Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Now we really need to focus on the West Ham derby.

Nice to see you give advancing to the Quarter's of the CL about 6 hours of time but want to give the focus of playing us 10 days, priorities & all that aye..:D

we are a club on the up, looking forward and trying to focus on every new hurdle. Our priority has always been and still is top four and i don't believe we would beat Barca in the final. :)

In that case, you are most certainly NOT a Club on the up..

Just ask Blackpool, West Ham & Wolves etc

o.k. so honest answer now spuds.

really think you have what it takes to get into the semi - finals of the CL ?

I think they have provided they draw Schalke..

Or Inter. :D

It's a better Inter now, without a doubt..

A Beniterless Inter who are much better organised & playing better Football..

A much different Team to the one you lost at at their place & celebrated like you beat them, & beat at yours..

Or Inter. :D

No mate, anyone but Barca is fine. Personally, i would love to draw Madrid if they progress.

Now we really need to focus on the West Ham derby.

Nice to see you give advancing to the Quarter's of the CL about 6 hours of time but want to give the focus of playing us 10 days, priorities & all that aye..:D

we are a club on the up, looking forward and trying to focus on every new hurdle. Our priority has always been and still is top four and i don't believe we would beat Barca in the final. :)

:blink:

No mate, anyone but Barca is fine. Personally, i would love to draw Madrid if they progress.

Anyone but Barcelona eh.....aye every other team will feel the same especially Madrid I think :D

I'd prefer to avoid manure if they progress as well. Any of the others would be welcome.

Don't matter who we get they will be tough matches.....and highly enjoyable simply for being there as well.

Know what I mean Singher? ;) ;)

:D

Anyone but Barcelona eh.....aye every other team will feel the same especially Madrid I think :D

I'd prefer to avoid manure if they progress as well. Any of the others would be welcome.

Don't matter who we get they will be tough matches.....and highly enjoyable simply for being there as well.

I'll say again, if Barca were to draw Shaktar i think we are in for a surprise. I very much doubt Barca will like the away leg.

I'll say again, if Barca were to draw Shaktar i think we are in for a surprise. I very much doubt Barca will like the away leg.

I don't think its fair to say Barca can't be beaten. Clearly to play them at there own game is suicide.

Shakhtar are the other form team so yeah anything could happen.....when is the draw btw?

I don't think its fair to say Barca can't be beaten. Clearly to play them at there own game is suicide.

Shakhtar are the other form team so yeah anything could happen.....when is the draw btw?

Ofcourse they can be beaten. I just don't want Tottenham to have to be the ones to do it until the final that is ;):D

At the end of the day every team has an off day. Inter proved they can be beaten and theres no reason why it could'nt happen again. realistically i think the best chance is a one off in the final.

Anyway, this talk is wasted as none of us know yet who Sepp has decided will win the competition this year. ;):(

Edited by carmine

Goldfish memory strikes again..

Yeah i do, it's all about participating..

Not actually winning anything at all.

Edit : Seriously, but Carmine's right, Shakhtar are the Dark Horse for the Competition in my opinion.

I believe they are the only on'es that could beat Barca over 2 Legs, they couldn't beat them in the Final though in a one off..

I believe your lot can progress further if you can draw anyone but Real, Shakhtar or Barca & i would strongly fancy you over Man United & Chelsea, honestly..

Edited by MSingh

The draw throughotu has been extremely kind to them in the Qualifier, Group & then drawing Milan, so why would it not continue ??

Well done for getting through, big achievement this..

Here we go again. The draw has been kind has it!!!!!:lol:

We get drwn with the european champions and then by virtue of winning our group we get the runaway serie A leaders.

Oh and i forgot, we had to face a team in the qualifier that plays on astro turf which is a crazy leveller if ever there was won.

Come on mate really. :(

Yeah, the draw has been very kind Carmine..

You got one of the Teams that we worked out we all believed you would progress against in teh Qualifiers = Good draw

You drew an Inter Milan Team that were great last Year, horrific in the first part of this Year, managed by the fat Spanish Waiter who was promptly Sacked after about 4 Months because of how backward he took them, you also drew Werder Bremen who were great last Year but are hovering around the Relegation Zone of the Bundesliga at the moment & have been all Season, & a Ditch Club who are not Ajax, PSV or Feyenoord = Fabulous Group draw.

Then you drew Milan who are runaway Leaders of quite simply the worst standard Italian League for Gid knows how long, an AC Milan Team with Seedorf ( 35 next Month ), Nesta ( 35 next week ), Robinho who couldn't cut it in the Prem & Kevin Prince Boateng, a Kid who couldn't cut it at your place, running their fcukign Midfield = Great draw..

So yeah, the draw has been kind..:)

If anyone can point out any of the above which isn't the truth, i'd be happy to say i was wrong..;)

Didn't think so...:)

o.k. i will try and answer it all in the same post.

firstly, i dont think that the spuds had an easy draw, especially in the group stages where they did well to even qualify first time round let alone top the group.

secondly, to get past any Italian outfit in a European competition at any stage requires a certain style of play and game plan, of which spurs executed down to a tee ! got the all important away win / goal and defended it at home in a dour second leg. classic old type of European cup encounter of years gone by.

and thirdly, yes i do think that spurs have it them as an outfit to get through to the semi - finals if drawn the right opponents and given a bit of luck along the way, but doesn't every team need a bit of luck somewhere along the line.

i will say this though, get drawn anyone from Barca, Madrid or even Chelsea ohmy.gif and they will rip you apart. on the flip side of that i actually do reckon if you were to get Man United in the next round, i think you could get past them over two legs.

