Tottenham Thread

chonabot

According to vb, vera's gonna keep the starting shirt, for the time being, we pay 12 mil for the french international capt and brad turns in a great performance, and arguably kept us from getting a beating, Difficult/harsh 2 turn around and say we're dropping you!!! it's said that every manager like's to have this sort of selection problem, personally with this one i'm not so sure, but thats only my opinion. And Good old ari, said on match of the day we're go'nna get a top 4 spot.thumbsup.gif

So whats happening at WHL??

Booing the team at half time AND fulltime??blink.png

Calling for AVB's head?

I have just had 16/1 on Sherwood being named next manager.

The clouds are gathering. I think that AVB is a gifted football manager, maybe lacking in man management skills, but Spurs fans apparantly have less patience than ever!!

Mistake letting 'Arry go

Shaddup....go and annoy the scousers Jackie....rolleyes.gif

Hahaha,

You know there is a point to be made there.... Liverpool have just got beat, have had a wretched Transfer window, been screwed by their owners.... yet their fans are still cheering to the end.

I am not taking the p!ss here, mate, but the Spurs fans really are delusional.... you guys give it out, same as I do, same as most fans do. But come on, booing your own team 3 games into a season??? Its an embarrassment

cheesy.gif infighting i love it,oh i how do miss singher tongue.png

There's no infighting MrRed.....I think its more we have "outed" one particular "fan"....he's probably one of yours or a Seapok doppelganger! tongue.png

'Outed' what EXACTLY the does that mean smokey.

Edited by rijit

There's no infighting MrRed.....I think its more we have "outed" one particular "fan"....he's probably one of yours or a Seapok doppelganger! tongue.png

One of our lot aint quite what he seems to be. Simple really.

Who's that? Has it turned out AVB hasn't really got any coaching badges tongue.png

[

Who's that? Has it turned out AVB hasn't really got any coaching badges tongue.png

trouble is he's got doubles of them all, A few choice comments by spurs fans, The voice of reason was present though

far to early to get in a drama about vb, got to give him some time.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/sep/01/tottenham-hotspur-norwich-city-premier

T

how about a Seapok esq match report then lads ?

you know at the end of last season i was going to say be careful what you wish for after you got rid of old Harry, but i thought id let it run and see how things went. biggrin.png

you know, between Levy and AVB i reckon they could run a bagel shop in Stamford hill into the ground ! laugh.png

I'm still watching your goals for average flatfish....rolleyes.gif

that would be +2 then and none against compared to your ........ whistling.gif

how about a Seapok esq match report then lads ?

you know at the end of last season i was going to say be careful what you wish for after you got rid of old Harry, but i thought id let it run and see how things went. biggrin.png

you know, between Levy and AVB i reckon they could run a bagel shop in Stamford hill into the ground ! laugh.png

I'm still watching your goals for average flatfish....rolleyes.gif

that would be +2 then and none against compared to your ........ whistling.gif

Your lot were lucky today. End of. biggrin.png

Edited by smokie36

What i think smokies is saying is that someone on here is a very very big one, emphasing the "is" rather than the "has" Any guesses? I'm still trying to think who. Definately a unpleasant trolling double agent though. wink.png

The more our new team plays together (4 including Diaby) the luckier we get clap2.gif. Levy should have sold Modric last year.

Financially , it could for sure be argued we should have taken the 40 Mil? Chelsea offered, But levy saying no you stay made a huge statement of intent regard the clubs transfer policy, ie were in control. And holdin him for a season cost 10 ish mil , depending on what figures you CHOOSE to believe, for me whether it was worth holding him is debatable, would we have finished 4 th with out him?, it could be argued that we're now seeing what our team is like without him, still,anyway the whole modric debates gone on for 2 long he's gone and thats the end of it. As for you playing well, didn't see the game yesterday, but DIaby is getting rave reviews, and probably why wenger so readily sold song. Any way lets hope we can kick on and give you a run for your, not unsubstantial, money.

