striker anyway. ;):D

If he's waiting for anothe rVDV, why don't he trust Levy's judgement on Suarez then ??

" I didn't push him ( Levy ) to be honest, I don't want to push him ( Levy ) to buy anybody, I didn't want to spend his ( Levy's ) money." close quotes & that was after a Phonecall from Levy telling Redknapp that he could possibly sign VDV.

Nice to see a Manager not spending Club money yeah, cos if Redknapp had his way, you wouldn't fcukign have VDV..:rolleyes:

Edit : & before i get accused of making it up, here's good old H admitting it..Nice to see you Spuds bang on the money where your Manager & Club are concerened, as usual...:D

http://www.we-are-fo...ttenhams-season

113.gif Yes iv'e caught a scammer, thought i would do using that bait, the bait being Harry of course 113.gif

And the best bit about it is that i'm not going to even reply to singhers ramblings :D

Bullsh*t, Fishing my arse...

If your going to start quoting people at least put the previous quote in so people get a fuller picture

"I've got a present for you." I said what's that and he said well, Van der Vaart on loan, would you be interested and I said yeah sure that would be a great loan signing,

funny how you missed that one ;)

Do you really think that Levy would have signed him if Harry didn't want too and if as you seem to imply that Levy makes the decisions then why hasn't he bought Suarez, surely no one can be that naive singher.

We are not like your 2 bob outfit that seems to be run by everyone apart from the manager, Iv'e heard even the tea lady gets a say in who plays :o:D .

We are not like your 2 bob outfit that seems to be run by everyone apart from the manager, Iv'e heard even the tea lady gets a say in who plays :o:D .

Here we are alf.....

In her column in The Sun, Brady wrote: "Despite recent criticism - and there's more today - never in 17 years have I tried to interfere with management or running of the teams. I don't score that kind of OG (own goal). But I do believe in airing an opinion."

http://latestnews.virginmedia.com/news/sport/2011/01/15/grant_speculation_continues_1?vmsrc=pamread

:D

DR: And Van der Vaart, what does he bring, and when did you know he was coming?

HR: Well it was a late, late shout to be honest, it was transfer deadline day at about four o'clock I think I got the phone-call from the chairman to say sort of, you know, “I've got a present for you.” I said what's that and he said well, Van der Vaart on loan, would you be interested and I said yeah sure that would be a great loan signing, so that's how I left it, and about five o'clock it turned out it was no loan and it wasn't possible and the chairman came back and said look I've got a chance to buy him at a good price. I didn't push him to be honest, I don't want to push him to buy anybody,

I didn't want to spend his money.

Maybe in your Cuckooland that quote implies that it's your Manager pulling the strings at your Club & can/should take the credit for VDV, but it sure as <deleted> doesn't to me..

In the real world. as a Manager, if you " don't wnat to spend money " it means you don't want to sign Players..

Here we are alf.....

In her column in The Sun, Brady wrote: "Despite recent criticism - and there's more today - never in 17 years have I tried to interfere with management or running of the teams. I don't score that kind of OG (own goal). But I do believe in airing an opinion."

http://latestnews.vi...1?vmsrc=pamread

Do yourself a favour Lloyd, don't start teeing him up & getting him to fight your Corner..

He hasn't even had the courtesey to acknowledge that he can now understand the word " maybe "..;)

A decent performance yesterday. Modders outstanding again.

The only down point for me is Crouch. Maybe he does give us something else but whatever it is i don't want it. Why are we paying him 70k per week for half a dozen knock downs a season? This guy has become embarrasingly bad. We MUST buy a world class striker, and will someone buy Crouch from us. I heard Liverpool were interested and my offer still stands to drive him up there.

Edited by carmine

DR: And Van der Vaart, what does he bring, and when did you know he was coming?

HR: Well it was a late, late shout to be honest, it was transfer deadline day at about four o'clock I think I got the phone-call from the chairman to say sort of, you know, "I've got a present for you." I said what's that and he said well, Van der Vaart on loan, would you be interested and I said yeah sure that would be a great loan signing, so that's how I left it, and about five o'clock it turned out it was no loan and it wasn't possible and the chairman came back and said look I've got a chance to buy him at a good price. I didn't push him to be honest, I don't want to push him to buy anybody,

I didn't want to spend his money.

Maybe in your Cuckooland that quote implies that it's your Manager pulling the strings at your Club & can/should take the credit for VDV, but it sure as <deleted> doesn't to me..

