Tottenham Thread

chonabot

I am absolutely sure they would have finished above Arsenal and maybe even Chelsea had they done that.

Not with this manager, he's too negative.

I think AVB is something of an enigma!! You dont suddenly become a bad manager overnight!!. You dont win what he has by being an also ran. But how good is he?? Certainly not as bad as Chelsea made him out to be. My main problem with him, is when he starts to talk, I start falling asleep.

The only mistake AVB made was joining the chelsea circus in the first place.

And chicoq, managers that are too negative don't win trebles. He's very young and still learning but his record of silverware (does an Arsenal fans memory go back that far?) won at his age and time in management is fantastic.

Steve McLaren won the Eredivisie.

It's a totally different ball game (excuse the pun).

The Portugese League is mickey mouse stuff.

[if it was the case that the deal fell through because the football club was unable to get the third party into line within the deadline .... I rest my case as to why its bad for football.

Your missing the point santi mate Yes it could be argued that it was bad for that particular deal,but that doesn't make it bad for for football as a whole.

Taking away the 3 rd party ownership what would it do? baring make it easier for the rich clubs to do the deals and conform to what ENGLISH football DEEM as proper. without 3rd party ownership and the income it generates it could well damage the supply chain of players to the point of it being irreparable, it could have a hugely detrimental effect on football as a WHOLE,

[Portuguese League is mickey mouse stuff.

Yeah avb took relatively struggling teams in not such a competitive lge as the prem and introduced his style and they were v v successful, different ball game at spurs he's ,argualbly got a bloody good squad, that's been relatively successful, IMO, what his job is, is 2 get the best out of them, slightly different. proposition. And being fair to him it's Far to early to judge him.

Admittedly he was never going to get in charge of the Chelsea dressing room with the egos involved, and shouldn't have that problem at the Totts, but Mourinho he isn't. No worries about my annual Arsenal-above-Tottenham bet again this year.

Admittedly he was never going to get in charge of the Chelsea dressing room with the egos involved, and shouldn't have that problem at the Totts, but Mourinho he isn't. No worries about my annual Arsenal-above-Tottenham bet again this year.

17yrs and counting!!!

1995 was the last time, and although I think it will be close, I dont see Spurs breaking the habit this season

17yrs and counting!!!

1995 was the last time, and although I think it will be close, I dont see Spurs breaking the habit this season

More obsessive behavioural patterns coming to the fore Jack!! Let it go mate let it go....

Because if he hadnt been as frugal, Spurs would have bought Moutinho (who they deperately need) and probably a decent striker.

Comparing Your lot with Spurs, is comparing apples with oranges

they got a decent striker for a bargain price. he didn't want to get ripped off over moutinho. i don't see how this is a bad thing unless they get relegated.

You need 3 strikers in todays day and age!! Dempsey is an attacking midfielder, not an out and out striker.

Moutinho would have cost an extra 3 mill because of paying the 3rd party 15%.

They needed him plus a striker. I am absolutely sure they would have finished above Arsenal and maybe even Chelsea had they done that.

Yep I agree , IMO we should have three maybe even 4 strikers , But vb has gone on record and said he wants to run with 2 senior strikers and a development player as a 3 rd so weve got adeboy and defoe , with a potentially high scoring midfield that can also play upfront, so we'll just have 2 suck it and see and for vb's sake hope it works and doesn't come bac to haunt him.

JACY, this points actually getting a bit over done now, but read that guardian article, it says that there was an issue with the 3 rd party, that couldnt be resolved in the given time, it speculates it was 3 mil but seems just as likely that it wasn't.We dont KNOW. And frankly who care's IT'S DONE.

And as for last season in the mid season window, not so sure mutty boy was in the frame then, ari got saha and neilson, he said he'D ASKED/WANTED tevez and Cahill, just a slight chasm in class, saha did ok as did neilson , but with bolder signings who know's what could have happened .

Edited by rijit

Two days and no postings from the usually yappy Spuds. Looks like youv'e cleared em out Rijit mate. Would you care to move over to the Lancashire threads and do a job on them n'all. We could all do with some (Library-like) peace and quiet.

Two days and no postings from the usually yappy Spuds. Looks like youv'e cleared em out Rijit mate. Would you care to move over to the Lancashire threads and do a job on them n'all. We could all do with some (Library-like) peace and quiet.

You are such a troll

Back to Navy Blue shorts is what's needed.

They are not Real Madrid or Swansea......they are Spurs and Spurs need Navy Blue shorts! wink.png

You are a wise man!!

That would sort out our current situation and i would go one further and say Liverpool are Liverpool and Rodgers should send all his squad to the hairdressers and get their hair permed in true terry mac/Keggy Keegan poodle style. All the baldies should wear syrups. Then they will have the truely great Liverpool look.

• Like 1

They are not Real Madrid or Swansea......they are Spurs and Spurs need Navy Blue shorts! wink.png

You are a wise man!!

