Tottenham Thread

chonabot

We can still be proud, none of the so called "Big Four" have beaten us this season and we gave the Mancs a good go last night. Plenty of positives to take forward as we climb the table and get ready for a MASSIVE clear out in the summer.

Jenas, Bent, Bentley, Zokora, Gomes, Dos Santos - See ya, wouldn't wanna be ya!!!

YID ARMY...!!!!!!

I iSUPPOSE UR RIGHT WE SHOULD BE LOOKING 4 THE POSITIVES

BUT MY HEAD KEEPS COMING AROUND THAT WE CANT BEAT A VERY MUCH 2ND 11 OF UTD

MAKES ME SAD

CONSIDERING THE WEDGE WEVE LAID OUT.

AND NO WAY KEENE OR ANY OF THE REST OF THE NEW SIGNINGS, IMO WOULD HAVE MADE MUCH DIFFERENCE.

3 PLAYERS IMO GOOD ENUF FOR THE SHIRT, DAWSON MODRIC AND LENNON

KING, V V GOOD BUT WE WILL BE LUCKY 2 SEE 20 GAMES OUT OF HIM FOR A SEASON, HES GOT TO GO. DAWSON, IMO 2 GOOD TO BE 3RD CHOICE.

hard CHOICES ARI BOY.

3 PLAYERS IMO GOOD ENUF FOR THE SHIRT, DAWSON MODRIC AND LENNON

Agree 100% but I'd add a couple of others. Sadly King Ledley can't play a complete season which is a shame coz he is a GENUINE world class centre half, but his in/out/in/out schedule is too disruptive to the team. I do think Woody is a good player though (if fit) and he seems to bring the best out of Dawson. Corluka will do as a back-up CB as he's a crap right back.

Lennon is class, just need 'Arry to stop subbing him so often and the team will be built around Modric in the midle of the park with Palacios holding.

Feel a bit for Defoe coming back. As has been proved in the past, he and Keano can't play together and now he has to fight Keano for a place again. I do believe Pavlyuchenko will become a great player for us. This is just his first season settling in and has a fair haul of goals already so next year I think he'll explode in a settled side.

We desperately need Hutton back fit and ready, a new left back and a genuine left winger. The main job is to get rid of the too many 50 Grand a week posers we have and build the team spirit. Apart from that, everything's cool..!!

The perfect Spurs Team:

1. NEW KEEPER

2. Hutton (RB)

3. NEW LEFT BACK

4. Palacios (CM)

5. Woody (CB)

6. Dawson (CB)

7. Lennon (RW)

8. Modric (CM)

9. Pav (CF)

10. Keano (CF/Free Role)

11. NEW LEFT WINGER

We've got decent back ups and squad members in O Hara, Gunter, Bale, Corluka etc.

COYS...!!!!

The perfect Spurs Team:

1. NEW KEEPER - Cudicini?

2. Hutton (RB) - not Corluka?

3. NEW LEFT BACK - that young kid looks like he can play, and I don't mean Bale

4. Palacios (CM) - great footballer

5. Woody (CB) - woody is not in harry's plans me thinks.

6. Dawson (CB) - big heart

7. Lennon (RW) - Lennon, quick but lacks the finishing cross

8. Modric (CM) - yep

9. Pav (CF) - yep

10. Keano (CF/Free Role)

11. NEW LEFT WINGER

We've got decent back ups and squad members in O Hara, Gunter, Bale, Corluka etc.

COYS...!!!!

The perfect Spurs Team:

1. NEW KEEPER - Cudicini?

2. Hutton (RB) - not Corluka?

3. NEW LEFT BACK - that young kid looks like he can play, and I don't mean Bale

4. Palacios (CM) - great footballer

5. Woody (CB) - woody is not in harry's plans me thinks.

6. Dawson (CB) - big heart

7. Lennon (RW) - Lennon, quick but lacks the finishing cross

8. Modric (CM) - yep

9. Pav (CF) - yep

10. Keano (CF/Free Role)

11. NEW LEFT WINGER

COYS...!!!!

Cudicini still a great keeper but too old. Maybe get 2 seasons out of him but if Gomes wasn't such a disaster we wouldn't have needed to get him. Corluka I don't rate at all as a full back. I think he's a more natural CB and only a back up at best. Alan Hutton is class, flying up and down the right side both attacking AND defending.

At left back, Assou-Ekotto is OK but has already expressed a wish to return to France. Bale just hasn't lived up to the promise sadly, maybe he will next year but we shall see.

Agree about Woodgate in 'Arry's plans but still a good player. For Lennon, he gets subbed so often he has too much pressure to create the perfect opening and thinks too much. Just let him terrorise defenders and do his thing and he'll be fine. I remember Ronaldo couldn't cross a ball when he first went to United..!!

Hutton not strong enough, gets knocked of the ball to easily.

If Bale could learn how to defend he would be outstanding, but what is he? not a left back and not a miidie and not a left winger. good player though. a bit more confidence and he would have had one against utd., imo run of the game.