In the real world. as a Manager, if you " don't wnat to spend money " it means you don't want to sign Players..

You seem to be waffling around the issue again,and you havn't answered these question

Do you really think that Levy would have signed him if Harry didn't want too ? and if as you seem to imply that Levy makes the decisions then why hasn't he bought Suarez ? and when have you ever believed quotes from Harry ? :o:D

Been reading a few Tottenham forums this weekend regarding the possible purchase of Carroll, and most seem to think that 30 million is way too much for someone who is 21 and with not too many top flight games. Maybe they have a point as 30 mill could get Jonny Foreigner with bags of top flight goals/experience for that kind of money.

But with this being the case then surely Bale cant be worth anymore then 15 million or so as Forwards are more expensive then wingers and Carroll is English whereas Bale is nothing more then a Taffy. Im curious to know what the Yids on here believe would be a fair price for Bale where ManUre or a top club to come calling?

Edited by Englander

Where has 30 million come from?

Wingers not as expensive as forwards i think in this case is wrong Bale is worth more than Carroll for sure and bringing what country they are from has got nothing to do with ability(Giggs)

"Im curious to know what the Yids on here believe would be a fair price for Bale where ManUre or a top club to come calling? "

Bale around 20 million in todays market

Carrol around 12 million nobody has bid anything for him yet have they? is he any good,1 season!

United could always swap Berbatov for Bale after all that would solve there problems,if carroll is worth 30 mill whats Berbatov worth now? top scorer this season.

Wingers not as expensive as forwards i think in this case is wrong Bale is worth more than Carroll for sure and bringing what country they are from has got nothing to do with ability(Giggs)

"Im curious to know what the Yids on here believe would be a fair price for Bale where ManUre or a top club to come calling? "

Carrol around 12 million nobody has bid anything for him yet have they? is he any good,1 season!

United could always swap Berbatov for Bale after all that would solve there problems,if carroll is worth 30 mill whats Berbatov worth now? top scorer this season.

Berbatov is worth less then when you bought him as he is 30 with 18 months on his contract, but well done at being able to read a question.

And for certain wingers arent as expensive as forwards unless youre Ronaldo and he is arguably a forward.

But my point is Bale and Carroll both have had a similar amount of top flight games (Bale 20 more), both have had done well in the last 12 months, and both look as if theyve similar potential to be top class for a long time, so how they can say one is worth a fortune as he plays for their club yet the other is still a risk as he's young and a bit of a punt, it doesnt add up.

Been reading a few Tottenham forums this weekend regarding the possible purchase of Carroll, and most seem to think that 30 million is way too much for someone who is 21 and with not too many top flight games. Maybe they have a point as 30 mill could get Jonny Foreigner with bags of top flight goals/experience for that kind of money.

But with this being the case then surely Bale cant be worth anymore then 15 million or so as Forwards are more expensive then wingers and Carroll is English whereas Bale is nothing more then a Taffy. Im curious to know what the Yids on here believe would be a fair price for Bale where ManUre or a top club to come calling?

Firstly, Carroll is more like a 15m investment and i would'nt want him at that. Unproven, but with potential and with a personality that could send him off the rails, especially in London.

Secondly, I agree with you about the cost of strikers but you have to remember and take into account the number of goals Bale scores. There is also a growing feeling within the club that he could have his game adapted to be even more of an attacking role.

No, Gareth is worth absolute fortunes if he were for sale, which he's not.

Looks like PSB is more interested in getting his fat wage cheque than playing football and will be sitting on our bench for some considerable time.

If we are so well run financially, why are we paying Pienaar 70k per week when we don't even need him, PSB 70k per week to run around shouting and pointing at reserve players, Crouch, another 70k per week, the useless <deleted> that does'nt know how to kick the ball and scored one premier league goal all season etc etc etc....

Any stupid, banal comments from the West Ham thread welcome...:huh::ermm::D

Edited by carmine

We might be tempted to swop Bale for Berbatov if you threw in Rooney......

On second thoughts no we would'nt.

Comparisons between Bale and Carroll are offensive and finally GARETH IS NOT FOR SALE

Comparisons between Bale and Carroll are offensive and finally GARETH IS NOT FOR SALE

They all are at the right price and suitable wage packet when at teams like Newcastle and Spurs, it was only 18 months ago Bale was on his way to Newcastle on loan until he got injured.

