Tottenham Thread

chonabot

The worst thing that could have happened to us was beating the barcodes 5-0, H with his lack of braincells now thinks we can do all teams with a 442 and that Saha is a world beater, thats how short sighted he is when it comes to tactics and formations 102.gif.

Whats it going to take to stop him playing 4-4-2? Unbelievable. What did Redknapp really expect?!

Norwich were clearly the better side. very impressed with them, and they had a big shout for a penalty. Kaboul and King were all over the place. The decline in King over the second half of the season is marked.

CL seems rather distant and on that performance, beyond us.

X 10 English players in Norwich's starting eleven last night, some of which came up through the Championship - very good going that!

Spurs look at odds now and in someways should got more out of some games earlier on but... ( bit like Liverpool)

How an earth has 3rd and now 4 th become a fight between Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea and Newcastle ? Never predicted Newcastle continuing their run of form...

"Bastion of Invincibility" Liverpool Football Club.

The worst thing that could have happened to us was beating the barcodes 5-0, H with his lack of braincells now thinks we can do all teams with a 442 and that Saha is a world beater, thats how short sighted he is when it comes to tactics and formations 102.gif.

Can't/couldn't he see how hopelessly exposed our center backs were?! And <deleted> does Kevin Bond do? Just sit there agreeing with him? Apparently even the season ticket holders that sit behind them are screaming out about his obsession with 4-4-2. They know were not right with it and the worst thing of all is when we romped home with a win at carrow road earlier in the season he set us up in a 4-2-3-1.

If Redknapp doesn't stop these suicide tactics we'll easily miss out on top four. and the team looks flat and demoralised.

Whats it going to take to stop him playing 4-4-2? Unbelievable. What did Redknapp really expect?!

Norwich were clearly the better side. very impressed with them, and they had a big shout for a penalty. Kaboul and King were all over the place. The decline in King over the second half of the season is marked.

CL seems rather distant and on that performance, beyond us.

X 10 English players in Norwich's starting eleven last night, some of which came up through the Championship - very good going that!

Spurs look at odds now and in someways should got more out of some games earlier on but... ( bit like Liverpool)

How an earth has 3rd and now 4 th become a fight between Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea and Newcastle ? Never predicted Newcastle continuing their run of form...

"Bastion of Invincibility" Liverpool Football Club.

Whilst we are playing Chelsea next weelend Newcastle have a home game against Stoke i believe.

What an oppotunity to exert more pressure on us and the chavs and make an even stronger case that they really are the top scottish side!

Well, who would have seen that coming? not I for sure. As for Norwich being the better team, what abso <deleted>, Whilst i don't begrudged them the win, one cant argue with the score line They are a limited team with a solid work ethic, who got lucky. They used The same tactics many have tried with and failed seem to now prove effective, why? you cant really blame Aris tactic's today, he needed to switch things around weve got a heavy schedule. but IMO you can firmly point a finger at this mid season transfer window dealings, the one's we brought in ARNT GOOD ENUF, and the one's we let go,,well perhaps we shouldn't have, seems in one window we've gone from having a squad thats ready 4 the champions league to one thats just not good enuf . Parker was missed yesterday.and the usual kicking seems to have taken it's toll on bale and the normally effervescent modric, they dont seem to quite get up from the usaul muggings with that extra sping, seems the season has taken it's toll. as it has for walker, hardly saw him make those characteristic runs which we saw so much early season. Quite frankly if it wasn.t for his speed, he would a liability his distribution and positioning is borderline suicidal. Asseo boy , seems to be the only one that is keeping his early season form up. And as for King as i've said b4 his injuries/ history is beginning to show, best he looks for a new challenge. Lets just hope ari can rally the troops 4 the fa cup and we can hold onto 4 th position, 3 rd's gone i'm afraid.

Well, who would have seen that coming? not I for sure. As for Norwich being the better team, what abso <deleted>, Whilst i don't begrudged them the win, one cant argue with the score line They are a limited team with a solid work ethic, who got lucky. They used The same tactics many have tried with and failed seem to now prove effective, why? you cant really blame Aris tactic's today, he needed to switch things around weve got a heavy schedule. but IMO you can firmly point a finger at this mid season transfer window dealings, the one's we brought in ARNT GOOD ENUF, and the one's we let go,,well perhaps we shouldn't have, seems in one window we've gone from having a squad thats ready 4 the champions league to one thats just not good enuf . Parker was missed yesterday.and the usual kicking seems to have taken it's toll on bale and the normally effervescent modric, they dont seem to quite get up from the usaul muggings with that extra sping, seems the season has taken it's toll. as it has for walker, hardly saw him make those characteristic runs which we saw so much early season. Quite frankly if it wasn.t for his speed, he would a liability his distribution and positioning is borderline suicidal. Asseo boy , seems to be the only one that is keeping his early season form up. And as for King as i've said b4 his injuries/ history is beginning to show, best he looks for a new challenge. Lets just hope ari can rally the troops 4 the fa cup and we can hold onto 4 th position, 3 rd's gone i'm afraid.