Modric, outstanding footballer, his philosophy at the mo! give it to lennon , lennon best player on the park against utd by a country mile.

Im wondering if pavlleo lad has the iq to follow through on his impressive start, needs to shut his f----------cking gob and just play, or get a pr boy to sort him . goalie

Imo both boys are good enough. the central defence is poor at set plays.

Its been next season with spurs since david pleat left. same old same old

• 2 weeks later...

im pissed, ive been trying to get the rerun of the villa game on true alll day and must have missed it

now watching utd liverpool chuckle !!

just goes to show, where we are, could you see this spurs team taking utd apart,

no chance not enough pace on the break , lennon and bent only ones with pace enough to hurt them

got to say that it was a top draw win at the pretenders villa, but as i say its been manyana for spurs since, god knows when

with jol I had faith, with ari boy, maybe

Well thats a nice win , not only do we beat them, but we virtually end there hopes of winning the prem Sweet.

our ari looks as though hes got the start of a decent team coming together.

By the way, was I the only really worried about Gomez in the last 5 mins and injury time, thought he totally lost the plot, the boy just doesn't seem to be able to handle pressure.

Still onwards and upwards!! watch out west ham weve got you well in our sights. abso no prob

come on you spurs !!!

Edited by rijit

• 2 weeks later...

Today it has been reported that the spurs have released new pics of their new stadium.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/...n-ice-rink.html

As a sign of the times, the team has gone with an unusual name for the new digs and one that clearly demonstrates how rich they are.

It took 7 ad agencies and 4 board meetings to come to a consensus.

"Naming Rights" Stadium will be the new home for the Spurs. Clearly seen in this photo, the new sponsor "Naming Rights", has signed a 5 year deal with the club to have its name on the roof.

Levy commented "Well, with Arry in Charge and our dedicated followers, we thought we would go for something different when it came to our new stadium. We looked at Arsenal and didn't feel right having a Middle Eastern Company adhorning the roof of our building so we said what they hey - let's call it 'naming rights'. I must admit part of the inspiration came from West Ham this year when they lost their shirt sponsor. Under our plan, we are guaranteed not to run into any potential sponsorship problems and this should come as some comfort for our supporters."

Still onwards and upwards!! watch out west ham weve got you well in our sights. abso no prob

come on you spurs !!!

:o

Yeah right, you keep spending your ludicrous amounts on Honduran Wigan Players, Strikers from Liverpool who thought they were better than they are, & we'll just keep plodding on, quietly, winning Games, keeping clean sheets & watching English, Home Grown Kids do the business for us...

As you say, onwards & upwards you Spurs... :D

ANOTHER POOR LAST 10 MINS FROM TOTTENHAM, iM BECOMING TO THINK THAT ITS A FITNESS ISSUE, THE CONCENTRATION SEEMS TO GO AND ITS

NOT THE FIRST TIME, LOOK AND LEARN ARI BOY SOME THINGS NEED TO STAY OLD SCHOOL, SOME THINGS DONT, FITNESS BEING ONE OF THEM.

AND GET A LIFE M SIGNH.

ANOTHER POOR LAST 10 MINS FROM TOTTENHAM, iM BECOMING TO THINK THAT ITS A FITNESS ISSUE, THE CONCENTRATION SEEMS TO GO AND ITS

NOT THE FIRST TIME, LOOK AND LEARN ARI BOY SOME THINGS NEED TO STAY OLD SCHOOL, SOME THINGS DONT, FITNESS BEING ONE OF THEM.

AND GET A LIFE M SIGNH.

:o Bwahahahahaha :D

Bit quiet today Mr.Singh..???

Lovely Jubbly!

You were outclassed from start to finish and 1-0 flattered the Spammers. UEFA Cup here we come and look out next season peeps, Da Yids are gonna get ya!!

Though Tom Hudd had a good game last night, always rated him even though he's dropped off a bit the last 6 months. Hope he can get a regular place.

Darren Bent, please do us all a favour and just flick off, you are the worst player I have seen at Spurs for years.

We need a genuine left winger, a world class left back and we'll be OK.

UEFA cup - eighth place should do it, shouldn't it, but whatever the footie results tonight they'll be back to 9th. They should thrash Newcastle next Sunday at WHL but don't fancy their chances at Man U the following week, do you?

UEFA cup - eighth place should do it, shouldn't it, but whatever the footie results tonight they'll be back to 9th. They should thrash Newcastle next Sunday at WHL but don't fancy their chances at Man U the following week, do you?

It's only 7th that will get into UEFA Cup and that's just because the FA Cup Final will be between two of the current top 6.

We'll get a point at Old Trafford, no problem. We are the only team who have not beaten all season by ANY of the so called big 4...!!!!

Bit quiet today Mr.Singh..???

Lovely Jubbly!

You were outclassed from start to finish and 1-0 flattered the Spammers. UEFA Cup here we come and look out next season peeps, Da Yids are gonna get ya!!

Though Tom Hudd had a good game last night, always rated him even though he's dropped off a bit the last 6 months. Hope he can get a regular place.