That would sort out our current situation and i would go one further and say Liverpool are Liverpool and Rodgers should send all his squad to the hairdressers and get their hair permed in true terry mac/Keggy Keegan poodle style. All the baldies should wear syrups. Then they will have the truely great Liverpool look.

Taches mate....don't forget them!!!

You are a wise man!!

Taches mate....don't forget them!!!

Took them as a given mate. Bottom line is if they reverted back to the poodle look and sorted out a loan striker they'd be right back on track.

In addition to the above, if Liverpool started training in a shell suit again, they would be an unstopable force

I've just checked with the Merseyside police and a spokesman confirmed that no one has ever been apprehended wearing a shellsuit. A staggering fact!!!

Hugo seems concerned he is not the Boss whistling.gif

12 mil or no 12 mil, which, lets not forget stiil makes him a chunk cheaper than your current 2 nd choice keeper, But Best he get used to fighting decent competition for his place cos whilst Initially I must admit 2 not being a freda fan , he's been a total rock for us and IMO hasn't put a foot wrong and cant see any good reason, ATM, to drop or replace him. But we don't know what vb told him when he signed him, so we will just have 2 see

Hugo seems concerned he is not the Boss whistling.gif

As well he should. With keepers its a tricky situation, and especially so in this case with one very experienced and good keeper coming to the end of his career and looking to play as many games as he can before retirement, and the new lad who is itching to make the shirt his own.

Lloris will get his chance....I hope he takes it quickly as we need a real leader at the back.

I'm quite excited by this signing in fact.

Tbh, i d find the goalkeeping sitution a touch strange or strained, out field palyers have played in the prem past 40 , sherringham , giggs is 37 and it's quite long been realised, certainly by us since we mistakenly let Jennings go to the arswipes thinking he was 2 old , and with the acceptance of things like yoga all round fitness has improved, the 'goal posts' have changed, players can perform past 40, we've got a weird situ, weve spent alot of money to replace someone that atm dont really need replacing,, if it's 4 the long term and the op 2 buy him was 2 good to turn down, fine, buy him and loan him bac. get him bac for next season but buyin a national capt and then puttin him on the bench HMMMMMMMMMMM lets not forget these french boys arnt shrinking violets, esp when they feel wronged aka cantano and look what happened with santini, vb's got enuf on his plate, why the fuc make more prob's

Tbh, i d find the goalkeeping sitution a touch strange or strained, out field palyers have played in the prem past 40 , sherringham , giggs is 37 and it's quite long been realised, certainly by us since we mistakenly let Jennings go to the arswipes thinking he was 2 old , and with the acceptance of things like yoga all round fitness has improved, the 'goal posts' have changed, players can perform past 40, we've got a weird situ, weve spent alot of money to replace someone that atm dont really need replacing,, if it's 4 the long term and the op 2 buy him was 2 good to turn down, fine, buy him and loan him bac. get him bac for next season but buyin a national capt and then puttin him on the bench HMMMMMMMMMMM lets not forget these french boys arnt shrinking violets, esp when they feel wronged aka cantano and look what happened with santini, vb's got enuf on his plate, why the fuc make more prob's

Seems there are a lot of anti AVB sentiment coming from all over the place. Lots of ex players jumping on the band wagon.

I think this is a fairly honest appraisal..........http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/molby-avb-making-mistakes-115603657.h

Edited by JacknDanny

Seems there are a lot of anti AVB sentiment coming from all over the place. Lots of ex players jumping on the band wagon.

I think this is a fairly honest appraisal..........http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/molby-avb-making-mistakes-115603657.h

To be fair no one knows the full story on what AVB has said to players and Molby needs to stop reading the tabloids

I don't think I have ever heard of a situation where a player has been discontent so quickly after signing

How does he know the player is so discontent, has the player said so ?

he handled the Michael Dawson situation badly by telling him he was part of his plans

How did he know that Dawson was told this ? has Dawson or AVB said this was said ?

bringing him back into the fold when a deal could not be reached.

Where has he bought him back into the fold ?

So the Lloris situation, was probaly told that he would have to fight for his place, nothing unusual in that so why the big hoo haa about it !

The Dawson situation, Qpr put in a big offer for a player who was 5th choice, 29 years of age and had a fair amount of injuries, Dawson turns it down and therefore stays, where's the problem ?

Edited by alfieconn

Yeah seem fair enuf.

Whether they are or not vb's dealings with players are 2 easily twisted or viewed by

the press as 'clumsy'

seems He's not cute enuf with them, every time he opens his gob somehow it's turned and used against him

, media coverage hasnt helped him in the past and it aint helping him or us now.

we really ought to be thinking strategically and reducing his exposure, get him out

of the firing line.reduce the seemingly relentlessly mounting media pressure,

But we can talk and speculate on media strategy

#

all we like and maybe it will help maybe not, but the thing that will sort all is, quite simply

SOME CRACKING PERFORMANCES.

Edited by rijit