But ive seen world class players come through at Newcastle ie Gazza Waddle Beardsley and this kid is as good as the latter 2, he'll never be in Gazzas league though just as Bale will never be.

Edit - Even a year ago there was talk of Bale being loaned out and some Yid internet followers only saw him as a average replacement for BAE whoever that maybe, so in one year your claiming he has gone from a sub to the worlds best winger ... i rest my case!

http://www.tottenhamhotspurs.tv/forum/transfer-news/9827-spurs-duo-roman-pavlyuchenko-gareth-bale-set-lisbon-loan-miguel-veloso.html

Edited by Englander

They all are at the right price and suitable wage packet when at teams like Newcastle and Spurs, it was only 18 months ago Bale was on his way to Newcastle on loan until he got injured.

But ive seen world class players come through at Newcastle ie Gazza Waddle Beardsley and this kid is as good as the latter 2, he'll never be in Gazzas league though just as Bale will never be.

Edit - Even a year ago there was talk of Bale being loaned out and some Yid internet followers only saw him as a average replacement for BAE whoever that maybe, so in one year your claiming he has gone from a sub to the worlds best winger ... i rest my case!

http://www.tottenham...uel-veloso.html

I really don't know what point you are trying to make other than quoting anonomous armchair fans from unofficial websites. Why don't you atleast let him reach his 23rd birthday before grawing comparisons to latter day players.

I rest my case. ;)

If we are so well run financially, why are we paying Pienaar 70k per week when we don't even need him,

Her'es the first stupid, banal comment..

Because you're not as well run Financially as everyone would like you to believe ??

Becayse Henry has a new penchant for ZA Players & believes Ivan Modia, Pienaar's Agent, can get him " in " with a few ??

If we are so well run financially, why are we paying Pienaar 70k per week when we don't even need him,

Because you're not as well run Financially as everyone would like you to believe ??

Becayse Henry has a new penchant for ZA Players & believes Ivan Modia, Pienaar's Agent, can get him " in " with a few ??

On the scale of 1- 10, what level of stupid or banal would that be then ?? ;)

Not bad but could do better....maybe a five...over to you.....:)

Not bad but could do better....maybe a five...over to you.....:)

5/10 for the truth..:D

Up the Sp*ds..

Pienaar is a done deal......so now we have 46 midfielders....:blink:

Arry saying Robbie is a great player....'He just needs a move....he wants to play...'

Errrr....yeah ok 'Arry the true picture is a bit different. A few long cross country runs and a reserve match every week if ya will 'Arry....like yu said he needs a few games. :angry:

Arry saying Robbie is a great player....'He just needs a move....he wants to play...'

Errrr....yeah ok 'Arry the true picture is a bit different. A few long cross country runs and a reserve match every week if ya will 'Arry....like yu said he needs a few games. :angry:

Shrewd move Twitchy. £3.5m for an honest down to earth experienced guy with talent aint expensive and you need a benchman for Bale and Lennon (he can play wider and further up than the Toffees play him). With 3 trophies still to play for you can't play both for 90 minutes twice a week for 3 months and both tend to burn themselves out in 70 minutes when they are playing well anyway.

A much better deal than £18m for Bent. Nice body swerve Geordie-lad! He was showing every sign of having a disappointing second half season. Keane might suit you and the bank balance sir?

On second thoughts perhaps Geordie-lad is going to stun the North East and buy Carroll. Now that would be one out of left field - and one for the comfortable front five to sit up and take notice of.

Shrewd move Twitchy. £3.5m for an honest down to earth experienced guy with talent aint expensive and you need a benchman for Bale and Lennon (he can play wider and further up than the Toffees play him). With 3 trophies still to play for you can't play both for 90 minutes twice a week for 3 months and both tend to burn themselves out in 70 minutes when they are playing well anyway.

A much better deal than £18m for Bent. Nice body swerve Geordie-lad! He was showing every sign of having a disappointing second half season. Keane might suit you and the bank balance sir?

On second thoughts perhaps Geordie-lad is going to stun the North East and buy Carroll. Now that would be one out of left field - and one for the comfortable front five to sit up and take notice of.

Carroll won't move to the mackems...although it would be typical of Ashley wouldn't it? :D

Yeah Pienaar is a good player but with Keane I just cn't see anyone buying him with wage demands so high.....maybe with cash burning a hole they will be desperate enough...we can only hope....