Edited by tigerfish

o.k. i will try and answer it all in the same post.

firstly, i dont think that the spuds had an easy draw, especially in the group stages where they did well to even qualify first time round let alone top the group.

secondly, to get past any Italian outfit in a European competition at any stage requires a certain style of play and game plan, of which spurs executed down to a tee ! got the all important away win / goal and defended it at home in a dour second leg. classic old type of European cup encounter of years gone by.

and thirdly, yes i do think that spurs have it them as an outfit to get through to the semi - finals if drawn the right opponents and given a bit of luck along the way, but doesn't every team need a bit of luck somewhere along the line.

i will say this though, get drawn anyone from Barca, Madrid or even Chelsea ohmy.gif and they will rip you apart. on the flip side of that i actually do reckon if you were to get Man United in the next round, i think you could get past them over two legs.

Do you really reckon Chelsea would rip them apart ??

I certainly don't..

Credit where credit is due and SPERM have done great in the champions league this season but its a shame in a way that they will have to wait X amount years until there next appearence.:D

Binnsy in his usual roundabout way is trying to say he admires us for having the X factor. :D

Credit where credit is due and SPERM have done great in the champions league this season but its a shame in a way that they will have to wait X amount years until there next appearence.:D

Binnsy in his usual roundabout way is trying to say he admires us for having the X factor. :D

Not really. He's just talking a load of cobblers like Walter. :D

No Cobblers from my Keyboard as usual Carmine, just the truth..:)

Why is that? We are on the up and our priorities have always been the same.

No Cobblers from my Keyboard as usual Carmine, just the truth..:)

Hmmmmmmmm :lol:

Why is that? We are on the up and our priorities have always been the same.

How are you on the up ??

You finished 4th last Year, currently you're 5th !!

& you just drew at Wolves & lost at Blackpool a couple of weeks back..

If you think that's " on the up ", you wnat your head tested..:blink:

How are you on the up ??

Unfortunately Citeh are even more 'on the up' although given their recent form anything is possible.

As Alfredo would remind us its all about the final positions and we still have to play all the other sides. Six pointers right through April.

Wait and see.

How are you on the up ??

Unfortunately Citeh are even more 'on the up' although given their recent form anything is possible.

As Alfredo would remind us its all about the final positions and we still have to play all the other sides. Six pointers right through April.

Wait and see.

Smokie, Man City are about to get knocked out of the Europa league and we are in the quarter finals of the CL!!!!!

If we win our gane in hand we are but two points behind them.

How on earth are they more on the up.

Anyways, singher is putting forward the most ridiculous arguement to try and get a bite and i won't be the one. :D

He's judging our season thus far on our last two league games. :lol:

:jap:

Edited by carmine

Wait and see.

Smokie, Man City are about to get knocked out of the Europa league and we are in the quarter finals of the CL!!!!!

If we win our gane in hand we are but two points behind them.

How on earth are they more on the up.

Anyways, singher is putting forward the most ridiculous arguement to try and get a bite and i won't be the one. :D

He's judging our season thus far on our last two league games. :lol:

:jap:

What's European Competition got to do with it ??

This specific conversation is about the Prem, like you said..:blink:

& City are 3rd in teh League, you're 5th..

What are you struggling to understand about this basic Math ??

& i'm not judging your Season on teh last 2 Games, i'm questioning your wrong point that your Team are " on teh up " when you clearly are not..

" We are on the up and our priorities have always been the same. " you said a few Posts ago..

You also said a few days ago that " Our priority has always been and still is top four "..

So, by your logic, we've figured out that your Priority is the Prem & you're " on the up " because your a place below where you finished last Year, even though you've dropped 5 Points in your last 2 Games at 2 Clubs that are favourites from the drop..

Sound logic that, yeah..:blink:

Sounds like you're clutching at Straws Mr Casrmine to be honest..

Like the Wolves Game was in your words, " a huge Game " your next is even mor important i'd guess considering you dropped points in that huge Game previously ??

& we rub our handsgoing to your Gaff with nothing to lose, & i can remember what you said recently about a Team that has nothing to lose too..;)

& i'm not judging your Season on teh last 2 Games, i'm questioning your wrong point that your Team are " on teh up " when you clearly are not..

" We are on the up and our priorities have always been the same. " you said a few Posts ago..

You also said a few days ago that " Our priority has always been and still is top four "..

So, by your logic, we've figured out that your Priority is the Prem & you're " on the up " because your a place below where you finished last Year, even though you've dropped 5 Points in your last 2 Games at 2 Clubs that are favourites from the drop..

Like the Wolves Game was in your words, " a huge Game " your next is even mor important i'd guess considering you dropped points in that huge Game previously ??

& we rub our handsgoing to your Gaff with nothing to lose, & i can remember what you said recently about a Team that has nothing to lose too..;)

Elephant memory strikes again... biggrin.gif

Elephant memory strikes again... biggrin.gif

Only when it suits me Rix..:D

Nevertheless we are a young side with bags of talent and still improving. Plenty of scope for us to be 'on the up'. :D

When you've all finished bickering you can respond to my assertion that we'll do very well in April when it really matters. I still say we'll finish in the top four.....at whose expense I'd say Chelski.....but I'd prefer an Arse collapse! :lol:

Nevertheless we are a young side with bags of talent and still improving. Plenty of scope for us to be 'on the up'. :D

When you've all finished bickering you can respond to my assertion that we'll do very well in April when it really matters. I still say we'll finish in the top four.....at whose expense I'd say Chelski.....but I'd prefer an Arse collapse! :lol:

never gonna happen mate ! keep dreaming, that is for yet another year. whistling.gif us gooners have lost count the last time it was you finished above us in the league. rolleyes.gif

as for finishing above Chelsea, i dont think its going to happen and i think you are going to have your work cut out what with making it to the CL final and all that. biggrin.gif

Edited by tigerfish