Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Rather unsurprisingly Lawrenson is making a tit of himself again talking his usual ill informed twaddle in "Lawros predictions'. Says he can't see it working out for Spurs having defoe up top on his own for the season!

Does he ever revise any facts before he writes? Does he not know that Defoes is standing in for an injured Adebayor?

rij, what has being a moderator got to do with anything? I can have the banter along with you all, can't I? And don't give me grief about staying on top[ic. The day the footy forum is totally 100% on topic will be the day nobody is posting. biggrin.png

Of coarse you can have a banter with US spurs fans on the spurs thread and no one minds a slight wander off topic, but your banter isnt a slight meander it's a virtual high jack, post after post on man ut v man city, football wise at best it's trite and its attidude towards us spurs fans is just arrogance and quite frankly rude. Ive sort of come to expect it from half witted man utd fans who think the world stops at their club, now it's creeping into man city fans? ,honestly one title and you think nothing and no one else matters,of coarse .it can be that way , but not on the tottenham thread please.. And I take it your 'job' as a moderator is to see that rules are kept, perhaps there's no rules on keeping on topic, but if there is, perhaps you as a moderator should set an example if you dont why should others stick to the rules

I think i'm warming to Rij 113.gif

Rather unsurprisingly Lawrenson is making a tit of himself again talking his usual ill informed twaddle in "Lawros predictions'. Says he can't see it working out for Spurs having defoe up top on his own for the season!

Does he ever revise any facts before he writes? Does he not know that Defoes is standing in for an injured Adebayor?

And the Daily mail saying Ade is not happy, complete <deleted>.

Don't really fancy out chances today.......... i can't see us getting close to all them star names they have bought, perhaps it's best that we let them just fight it out with the other big spenders City and we just concentrate on getting in the top 6 !!!!!

And the Daily mail saying Ade is not happy, complete <deleted>.

How do they get away with making this stuff up when the whole country knows Adebayor has been unfit or 'unable" to play for most of the season!

And why doesn't an ex footballer and "so called" expert know that Adebayor is the ideal first choice in a 4-2-3-1 at Spurs?

What do we have to be subjected to these ignorant berks who don't even have the professionalism to do some homework!

Don't really fancy out chances today.......... i can't see us getting close to all them star names they have bought, perhaps it's best that we let them just fight it out with the other big spenders City and we just concentrate on getting in the top 6 !!!!!

Interestingly Lawro reckons Chelsea won easily at Arsenal but i didn't think they looked that good. Yes their midfield looks spectacular on paper but its also lightweight and i wonder whether the raw derby atmosphere will have a negative effect on them. lets face it, the Library hardly produces a derby atmosphere. well hardly produces an atmosphere full stop actually.

i see the key men for Spurs as Dembele and Sandro. We have to starve them of possession or we'll lose.

Interestingly Lawro reckons Chelsea won easily at Arsenal but i didn't think they looked that good. Yes their midfield looks spectacular on paper but its also lightweight and i wonder whether the raw derby atmosphere will have a negative effect on them. lets face it, the Library hardly produces a derby atmosphere. well hardly produces an atmosphere full stop actually.

i see the key men for Spurs as Dembele and Sandro. We have to starve them of possession or we'll lose.

I disagree with Alf on this game. I think we'll boss the midfield and be very strong defensively but its tough to see where the goals will come from....except for Bale of course who is a nightmare for any defender....and in top form thankfully!

I disagree with Alf on this game. I think we'll boss the midfield and be very strong defensively but its tough to see where the goals will come from....except for Bale of course who is a nightmare for any defender....and in top form thankfully!

We will press them high up the pitch and with a high defensive line, nothing new there. The backline, bar gallas is quick on the turn so this suits us. Do wonder whether Naughton should fill in for walker as the better defender in games like this though. i also think we'll be alright because i think oue central pairing will give them a hard time but i do worry about walker. i'd also presume Adebayor up top so he'll be holding the ball up much better than Defoe. don't really mind what keeper but isn't it about time he goes with one and surely that should be Lloris?

i am 50-50 on this game tonight (aus time), love the tension around this fixture, but have the usual forebodings about it, hopefully the lads perform well and we can gain a strong foothold in midfield early, bale to run with the ball as much as he can early to gain some ascendancy over his marker.

i am 50-50 on this game tonight (aus time), love the tension around this fixture, but have the usual forebodings about it, hopefully the lads perform well and we can gain a strong foothold in midfield early, bale to run with the ball as much as he can early to gain some ascendancy over his marker.

they are vulnerable to quick breaks that our Spurs' forte but we must take our chances. we cannot give them any space either. Very close game to call as you say.

Just edited to say if it is still in doubt who should be in goal then lloris should get the nod because his distribution is far better and if we are hitting them on the break and he can release our wings faster then for me its a no brainer, but that is in no way saying Friedal wouldn't do a good job.

Edited by carmine

they are vulnerable to quick breaks that our Spurs' forte but we must take our chances. we cannot give them any space either. Very close game to call as you say.

Just edited to say if it is still in doubt who should be in goal then lloris should get the nod because his distribution is far better and if we are hitting them on the break and he can release our wings faster then for me its a no brainer, but that is in no way saying Friedal wouldn't do a good job.

I said before AVB must make a brutal decision. Lloris should keep his place. Other than that yes it will be a tough match but I'm looking forward to this one!

I wanted Chelsea to lose this one, so we could reign in on the points gap. But after you lot ganging up on me yesterday.........dam_n it..........i still want Chelsea to lose. Notice how I didn't say I wanted Spurs to win though laugh.png

Yours is a lonely voice on here mrboj....we are all licking our lips with anticipation....the atmosphere will be electric...I hope we play well!

I agree this is a difficult match to call, but if you play the highline you will have a nightmare. The problem Chelsea seem to have is finding space behind the back line. If you give us the space we will score.

Looking forward to this one and I just hope it doesn't come down to a dodgy decision.

COYB!

Full house for this one too mrboj!! smile.png

Couldn't resist....giggle.gif

It would be embarrassing if it wasn't.

yeh you knobs must feel the embarrassment week in week out with you so called Library full house and yet all the empty seats.

I agree this is a difficult match to call, but if you play the highline you will have a nightmare. The problem Chelsea seem to have is finding space behind the back line. If you give us the space we will score.

Looking forward to this one and I just hope it doesn't come down to a dodgy decision.

COYB!

We have the pace to counter that. It will be interesting this one....and I'm not calling it at all!

Only joking chaps, thought it might bring out the chavs or even city but no luck, anyway lets hope we smother there midfield and go from there.Will be nice to play a team at home who don't come to defend ! should be interesting to see how good the chavs really are taking into account that they havn't really played anyone yet !

• Like 1

What's a "full house" smokes? An exact number please.

According to Wikipedia, about 36000.

I think this game has draw written all over it. Spurs havent been beaten for 20+ games against London clubs. Chelsea havent won at WHL their last 6 trips. I dont think Spurs are playing bad enough or Chelsea well enough to go against the stats

What's a "full house" smokes? An exact number please.

According to Wikipedia, about 36000.

I think this game has draw written all over it. Spurs havent been beaten for 20+ games against London clubs. Chelsea havent won at WHL their last 6 trips. I dont think Spurs are playing bad enough or Chelsea well enough to go against the stats

No jack. I require smokie to answer the question....to the exact person. This is following on from yesterdays tennis match and he claims it will be a full house.