Speaking as an Arsenal fan, I wouldn't want to get too reliant on Diaby; since he had his ankle shattered by a premiership carthorse he's never been the same player; I'd be surprised if he can string a good run of games together and two of Arsenal's next three are Chelsea and Man Citeh - I suppose it gets them out of the way though.

I'm not surprised Spurs fans are disillusioned with what they are seeing, but even if they never knew AVB before his Chelski days, it's obvious that his brand of football is quite sterile and unadventurous - most Spurs fans I know would rather lose 5-4 playing outstanding football than peter out to a tame draw at home to the likes of Norwich.

Oh, and I thought the red for Huddlestone must have been for his barnet, because the tackle was only worth a yellow.

Speaking as an Arsenal fan, I wouldn't want to get too reliant on Diaby; since he had his ankle shattered by a premiership carthorse he's never been the same player; I'd be surprised if he can string a good run of games together and two of Arsenal's next three are Chelsea and Man Citeh - I suppose it gets them out of the way though.

I'm not surprised Spurs fans are disillusioned with what they are seeing, but even if they never knew AVB before his Chelski days, it's obvious that his brand of football is quite sterile and unadventurous - most Spurs fans I know would rather lose 5-4 playing outstanding football than peter out to a tame draw at home to the likes of Norwich.

Oh, and I thought the red for Huddlestone must have been for his barnet, because the tackle was only worth a yellow.

You're right about the 'outstanding' football, fortunately or unfortunately, dependant on your standing on ari getting the sac, he put together a team that was true to spurs tradition based on flair and pace,baring blips it worked, most balanced spurs fans loved it. vb style, not that weve seen it totally yet, is supposedly based around technique, will he be able to get a successful style that will get the spurs fans on his side and best out of the current squad, is open 2 debate. But i can remember going to the lane in george Grahams days and we won 4-0, and they were still booing Graham, yeah cos he was a gunner, but more importantly the style of football basically was'nt v attractive. So time will tell, so i'm just hoping vb will be able to compromise and do it, 3 games in though is not a fair crack of the whip. Better to make a value judgement @ xmas time.

coffee1.gif Your grounds too big for you and its still the library. smile.png

It's not and it is. Still think the biggest mistake they made was not keeping all the noisy yobs together at one or both ends. Now if you so much as dare to sing or shout, the prawn sandwich munchers are tutting away in the background. Still can't believe we've got people who pay 100 quid a ticket for the privilege of drinking a few pints of piss warm budweiser at half time, but it's paying for the stadium quite nicely.

It's not and it is. Still think the biggest mistake they made was not keeping all the noisy yobs together at one or both ends. Now if you so much as dare to sing or shout, the prawn sandwich munchers are tutting away in the background. Still can't believe we've got people who pay 100 quid a ticket for the privilege of drinking a few pints of piss warm budweiser at half time, but it's paying for the stadium quite nicely.

I've been going to north London derbies for thirty years and there never was an atmosphere at the library except when Spurs arrived. yes, you normally beat us but i'll tell you what, a blind observer would think that Spurs were the winners!

The new library is just a home base for the surrey stock broker belt who were bored at weekends. Nice stadium but a sterile version of a sporting mausoleum.

Its a great place to watch football from an enthusiast point of view a great place to see the whole pitch.

Its all too spread out though...which seems to dissipate all the atmosphere....badly thought out imho.

Pies were OK...one beer told me enough....:blink:

Edited by smokie36

<b>Chicog, on 2012-09-03 14:55:51, said:</b><br /> Man Citeh -<br />
<br />Why do people write it like that? It takes longer to write than City blink.png

Its a phonetic thing....we've all been to East Manchester...well....driven through with the doors locked at least. ;)

<b>Chicog, on 2012-09-03 14:55:51, said:</b><br /> Man Citeh -<br />
<br />Why do people write it like that? It takes longer to write than City blink.png

Its a phonetic thing....we've all been to East Manchester...well....driven through with the doors locked at least. wink.png

Remind me of what happened in Tottenham again, that lovely quiet Hamlet. That didn't happen near our ground biggrin.png