Darren Bent, please do us all a favour and just flick off, you are the worst player I have seen at Spurs for years.

We need a genuine left winger, a world class left back and we'll be OK.

Quiet ?? Me ?? You're joking, i'm not one to go missing with things don't go our way, no chance..

Think outclassed's a bit strong..

Admittedly you were the better Team on the day but so you should have been considering the Team we had out there which i'm sure you realised was nowhere near full strength..

3rd & 4th choice Strikers, Right Back playing in the Centre of Midfield, Left Winger playing on the right & 2 Kids that haven't got a dozen Games under their belt between but if you're happy & think you outclassed us only winning 1-0, then you crack on Fella & good luck in the UEFA Cup, a Competition which didn't mean <deleted> all to you this Year judging by your Team selection in the Ukraine..

Oh & a quick stat for you Chaps, we have been above you for all but on of the last 12,560 hours approximately, excluding the Off Season.. That one hour where you was above us is because we kicked off an hour later than you at Sunderland then won.. :o

& just another thing, why on earth would a " World Class " Left Back even consider joining a Club like T*ttenham ??

Delusion rules, as per usual...

It's only 7th that will get into UEFA Cup and that's just because the FA Cup Final will be between two of the current top 6.

Can you explain that? I was under the impression that winner of FA Cup and winner of Carling Cup went through, they already being in the Top 6 leaves two more places? Or have I got this completely round me neck? :o

Can you explain that? I was under the impression that winner of FA Cup and winner of Carling Cup went through, they already being in the Top 6 leaves two more places? Or have I got this completely round me neck? :o

As I understand it, we get 1 automatic place alloted via the league (5th) for UEFA Cup. We also get FA Cup Winners and League Cup winners. We only get 1 automatic from League because of the League Cup, same as in France. No other European country's League Cup winners get in.

The League Cup went to Man Utd. (fluke) so then we get 6th place from the League, not runners up in League Cup.

If both FA Cup finalists are already qualified for Europe via League placings, then another league spot gets alotted (7th).

Can you explain that? I was under the impression that winner of FA Cup and winner of Carling Cup went through, they already being in the Top 6 leaves two more places? Or have I got this completely round me neck? :D

As I understand it, we get 1 automatic place alloted via the league (5th) for UEFA Cup. We also get FA Cup Winners and League Cup winners. We only get 1 automatic from League because of the League Cup, same as in France. No other European country's League Cup winners get in.

The League Cup went to Man Utd. (fluke) so then we get 6th place from the League, not runners up in League Cup.

If both FA Cup finalists are already qualified for Europe via League placings, then another league spot gets alotted (7th).

You go through all this rigmoral then your Manager will put out the Reserves again in some far flung Eastern European hellhole next Year again & will call the UEFA Cup a " distraction ", great... :o:D

Can you explain that? I was under the impression that winner of FA Cup and winner of Carling Cup went through, they already being in the Top 6 leaves two more places? Or have I got this completely round me neck? :D

You go through all this rigmoral then your Manager will put out the Reserves again in some far flung Eastern European hellhole next Year again & will call the UEFA Cup a " distraction ", great... :o:D

We won't be in a relegation battle this time next year so we can go on and win the UEFA Cup..!!

We won't be in a relegation battle this time next year so we can go on and win the UEFA Cup..!!

:D Truly unbelievable...

You was meant to be challenging for the Top 4 at this stage of the Season this Year, & last Year thinking about it, & the Year before too..

de⋅lude–verb (used with object), -lud⋅ed, -lud⋅ing.

1.to mislead the mind or judgment of; deceive: His conceit deluded him into believing he was important.

2.Obsolete. to mock or frustrate the hopes or aims of.

3.Obsolete. to elude; evade.

Edited by MSingh

As mr singh says shouldnt get over enthusiastic about beating a mediocre, at best a mid table team, full of reserves and youth players.

However 3 points are 3 points, and I agree with what ari said, he made the right choise in concentrating on the league rather than the uefa cup

Im not to bothered about the uefa, but imo it doas help, a club attract better players , such as Modric pav, hopefully next season we will see the best of

those 2

but spurs have always been next seasons club. so for me seeing is believing.

Edited by rijit

As mr singh says shouldnt get over enthusiastic about beating a mediocre, at best a mid table team, full of reserves and youth players.

Yep, spot on, but you forgot to add that that same Team have been above you for all but on of the last 12,560 hours approximately, excluding the Off Season.. That one hour where you was above us is because we kicked off an hour later than you at Sunderland then won.. :o

[

Yep, spot on, but you forgot to add that that same Team have been above you for all but on of the last 12,560 hours approximately, excluding the Off Season.. That one hour where you was above us is because we kicked off an hour later than you at Sunderland then won.. :o

ah well I suppose the same goas for you finishing above us, oh so so many many times in the last 10 years.

but thats dull and bit boring, and doasnt really matter.

Mind you, I did see Franky mac chip ray clemence from inside the 5 yard box once,

now that was a bit special.