Well judging from all the media reports and everyone i've spoken to, if you don't think they deserved it then it would appear you are on your own on this one. smile.png

We have a big, quality squad. the kids played in the europa, not this lot. We were knocked out of the worthless cup right at the beginning. Redknapp fielded second stringers against watford and stevenage.

Bottom line is that this first string should be vibrant, full of beans and raring for the last few games and not jaded and short of pace and fitness.

Please give Dev back his rose tinted specs rij theres no excuses for this

Edited by carmine

Rose tinted glass's being used here I think, Norwich were a far better team on the day, as for using the same tactics, lol They switched formations during the game 4 times yesterday, master tactics from Paul Lambert, Spurs did not know what was hitting them. If they are a limited team, what does that make Spurs? flat 4 4 2 with no imagination, just a few gifted players

There was at least one denied penalty and a 50/50 call on another, Spurs were very lucky they did not lose by more. I would not swap 1 of our back four for Led King

The punters on Match of the Day were raving about Norwich and their playing style. We have now taken points of all the top 6 teams. Holt is superb, if he is not picked for England, than that is their loss, I would prefer him to rest during the summer anyway .

Norwich were outstanding against Everton on Saturday, and nothing sort of brilliant against Spurs

Rose tinted glass's being used here I think, Norwich were a far better team on the day, as for using the same tactics, lol They switched formations during the game 4 times yesterday, master tactics from Paul Lambert, Spurs did not know what was hitting them. If they are a limited team, what does that make Spurs? flat 4 4 2 with no imagination, just a few gifted players

There was at least one denied penalty and a 50/50 call on another, Spurs were very lucky they did not lose by more. I would not swap 1 of our back four for Led King

The punters on Match of the Day were raving about Norwich and their playing style. We have now taken points of all the top 6 teams. Holt is superb, if he is not picked for England, than that is their loss, I would prefer him to rest during the summer anyway .

Norwich were outstanding against Everton on Saturday, and nothing sort of brilliant against Spurs

Please don't talk about Ledley King in such a disparaging way. He's 31 playing with one knee <deleted>.....

yes he's losing the pace if it hasn't already gone but he's a fantastically talented player who, baring dreadful injury doubtless would have denied the likes of John Terry nearly all his england caps.

Apart from that you're spot on

Please don't talk about Ledley King in such a disparaging way. He's 31 playing with one knee <deleted>.....

yes he's losing the pace if it hasn't already gone but he's a fantastically talented player who, baring dreadful injury doubtless would have denied the likes of John Terry nearly all his england caps.

Apart from that you're spot on

Sorry I withdraw the comment about Ledley, lol,

Rose tinted glasses possibly no one like to lose to an average team,lets be honest the table doesn't lie!!! lets look at norwich are they full of pace and power, balance and grace all the things that make the premier and football in general attractive to watch? I don't think so.. Master tactic's, yeah real advanced stuff, Norwich are a work man like team and have a reasonably smart manager, who used what he had well, but basically all he did was as the game progressed stuff the midfield with more and physical players whose sole intention was to stop ours playing and then to hit us on the break. i said you cant argue with the score and as i said b4 it worked on the day,but its hardly rocket science and we get virtually the same tactics used against every other week if it comes off HEROS, if not, well what did u expect, ???? ure playin a possible champs lge team. sunderland did virtually the same against us the game b4 and it didn't work but hey ho thats life or should i say thats the price newer club's sometimes need to pay to stay in the prem.

And as for ledley king playing with one knee, Absolute ,Classic LOL KEEP THEM COMIN CARMINE !!!! But seriously his physical condition and performances recently havnt been anywhere near his own high standards, seems long gone are the days when he walked the ball from defence into midfield and release a telling ball. ,perhaps he needs to go somewhere else to get a grip on his regime , cos for sure he's lost the plot at spurs

And as for ledley king playing with one knee, Absolute ,Classic LOL KEEP THEM COMIN CARMINE !!!! But seriously his physical condition and performances recently havnt been anywhere near his own high standards, seems long gone are the days when he walked the ball from defence into midfield and release a telling ball. ,perhaps he needs to go somewhere else to get a grip on his regime , cos for sure he's lost the plot at spurs

Have you been living in a cave for the last 3 years Rij, because you don't seem aware that Ledley hasn't trained properly for the last 3 years due to his dehibilitating injury, when you say "he needs to go somewhere else to get a grip on his regime" i take it you mean the knackers yard because if you mean another club then you really are having a laugh 7.gif

Have you been living in a cave for the last 3 years Rij, because you don't seem aware that Ledley hasn't trained properly for the last 3 years due to his dehibilitating injury, when you say "he needs to go somewhere else to get a grip on his regime" i take it you mean the knackers yard because if you mean another club then you really are having a laugh 7.gif

Off coarse i'm aware of that alfie, but his performances recently suggest that his physical regime has ceased to be as effective as it once was. he's slower, his timing is poor, and seems to have lost power,

the underling argument that both u and Carmine have used seems to be 'show respect he's a great servant' ect ect, well there comes a time for all players to move on and imo its kings time to move on, old out new in, hardly a new concept in football is it. Even the most intellectually challenged in the world of football seems to be able to get there head around that basic law of nature.

perhaps a new challenge would do him good, go to another club and see what standards are set , see if he can rekindle what he has had with spurs cos for sure he's not doing it with us. In fact from what ive seen recently he's turning into somewhat of a liability.

Off coarse i'm aware of that alfie, but his performances recently suggest that his physical regime has ceased to be as effective as it once was. he's slower, his timing is poor, and seems to have lost power,

the underling argument that both u and Carmine have used seems to be 'show respect he's a great servant' ect ect, well there comes a time for all players to move on and imo its kings time to move on, old out new in, hardly a new concept in football is it. Even the most intellectually challenged in the world of football seems to be able to get there head around that basic law of nature.

perhaps a new challenge would do him good, go to another club and see what standards are set , see if he can rekindle what he has had with spurs cos for sure he's not doing it with us. In fact from what ive seen recently he's turning into somewhat of a liability.

Where have i said "show respect he's a great servant' ect ect", i'm just replying to your comments about his physical condition etc and when you talk about him going to another club then you obviously don't know the extent of his injury as the only place he's going after leaving Spurs is probaly a wheelchair, if your going to have a pop at anyone then it should be Arri for playing him !

You obviously did not see the game, yes they are.

10th in the table same points as Liverpool. Norwich have been one of the best teams to watch this year, just two un-exciting game Sunderland and Stoke

Pace Eliot Bennet, Pilkington and Jackson err I think they showed you last night, but did you actually see the game?

Power Holt / Morrison

Balance Dury/ Howson

Grace Hoolahan , but we gave him the night off

I will add another superlative young and ambitious , that might be 2, anyway lol

I know its a big ask and I know it might be difficult for you Alfie, but perhaps you could take a deep breath, re read and think a little bit about what you write, then, what could be really rewarding is perhaps 2 extend that courtesy to other people's post's. Just a thought like.

I'd prefer to say.."Five games left and all to play for!" wink.png

Confidence to despair in only one game? I still don't see you throwing it all away. Chelsea are doomed unless they beat both Spurs and Arsenal and no matter how great Newcastle are you have to throw the points at them and they effectively have one less point than it looks with their poor goal difference

10th in the table same points as Liverpool. Norwich have been one of the best teams to watch this year, just two un-exciting game Sunderland and Stoke

Pace Eliot Bennet, Pilkington and Jackson err I think they showed you last night, but did you actually see the game?

Power Holt / Morrison

Balance Dury/ Howson

I will add another superlative young and ambitious , that might be 2, anyway lol

Yeah you had a good afternoon and by your standards yes you've had a good season sure you can list all the players you like but it's all relative, and not one of those players would hold a place down in any of the top 5 teams. And i'm sure it's been exciting playing in the top flight, but the excitement aint from your attractive free flowing football it's from youre competitiveness and dogged tactical nouse of your manager, and as you said youve taken points from all the top clubs , why? for sure its not cos youve taken them on, no its cos youve battened down the hatchs, and through your managers nouse managed to hold it together, good luck to you but if you want to sing your teams praises do it on the norwich thread, oh sori, i forgot, YOU DONT HAVE ONE!!!!!! why? cos NO ONE'S INTERESTED.

I know its a big ask and I know it might be difficult for you Alfie, but perhaps you could take a deep breath, re read and think a little bit about what you write, then, what could be really rewarding is perhaps 2 extend that courtesy to other people's post's. Just a thought like.

Quick question, do you really think that King will be fit enough to play for another club when he leaves spurs ?

Quick question, do you really think that King will be fit enough to play for another club when he leaves spurs ?

Yes I do. Not for a top 5/6 team and you wont get a full season out of him, but yes IMO he can/will play on, he's obviously taken on board the severity of his injuries and no doubt 's despite pier pressure and pressure from the club, aka redknaps recent criticism, he's stuck by the advise regarding the type of training he does, which hopefully will stand him in good stead after he finishes playing.

but perhaps if he's really smart he will retire cos what i do know and it's not widely talked about

is that an awful lot of ex pro's suffer really severe physical prob's after they retire and it's generally caused by playing on 2 long with injuries.

Edited by rijit

Power Holt / Morrison

Balance Dury/ Howson

Yeah you had a good afternoon and by your standards yes you've had a good season sure you can list all the players you like but it's all relative, and not one of those players would hold a place down in any of the top 5 teams. And i'm sure it's been exciting playing in the top flight, but the excitement aint from your attractive free flowing football it's from youre competitiveness and dogged tactical nouse of your manager, and as you said youve taken points from all the top clubs , why? for sure its not cos youve taken them on, no its cos youve battened down the hatchs, and through your managers nouse managed to hold it together, good luck to you but if you want to sing your teams praises do it on the norwich thread, oh sori, i forgot, YOU DONT HAVE ONE!!!!!! why? cos NO ONE'S INTERESTED.

I will leave my last post on the subject to The Sun's respected SHAUN CUSTIS

"This was one of the most outstanding performances seen at White Hart Lane since Redknapp took over — and it came from a Norwich team which bossed the show"

Power Holt / Morrison

Balance Dury/ Howson

"This was one of the most outstanding performances seen at White Hart Lane since Redknapp took over — and it came from a Norwich team which bossed the show"

Now you really are talking s--it, Since when has the sun and respected been acceptably used in the same sentence? ,certainly not since Hillsborough, remember that? probably not, well, half of Liverpool still to this day wont buy the newspaper. Now best you crawl bac with your respectable little team , to your v v little town and see if you can stay up next season, which personally I doubt.

Power Holt / Morrison

Balance Dury/ Howson

Now you really are talking s--it, Since when has the sun and respected been acceptably used in the same sentence? ,certainly not since Hillsborough, remember that? probably not, well, half of Liverpool still to this day wont buy the newspaper. Now best you crawl bac with your respectable little team , to your v v little town and see if you can stay up next season, which personally I doubt.

Well I was not going to post again, but i have to say, you seem like a really bitter individual, unable to have a bit of forum banter without turning to unnecessary comments, bit sad really

Your not taking that loss very well, are you rijit.

biggrin.png I'm happy to say I missed the game!

Honestly rij mate keep of the Class A's! tongue.png

4 me smokes The only things that get near me and warrent 2 b described as class a's arnt drugs they are those things that in a safe sexual society are wrapped in layers of rubber. Unfortunatly our thread seems have irresistable attraction for them. !!!! violin.gif but onwards and upwards.

Edited by rijit

Your not taking that loss very well, are you rijit.

biggrin.png I'm happy to say I missed the game!

Honestly rij mate keep of the Class A's! tongue.png

4 me smokes The only things that get near me and warrent 2 b described as class a's arnt drugs they are those things that in a safe sexual society are wrapped in layers of rubber. Unfortunatly our thread seems have irresistable attraction for them. !!!! violin.gif but onwards and upwards.

cheesy.gif Like this reply rijit.

Well as I said I didn't see the game....

I'm just worried that Capello has fuc_ked our season. I'd like to give him a kicking actually as he might end up being responsible for sloppy chops being our manager still next season.

Just get us into the CL 'Arry and bugger off there's a good chap.

And mr Bo, please dont join the masses read what ive written. Originally i wished them well I always try to be fair minded but i just disagreed that norwich were the better team, they arnt they are an average prem team that had a well managed, well reheased game plan, no doubt played out against every top half team , And this after' it worked well, but it was boring and unattractive and if people arent broad enuf to recognise that and still want to come onto on a TOTTENHAM thread and expect us to praise their team , think again. As far as ii'm concerned they should more than expect some banter bac, and if they dont like it, well there's an easy remedy,think b 4 u write!!!!!.